Myprotein Whey Flavors

Status
Not open for further replies.
LLN

LLN

Awards
  • Established
Next on my list is PB cookie and Cin Roll.
In for PB cookie and Cin Roll reviews.

I like the Vanilla and the Chocolate Smooth. The raspberry is good if you like fruit flavors, but it's flavor is actually pretty strong. The lemon cheesecake is awful though. I don't see the point in mixing it with something like select, because if you are trying to save money well then that kind of defeats the purpose.
Is Choc Smooth just plain chocolate? Why is lemon cheesecake so bad btw? A fella above seemed to like it.

Maple pecan liked it a lot, its like chocolate with slight coffee

Lemon cheesecake it tastes as the name, very good

Stracciatella liked a lot, its like an icecream

Sticky tofffee its like stracciatella but milder
Stracciatella should be something like vanilla + chocolate, while sticky toffee should have more of a caramel taste no? Interesting that a chocolate taste dominates in the pecan as well.

What are your top 2 flavors?

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Is Choc Smooth just plain chocolate? Why is lemon cheesecake so bad btw? A fella above seemed to like it.

Stracciatella should be something like vanilla + chocolate, while sticky toffee should have more of a caramel taste no? Interesting that a chocolate taste dominates in the pecan as well.

Double chocolate > chocolate smooth, IMO.

Double chocolate is richer and tastes almost like a milkshake or malt minus the frozen part.

I honestly can't put a word on sticky toffee. It was good, but subtle. Hard to describe.

Lemon cheesecake just sounds gross to me. Why would ruin a cheesecake with lemon

Reactions: LLN
T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Taste is relative to the taster. I think it tastes of chemicals. I have a 5.5 pound bag of it I'm still tryin to get through. If I drink it down fast I may get through it by Spring. Yeah the Chocolate Smooth is just plain chocolate but I think it's a good tasting chocolate and think that when ordering protein you should stick with the basic flavors, especially if it's your first time trying out a new company. I mean if you get something exotic and get 5.5 pounds like I did, you are pretty much stuck with it.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
That did seem a little harsh lol but yeah I tried PES Snickerdoodle and was not a fan at all. I'd still like to try the others at some point.
Give PES Blondie a shot the next time you see a sale. Snickerdoodle is my least favorite PES flavor. PES flavoring is over hyped, but they are all very good IMO.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Give PES Blondie a shot the next time you see a sale. Snickerdoodle is my least favorite PES flavor. PES flavoring is over hyped, but they are all very good IMO.
I couldn't stand the texture was my main problem. The gritty part made it hard to drink. I liked it for pancakes though.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I wasn't hostile at all. I said the flavors are overrated and this board is overrun by rep and people who are obsessed with certain brands, regardless of what they put out. Same thing you see with Apple products. Theyre blinded by fanboy fervor as opposed to objective standards.

I never even said they aren't good products, just not nearly the amazing flavor claims that are so commonly repeated. Cellucor, bodynutrition, animal whey, and MTS all have better flavoring.

I'm not talking about quality, which you apparently didn't understand. It was solely flavoring.
I'm with you on Select. I think it's a great protein for the profile but I never understood why everyone was so crazy over the flavoring. They were ok but nothing mind blowing. I have not tried snickerdoodle or the pb cup flavors though

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I couldn't stand the texture was my main problem. The gritty part made it hard to drink. I liked it for pancakes though.
Snickerdoodle is my go to for a baking protein. As a shake though it is only ok for me.

Carminb1

Carminb1

Awards
My opinion on the MyProtein flavors I've tried...

Apple Crumble & Custard- unique and good. Best used in overnight oats with cinnamon imo.

Cookies & Cream- one of my favorite, not overly sweet.

Chocolate mint- good, mint very strong for me but didn't have an issue with it.

Lemon Cheesecake- looked forward to using this in overnight oats. Strong after taste and not tolerable for me with strsugt water.

Rocky Road- loved the taste and texture of it. Tasted great w/ just water.

Strawberry Jam Roly Poly- little under flavored imo so I just used it with less liqued then usual.

Cinnamon Roll- if you ever tried the Dymatize version of this it was great. But this is better and not as sweet which I enjoyed.

Reactions: LLN
ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, I am looking forward to trying the Myprotein Mocha and the Cinnamon roll.

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established

Right stracciatella is a mix of them, with ice milk in summer is delicious. I cant recall the caramel taste in toffee but I remember thinking that its almost like stracciatella but not that good. Pecan and stracciatella are my top, although I have 5 more flavors on the self!

