My P/P/L Log

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
booneman77 ; haha thanks, yea the tatts are a work in progress but I do love them. i came up with the idea from doodling on my lecture pads :)
i managed to stay still during them lol, pain was intense but i am a tough cookie.

as good as i can get it for now

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
Why is it everyone has a GHR except me? That's not fair.
oh its the first time i have ever seen one!
Its a shame hardly anyone uses it however

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
oh its the first time i have ever seen one!
Its a shame hardly anyone uses it however
There's a gym by where I live that has that a reverse hyperextension, but I can't stand the owners and refuse to pay them a penny. Tattoo is looking quite nice as well .

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
Wow.... Fell for the old "show us your tats" line huh?!!
Oh... I mean, nice tattoos!!! I can't wait to get more as well. I've got about 45hrs worth of seat time

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
booneman77 ; haha thanks, yea the tatts are a work in progress but I do love them. i came up with the idea from doodling on my lecture pads :)
i managed to stay still during them lol, pain was intense but i am a tough cookie.

as good as i can get it for now
That's awesome! I always said if I get something it'll be my own design. I can't understand why you'd want something that not unique to you.

My biggest fear with getting s tat is addiction ha. I remember the feeling I had when I got my lip pierced and all I wanted was more

SilentSavage0523

Awards
  • Established
Very addicting

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
Very addicting
It is! thats why its always work in progress. like training i guess lol
But stay classy and avoid tramp stamps.

Definitely. As long as the funds are there.
I dont know if its exxy in US but i go to Viet/Thai to do them haha because its half the cost and they are so professional.

Wrivest; Nooo tricked again! i thought of that haha but too late already posted

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
Sat 6 June 2015: PULL A
Warmup: 5 min Elliptical, Box Jumps, Banded Reverse leg extensions on GHR
Deadlift: 5 (50), 5, 3, 2 @ 65kg
T-Bar Rows: 8, 8, 8, 8 @ 20kg Plate
Rear Delt Flyes (Machine): 15, 12, 10 @ 8kg setting
Lat Pulldowns (Machine): 18, 15, 12, 10 @ 30kg setting
Band Pull Aparts: 20, 20, 20 using Red Band

I wish I can get my deadlifts better. What i worked on in this session (trainer notes)
- toes up when i get to the barbell
- look up as soon as the bar leaves the floor
- squeeze the armpits together (imagine holding a pen inthere)
- squeeze hamstrings as I go UP, and the quads at the TOP
- shoulders on top of the bar always

well thats a lot to remember lol. I have to get over that uncomfortable feels of the lower back when I lift which makes my body go spazz and want to drop it.

Today (sunday), quick jog around the block in eskimo wear bc so frigging cold. Then playing tennis just for fun and movie night with the girls after! x

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
Toss up a vid of your DL... And careful with the "head up" cue. I prefer head neutral as that is the most natural position for a good breathing patter. Head up may give u fits

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Toss up a vid of your DL... And careful with the "head up" cue. I prefer head neutral as that is the most natural position for a good breathing patter. Head up may give u fits
This and head up can effect the neutrality of your spine.

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
Thanks guys I thought neutral head is better too. Looking up into the sky hurts my neck.

Mon 8 June 2015: PUSH B
Warmup: 1/2 Bodypump class, elevated pushups, Band pullaparts
Standing Barbell Overhead Press: 4, 3, 2, 6 (25kg), 10 (20kg) @ 30kg
One Arm Standing DB Press (Braced): 8, 8, 8 @ 8kg
Dumbbell Side Lateral Raise: 8, 8, 6 @ 5kg
Pallof Press: 15, 17, 15 @ 8kg
Overhead Dumbbell Extension: 10, 5, 4, 3 @ 5kg
Unilateral Press (Machine): 10, 10, 7 @ 20kg
Hanging Leg Crunches: 15, 17, 19 @ BW

Didnt make it home last night bc of reasons, just straight to work in morning for shower and change in the gym showers lmao. And a can of V before w/o.

