JBRY LOGS OLYMPUS LABS ALPHADEFY!

Jbryfit1

Jbryfit1

Awards
Yo shout out to @Afi140 for looking out for a brothers gainz!
It’s been a while since I last tried anything new so I’m excited to try this out.
What I’m looking to accomplish during these next 4 weeks is to drop some body fat, and get stronger.
About me:
40 y/o male.
Lift 3 times week, sometimes 4.
I’m a triathlete as well, currently training for a race in April 28th. (Really it’s only the running I have to train for)
had knee surgery a year ago and finally back to lifting.
I also got divorced last year so that’s been fun too.
My current diet is primarily plant based, but I still eat meat maybe once a week.
5’9”, 175, and looking to stay at that weight and drop body fat. So this will be an attempt to recomp.
I’ve worked out the last 5 days so today will be a rest day and I’ll take my first serving of AlphaDefy at breakfast.
Let’s get it on!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In on this for sure! Time to fill that xl shirt! ;)

Jbryfit1

Jbryfit1

Awards
Day two in the books.
Did some biceps and glutes yesterday.
noticing an increase in thirst. Weight is the same.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day two in the books.
Did some biceps and glutes yesterday.
noticing an increase in thirst. Weight is the same.
I’m on day two as well. Feel good for sure. Haven’t noticed the thirst but I’ll keep an eye on it

Jbryfit1

Jbryfit1

Awards
Going to go for a hike with my kiddos here in a bit. It’s springtime in Arizona.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Going to go for a hike with my kiddos here in a bit. It’s springtime in Arizona.
Love it. Beautiful day in socal too. Enjoy those days

cronikgains

cronikgains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
Subbed! My bottle is still on the way so will start my log here soon. Interesting to see how this does for you on a primarily plant-based diet! The ingredients seem legit. How is your energy? I tried cutting meat for a short time and felt kind of lethargic. Was that just me or is there any specific foods you eat to make up for lack of meat?

Not trying to go far off topic but curious about the diet.

Jbryfit1

Jbryfit1

Awards
I also stopped caffeine except for coffee as well but I didn’t really notice a big drop in energy.
i do get a lot of plant based meat alternatives, and found the stuff from the “impossible” brand to be the best/ most similar without leaving your feeling heavy.

Jbryfit1

Jbryfit1

Awards
At the gym hitting some deadlifts. Going for a 25 mile bike then 1.25 mile run after once I’m off work.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Going for a 25 mile bike then 1.25 mile run after once I’m off work.
I don't bike much but what would you consider the equivalent expenditure in terms of miles when comparing bike ride vs running. Example is running one mile the equivalent expenditure of biking 5 miles..

Jbryfit1

Jbryfit1

Awards
I don't bike much but what would you consider the equivalent expenditure in terms of miles when comparing bike ride vs running. Example is running one mile the equivalent expenditure of biking 5 miles..
I ended up doing a 32 mile ride and skipped the run, will hit that in a bit.
But I’d say a 25-30 mile ride would be equivalent to about a 6-8 mile run.
So for a 1 mile that’s about equal to 4 miles on the bike.

Jbryfit1

Jbryfit1

Awards
Hamstrings are sore today, probably from the deads I did yesterday.
Something to not, might just be a coincidence. I noticed my heart rate was down significantly on the bike.
At the pace I was cycling my HR is normally around 140-150 bpm but yesterday it was in the 120’s. I found this interesting.
Going to hit some shoulders and chest tonight after work.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So for a 1 mile that’s about equal to 4 miles on the bike.
Good to know. I've been trying to do three 3-4 mile runs per week for my cardio. 3-4 miles i about perfect for me.

Jbryfit1

Jbryfit1

Awards
Good to know. I've been trying to do three 3-4 mile runs per week for my cardio. 3-4 miles i about perfect for me.
For me, the big difference in riding vs running is being about to control your heart rate.
When I run, I’m unable to keep my hr down below an anaerobic level. The longer I run, the higher it climbs. After around 10 miles, it’s just going to be 175 or higher, and I just deal with it.
Riding I can go at a decent speed (to stay upright) and keep my heart rate at an aerobic (fat burning) state, and it’s more enjoyable than walking. lol.

Jbryfit1

Jbryfit1

Awards
Hit my run yesterday but missed my chest/shoulder workout due to have to leave to get the kids. They’re on spring break so they spent the night at my place.
I’ll hit it today.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
After around 10 miles, it’s just going to be 175 or higher, and I just deal with it.
10 miles is the longest i've ran non stop. 4 miles is definitely the sweet spot where I can get a good jog cardio session in without my heart rate going crazy. :p

Jbryfit1

Jbryfit1

Awards
Got some chest and shoulders in yesterday. Had a client come in early so I could go home early and skipped the second half of the workout.
Weight was 173.8 yesterday evening. That’s cool

Jbryfit1

Jbryfit1

Awards
Chest and triceps are sore today, so looks like the workout wasn’t a total waste.
Back and biceps today, swim tomorrow.

Airmaniac

Airmaniac

Awards
I bike as well. I look forward to reading your thoughts on any performance benefits throughout. You're crushing the log! Following!

