natty t's trying to get back into football.

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
Solid stuff right there natty t- i'm in the same kind of the thing right now w/ my girl. except w/ the breaking up on valentines day thing. Sorry to here that, but I'm sure you'll be alright. You probably got a few lined up just waiting to get w/ you huh? Just keep doing what you got to do and everything will work out how it's suppose to.
thanks man.

it's all good. I think i'm gonna take a girl break for awhile while i fix my body.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
less than a month ago we were engaged. she was older, 23, and we had plans to get married, she'd help me pay for college, we'd start building a family when i started grad school...stuff like that. She broke up with me at 4 a.m. valentines morning, after i spent all night up worried sick about her because i couldn't get a hold of her she had been supposed to call me at 11. (she went to 6th street in austin, tx, which is basically one of the biggest party streets in america)

it was more depressing than anything. she's the only person i've let myself get close to since my freshman year in highschool.

I'm back to being alone, which is very much the way i like it.
Damn, bro. Sorry to hear that. February is still fresh enough to get extremely agitated by seeing her, no doubt. Relational hardships can be overwhelming. I've had a couple, and each one worse then the previous, which was a bit maddening and cumulatively depressing, but it will all work out as long as you don't permanently close in.

To put things in a tough love perspective, better to have had this happen now, where the cut is clean, then 5 years into a marriage where property, financies and potential children are intertwined. That's more like a slow & messy tearing away, then a clean cut.

Stay up, bro, and try to stay away from destructive behavior. I've ingested my fair share of reality anaesthetics, and those were some wasted years.

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
Damn, bro. Sorry to hear that. February is still fresh enough to get extremely agitated by seeing her, no doubt. Relational hardships can be overwhelming. I've had a couple, and each one worse then the previous, which was a bit maddening and cumulatively depressing, but it will all work out as long as you don't permanently close in.

To put things in a tough love perspective, better to have had this happen now, where the cut is clean, then 5 years into a marriage where property, financies and potential children are intertwined. That's more like a slow & messy tearing away, then a clean cut.

Stay up, bro, and try to stay away from destructive behavior. I've ingested my fair share of reality anaesthetics, and those were some wasted years.
yea man that is one thing i'm happy about. atleast we didn't have the family started and everything.

honestly dude, there was a hot chick lifting weights last night in the weight room and if i didn't spend so much time making fun of guys for hitting on girls while they work out i would have asked her for a spot...

could that have been some of my motivation ;)

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
well i did legs today. (i've not really been following my laid out plan =/ )

squats-2 sets of 8 with 225 regular and 2 sets of 8 bench squats.
RDL's- 2 sets of 14 with 135
lying leg curls- 4 sets of 8 with 85
bench step ups- 3 sets of 10 on each leg with 35's in hand.

did abs then headed home.

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
I felt good today, started out strong then went flat near the end. I've not got my stamina built up yet. =/

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
How did those box squats feel? I haven't done some of those in ages, but they used to be very fun.

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
I love em. When I'm stationary on the bench I envision myself in the three point and when i fire off the snap i fire off the bench.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Nah man I played at Oakridge. That's cool man I had a friend who went to n.d. state too but he got too cold and came back.

welcome to the log fellow texas brother :)
Don't Mess With Texas! ;) lol

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
I've got three schools I'd like to play for right now.
Texas A&m would be the dream school
Texas State
University of North Dakota (all my family is from there, i just got luck enough to be the only one born in Texas)
I go to A&M and have a few friends who play on the team. It shouldn't be too hard if you perform well

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
I go to A&M and have a few friends who play on the team. It shouldn't be too hard if you perform well
really man?

that's awesome. yeah...i'm really hoping to atleast back up at full back. few people i've met love blocking people as much as i do. i'm just not big enough for o line

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
just placed my supplement order.

should be here in a few days :)

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
--stole this idea from texaslifter. this is the song that i always start out with when i'm squatting.

okay did back today. (i've not been following my outline at all :()

Dead Lifts-5 sets of 5 with the following weights in descending order. 285, 275, 265, 245, 235. it's a 10 pound improvement from last week. I've been getting these intense lower back pumps.
Close Grip T-bar rows- 4 sets of 10 with 90 pounds + whatever the sled weighs
Wide Grip T-Bar Rows-2 Sets of 15 with 45 pounds + whatever the sled weighs
Straight Bar Curls- 3 sets of 10 with 95 lbs. I decided i'm going to do curls every other back day.