I tried the one arm overhead press with DB and i LIKE this!
I am pressing with my right foot slightly in front of my left because I read this helps to be stable.

so here in Aus we're like in the middle of a cold snap atm. It is freezing! I like summer way better. I still go trailwalking though, and get to meet wildlife. Like cute little ball of fluff here :) look at him, running for his life haha

Update on WEIGHT: i put on nearly 1kg since I started this program. Its not going to my sides or thighs which are the spots i watch most. My side shots look best after doing cardio/sports actually. so I am very happy with this overall and will continue with the training.

Weight last month: 65.2kg average
Weight this month: 65.9kg
I think for my height i can get to 66.5 without looking fat, but still look like i lift.

Looking forwards to a good nights sleep! I am bloody tired lol

hope all is sweet in your world everyone x

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
What is that little critter ha? its awesome! Looks like a giant groundhog/mini bear

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
What is that little critter ha? its awesome! Looks like a giant groundhog/mini bear
haha i know! its a wombat. they don't usually come out because they are very shy :)

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
I have accidentally driven on to a wombat, and then reversed off and the little fella took off down the road. The wombat seemed fine and had dented the front of my car. There solid animals.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hmm what's this log all about?

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
haha that is correct!! cheers for visit tyga tyga

Tue 9 June 2015: PULL B
Warmup: Band pullaparts
Barbell Rows: 12 x 3 sets @ 30kg
Seated Rear Delt Rows (Plate): 12 x 2 sets @ 50kg, 12 @ 40kg
Front/Lat Pull Down (Plate): 12 x 2 sets @ 40kg, 12 @ 35kg
Cable One Arm Rear Delt Raise: 12 x 3 sets @ 3.75kg
Weighted Carries: 4 x 25 steps @ 65kg
DB Shrugs: 12 x 3 sets @ 17.5kg each side
Rear Delt Fly Machine (Lever): 12 x 3 sets @ 25kg
Incline DB Curls: 12 x 3 sets @ 5kg
Pullups: 8, 5, 4 @ 12kg assistance

It was a fun day at work. Heaps of people, great atmosphere, and I had lots of energy :)

Uh oh, my clothes are not buttoning up haha. mind you this was after eating 2 combat crunches b2b because they were so good and i couldn't help myself.

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
My routine for food is like this today and honestly it doesnt vary that much.

Water and lemon/lime as soon as I get up
BREAKFAST: banana, berries, nuts, coconut water protein shake (blender)
Coffee/mocha mid morning

Train during lunch hr
LUNCH (after w/o): poached eggs and chicken on rye with spinach and berries with yoghurt and green tea with fish oil tabs and multi
OR tuna salad with poached egg and spinach and mixed salads
Nuts and Green Apple mid afternoon

DINNER: Grilled Salmon with cauliflower puree and steamed broccoli. or teriyaki beef and stir fried vegies with steamed rice.
Chocolate 85% cocoa or sweets!!

I log everything into my fitnesspal so I know my kcal and macros are correct (well as close as i can get it lol). Essentially i just eat until i am full or just before. if i am under then extra choccy always helps :)

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
Wed 10 June 2015: PULL B
Warmup: Box Jumps, Banded Reverse leg extensions 3 sets

Barbell Squats:
5 (60kg), 8 (60kg), 8 (60kg), 8 (40kg), 10 (40kg), 20 (40kg)

DB Lunges:
12 (10kg x 2), 12 (10kg x 2), 12 (10kg x 2)

Standing Hamstring Curls (Plates):
10 (15kg), 12 (10kg), 12 (10kg)

Glute Ham Raises:
3 (BW 3 sec pause), 8 (BW 3 sec pause), 6 (BW 3 sec pause)

Ab Crunch Machine
12 (35kg), 12 (35kg), 12 (35kg)

Rower:
2:38 for 500m

GHR gave me cramps out of this world. It was all sudden and unexpected lol.
Still no abs to show :'(

BigRed1974

BigRed1974

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Abs and hamstrings are the worst when they cramp up.
Nice work!!

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The first time I ever did Russian Hamstring curls one leg cramped up so bad I couldn't walk for almost 15 minutes. They suck!