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Chest and triceps are sore today, so looks like the workout wasn’t a total waste.
Sounds like it’s gonna be a killer workout. Looking forward to it

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Outdoor or indoor swim? I need to find a good gym that has a pool. I same growing up in high school. Was probably in the best shape of my life when swimming.

Jbryfit1

Jbryfit1

Awards
Outdoor or indoor swim? I need to find a good gym that has a pool. I same growing up in high school. Was probably in the best shape of my life when swimming.
Swim indoors. But starting April I’ll be putting on the wetsuit to swim at the lake. Got to get readjusted to it for the race on the 28th

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
But starting April I’ll be putting on the wetsuit to swim at the lake.
Open water swimming is always harder and I tend to swim a lot slower to :(

Jbryfit1

Jbryfit1

Awards
Open water swimming is always harder and I tend to swim a lot slower to :(
Yeah, but once you’re in a comfortable zone, you can just swim without stopping. Great for mental clarity. I have a line hate relationship with swimming. It’s always tough to get started but steer the first 15-20 minutes I find my stride and my body stops fighting the water.

Jbryfit1

Jbryfit1

Awards
Yesterday the hour I had for swimming got filled with clients, but I was still able to hit some legs.
Knee still isn’t recovered enough to get them sore, but it’s getting there.
going to swim tomorrow.
todays going to be biceps and core.

Jbryfit1

Jbryfit1

Awards
Overdid my biceps on Friday and they are still sore today. (Like hurts to extend my arms)
took a rest Saturday, but Sunday I did some calves, then biked 33 miles and ran 1.25 miles after the bike. Lower legs were throbbing by bedtime.
feel okay today, legs are just tender today.
So far 2 people have committed on me looking like I’ve lost weight. That’s a plus.

Last edited:
Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Overdid my biceps on Friday and they are still sore today.
took a rest Saturday, but Sunday I did some calves, then biked 33 miles and ran 1.25 miles after the bike. Lower legs were throbbing by bedtime.
feel okay today, legs are just tender today.
So far 2 people have committed on me looking like I’ve lost weight. That’s a plus.
Killer workout and for me once people start noticing physical changes is when it gets real. It’s easy to not really notice myself but when others do it’s usually obvious. Great stuff bro

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It’s easy to not really notice myself but when others do it’s usually obvious
Definitely a big confidence boost for me when someone else notices the progress!

Jbryfit1

Jbryfit1

Awards
Finally put on the shirt last night strong supps sent. Nice fitting shirt for an xl, I actually might go and buy one in my size (L)

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Finally put on the shirt last night strong supps sent. Nice fitting shirt for an xl, I actually might go and buy one in my size (L)
They're definitely a good fit around the chest and arms for sure.

Jbryfit1

Jbryfit1

Awards
Thursday was a 10 mile bike ride followed with a 1.5 mile run. Friday hit legs. Feeling good.
rude my bike to work 4 of the five days.
trust is gonna be a rest day. Got family things.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thursday was a 10 mile bike ride followed with a 1.5 mile run. Friday hit legs. Feeling good.
rude my bike to work 4 of the five days.
trust is gonna be a rest day. Got family things.
Nice bro. Product still treating you well?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thursday was a 10 mile bike ride followed with a 1.5 mile run.
I was expecting you to say a swim afterwards as well for a sprint triathlon!

Jbryfit1

Jbryfit1

Awards
Weight is back up to 175, I think it’s from being out in the sun for 5 hours Saturday. I was really thirsty all day Sunday. Need to cut back on the rice at meals.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Weight is back up to 175, I think it’s from being out in the sun for 5 hours Saturday. I was really thirsty all day Sunday. Need to cut back on the rice at meals.
How much rice at you having at meals? Or do you weigh out your rice per meal?

Jbryfit1

Jbryfit1

Awards
I’ve been hungrier so I’m having about 2 cups of cooked rice rice at dinner along with around a cup of cooked beans or lentils, tofu and a mixed greens salad.
I do 2 cups of oats with mixed nuts, dried fruit and protein for breakfast. Lunch is usually leftovers from dinner.
Gotta stop eating the kids leftovers for snacks.

rode the bike to work yesterday, also trained calves.

Jbryfit1

Jbryfit1

Awards
So I wanted to post my cycling for the month to give y’all an idea of my weekly routine. I do other activities such as swimming, running and weight training, but cycling is my favorite.
My cycling for the month started in the 3rd of March and I started this log on the 5th technically. Rides to work are around 16-18 minutes each way and it’s not casual. I ride hard and fast to work so I’m not late so think of it as a hiit session each time.

Attachments

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Rides to work are around 16-18 minutes each way and it’s not casual. I ride hard and fast to work so I’m not late so think of it as a hiit session each time.
I would do that but then I'd be a sweaty mess and have to shower when I got to work :ROFLMAO:

Jbryfit1

Jbryfit1

Awards
Was going to swim yesterday, forgot to put my tri shorts in my bag. So i lifted instead. Had an hour and a half. Hit some chest, and legs, mainly quads.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Was going to swim yesterday, forgot to put my tri shorts in my bag. So i lifted instead. Had an hour and a half. Hit some chest, and legs, mainly quads.
Nice bro! That’s some good lifting

hercules_22

hercules_22

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Noticing anything specific since logging the Alphadefy?