LLN

LLN

Awards
  • Established
Taste is relative to the taster. I think it tastes of chemicals. I have a 5.5 pound bag of it I'm still tryin to get through. If I drink it down fast I may get through it by Spring. Yeah the Chocolate Smooth is just plain chocolate but I think it's a good tasting chocolate and think that when ordering protein you should stick with the basic flavors, especially if it's your first time trying out a new company. I mean if you get something exotic and get 5.5 pounds like I did, you are pretty much stuck with it.
I hear you on that. I was curious because I've enjoyed XF Lemon Cream Pie.

My opinion on the MyProtein flavors I've tried...
What do these flavors taste like though (different components)?

Right stracciatella is a mix of them, with ice milk in summer is delicious. I cant recall the caramel taste in toffee but I remember thinking that its almost like stracciatella but not that good. Pecan and stracciatella are my top, although I have 5 more flavors on the self!
Good stuff. I'd be interested in your feedback on those other 5 when you get to them.

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established
I hear you on that. I was curious because I've enjoyed XF Lemon Cream Pie.

What do these flavors taste like though (different components)?

Good stuff. I'd be interested in your feedback on those other 5 when you get to them.
I will post here when I open a bag

SXIPro

SXIPro

Awards
  • Established
Tried a few samples. Snickerdoodle was ok the first sip, but after that, forget it...cloyingly sweet. Blondie was much better tasting in my opinion. Mixability sucked and every flavor I tried was really gritty feeling. I am glad I ordered the samples though, as it saves me from wasting my money on something I'd have to gag down. I will stick with ON for now.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tried a few samples. Snickerdoodle was ok the first sip, but after that, forget it...cloyingly sweet. Blondie was much better tasting in my opinion. Mixability sucked and every flavor I tried was really gritty feeling. I am glad I ordered the samples though, as it saves me from wasting my money on something I'd have to gag down. I will stick with ON for now.
Mine has also mixed perfectly.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I got mine in today. Mocha tastes pretty good. I think it can taste just like an iced coffee if I can get the right ratios. One of my favorite proteins I've had in a while. The bag doesn't close back up as well as I'd like.

It mixed fine the first time with just water, but the second time I used some milk and there was some clumps of powder in it. The clumps still tasted good, it just made it a little difficult to drink. I could have just not shaken it enough.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Got my chocolate Carmel in. I'm sold! Mixes well and tastes great. Made cookies with it too and those were also tasty

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I got mine in today. Mocha tastes pretty good. I think it can taste just like an iced coffee if I can get the right ratios. One of my favorite proteins I've had in a while. The bag doesn't close back up as well as I'd like.

It mixed fine the first time with just water, but the second time I used some milk and there was some clumps of powder in it. The clumps still tasted good, it just made it a little difficult to drink. I could have just not shaken it enough.
The bags are why I'm always looking for protein tubs.
I finally got mine to close well (be careful when opening them), but they're obnoxiously loud

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The bags are why I'm always looking for protein tubs.
I finally got mine to close well (be careful when opening them), but they're obnoxiously loud
You just have to be careful how you open it so you have enough room to grab a hold of the bag. In other words, when opening try to leave at least an inch or more between the zip lock and the edge of the bag that you cut. Use scissors next time, it makes it easier.

crewchief182

crewchief182

Awards
I personally love their products. Have tried their protein, instant oats and BCAA. Very impressed with quality, pricing and ship times. Nice to have a company like this for people like us.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You just have to be careful how you open it so you have enough room to grab a hold of the bag. In other words, when opening try to leave at least an inch or more between the zip lock and the edge of the bag that you cut. Use scissors next time, it makes it easier.
Yep. It took me about 4 bags to figure it out. I was using giant bag clips before haha.
crewchief182 their oats are a staple. Beta alanine and BCAA are good too. Their BCAA mix surprisingly well. Haven't tried any of their flavored though. If their multi was cheaper I'd pull the trigger but it doesn't beat out OT.

I hope they eventually get their high protein food To the US.

rpm57

rpm57

Awards
Got my chocolate Carmel in. I'm sold! Mixes well and tastes great. Made cookies with it too and those were also tasty
Chocolate Caramel is my FAV! However only tried that and vanilla raspberry, which was pretty good as well especially in oatmeal and in the ice cream maker!

Yesterday got 5.5 lb for 30$ shipped! Love the deals

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Chocolate Caramel is my FAV! However only tried that and vanilla raspberry, which was pretty good as well especially in oatmeal and in the ice cream maker!

Picked up a 5.5 of the chocolate caramel yesterday as well, glad to hear you liked the flavor. I haven't tried this flavor yet

SXIPro

SXIPro

Awards
  • Established

Was that price for Select or MyoProtein?

SXIPro

SXIPro

Awards
  • Established
PES has their Insider Sale going right now on their new Vanilla Select, its a great deal. MyProtein always has sales too
Thanks. Now I gotta figure out how to land that price. I logged in using my Insider account, but no dice on a nice price. Never ordered from them before.