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
Thu 11 June 2015: PUSH A
Warmup: Band Pullaparts

Bench Press:
10 (40kg), 10 (40kg), 12 (30kg)

Low Incline BB Press:
10 (25kg), 10 (25kg), 7 (20kg), 7 (20kg)

Cable Flyes (Plates):
12 (7kg), 12 (7kg), 12 (7kg)

DB Side Lateral Raise:
12 (5kg), 10 (5kg), 8 (5kg)

Dips:
12 (18kg Assist), 9 (18kg Assist), 6 (18kg Assist)

Fri 12 June 2015: PULL A
Warmup: Box Jumps, Foam Roll

Deadlift:
5 (30kg), 5 (40kg), 5 (50kg), 5 (60kg), 8 (65kg)

Paused Rack Pull:
3 (40kg, 3 sec pause), 3 (40kg, 3 sec pause), 3 (40kg, 3 sec pause)

DB Rows:
12 (21.5kg), 11 (21.5kg), 10 (21.5kg)

BB Curls:
10 (12kg), 10 (12kg), 10 (12kg)

Rows Machine:
12 (20kg Reverse Grip), 12 (30kg neutral grip), 12 (40kg close grip)

Training this week has been going well, maybe not getting as much recovery as i should. There was a snap sale at Myer in the city so i went overboard and now my card is maxed haha.

Also i did some 200m relay training to help one of my friends as one of the other girls was sick. My poor shins.. arrgh.

So anyway my trainer really worked on my deadlift! i discover that the sticky point is when the bar just reaches the knee. So he got me to do 'paused rack pull'. which is hard to explain but essentially the bar is set slightly below where the sticky point is and I lift it slightly and hold in the best position possible for 3 seconds. Pull up, lower and repeat. It was very hard and I wanted to stop after 1 set. Somehow he got me to do another two.

Having fun with the paused rack pull:

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
Sat 13 June 2015: LEGS A
Warmup: Reverse leg raises, box jumps

Back Squats:
10 (40kg) x 7 sets

Glute Ham Raise:
5, 5, 5 to 35deg tilt from vertical & 3 sec hold

DB Lunges:
24 steps (10kg), 24 steps (10kg), 24 steps (10kg)

Standing Unilateral Hamstring Curls (Plates):
12 (10kg), 12 (10kg), 12 (10kg)

Calf Raises (Seated):
15 (20kg), 15 (20kg), 15 (20kg), 15 (15kg)

Weighted Ab Crunch (Lever):
15 (40kg), 15 (40kg), 15 (40kg), 15 (40kg)

Water Rower: 15 minutes 2km sprint row

^ Thats right, we have a new machine at our gym. :) It feels just like a real rower. exciting times..

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
That rower sounds pretty sweet! I have a love/hate relationship with rowing. It's so much better than running, but kicks my ass

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
That rower sounds pretty sweet! I have a love/hate relationship with rowing. It's so much better than running, but kicks my ass
I think this is how everyone feels ha. It's brutal. My fav version of cardio though because it's full body. That and no one else ever uses the machines ha

BigRed1974

BigRed1974

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Killing it in here!!

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
Wrivest; booneman77; Maybe I am just weird but I love the water rower lmao. It doesnt even feel like cardio honestly bc its fun to use. It reminds me of swimming since the whole body is used and there is hardly any impact like with running.

BigRed1974; aww thank you!

Well, logging on AM is so motivating and it stops me from slacking off or being lazy. feels great :)

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
Mon 15 June 2015: PUSH B
Warmup: Water Rower Sprint 500m in 1:39, band pullaparts

Bench Press:
12 (35kg), 10 (35kg), 10 (35kg)

Standing BB Press:
11 (25kg), 10 (25kg), 10 (25kg)

Cable Flyes: (4th Slot):
12 (6kg), 12 (6kg), 15 (6kg)

DB Side Lateral Raise:
10 (4kg), 12 (4kg), 10 (4kg)

Dips:
15 (21kg assist), 15 (21kg assist), 12 (21kg assist)

Tue 16 June 2015: PULL B
Warmup: Water Rower 1000m in 4:20, stick dislocations

Pendlay Rows:
8 (40kg), 8 (40kg), 8 (40kg), 12 (30kg)

Seated Rear Delt Rows (Plate):
10 (55kg), 10 (55kg), 10 (55kg), 12 (45kg)

Lat Pull Down (Lever):
10 (30kg), 10 (30kg), 12 (22kg), 12 (22kg)

