Making Natty Gains with AlphaDefy (A Detailed Log)

cronikgains

cronikgains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
I ran a log on here before for IML stuff... a lot of IML stuff (Epiandro, 4-andro, 1-andro, R-andro, etc) - but haven't touched any prohormone since then. I think it's been about 2 years. I have ran MK-677 low-dose to help with some minor injuries but that's about it. I am 100% natty ATM and only taking creatine, a basic pre-workout, and a few basic health staples (coq10, fish oil, sometimes whey protein).

AlphaDefy looks like a great product for weight loss, improved endurance and faster recovery (which is basically everything you want in a 'muscle builder' product). All of this sounds perfect for a recomp IMO - but honestly it sounds like it will be helpful no matter what your goals are.

You can check out the ingredient profile and details here: https://www.strongsupplementshop.com/alphadefy-by-olympus-labs

Current Stats:
Weight: 160lbs (don't mind if this goes up/down slightly as long as I look better in the mirror) - I'm like 5'7 on a good day, but my license says 5'8 cause they let me pick ;)

GOAL = Lose some body fat while maintaining or continuing to gain strength. There's a lot of muscle memory at play here, so I think I will have good results and chances of putting on muscle while still losing bodyfat. I understand this is said to be impossible, but we'll see what kind of results I get. I am eating a clean diet. Calories around maintenance, a little above on training days and just at or just below on off-days.

I will post some pics to document progress. If all goes well, I will order another bottle soon to keep it going another month. I understand 1 month is a short time to log progress, but I will definitely know if this is working or not. I've been training about 15 years now so I definitely know my body.

Also, I am coming back from a leg injury. I have been working around it the past month or so, but finally was able to have a leg day yesterday!

This may be a sponsored log - but don't get it twisted, I am going to be 100% honest about my results here! I got my bottle in the mail yesterday and wow, I am very thankful for the included shirt, coupon, and shaker bottle. (y)

SO real quick, I will start with Day One of AlphaDefy - which was my first leg day in a long time due to the injury I had. Yes, I waited yesterday til it came in the mail as I was looking forward to trying it!! So I took 3 as recommended before your workout, and then trained legs:

I essentially went through a 15 minute warm up phase, which is way more than I usually do for a warmup, but I was and still am paranoid about messing my leg up. It feels like it's 100% recovered now but I don't want to eff around and find out it's not. So bodyweight squats, and then goblet squats with a 40lb db for a few sets.

Back Squats:
135 x 10
135 x 10
135 x 10
215 x 10
215 x 10
215 x 10
225 x 7
Drop set back down (didn't log numbers).

Not wanting to go heavy but wanted to see how my previously damaged calf muscle felt during the movement. Will start at this weight and move up from here. After a month of not training legs this felt heavy and it was definitely challenging for me, yet after the drop set down I was still not out of breath for long like I usually am after squats. Squats typically get my adrenaline going and I get out of breath quickly, but this time I felt ready to go after a couple of minutes!! Not sure if it's the AlphaDefy because I'm new to the ingredients in it and not sure how quick they work - but thought I should mention it.

Moved on to bulgarian split squats with 40lb for high reps to get a nice leg pump. Challenging but man I love the feeling! Did 3 sets total.

Calf muscle didn't give me any problems so I think I am clear to progress in weight on leg movements from here on out.

That's all I did as I didn't have much time yesterday - but I would rather do a quick workout than no workout. I will be working back/biceps today so will report back later and hopefully have an image or 2 to upload as well.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In on this for sure! Excited to hear your thoughts and see some progress!

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Stoked for this!

cronikgains

cronikgains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
Had an epic back/bicep day yesterday. So far so good! No sides - had an awesome pump and my focus is on point!!! Today was an off day, no training at all. Had a ton of work to do on the computer today and felt very focused.

I took 3 caps in the morning on an empty stomach and felt great all day. No sides, other than increased focus.

Wore the shirt, and was surprised how good it fit for an XL, I usually wear a medium or large depending on the shirt. But this shirt fits good on me IMO - I will attach a photo below. Hopefully within a year I really fill it out though, maybe this will be one way I measure gains lol.

Also, I have a couple photos without a pump from about a week ago I can use as my starting point:

^^ short bicep insertions suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^^ The lighting sucks in it and I don't know why the heck I took it, but I honestly hate taking photos of myself I don't workout for attention or to show off so it's rare for me to take pics. With that said.. That is without a pump, so I will take a similar photo, plus some others, as I get further into the log, and of course at the end I will try to do the same in the same lighting as well.

