Myprotein Whey Flavors

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewski48

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah I open two at a time typically just in case one is horrible and another is decent so I can mix them. Both blueberry and pineapple are extremely chemically tasting mostly in the aftertaste. Given the only real fruit flavored protein I have had for comparison is XF Arctic Lemonade which is a high standard to live up to.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh might not have missed anything... iirc the last few reviews I saw were awful... terms like chemical, fake, etc were all thrown around
Ya and I saw some saying that as well, lol...just wanted to try it for myself since taste is so subjective...case in point, using the rocky road, above someone says it has almost a fruity taste and thinks it's horrible...I think it's ok, choc variant with subtle marshmallow cream flavor. Wouldn't buy it again but I don't hate it and have no problem getting it down.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Ya and I saw some saying that as well, lol...just wanted to try it for myself since taste is so subjective...case in point, using the rocky road, above someone says it has almost a fruity taste and thinks it's horrible...I think it's ok, choc variant with subtle marshmallow cream flavor. Wouldn't buy it again but I don't hate it and have no problem getting it down.
Agreed. Most of their flavorings are on the "light" side which leaves a lot of room for interpretation depending how much water/scoop people use.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I bought another big bag of Mocha cause it's probably my favorite protein so far.

Salted caramel for me is very sweet but no salt like you guys said.

The diet whey vanilla cookie smells like fish food but the taste is okay.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I just brought out a bag of peanut cookie ive had for awhile. heard a lot of mixed reviews on it (surprise surprise)...

Still ahve rhubarb and custard and pecan pie in the stash.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I just brought out a bag of peanut cookie ive had for awhile. heard a lot of mixed reviews on it (surprise surprise)...

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

Peanut cookie is not good solo, but when combined with some sort of chocolate it is decent. I know you have loads of already opened flavors laying around so you won't have any issues with it.

SilentSavage0523

Awards
  • Established
How many servings in the 2.2 lb bag.

Hemavol

Awards
Chocolate Coconut
Taste: 2/5
Consistency: 4/5
Price: 5/5
Miscibility: 5/5
Overall: 3/5

I was anticipating to taste Chocolate coconut flavor, but it was a big disappointment. I do not really find the chocolate taste from it, it is just really overpowered by the coconut. This would be quite nice / ok flavor, but there is this weird aftertaste on it.

Wont order again.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Chocolate Coconut
Taste: 2/5
Overall: 3/5

I was anticipating to taste Chocolate coconut flavor, but it was a big disappointment. I do not really find the chocolate taste from it, it is just really overpowered by the coconut. This would be quite nice / ok flavor, but there is this weird aftertaste on it.

Wont order again.
I wasn't a fan of the Chocolate Coconut either. Very weak flavor for both chocolate and coconut. I struggled to get through my 5.5lb bag haha

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Of the flavors I've tried so far, thinking like 4 or 5, cinnamon roll had been the best flavor. Not as light as the others, very pronounced. I have white candy cane on the way.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Of the flavors I've tried so far, thinking like 4 or 5, cinnamon roll had been the best flavor. Not as light as the others, very pronounced. I have white candy cane on the way.
Thanks for the update. I have yet to try the cinnamon roll, but now I'll probably have to give it a try. Salted caramel still stands as my favorite to date

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the update. I have yet to try the cinnamon roll, but now I'll probably have to give it a try. Salted caramel still stands as my favorite to date
Salted caramel would be my second fav, fwiw

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
White candy cane, was really hoping for a shamrock shake style mint but it actually is candy cane-ish. Decent but probably not one I'd order again. But with all things flavor, ymmv.

Hemavol

Awards
Stracciatella
Taste: 4/5
Overall: 4/5

Stracciatella is one of those Myprotein flavors where you just cannot go wrong. Tastes like ice cream with chocolate flakes, really good. Keep in mind that I do not give 5/5 for flavor easily..

It is really hard to put the best flavors I've tried in particular order, but here is what I would recommend:
Chocolate Caramel (this is definitely top1 for me, hands down)
Choco Cereal
Chocolate Brownie
Salted Caramel
Stracciatella

I wont recommend:
Coconut Chocolate
Chocolate Peanut
Smooth Chocolate (I know this flavor is topped by many people but I did not like it.. there is a lot better ones around).

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the cinnamon bun recommendation.... officially my new favorite flavor. It tastes like cinnamon toast crunch! Definitely a much more flavorful taste than most of their other flavors. Thanks again bro

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Stracciatella

Stracciatella is one of those Myprotein flavors where you just cannot go wrong. Tastes like ice cream with chocolate flakes, really good. Keep in mind that I do not give 5/5 for flavor easily..

It is really hard to put the best flavors I've tried in particular order, but here is what I would recommend:
Chocolate Caramel (this is definitely top1 for me, hands down)
Choco Cereal
Chocolate Brownie
Salted Caramel
Stracciatella

I wont recommend:
Coconut Chocolate
Chocolate Peanut
Smooth Chocolate (I know this flavor is topped by many people but I did not like it.. there is a lot better ones around).
Thanks for the cinnamon bun recommendation.... officially my new favorite flavor. It tastes like cinnamon toast crunch! Definitely a much more flavorful taste than most of their other flavors. Thanks again bro
Thanks for the recommendations! I have some of their regular chocolate protein, and it's not bad, but sort of light, but since it's such a good price I just picked up 5.5lbs of the cinnamon bun and 2.2lbs of the salted caramel. It's such a good price. I use 1.5 scoops (30g protein), and it still came out to be like $0.66 per serving (that's including shipping) and it came with a free shaker bottle.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No problem man! They really did up the bar on their flavor game with that one :)
I have some Vanilla and Cookies n Cream headed to me now to try out.

