PES Strength Contest

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The most recently released product from PMS' Black Series.
You will never want again.
I keep getting bloody noses but the info I got said this is to be expected. It's the BLACK LIVER expelling the weak blood cells and building up the strong ones. Not from high BP.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i think im gonna be shooting a video for BW dips on monday..shootin for at least 50.......

evandem27

evandem27

Awards
i think im gonna be shooting a video for BW dips on monday..shootin for at least 50.......
Doooooo itttttt!!! Make sure you
Make super funky noises each rep!

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hopefully I'll be able to put up a real video tonight to compete with evandem27. I know for sure it won't be close to 220 lbs though!

DkGreek

DkGreek

Awards
  • Established
Hopefully I'll be able to put up a real video tonight to compete with evandem27. I know for sure it won't be close to 220 lbs though!
I'm hoping to at least hit 180, like he did.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah that 180 is pretty beastly! I gotta see what I can really do on the pullups too! At least I'm not at work today killing myself! Lifting at night after working with big timbers all day kinda kills the numbers. Gotta love preworkout supps!!

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Dips and pull-ups? I was expecting bench, squat, and deadlift oh well

DkGreek

DkGreek

Awards
  • Established
Yeah that 180 is pretty beastly! I gotta see what I can really do on the pullups too! At least I'm not at work today killing myself! Lifting at night after working with big timbers all day kinda kills the numbers. Gotta love preworkout supps!!
Indeed!

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So far evandem is on for two prizes. He may as well enter all 4 categories. If my wrist is up to it I may go for the heaviest pull up category just for fun. :)

DkGreek

DkGreek

Awards
  • Established
So far evandem is on for two prizes. He may as well enter all 4 categories. If my wrist is up to it I may go for the heaviest pull up category just for fun. :)
What was his weight for dips?

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It is updated in the second post. 180lbs, only a couple of lbs short of bodyweight- very impressive.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
someone do BW dips so i know what i need to beat lol.....how much does everyone think they can do?

darsh89

darsh89

Awards
someone do BW dips so i know what i need to beat lol.....how much does everyone think they can do?
somewhere between 35 and 50 is what ive hit before depending on whether its early or late in the workout

DkGreek

DkGreek

Awards
  • Established
It is updated in the second post. 180lbs, only a couple of lbs short of bodyweight- very impressive.
Alright that is my goal. I think I can get it.

evandem27

evandem27

Awards
I've done 50 but that was 25lbs ago!! I'm going to give it a try Thursday? When the gym is closing

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It definitely should!!

evandem27

evandem27

Awards
Let's go guys!! Idk what ima do with all this money!!!! Anabeta and Erase for a YEAR!!!

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Let's go guys!! Idk what ima do with all this money!!!! Anabeta and Erase for a YEAR!!!
If it gets towards the end and you are winning the pull up challenge I am going to throw my name into the hat for some friendly competition. :)

I don't think I will be able to get my dips there in time though.

evandem27

evandem27

Awards
If it gets towards the end and you are winning the pull up challenge I am going to throw my name into the hat for some friendly competition. :)

I don't think I will be able to get my dips there in time though.
Bring it baby! :D

cham

cham

Awards
Dips and pull-ups? I was expecting bench, squat, and deadlift oh well
Me too.

I wanted to see this contest instead:

225 bench for reps
315 bench for reps
405 bench for reps
405 squat for reps
405 deadlift for reps
500 deadlfit for reps

evandem27

evandem27

Awards
Me too.

225 bench for reps
315 bench for reps
405 bench for reps
405 squat for reps
405 deadlift for reps
500 deadlfit for reps
Yeah but whoever won the 405 reps obv is gonna win the other 2! Idk bout dead lifts though

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
We needed a strength contest where the division between natural and assisted guys was as close as possible. Absolute strength tests like the ones you proposed would make that margin wider in most cases.

This competition testing relative strength is a fairer way to do it without needing several categories for weight class and a further sub category for natural or assisted.

So, onwards with the competition. :)

owlicks

owlicks

Awards
Me too.

225 bench for reps
315 bench for reps
405 bench for reps
405 squat for reps
405 deadlift for reps
500 deadlfit for reps
Ha, I would be VERY surprised if more than a very small handful of people here could bench 405 for reps...

DkGreek

DkGreek

Awards
  • Established
We needed a strength contest where the division between natural and assisted guys was as close as possible. Absolute strength tests like the ones you proposed would make that margin wider in most cases.

This competition testing relative strength is a fairer way to do it without needing several categories for weight class and a further sub category for natural or assisted.

So, onwards with the competition. :)
I'm going to try to the dips one in a few days... Or maybe today if my elbows are ok!

DkGreek

DkGreek

Awards
  • Established
Oh hai oh hai 185 dips.

[video=youtube_share;chO6zhqbf80]http://youtu.be/chO6zhqbf80[/video]

Lol it's funny at the end.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh hai oh hai 185 dips.

[video=youtube_share;chO6zhqbf80]http://youtu.be/chO6zhqbf80[/video]

Lol it's funny at the end.
Nice! Keep it up & you'll have 5 reps soon!

DkGreek

DkGreek

Awards
  • Established
Is 5 reps the requirement? Damn.

DkGreek

DkGreek

Awards
  • Established
:p looks like that drained you out, I was pretty much the same after mine!! Hell 180+ lbs is rough!! Nice reps man
Thank you sir! I love the comraderie and motivation in this thread.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yea, u got time man, just focus on it and ull be busting them out in no time! either way thats damn impressive

DkGreek

DkGreek

Awards
  • Established
yea, u got time man, just focus on it and ull be busting them out in no time! either way thats damn impressive
Or what if I just do BW plus 225 for a single??? :D

DkGreek

DkGreek

Awards
  • Established
No not even that, you've got him beat because you weigh less than him. The percentage is in your favor.
Unfortunately that is true.

I'll just go heavier.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
[video=youtube;GJ_GgYaPYQk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ_GgYaPYQk [/video]