My chest is still sore from a workout on the 10th, but I hope to train chest tomorrow and will report. Would like to get a photo with a pump on here and one in better lighting.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Had an epic back/bicep day yesterday. So far so good! No sides - had an awesome pump and my focus is on point!!! Today was an off day, no training at all. Had a ton of work to do on the computer today and felt very focused.

I took 3 caps in the morning on an empty stomach and felt great all day. No sides, other than increased focus.

Wore the shirt, and was surprised how good it fit for an XL, I usually wear a medium or large depending on the shirt. But this shirt fits good on me IMO - I will attach a photo below. Hopefully within a year I really fill it out though, maybe this will be one way I measure gains lol.

View attachment 240847

Also, I have a couple photos without a pump from about a week ago I can use as my starting point:

View attachment 240849

^^ short bicep insertions suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View attachment 240848

^^ The lighting sucks in it and I don't know why the heck I took it, but I honestly hate taking photos of myself I don't workout for attention or to show off so it's rare for me to take pics. With that said.. That is without a pump, so I will take a similar photo, plus some others, as I get further into the log, and of course at the end I will try to do the same in the same lighting as well.

My chest is still sore from a workout on the 10th, but I hope to train chest tomorrow and will report. Would like to get a photo with a pump on here and one in better lighting.
Arms are filling out the shirt well that's for sure!

cronikgains

cronikgains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
It's been a crazy week with work, but so far so good! I have more energy, to the point where I need less caffeine. I have more focus, and I seriously think this stuff does wonders for mental performance!

Due to work, my training was a bit abnormal last week... I worked chest/triceps, and then I had one day of nothing but deadlifts due to limited time and wanting to get the biggest bang for my buck possible. I did a mix of conventional and sumo deadlifts, 12 working sets. My ass, legs, and traps are still sore as f***!

Even though they were sore, I managed to have a solid squat day: Back squats, Bulgarian split squats, and then moved on to biceps :sneaky:

Tomorrow is going to be a Chest/Shoulders day - I love this combo! I recently watched a John Meadows video regarding 'slight inclines/declines' on bench and used a plate to give my bench a slight decline.. I've never performed a decline bench, and this was subtle but noticeable. I got a sick pump from doing this!! So going to do it again tomorrow for sure!

Photo from last chest day (using AlphaDefy solo without even using a preworkout) - not going to post more photos til the end and will take them in similar poses and lighting situations. I have quite a bit of bodyfat to lose. I obsess over getting bigger but since I'm staying off hormones and PEDs for a while I don't think eating way over maintenance is going to do me any good these days - and I HATE cutting cause I hate feeling smaller. :rolleyes:

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Chest/Shoulders day - I love this combo!
Agreed! Chest & Shoulders or Chest & Triceps is probably my favorite combo. I seem to always be able to get a good chest pump.

cronikgains

cronikgains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
I had a solid bench day. I was going to work chest/shoulders so I can have a day of arms solo without my triceps being too sore... but screw it. I worked my chest/triceps.. and then I felt like doing more so I worked my shoulders too!

• Flat Bench 3x10
  • Decline 3x5
  • Incline Bench 3x20 for an epic pump!!
  • Pushdowns
  • OH extensions using stacked resistance bands
  • Incline DB flyes lightweight 40lbs high rep for chest pump - I never really did this movement until recently so still getting used to it
  • Seated DB shoulder press with same dumbells - 3x20
  • Lateral raises
For me, an ideal shoulder day would start with heavy push presses - but after benching and working triceps - obviously not going to do heavy push presses. My shoulders were pumped already and this was probably overkill.

Either way - I woke up incredibly sore and by the time I moved around the soreness basically went away and I am ready to have a strong Back/Bicep day! I will say, that whenever I finally took my shirt off to get in the shower after yesterday's workout - I was shocked - I looked like I had been on gear for real the pump was insane!!!!!!!! I don't think it's necessarily alphadefy, but Alphadefy definitely has an effect on my training because I normally would just do chest/triceps and be done. But I always feel like I can do more now.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
but Alphadefy definitely has an effect on my training because I normally would just do chest/triceps and be done. But I always feel like I can do more now.
Definitely a few positive notes for sure!

cronikgains

cronikgains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
Worked Back/Biceps on Thursday, took a day off, and worked Legs today.