Cable One Arm Rear Delt Raise: (Doggy)
10 (3kg), 10 (3kg), 8+2 (3kg)

Incline DB Curls:
10 (6kg), 10 (6kg), 7+5 (6kg)

BB Curls:
8 (12.5kg), 8 (12.5kg), 5 (12.5kg)

My weight jumped up to 66kg and its stayed there exactly for the past 4 days. I do have to remind myself to keep eating carbs though.
I think last week I ran out of energy bc of all the sports. Eventually i think I'll swap to a 4 day program, 6 days is interfering with volley. Volley coach warned me not to get too 'blocky' lmao bc it will affect my speed and reflex movements.
He was joking, in a way, but prob the worst thing to call a chick is 'blocky' lmao. (or fat)

BigRed1974

BigRed1974

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Love Pendlay rows!!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
"Blocky, big and fat" ~ words that COULD get you in a world of hate with a woman/women

I'm ashamed.. We weigh the same

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
BigRed1974; pendlay rows makes me sweat like crazy lol. i love it when guys come up and say I am doing it wrong. how I should stand up more lmao.

tyga tyga and that is the reason i never tell anyone how much i weigh (outside of gym talk).

BigRed1974

BigRed1974

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Improved my back a lot over the last year using them.

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
BigRed1974; pendlay rows makes me sweat like crazy lol. i love it when guys come up and say I am doing it wrong. how I should stand up more lmao.

tyga tyga and that is the reason i never tell anyone how much i weigh (outside of gym talk).
That's when you pat them on the head and call them a "cute lil newb"... Then move steel right in their face!!

elhosk

Awards
Mon 15 June 2015: PUSH B

My weight jumped up to 66kg and its stayed there exactly for the past 4 days. I do have to remind myself to keep eating carbs though.
I think last week I ran out of energy bc of all the sports. Eventually i think I'll swap to a 4 day program, 6 days is interfering with volley. Volley coach warned me not to get too 'blocky' lmao bc it will affect my speed and reflex movements.
He was joking, in a way, but prob the worst thing to call a chick is 'blocky' lmao. (or fat)
lol don't get why people make comments like that it really doesn't help and don't take any notice, you certainly aren't fat. Also getting more muscle will make you quicker if anything. Is your 4 day programme going to be P/P/L still?

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tell your coach to piss off. The stronger you are the better player you can be. I'm the strongest I've ever been, even in college, and I'm hitting over blockers I could only hit around a few years ago.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Upon choccy's suggestion I am currently eating quark. It's great ha. Thanks Canada ;)

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
elhosk; mountainman33; thanks guys that means a lot. I'm over it now but i was feeling pretty flat that day to be honest haha. But i have been able to slam the ball really hard lately I surprise myself. my shots used to be weak, so you are right it is improving because of my training!

AntM1564; never too late :)

booneman77; yea!! maple and quark i believe? haha.

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
Wed 17 June 2015: LEGS B
Warmup: Reverse Leg extensions on bench, crab walks (Red band)

Back Squats: (Form critique)
5 (50kg), 8 (50kg), 8 (50kg)

Back Squats: (Max effort)
5 (70kg), 3 (70kg), 1 (70kg), 5 (65), 5 (65)

Back Squats: (Endurance)
10 (40kg), 10 (40kg), 22 (30kg)

Lunges:
10 Steps (50kg), 10 Steps (50kg), 10 Steps (40kg)

Single Leg Standing Hamstring Curls (Machine):
8 (12.5kg), 8 (12.5kg), 7 (12.5kg) (all paused)

Squat til I drop! well i literally did the roll of shame a few times but I guess that was the point of today. 'Train to failure'.
Legs are still so pumped!

Oh my legs are feeling sore as. But I foam rolled and stretched them lots so hopefully won't be hobbling tomorrow lol.

So how is my diet looking lately you may ask. well it goes a little like this (don't forget its winter in Aus, bloody cold!)
Breakfast
- lemon water as soon as I get up. Oats with honey and banana, hot mocha with almond milk.

Teabreak
- rye or rice crisps with nutella (choc spread), mixed nuts, protein shake with water usually. Apple or mandarin.

