Mattrag and whatever training

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I must say this week off has not hurt me as bad as I thought. Still looking pretty good no change really in body comp. Just getting in 1g protein per lbm and around 4000 Cals. Mostly fat cals though. Carbs are probably at 200-300 a day same with fats lol.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I must say this week off has not hurt me as bad as I thought. Still looking pretty good no change really in body comp. Just getting in 1g protein per lbm and around 4000 Cals. Mostly fat cals though. Carbs are probably at 200-300 a day same with fats lol.
What foods are giving you your higher fat content, out of curiosity?

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What foods are giving you your higher fat content, out of curiosity?
Meat fat. Japan doesn't sell lean meat unless it's fish. They just don't believe in it.
So mainly beef fat and pork fat.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Alright guys tomorrow I start my wonderful cycle.
Both in training and in ph lol.

Doing Greg Everett's beginner template with the "beach body" and some conditioning. The beach body work for me will be 5x5 using 2 lifts on MWF then adding in abs/low back everyday I train. Which will pan out to every day but Sunday. Also I will probably have a morning and evening training session day on wed and Thursday. And possibly Monday. Don't worry about overtraining as I have done this type of volume before. Plus most of my sessions are under an hour and usually I don't go beyond failure.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeahhhhhhhh buddy!

jaycuda

jaycuda

Awards
  • Established
Whats your cycle look like? You going to run M4OHN?

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Going to check out this new protocol you're starting...sounds like fun. Good luck bro.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looking forward to this new program man and seeing what it does for you. Good luck!

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Whats your cycle look like? You going to run M4OHN?
Gonna close up ultradrol cycle with m4ohn
Run dht through and dhea patches. :)
Thinking though if I don't get to 96kgs by week 3 I'm running pro tren instead.

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I gotta say going into week 6 of my run, hitting epi harder than I ever have, the DHEA patches have done a great job keeping lethargy away. I did bump to 2 patches a day around the start of week 5 if I recall. Hope it works out as well for you brotha!

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I gotta say going into week 6 of my run, hitting epi harder than I ever have, the DHEA patches have done a great job keeping lethargy away. I did bump to 2 patches a day around the start of week 5 if I recall. Hope it works out as well for you brotha!
Two a day? Hmm. I may need more patches lol.

Were you getting lethargic?
I'm hoping to hit the weights hard tomorrow. Did a warm up workout today. Some presses and front squats. Still got my flexibility at least.

emekajokammor

emekajokammor

Awards
Matt! How you liking that Ultradrol bro?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Matt just beast mode with the Ultradrol... cant wait to see how this goes for you.

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Two a day? Hmm. I may need more patches lol.

Were you getting lethargic?
I'm hoping to hit the weights hard tomorrow. Did a warm up workout today. Some presses and front squats. Still got my flexibility at least.
I was thinking some lethargy was starting to kick in when I bumpred the stano to 1000mg, so instead of waiting to let it jump on me, I went ahead and added the 2nd patch. POOF! ****s gone :)

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Hey Matt, what other orals have you ran?
Sorry if I missed but did you have any crazy sided with Ultradrol or was it smooth?

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey Matt, what other orals have you ran?
Sorry if I missed but did you have any crazy sided with Ultradrol or was it smooth?
The last time I ran udrol I had to cut my cycle short. But during those 2 weeks I had pretty much no sides. On super drol I had no sides, hdrol I was lethargic but it was my first cycle. Androhard solo is pretty much unnoticeable, though stacked with andro lean it's less of a "drag" lol.
Whatever is going on now though is great as libido is up up up.

Edit:
Doses for hdrol was
50/50/75/75/100/100

Mdrol
10/10/20/20/20

Ultradrol
12/16

Androhard and lean were just the 6 pills a day.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Matt just beast mode with the Ultradrol... cant wait to see how this goes for you.
Thx for stopping by kleen, gonna be a pretty good run. I want to figure out if I should stock up on this as well lol.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
The last time I ran udrol I had to cut my cycle short. But during those 2 weeks I had pretty much no sides. On super drol I had no sides, hdrol I was lethargic but it was my first cycle. Androhard solo is pretty much unnoticeable, though stacked with andro lean it's less of a "drag" lol.
Whatever is going on now though is great as libido is up up up.

