Mattrag and whatever training

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I know what you mean it's a rhythm thing I know guys that don't touch their chest on BB bench but if I don't touch my chest I actually lift less weight.
My elbows blow up if I go all the way to touch my chest on bench. It takes a cascade of miracles for me to truly have a good Max effort bench day.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yesterday I hit a triple max on OHP

45x5
95x5
115x5
135x5
155x5
165x5
175x3 (pr well because I now go till the bar touches my shoulder blades it has gotten considerably harder )

Pretty good last day.
Now I will be in Tokyo (actually ready am) and meeting up with the family. Looks to be a good trip. Forgot half my supps at home, couldn't eat anywhere for lunch because of my allergies and looks like I am gonna be goin to some party with the wife's friends at a Mexican place... Hmm bean allergy plus wheat allergy plus dairy allergy and you probably got one of the hardest mouths to feed when eating out.

jaycuda

jaycuda

Awards
  • Established

45x5
95x5
115x5
135x5
155x5
165x5
175x3 (pr well because I now go till the bar touches my shoulder blades it has gotten considerably harder )

Pretty good last day.
Now I will be in Tokyo (actually ready am) and meeting up with the family. Looks to be a good trip. Forgot half my supps at home, couldn't eat anywhere for lunch because of my allergies and looks like I am gonna be goin to some party with the wife's friends at a Mexican place... Hmm bean allergy plus wheat allergy plus dairy allergy and you probably got one of the hardest mouths to feed when eating out.
Dealing with that many allergies would be rough. Congrats on the PR though, those always make life better. lol

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dealing with that many allergies would be rough. Congrats on the PR though, those always make life better. lol
Yea.... Allergies are rough, but they need to make food more plain for me lol. Cook meat, gimme cabbage and rice and I will give you no trouble.

jaycuda

jaycuda

Awards
  • Established
Yea.... Allergies are rough, but they need to make food more plain for me lol. Cook meat, gimme cabbage and rice and I will give you no trouble.
Any rice I eat is never healthy("clean"), so I try to stay away from it. You get the mail? Hopefully I didn't send it to some random person. lol

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Any rice I eat is never healthy("clean"), so I try to stay away from it. You get the mail? Hopefully I didn't send it to some random person. lol
I eat white rice only... My diet is a bit more liberal than ppl eat here. (high fat mod protein mod carbs) brown rice flares up my joints and makes me see red on the throne.

Got it. But I'm on my iPad and don't really wanna view it till I get to my hotel room. Currently walking around lol.

jaycuda

jaycuda

Awards
  • Established
I eat white rice only... My diet is a bit more liberal than ppl eat here. (high fat mod protein mod carbs) brown rice flares up my joints and makes me see red on the throne.

Got it. But I'm on my iPad and don't really wanna view it till I get to my hotel room. Currently walking around lol.
I need to get an iPad.

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

45x5
95x5
115x5
135x5
155x5
165x5

Pretty good last day.
Bro, are you doing those that deep behind your head? (OHP) google shoulder impingement :eek: !

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Interesting read, especially since I do BTN presses with a snatch grip occasionally.
Yea I was watching a California strength vid on it. I assume it's okay because we aren't really stressing the shoulder cap in a vulnerable position. Weight lifting and bodybuilding are like two different worlds of weights.
Can't wait to hit the gym in two weeks. Gonna get some one to help me with the Olympic lifts there.

jaycuda

jaycuda

Awards
  • Established
Yea I was watching a California strength vid on it. I assume it's okay because we aren't really stressing the shoulder cap in a vulnerable position. Weight lifting and bodybuilding are like two different worlds of weights.
Can't wait to hit the gym in two weeks. Gonna get some one to help me with the Olympic lifts there.
Yeah I want to get with a coach eventually, just for a session. See what they think of my lifts and take their criticism.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah I want to get with a coach eventually, just for a session. See what they think of my lifts and take their criticism.
Would be good just to have a bunch of things to work on. I need the basics.
For some reason your vid keeps crashing while downloading on my iphone. Will try with my iPad later tonight.

Food wise it has been rough. Ate one meal yesterday of like 5oz of chicken and like 120g carbs worth of rice. Got about 50g bcaas though so I hope to be getting enough to prevent too much catabolism.

Today should be better though. I need like 3000 cals just to keep from shrinking. And I rather not lose weight than lose muscle ATM.

jaycuda

jaycuda

Awards
  • Established
Would be good just to have a bunch of things to work on. I need the basics.
For some reason your vid keeps crashing while downloading on my iphone. Will try with my iPad later tonight.

Food wise it has been rough. Ate one meal yesterday of like 5oz of chicken and like 120g carbs worth of rice. Got about 50g bcaas though so I hope to be getting enough to prevent too much catabolism.

Today should be better though. I need like 3000 cals just to keep from shrinking. And I rather not lose weight than lose muscle ATM.
Its just one squat, not a big deal. Hopefully your Ipad works, the video might need Java to play and I don't think iPhones allow Java.

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok Matt, if I was worried over nothing, please educate me.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Its just one squat, not a big deal. Hopefully your Ipad works, the video might need Java to play and I don't think iPhones allow Java.
That is a big front squat.....damn

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok Matt, if I was worried over nothing, please educate me.
Well you're pushing through the stress point with your legs. There really is no moving the weight with the arms. Power transfer and body positioning is all that matters.

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well you're pushing through the stress point with your legs. There really is no moving the weight with the arms. Power transfer and body positioning is all that matters.
Ok, got ya. As an aside: Morning Bro!