I didn't get in untill 8:30 and they kicked me out at 9 so that's all I got done today. I guess I should mention every rep of every set I do is a "negative"...I didn't really know it had a name but anyway i try to explode the weight up and as it's going down i try to count to atleast 5 before it's down...it's what our football coaches made us do...is this okay vol??

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
off to bed...gonna see if i can't break this cycle of insomnia

BeBig

BeBig

Awards
  • Established
Subbed bro I will have to read an catch up later.....:type:

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
Nice workout, bro. I did deads today too, and now I'm ready for bed myself. LOL.

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
Nice workout, bro. I did deads today too, and now I'm ready for bed myself. LOL.
the whole bed thing didn't really work out...now i'm trying to relax on here lol

jsheely

jsheely

Awards
  • Established
the whole bed thing didn't really work out...now i'm trying to relax on here lol
Tell me about it man... I ordered some Somnidren GH, hoping that might put me out and help gains. In the mean time I just stay up and read forums hours on end. lol

Your progress looks good. Keep it up!

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
Tell me about it man... I ordered some Somnidren GH, hoping that might put me out and help gains. In the mean time I just stay up and read forums hours on end. lol

Your progress looks good. Keep it up!
thanks man.

yeah...i actually ordered nocturnabol and gaba.

hopefully that'll put me out.

welcome aboard :)

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
it is 2:46 am....

not even tired...

i cannot wait for my nocturnabol to get here.

BeBig

BeBig

Awards
  • Established
Alright man log looks good I'm all caught up now....I need to go to bed gotta get up an take the boys to school...Hey man sorry bout the girl situation but dont let that get you down just keep smashin weights... Also hit my log up if you want... its in my sig....Later BeBig:18:

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
finally got to bed around 5. got up at 8. i should have just stayed up.

i'm exhausted right now. hopefully it helps tonight.

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
texas state is an all walk on team isnt it?
no sir.

it's got a lot of guys who went to bigger schools and transferred down for playing time.

but it's d1 aa school i think. (i'm pretty sure but i'll have to check)

you don't get all walk on untill d3 (they're not allowed to give scholarships)

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
ok ok sorry i was thinking of sam houston =)
sam gives scholarships too....

here's a list of the walk on schools in texas-
* Austin College (Sherman)
* Concordia University Texas (Austin)
* University of Dallas (Irving)
* East Texas Baptist University (Marshall)
* Hardin-Simmons University (Abilene)
* Howard Payne University (Brownwood)
* LeTourneau University (Longview)
* University of Mary Hardin-Baylor (Belton)
* McMurry University (Abilene)
* Schreiner University (Kerrville)
* Southwestern University (Georgetown)
* Sul Ross State University (Alpine)
* Texas Lutheran University (Seguin)
* Trinity University (San Antonio)
* University of Texas at Dallas (Dallas)
* University of Texas at Tyler (Tyler)

qwick

Awards
damn my buddy goes to sam and i coulda sworn he said most (if not all) are walk ons :shrug:

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
damn my buddy goes to sam and i coulda sworn he said most (if not all) are walk ons :shrug:
they might be, but sam does have the ability to give out scholarships.

if they choose not to...that's their problem.

Liquid13

Liquid13

Awards
  • Established
no sir.

it's got a lot of guys who went to bigger schools and transferred down for playing time.

but it's d1 aa school i think. (i'm pretty sure but i'll have to check)

you don't get all walk on untill d3 (they're not allowed to give scholarships)
How competative is d3? I've always wanted to play, but I have no experience. I've got some decent speed and bench is up to 230. If I train for a year and put on more size, is d3 at all in reach for someone w/o experience like me? Sorry for the dumb questions, I have always wished my parents put me in football rather than soccer when I was younger.

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
How competative is d3? I've always wanted to play, but I have no experience. I've got some decent speed and bench is up to 230. If I train for a year and put on more size, is d3 at all in reach for someone w/o experience like me? Sorry for the dumb questions, I have always wished my parents put me in football rather than soccer when I was younger.
you're lucky they put you in soccer. most of us who started football early early will probably be in a wheel chair by the time we're 75.
I'll probably have dementia by the time i'm 65 with all my concussions.

anyway, I know about 12 guys that i played ball with that are on d3 teams now, and they were second and third stringers in highschool..

if you want to do it go for it man.