Hemavol

Awards
Cinnamon Danish

Cinnamon danish is one of those Myprotein flavors which is on point. Tastes like cinnamon bun, really good. Also one of those flavors that I use also for cooking (oats, salt, cinnamon + cinnamon danish = perfect breakfast).

I've also purchased following flavors: Chocolate Banana, Neapolitan, Jam roly-poly, Chocolate Mint... so stay tuned for these.

Chocolate Caramel (this is definitely best out of these for me, hands down)
Choco Cereal
Chocolate Brownie
Salted Caramel
Cinnamon Danish
Stracciatella

I wont recommend:
Coconut Chocolate
Chocolate Peanut

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Broke into the rhubarb and custard last night... very impressed. As with most of these, its not the strongest of flavors, but it truly nails the rhubarb flavor. Its not overly sweet or sour, and the custard is more of an afternote, but if you like rhubarb/pie, this is worth a pickup if for no reason other than its unique, and tastes like real rhubarb.

Eight

Eight

Awards
Just switched to MyProtein Impact Whey after mostly running "zero" carb brands.

Thought I'd join in with my thoughts on the flavours I've had so far.

Latte
Went through 1kg of this quite quickly because I enjoyed it more than real food. :)

White Chocolate (Sample)
Actually couldn't taste anything at all. I love white chocolate and I've had white chocolate protein powder from other (less acclaimed) companies and was really disappointed with this one.

Coffee Caramel (Sample)
Did not like. The caramel flavouring tasted weird to me, which is interesting because...

Salted Caramel (Sample)
Really enjoyed this one. A lot of people say that the flavour is a little weak, but I thought it was good. Ordered more.

I have Sticky Toffee Pudding and Peanut Cookie samples arriving today.

Hemavol

Awards
Neapolitan
Taste: 3/5

Neapolitan drops to the middleground for me, not bad but not special either. If you had ever eaten neapolitan ice-cream and have mixed the flavors together, this comes actually really close to that flavor. Only reason why this is not getting 4 for taste is the fact that the strawberry flavor is too strong and artificial. If they would fix this flavor or tone it down, it would be a killer.

Chocolate Mint

Again one of those flavors that people have hyped a lot in this thread and I gotta say that there is no question why.. This flavor is on top, only thing I would change is that I would tone down the minty part a little bit. It is overtaking too much in my opinion. But anyway this is a flavor that you can't go wrong with.

Chocolate Caramel (this is definitely best out of these for me, hands down)
Choco Cereal
Chocolate Brownie
Salted Caramel
Cinnamon Danish
Stracciatella
Chocolate Mint

Neutral:
Neapolitan

I wont recommend:
Coconut Chocolate
Chocolate Peanut

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
Chocolate mint is a million times my favorite, but I love chocolate mint anything.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Chocolate mint is a million times my favorite, but I love chocolate mint anything.
I found the Choc Mocha type and Choc Mint to be best, Rhubarb and Custard was also great when i tried it a few years back.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Gotta hurry but they are having some sort of flash sale for a few hours, I just got two 11 lbers for 99 dollars shipped. Code is flash20 but it's right on the site, you'll see it.
They run sales like this pretty regularly. Almost every month. Their prices are flat out unbeatable

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
I'm sorry if someone addressed this already, but I'm very close to buying Chocolate Mint and Cinnamon Danish, which are two flavors I love. However... I keep looking at the Pumpkin Pie flavor, which is my favorite kind of pie. It seems like a huge gamble... but can anyone speak for it?

Rebel1978

Awards
  • Established
I'm sorry if someone addressed this already, but I'm very close to buying Chocolate Mint and Cinnamon Danish, which are two flavors I love. However... I keep looking at the Pumpkin Pie flavor, which is my favorite kind of pie. It seems like a huge gamble... but can anyone speak for it?
I can tell you cinnamon roll is my fav flavor that I've tried. I haven't tried pumpkin pie, but I would think I'd get tired of that kind of flavor before I made it through 5 lbs.

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
I can tell you cinnamon roll is my fav flavor that I've tried. I haven't tried pumpkin pie, but I would think I'd get tired of that kind of flavor before I made it through 5 lbs.
Being someone who could positively live on pumpkin pie and Cool Whip, I just need to know if they nailed the flavor or not. Lol.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
is that flavour USA exclusive is doesn't show on UK site, no pumpkin pie there.

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
I'm not sure. It is on the USA site. I couldn't pull the trigger on the pumpkin pie as I was buying the 11 lb bags and I didn't want to be stuck with a huge bag of it. I went with cinnamon roll and strawberry cream this time around.

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, I found a pretty big flavor poll on reddit, and I can't see pumpkin pie. One guy said that it is not sweet enough, which is weird for Myprotein.

Anyways, I like Blueberry Cheesecake, Chocolate Banana, Chocolate Mint, Mocha, Latte

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I found a pretty big flavor poll on reddit, and I can't see pumpkin pie. One guy said that it is not sweet enough, which is weird for Myprotein.

Anyways, I like Blueberry Cheesecake, Chocolate Banana, Chocolate Mint, Mocha, Latte
If I saw blueberry cheesecake, I might have gone with that one. Just thinking about the sheer amount of flavors is giving me a tiny bit of anxiety!

Status
Not open for further replies.