Edit:
Doses for hdrol was
50/50/75/75/100/100

Mdrol
10/10/20/20/20

Ultradrol
12/16

Androhard and lean were just the 6 pills a day.
Good deal bud.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow had a long night gonna take a lot to push me through today's workout. Alb and some caffeine should do it. I hope lol. Nutrition has sucked. I didn't have time to cook so I've just had some bcaas so far... Work sucked lol.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yesterday hit some good squats

Front squat 135x10
185x5

Oly squat
265x4

Got some presses in this morning and hitting a dynamic dead and max effort bench day today fo kicks.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So lifts today were 135x10 for military press. Not bad as I have been mostly doing push presses and snatch presses lately.

Bench press
Worked up to 3x3 of 275
Kinda sad but I haven't gone ME on bench in over a month.
Did some dynamic deads then 5 sets of 10 on BW pull ups.

Kinda higher volume than I like but it was fun being pumped lol.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Noticeably my skin issue that flared up last time is back. So I'm gonna run the rest of this udrol bottle and just jump into the m4ohn and see if it's less harsh on whatever is causing this stuff. Granted it could just be timing as it has been in and off and seems to be unrelated to anything diet, stress, heat, dry skin... Regardless, I cant wait to run m4ohn. ;)

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today's workout is front squat 5RM plus rep work then bent over rows plus reps. Then some light shoulders to get my arms ready for tomorrows deadlifts session. Hopefully I can pull 345x5 without grips tomorrow hehe.

jaycuda

jaycuda

Awards
  • Established
Today's workout is front squat 5RM plus rep work then bent over rows plus reps. Then some light shoulders to get my arms ready for tomorrows deadlifts session. Hopefully I can pull 345x5 without grips tomorrow hehe.
How did the deads go?

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How did the deads go?
I was able to do the 195x5 after failing and only doing 195x2 the first top set.

But the deads on sat... Since I modified my deadlift a tad bit (pulling closer to my body) I could only comfortably pull 275x5. Was feeling my lower back kinda give a bit so I will go back to the drawing board on that. Main goal now is to add weight to the front squat every week.
Typhoon supposed to hit tomorrow..... How I am to get my food I don't know..... :(

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was able to do the 195x5 after failing and only doing 195x2 the first top set.

But the deads on sat... Since I modified my deadlift a tad bit (pulling closer to my body) I could only comfortably pull 275x5. Was feeling my lower back kinda give a bit so I will go back to the drawing board on that. Main goal now is to add weight to the front squat every week.
Typhoon supposed to hit tomorrow..... How I am to get my food I don't know..... :(
Drop you ass and rip you shins baby!

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Drop you ass and rip you shins baby!
Lol. First front squat almost came unracked when I went down the second time. Was really stiff up the right side it seems. Still working on getting it mobile in there. Still cant get the jerk grip right either. I have been just push pressing from the back lol.
Did 185x5 fronts then 275x5 for back squats.
295x5 for my bent over rows. Today hopefully I can train... Running out of food so I might not lift.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today I should he hitting some snatch tech work and maybe some pull ups. Looking kinda like I might be able to sneak in some sets in between the rain. Hurricane is on the way but I'm heavy enough, just gotta dodge the flying cars. Lol.

Should do some hang power cleans as well. Get the tech on catching it worked on.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yesterday rained and was a pretty bad day in general. Just did some rdls
275x5x3 and some ab work. (yes it's for you taman)

Today I'll hit squats pull ups and bench.

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yesterday rained and was a pretty bad day in general. Just did some rdls
275x5x3 and some ab work. (yes it's for you taman)

Today I'll hit squats pull ups and bench.
Awwwwwww, I feel special :)

275 is where I popped my right hammy doing those, was on set 3, shooting for 8 reps, went to pull #3 and felt a pop and it was like a cable coming unwound on the back of my leg from my knee up to just below my butt cheek. Do not want to go there again.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Woah, Ragudo!