Lunch
- tuna salad with the WORKS.. garden vegies, egg, sicilian olives, fetta cheese, chilli, wild rice. Green Tea and mint.

Afternoon
- Rice cakes, peanut butter, SOME sweets like a muffin or whatever i made from before.

Dinner
- Whatever mum cooks :) usually rice or noodles with a stir fry or stew. like tonight i had rice with steamed ginger chicken, lots of mixed asian vegies and some pasta salad. now I am eating a few pieces of lindt, then bed.

I aim for just under 2000kcal (i use myfitnesspal) and my macro is the range of 40 carbs, 30 fat, 30 protein. i've been good and actually stuck to this! it helps i haven't been out that much.

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
Thu 18 June 2015: PULL A
Warmup: Water Rower 1000m in 4:18

Deadlift:
3 (60kg) x 7 sets

Incline DB Rows:
12 (16kg), 12 (16kg), 12 (16kg)

T Bar Rows:
12 (40kg), 12 (40kg), 12 (40kg)

Standing DB Curls:
12 (7kg), 12 (7kg), 12 (7kg)

Rows Machine Underhand Grip:
12 (25kg), 12 (25kg), 12 (25kg), 10 (25kg)

Fri 19 June 2015: PUSH A
Warmup: Band Pull aparts

Standing Barbell Overhead Press:
3 (30kg), 3 (30kg), 3 (30kg), 3 (30kg), 6 (25kg), 8 (20kg)

Kneeling Smith Machine Press:
10 (20kg), 10 (20kg), 10 (20kg)

Seated DB Presses:
10 (6kg), 10 (6kg), 10 (6kg)

Dips:
11 (Bodyweight), 7 (Bodyweight), 4 (Bodyweight) with some trainer assistance lol

I am getting good sessions in this week. I can feel my abs and my back getting stronger. and call me crazy but its nice to get that soreness when i wake up in the morning!

The only thing i am getting annoyed about is how my core isn't bracing properly.
I am following the instructions from here:
http://sortyourpostureout.com/prevent-injuries-using-abdominal-bracing/

What I was thinking while practising this is that bracing is kinda like planking, but standing up. If i think of it like that I seem to be able to get into position much better. Like this:

Another thing i am working on is to think calm when i am lifting. This was the article i was reading.
http://www.weightliftingmindset.com/dont-ask-dont-tell-avoiding-common-non-technical-mistakes-weightlifters-make/

Basically practising poker face and not the horrendous looking pain face lol.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Ha I find that I do my best when I ignore the "faces" I make and just do whatever feels natural. Sometimes is grit your teeth and others is total control. Depends on the day, mood, body, stiffness, etc. I have a few cues I follow religiously but for the most part my first set will just be a feeling out of my body on that day

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You look great, doll! :)

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Pain face is part of the game. If you're focusing on that then you're not focusing on the muscle as much as you could be.

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
puccah8808; Aww thank you so much! i feel really motivated when my training and progress is noticed by others :)

booneman77; mountainman33; Oh definitely focus on my movement to get the most out of my w/o!
I am pretty emotional so if example i miss a shot in volley the disappointment shows on my face right away lol. other girls can look calm all the time. thats what I meant. Oh and i was making pain face in my warm up sets as well haha. That is what i am trying to stop.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
puccah8808; Aww thank you so much! i feel really motivated when my training and progress is noticed by others :)

booneman77; mountainman33; Oh definitely focus on my movement to get the most out of my w/o!
I am pretty emotional so if example i miss a shot in volley the disappointment shows on my face right away lol. other girls can look calm all the time. thats what I meant. Oh and i was making pain face in my warm up sets as well haha. That is what i am trying to stop.
Why stop making the face in warmups ha? You should be doing exactly the same things with your entire body (grunt/pain face and all ;) ) as you do with your regular sets. Consistency is what breeds that mind muscle connection and strengthens the mind's ability to connect the right dots

elhosk

Awards
Why stop making the face in warmups ha? You should be doing exactly the same things with your entire body (grunt/pain face and all ;) ) as you do with your regular sets. Consistency is what breeds that mind muscle connection and strengthens the mind's ability to connect the right dots
I've always been taught the opposite, use the minimum energy to lift sub maximal weights to build confidence and leave reserve for tougher lifts