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Na, you'll be up to my current PR after a few months of front squatting. Legs are easy to make gains at.
Yea. But still you are beast now.
Hopefully my front squats will be up to 400 by year end. I'm pretty much gonna be doing a front squat program by Greg Everette for the next couple months.

jaycuda

jaycuda

Awards
  • Established
Yea. But still you are beast now.
Hopefully my front squats will be up to 400 by year end. I'm pretty much gonna be doing a front squat program by Greg Everette for the next couple months.
I've tripled 390 before but something about putting 400# on and frontsquatting just makes me rack it without trying.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've tripled 390 before but something about putting 400# on and frontsquatting just makes me rack it without trying.
Yea. For me it's the fear of my arms just dropping it in front of me.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So today I'll be hitting Disney sea. First time so I'm pretty stoked!!!
My cycle is coming together as well so I will be primed and ready to start the day I get back. I think this vacation will be a great break for my body. I feel I will be hittin the weights stronger and better than ever!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sounds pretty cool and that is some insane front squatting. I just have the worst time with Front Squats. I need to get with someone who really knows how to do them. I need more wrist flexibility or something. When I try to do the arms crossed grip it rolls up into my collar bones. Just gets very frustrating so I go to Hack Squats.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sounds pretty cool and that is some insane front squatting. I just have the worst time with Front Squats. I need to get with someone who really knows how to do them. I need more wrist flexibility or something. When I try to do the arms crossed grip it rolls up into my collar bones. Just gets very frustrating so I go to Hack Squats.
It's more elbow and the whole outer arm being tight. When I get back home in a week and a bit I'll post a stretch I do daily that really opened up my arm to be able to just get in the racking position.

Found a gym, to bad I leave today from this hotel to stay at cheaper hotels... (at the Disney official resort hotel now). Might hit a workout in a couple minutes... Pull ups and dips.... Again lol. The place only goes to 30kgs (66lbs) DBS and has no barbell. Guess I could do some sprints.... Nah...

jaycuda

jaycuda

Awards
  • Established
It's more elbow and the whole outer arm being tight. When I get back home in a week and a bit I'll post a stretch I do daily that really opened up my arm to be able to just get in the racking position.

Found a gym, to bad I leave today from this hotel to stay at cheaper hotels... (at the Disney official resort hotel now). Might hit a workout in a couple minutes... Pull ups and dips.... Again lol. The place only goes to 30kgs (66lbs) DBS and has no barbell. Guess I could do some sprints.... Nah...
Thats the worst part about vacation, not being able to get good workouts in.

Oh yeah, I'm really liking the heavy weighted crushes for 8-15 reps. I have had DOMS since Monday in my lower abs. Focking weird actually being sore there.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thats the worst part about vacation, not being able to get good workouts in.

Oh yeah, I'm really liking the heavy weighted crushes for 8-15 reps. I have had DOMS since Monday in my lower abs. Focking weird actually being sore there.
Yea. But it gives my body a short break that I never take lol.
Hmm. Crunches... Never do those. Cable crunches are pretty rough lol.

jaycuda

jaycuda

Awards
  • Established
Yea. But it gives my body a short break that I never take lol.
Hmm. Crunches... Never do those. Cable crunches are pretty rough lol.
No sure what they're called but it is like a seat without a back that locks your feet in. You go further back than usual crunches and it shreds your V imo.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No sure what they're called but it is like a seat without a back that locks your feet in. You go further back than usual crunches and it shreds your V imo.
Hehe. I just hate working abs. Unless it's helping me do walking handstands it's not worth it lol.
Low back though I do sldl, and good mornings. I'm trying to be a tank though.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Hehe. I just hate working abs. Unless it's helping me do walking handstands it's not worth it lol.
Low back though I do sldl, and good mornings. I'm trying to be a tank though.
working out abs sucks lol

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I work out abs... just do it with heavy weights.. reps not over 12. I cant stand high rep abs lower rep isn't bad, though.
I honestly don't do abs at all. Planks once in a while and ab wheel. But only for fun and to try beat down on buddies when I write workouts.

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I honestly don't do abs at all. Planks once in a while and ab wheel. But only for fun and to try beat down on buddies when I write workouts.
Sooner or later, that is gonna hang you on some of these Oly lifts, Core strength can be crucial and no, all those buffets do work your core=)

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sooner or later, that is gonna hang you on some of these Oly lifts, Core strength can be crucial and no, all those buffets do work your core=)
My abs are not week at all though. Tennis and judo help a lot. I don't train abs mainly because I use them so much during the training week that if I actually do any major training on them I don't think I can get under the bar for heavy squats. My new program won't be any better for iso ab work cept for my met cons. I guess if you count my met cons though I do abs almost everyday.

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My abs are not week at all though. Tennis and judo help a lot. I don't train abs mainly because I use them so much during the training week that if I actually do any major training on them I don't think I can get under the bar for heavy squats. My new program won't be any better for iso ab work cept for my met cons. I guess if you count my met cons though I do abs almost everyday.
Ok bro, fair enough.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nah. My chest is so huge... I bench once a month at most nowadays. Just get some triples at 295 and call it a day.
I'm confused is this a trapp man quote? Jk, you definitely are a beast...

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm confused is this a trapp man quote? Jk, you definitely are a beast...
Nah quite honestly the strength ratio is sad. I squat 305x3 and bench 295x3..
Granted I can bent over row 395x3... That's probably the most disproportionate thing.