Where the hell have you been hiding?

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Woah, Ragudo!

Where the hell have you been hiding?
Here lol. In my training hell. Haven't been much of anywhere online tbh.... Moving back to Hawaii in about 4 weeks so I have a lot of stuff I have to take care of.... So much....

Today will be another squat max day. Gonna try for 315x5 ATG oly squat. Then probably do some deads. Open up with shoulder presses as well.

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Easy with those ATG lol they make me cringe just thinking about it...especially at 315...good stuff bro.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Easy with those ATG lol they make me cringe just thinking about it...especially at 315...good stuff bro.
Yea going all the way down was rough. Only got 3 reps. Next week I'll try for 5. Front squat got 205x2 so next week I'll try for 5 on those as well. Yesterday had a schedule change so I will be doing my rep/assistance work today instead of taking a rest. Which is probably a good idea seeing yesterday I was completely fatigued after the squats.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Did some pull and good mornings with military presses

Pull ups
BWx10
BWx5
45x5x5

Good mornings
45x8
95x5
95x5
115x5
135x5
155x1 (too heavy!)

Shoulder press
45x10
95x8
95x8
115x8
135x8

Good stuff.

jaycuda

jaycuda

Awards
  • Established
Your volume is normally pretty low, how's that treating you?

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Your volume is normally pretty low, how's that treating you?
Pretty good. I don't really respond well to high volume unless it's done in infrequent short blocks. Or unless I'm trying to work on endurance. For example, when I was playing tennis and lifting 4x12 I was around 92kgs and was fatter than I am now. Granted three years of training definitely built me up to a leaner and bigger me. Last time I was on mdrol I also trained even less than I am now. Main thing on AAS IMO is resting and eating enough. Recomp is doable but you sac a bit in the realm of overall gains over time. I'm married so looking like a model is not my #1 priority. Though it shouldn't be anyones really... Unless they are trying to pick up dudes... being married I can safely say looks aren't everything lol

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Pretty good. I don't really respond well to high volume unless it's done in infrequent short blocks. Or unless I'm trying to work on endurance. For example, when I was playing tennis and lifting 4x12 I was around 92kgs and was fatter than I am now. Granted three years of training definitely built me up to a leaner and bigger me. Last time I was on mdrol I also trained even less than I am now. Main thing on AAS IMO is resting and eating enough. Recomp is doable but you sac a bit in the realm of overall gains over time. I'm married so looking like a model is not my #1 priority. Though it shouldn't be anyones really... Unless they are trying to pick up dudes... being married I can safely say looks aren't everything lol

Well said sir LOL

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well said sir LOL
Hehe. Thx. :)

Yesterday was pretty good, got a PR on front squats.

Shoulder press
145x5

Front squat
205x5(pr)

Back squat
315x4(pr)
I'm gonna take out back squats I think. I just can't get as deep without putting some mean stress on my back. Gonna build up with accessory stuff first and focus on my front squat more.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yesterday I went max effort for front squats.

45x2
45x2
45x5
135x5
185x5
205x5
225x4
225x4
225x4

Shoulder presses
45x10
95x5
135x5x3

Ez bar curls (for kicks)
70x10x4

Today I will most likely work deads and pulls.
Happy about the PRs though. :)

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yesterday I went max effort for front squats.

45x2
45x2
45x5
135x5
185x5
205x5
225x4
225x4
225x4

Shoulder presses
45x10
95x5
135x5x3

Ez bar curls (for kicks)
70x10x4

Today I will most likely work deads and pulls.
Happy about the PRs though. :)
Starting to catch me on those front squats big man!

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Starting to catch me on those front squats big man!
Tbh the limiting factor for me is the wrist flexibility and tightness of my lats pulling my elbows apart. I should hit 275 before I head to Hawaii in July. At least for a double.