I did the usual back squats, Bulgarian split squats, etc. But this time I added in leg extensions and leg curls. I work out at home so I used a big screw thread eye bolt to hook up resistance bands to the low part of the wall in my garage. Very sturdy, and worked well. I was able to stack the bands and get good resistance. I had a clean rug I rolled up to put under my legs for better ROM. Basically just moved my bench to a proper distance so I started with solid resistance and worked one leg at a time.

Sounds like a weird setup now that I write it down but it worked very well!! I got a solid pump from this!! Always hated leg curls, for some reason they always made me feel like I was gonna cramp up.. But, I started like and worked my way up in resistance. Leg extensions, I could use all the bands stacked (150lb total but who knows exactly - too many variables with distance and such) - I still hit 20-30 reps. I just made sure to go super slow, about 4-5 seconds per rep.

Loving the AlphaDefy! Like I said before, I feel like I don't get tired. After an hour of working out, I feel like I just need a minute or two of rest and I can keep going. Usually, that is not the case. Even on andro prohormones in the past, I didn't have the endurance this has given me.

The only reason I stop is because I have other things to do and I am sure I don't need to do that much volume. My workouts might not sound like much on paper but I GO HARD relatively speaking I get to failure on every set - I do not leave reps on the table. I have a strong tolerance for pain and don't mind pushing past it, most of this is mental IMO.

Tomorrow is Chest/Triceps, can't wait!!!!!! The pumps have been epic lately!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Loving the AlphaDefy! Like I said before, I feel like I don't get tired. After an hour of working out, I feel like I just need a minute or two of rest and I can keep going. Usually, that is not the case. Even on andro prohormones in the past, I didn't have the endurance this has given me.
Really enjoy reading all the great feedback you have provided on this product so far!

cronikgains

cronikgains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
Had another epic chest/triceps day Sunday. Took Monday off. Worked back/biceps today.

6 deadlift sets, 3x5 conventional, 3x3 sumo.
Barbell rows 3x5
DB rows 3x12-15 (Chest supported with bench so I can truly go to failure)
Heavy barbell curls (usually do higher reps) - 3x5
Light barbell curls - 2x15
Reverse grip curls - 2x12

I seriously do not get that tired anymore. Not sure if it's lifestyle changes as I've been eating healthier... or if it's AlphaDefy. But something is going on and I love it.

Going to do more cardio-type work and boxing training tomorrow. Mainly hitting the heavy bag, maybe some jump rope, and reflex bag stuff. I'll report back to see how that goes and if the endurance is noticeable for me.

Airmaniac

Airmaniac

Awards
Had another epic chest/triceps day Sunday. Took Monday off. Worked back/biceps today.

6 deadlift sets, 3x5 conventional, 3x3 sumo.
Barbell rows 3x5
DB rows 3x12-15 (Chest supported with bench so I can truly go to failure)
Heavy barbell curls (usually do higher reps) - 3x5
Light barbell curls - 2x15
Reverse grip curls - 2x12

I seriously do not get that tired anymore. Not sure if it's lifestyle changes as I've been eating healthier... or if it's AlphaDefy. But something is going on and I love it.

Going to do more cardio-type work and boxing training tomorrow. Mainly hitting the heavy bag, maybe some jump rope, and reflex bag stuff. I'll report back to see how that goes and if the endurance is noticeable for me.
Killer workouts!!! I can definitely relate to the endurance aspect since taking AlphaDefy.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yes sir! I’m about half way through my first bottle and loving it!
Glad to hear you're liking it as well. I still have it on my list to run myself!

cronikgains

cronikgains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
I had a brutal leg day Thursday - chest today. I did nothing but incline bench, flat bench, and slight decline. 10 working sets total, various rep ranges. I wanted to preserve my triceps for an arm-only day.

Ordered a new Olympic barbell and some 25lb plates (I'm making better money -still have a lot of bills to catch up on).. so honestly going to have to buy plates on a bi-weekly basis to get enough for a good workout. Definitely ordering 35s or 45s next time. Almost all my plates are standard and I'm using an OG heavy-duty standard bar I bought off CL many years ago.

It's been reliable and has touched close to 400 lbs in the past. But, I am afraid to keep pushing it. Still, I wanted to get started on the process so I can start pushing serious weight. I need to move up on my squat and deadlift weight and I prefer a 3x5 or 5x5 plan - but I need more weight to progress ya know...

AlphaDefy is definitely great for endurance - I spent about 30-45 minutes straight going at the heavy bag the other day and it just felt good. Not really getting tired or out of breath til the very end. I didn't use a timer, but I would go at it in about 3-5 minute rounds, rest a minute, and then get back to it. I am the kind of guy who loves a tough workout and lives for this... since I was a kid watching DBZ (as you can see from my current avatar lol). It was kind of cold at the time and I was still dripping sweat, so it was definitely a good workout!