Liquid13

Liquid13

Awards
  • Established
you're lucky they put you in soccer. most of us who started football early early will probably be in a wheel chair by the time we're 75.
I'll probably have dementia by the time i'm 65 with all my concussions.

anyway, I know about 12 guys that i played ball with that are on d3 teams now, and they were second and third stringers in highschool..

if you want to do it go for it man.
How do you think a school would incorporate someone without experience? Would I be the joke on the team or yelled at constantly during practice lol? I guess I'm trying to ask, how would I learn; observing practices, coaches teaching me? I know I'm asking questions that are very broad, just trying to gather as much as I can. Also, I can switch to pm if you want, I am not intending to hijack this thread.

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
How do you think a school would incorporate someone without experience? Would I be the joke on the team or yelled at constantly during practice lol? I guess I'm trying to ask, how would I learn; observing practices, coaches teaching me? I know I'm asking questions that are very broad, just trying to gather as much as I can. Also, I can switch to pm if you want, I am not intending to hijack this thread.
haha dude i don't care but i'll p.m. you anway just to so i get a notice when you pm back

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
sam gives scholarships too....

here's a list of the walk on schools in texas-
* Austin College (Sherman)
* Concordia University Texas (Austin)
* University of Dallas (Irving)
* East Texas Baptist University (Marshall)
* Hardin-Simmons University (Abilene)
* Howard Payne University (Brownwood)
* LeTourneau University (Longview)
* University of Mary Hardin-Baylor (Belton)
* McMurry University (Abilene)
* Schreiner University (Kerrville)
* Southwestern University (Georgetown)
* Sul Ross State University (Alpine)
* Texas Lutheran University (Seguin)
* Trinity University (San Antonio)
* University of Texas at Dallas (Dallas)
* University of Texas at Tyler (Tyler)

I used to get letters from all of these schools bball coaches, but I didn't even really consider it because I would have had to pay. Like pay and have student loan to pay back just do continue just to play some basketbll - no thanks.

yeah I think sam houstons football program is decent, not as good as Texas state though. Didn't that qb that got kicked out of OU (i think it is Bomar??) transferred to Sam, I think.

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
I used to get letters from all of these schools bball coaches, but I didn't even really consider it because I would have had to pay. Like pay and have student loan to pay back just do continue just to play some basketbll - no thanks.

yeah I think sam houstons football program is decent, not as good as Texas state though. Didn't that qb that got kicked out of OU (i think it is Bomar??) transferred to Sam, I think.
yeah he's in the draft this year.

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Wonder if he will get picked?

So are you going to be doing any sprinting stuff now, or you gonna wait for a little bit?

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
Wonder if he will get picked?

So are you going to be doing any sprinting stuff now, or you gonna wait for a little bit?
he's projected as a 2nd-3rd rounder.

yeah i'm doing sprints and long jumps and frog jumps and bleachers....

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
I believe I will sleep well tonight.

i'm at work right now and i really just want to go to sleep...

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
off to the sleeping side of life.

i'm tired. a good hot shower is going to just put me to sleep. I'm hoping this will help blast me back onto a regular schedule.

jsheely

jsheely

Awards
  • Established
Good luck man. Sleep = Growth. It's probably the hardest part for me. It's kind of ironic, at least for me, that the easiest part about building muscle is the actual working out, and the hardest parts are nutrition and rest.

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
Good luck man. Sleep = Growth. It's probably the hardest part for me. It's kind of ironic, at least for me, that the easiest part about building muscle is the actual working out, and the hardest parts are nutrition and rest.

nutrition i like to think i'm good with. i try very hard to apply what i know to my diet.

rest is the hardest part for me but i'm trying really hard right now to fix that.

BeBig

BeBig

Awards
  • Established
Agreed^^^^Its hard to get nutrition and rest down, but I try pretty hard... :rant: :rippedhand:

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Nothing like getting a hot shower just before bed.... aw the memories...

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
alright :)

I slept like a freakin baby last night.

woke up this morning and got to the gym for a chest day.

bench-185 for 2 sets of 6 reps. this is an improvement over last week when i felt like i was going to die diong 185 for just 5 reps.
dropped down to 165 for 2 sets of 10
incline bench-115 for 4 sets of 10
machine flyes-100 for 4 sets of 8
side raises-4 sets of 8 with 25's
front raises 4 sets of 8 with 25's
bent over side raises (trying to hit rear delt) 3 sets of 10 with 25's
shrugs 225 for 4 sets of 10

I was energized throughout my whole workout. not like stim energized i just had a good sweat going. had the best pump i've had since returning. sitting in speech class now downing roast and green beans and a "carb" shake, just milk with flax, 2 bananas, and a full cup of raw oats.

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Nice workout bro, glad to here you slept like a little baby last night, lets make it two nights in a row!