SXIPro

SXIPro

Awards
  • Established

Is that the largest tub (55 servings)? Even with the insider link it is coming up as $39.99 before shipping for me. :angryfire:

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Is that the largest tub (55 servings)? Even with the insider link it is coming up as $39.99 before shipping for me. :angryfire:
You are confused my man. He is referring to myprotein, not PES. Two different brands, two different products.

SXIPro

SXIPro

Awards
  • Established
You are confused my man. He is referring to myprotein, not PES. Two different brands, two different products.
When you replied to me in post 75 you mentioned the PES Insider deal when I asked where the $30 shipped came from. :hammer:

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
When you replied to me in post 75 you mentioned the PES Insider deal when I asked where the $30 shipped came from. :hammer:
My bad! Edited! I read it too quick and misunderstood the question. My apologies

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Either way, the 2.2 lb bag of MyProtein is 40 scoops of 20g. I'm not sure how many scoops the 5.5lb bag is, but I believe its 100. Don't forget to factor that in.
LLN haven't tried Peanut Cookie. Its next on my list. I have about 10 lbs to burn through before I can jump on something else though lol

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Either way, the 2.2 lb bag of MyProtein is 40 scoops of 20g. I'm not sure how many scoops the 5.5lb bag is, but I believe its 100. Don't forget to factor that in.
LLN haven't tried Peanut Cookie. Its next on my list. I have about 10 lbs to burn through before I can jump on something else though lol
Also don't forget that the scoops are smaller and ahve less protein that most... almost 1/3 less than many. If I used 2 scoops normally I use 3 of myprotein

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Also don't forget that the scoops are smaller and ahve less protein that most... almost 1/3 less than many. If I used 2 scoops normally I use 3 of myprotein
Not necessarily. One scoop of MyProtein has 20g of protein. One scoop of Select has what 22 or 24. One scoop of Syntha-6 still has ~20g of protein, but its a 900g scoop to get that 20g.

MyProtein has 20g of protein in a ~25g scoop. A 2.2lb bag has 40 scoops of 20g protein. A 5.5 lb bag has 100 scoops of 20g protein each.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Not necessarily. One scoop of MyProtein has 20g of protein. One scoop of Select has what 22 or 24. One scoop of Syntha-6 still has ~20g of protein, but its a 900g scoop to get that 20g.

MyProtein has 20g of protein in a ~25g scoop. A 2.2lb bag has 40 scoops of 20g protein. A 5.5 lb bag has 100 scoops of 20g protein each.
You're right. Just looked it up and mine has 19g per 25g scoop. I was mistaken based on cals.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Just tried Myprotein Mocha flavor and it's pretty good. It really taste like an iced coffee.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Just tried Myprotein Mocha flavor and it's pretty good. It really taste like an iced coffee.
I really like it too. I put my most recent shake in just water and ice.. perfect.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lol I was trying to tell someone about how my pee smelled liked it, except I kept saying, "My pee tastes like Mocha!"
The Latte does it to me too.
Double chocolate and vanilla don't. I'm not sure what it is.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
The Latte does it to me too.
Double chocolate and vanilla don't. I'm not sure what it is.
How does the latte taste? How does it compare to their mocha? My next order will be either their Peanut cookie or cinnamon roll. Have you tried either of those yet?

uubiduu

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

lemon ck is imo one of the best flavors they have!

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
These prices seem too good to be true. I got 6.6 lbs shipped for $38.00. Strawberry roly, raspberry, and vanilla. The strawberry is $12.00 for 2.2lbs right now, and with thr code over $30, it goes down to like $7.50

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established
These prices seem too good to be true. I got 6.6 lbs shipped for $38.00. Strawberry roly, raspberry, and vanilla. The strawberry is $12.00 for 2.2lbs right now, and with thr code over $30, it goes down to like $7.50
Wow these prices are crazy low compared to prices in Europe!! Obviously myprotein tries to compete brands in the USA.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I didn't see it that low!

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've never seen that low.... But if so I guess I'll be buying more protein even though I have plenty.

ELROCK I haven't tried the mocha yet. But the Cinnamon and Peanut are next on my list. If I can get the prices above though, I'll be ordering meow.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I've never seen that low.... But if so I guess I'll be buying more protein even though I have plenty.

ELROCK I haven't tried the mocha yet. But the Cinnamon and Peanut are next on my list. If I can get the prices above though, I'll be ordering meow.
The prices vary per flavor, but let us know what your total comes to. I don't need more protein either, but I'm always up for buying more if the price is right :)

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes, it's by flavor. After the coupon code it was $7.25, $10, and $16 for strawberry, raspberry and vanilla. I tried to post the screen shot but it's too large. They also give the surprise options, where 5 lbs are under $25-30

Status
Not open for further replies.