As for soreness. I am recovering fairly fast. My biceps and lats were sore yesterday, now it's just my ass and legs sore today and tomorrow I bet it will be my chest.

Oh, and I didn't plan on lifting Thursday so I took alpha defy when I woke up with a glass of water. I worked out hours later. Results were about the same as taking before a workout. Which is good!!! This stuff makes a difference, probably more than creatine tbh. At least with the endurance aspect of it, getting a few more reps in, etc. Not sure how helpful it is for mass, but I am up a little in weight unfortunately I have been training hard and eating (clean) - maybe a little too much. This is my fault 100% - but I like how I look right now so it's okay with me.

Tomorrow might be Back only. I want to also focus more on my traps so will exclude direct bicep work to save them for an arm day - probably the next day, Sunday. So Monday they can rest while I work legs again.

I am seriously considering starting a YT channel but it seems a bit saturated now with all the Sam Sulek wannabes. My content would be different though, showing how it can be done from home.. idk I have so many other obligations right now with my marketing work.. but I would like to do some marketing for myself too haha.

Alright that's enough for now, will post again soon!

cronikgains

cronikgains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
Legs were actually still sore as hell today so I didn't deadlift like I normally do on a back day. Instead, I focused on rows only. I set up my barbell to do T bar rows. 10 total working sets of rows with multiple variations of one-hand rows, including chest supported using my bench. I haven't done these in years and it felt very nice!! I like any movement where I get a good mind muscle connection and really feel the muscle working.

Also threw in 3 sets of shrugs and got a nice pump. Was a bit sore and fatigued by the time I did them though. Still, another solid workout.

I suppose I can take a day off tomorrow. I'll probably just hit the heavy bag and do cardio for an 30-60 minutes so I can hit legs hard again Monday.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I suppose I can take a day off tomorrow. I'll probably just hit the heavy bag and do cardio for an 30-60 minutes so I can hit legs hard again Monday.
A hard leg day I can be sore for a whole week :ROFLMAO:

cronikgains

cronikgains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
I thought my legs were ready for another day of pushing weight.. but they were still sore LOL that last leg day must have been too much. I did a light leg day, focused on deep squatting and used a more narrow stance for the outer quads. Did 6 sets of squats and hit the heavy bag for 3 rounds of about 4 min each (I left an entire song play each round, about 3:30-4:30 on avg).

I guess I can't go hard every day, whatever. Still a great workout!

Considering an arm day tomorrow, but will probably stick with chest/triceps for now.

cronikgains

cronikgains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
Started to bench but honestly my shoulders felt sore and just didn't feel right. I decided to turn this into an arm day. Lowered the weight, and busted out 3 sets of 20+ reps on close grip bench. That got the blood flowing to all the right areas and felt much better. I felt like working chest would've led to an injury today so I will try again later this week.

So close grip bench 3 sets, overhead extensions 3 sets, push downs 3 sets, and then bicep curls.. I did 8 sets total of varying weight and grips. Warm up set, then went heavy for 5 rep sets, then lightweight, then reverse grip for the last 2 sets. My arms were fried!!!!!

Now I completely forgot to take AlphaDefy before working out as I didn't plan on lifting when I did. I had my preworkout but completely forgot AlphaDefy as I was in a hurry (a side job today messed up my schedule).

There was definitely a difference. Arm days are typically easy and I enjoy them for the pump, but today I felt like working out was a chore. This might just be because I need to take more rest days, but I get the feeling I would've had a much better workout if I had taken the AlphadDefy.

I'm kind of upset I didn't realize I forgot to take it until I went to make a postworkout shake! :oops:

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'm kind of upset I didn't realize I forgot to take it until I went to make a postworkout shake!
I do the same thing :ROFLMAO: Almost have to set a reminder on my phone to be consistent with taking it.

cronikgains

cronikgains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
Wow I went a while without posting an update. Have had maybe 1 or 2 days off since my last one though haha.

I'm thinking about running this again but with Optimize-T or M-Test. I am still on the fence about running MK-677 again as tumor growth scares me and I haven't been to a doctor in over 15 years. I probably shouldn't eff around with shyt like that, especially now that I'm almost 34. Yeah, haven't been to a doc since I was like 15... I feel amazing so I'm sure I'm good. But still...

Anyways, gonna post my final review of AlphaDefy and progress photos within the next 24 hrs.

For now, I will say that this is a 5/5 star product and I highly recommend it!!! The bottle says "muscle builder" on the front - and it is 100% true if you train hard and eat. I did pack on a few pounds so I apologize for misleading you about the "recomp" - but that's not the product's fault that's the way I trained and ate. Anyone who trains will understand this though.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'm thinking about running this again but with Optimize-T or M-Test
That would be a good run. I've always had pretty good results when running Optimize-T but both of them are great!

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
5/5 is 🔥

I experienced many of the same things bro. Thanks. For the log and glad it treated you so well!!

cronikgains

cronikgains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
The main benefit that I noticed:

Increase in stamina! I keep throwing the word endurance around when I talk about this, but in reality, it increases your stamina. I am able to lift with maximum effort and strength for much longer while on AlphaDefy.

This stuff works! Yes it is subtle, but it is powerful. I do not get tired. I train hard in the cold and in the heat - nothing bothers me normally, and I have high endurance as it is. However, when it comes to lifting heavy, I typically can't train heavy for long periods of time, I'm only human. If it's lightweight, high pump type lifts, then yeah, I can train for hours if I really wanted to - I know that would be stupid though. I feel like I can do compound lifts for 15 sets of 5 reps, or even something like GVT 10x10. Damn, I should've tried that haha...

Don't get me wrong, my sets are still challenging, I go to failure often and definitely very close to it on every working set. But when I get done with my set, 10-30 seconds later I feel like I didn't do anything. It's impressive.

Now, my lifestyle and diet changes may have had an impact here. But, I am giving a lot of credit to this supplement because when I forgot to take it before a training session one time I noticed the difference.

With that said, my arms grew a quarter inch and I am happy with that. Still not where I want to be but I will get there.

I will definitely get a few more bottles of this stuff in the near future and I recommend it to anyone who trains. Even if you just do cardio, I believe this stuff is beneficial.

Also, I noticed an increase in mental performance and mood. I work on a computer for many hours a day so I seriously appreciated these effects!!

Here's an after photo or two, don't judge my stomach, I don't give a f about abs - they are still visible but not really in these photos with the way I posed and lighting.. oh well.

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
I’d say if money isn’t an issue I’d run optimise-T & M-Test together. But if on budget go with M-Test, if you search the forum you’ll be able to see people’s blood work while on it

cronikgains

cronikgains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
I’d say if money isn’t an issue I’d run optimise-T & M-Test together. But if on budget go with M-Test, if you search the forum you’ll be able to see people’s blood work while on it
Yeah I know I love M-Test, but my experience before was using it during a PCT. I might do both, not sure on the difference yet I need to look into it again to find out.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
The main benefit that I noticed:

Increase in stamina! I keep throwing the word endurance around when I talk about this, but in reality, it increases your stamina. I am able to lift with maximum effort and strength for much longer while on AlphaDefy.

This stuff works! Yes it is subtle, but it is powerful. I do not get tired. I train hard in the cold and in the heat - nothing bothers me normally, and I have high endurance as it is. However, when it comes to lifting heavy, I typically can't train heavy for long periods of time, I'm only human. If it's lightweight, high pump type lifts, then yeah, I can train for hours if I really wanted to - I know that would be stupid though. I feel like I can do compound lifts for 15 sets of 5 reps, or even something like GVT 10x10. Damn, I should've tried that haha...

Don't get me wrong, my sets are still challenging, I go to failure often and definitely very close to it on every working set. But when I get done with my set, 10-30 seconds later I feel like I didn't do anything. It's impressive.

Now, my lifestyle and diet changes may have had an impact here. But, I am giving a lot of credit to this supplement because when I forgot to take it before a training session one time I noticed the difference.

With that said, my arms grew a quarter inch and I am happy with that. Still not where I want to be but I will get there.

I will definitely get a few more bottles of this stuff in the near future and I recommend it to anyone who trains. Even if you just do cardio, I believe this stuff is beneficial.

Also, I noticed an increase in mental performance and mood. I work on a computer for many hours a day so I seriously appreciated these effects!!

Here's an after photo or two, don't judge my stomach, I don't give a f about abs - they are still visible but not really in these photos with the way I posed and lighting.. oh well.

View attachment 241428
View attachment 241429
Nice bro! Increased mood and mental performance is nice especially with your job.
If you’re willing to buy the product after the log with your own money that’s all I need to hear. Thanks again brother!!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Same. I'm married no need for abs anymore :ROFLMAO: