• Established
Yesterday

shoulder presses

5x5 155

Front squats
5x5 155

Back squats
5x5 245

Deloading still now as I was getting pretty beat up in pct. But I should be out of it soon. Pretty much feel like I'm done. But gonna run it the full 4 weeks.
From august 1st we start the full oly template. ;)
Gotta go find me some oly shoes. Suggestions?

jaycuda

jaycuda

Awards
  • Established
Yesterday

shoulder presses

5x5 155

Front squats
5x5 155

Back squats
5x5 245

Deloading still now as I was getting pretty beat up in pct. But I should be out of it soon. Pretty much feel like I'm done. But gonna run it the full 4 weeks.
I like my Adidas Ironwork lll, I don't think they're made anymore but you should be able to find them online for around ~$100-120.

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yesterday

shoulder presses

5x5 155

Front squats
5x5 155

Back squats
5x5 245

Just my 2c: I like a good pair of wrestling shoes for squats and deads.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like my Adidas Ironwork lll, I don't think they're made anymore but you should be able to find them online for around ~$100-120.
Thinking of using the pendalay shoes. But those are pricey. Hmm. I doubt the sports authority carries any for me to try on either, of weightlifting shoes period.

Heard of Pyrros Dimas? That dude is amazing.

jaycuda

jaycuda

Awards
  • Established
Nope, they are flat with no heal elevation which is why I prefer them for leg work
It's nearly impossible to squat deep without a heel. Weird that you actually like no heels for a leg day

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's nearly impossible to squat deep without a heel. Weird that you actually like no heels for a leg day
Just must be what I am accustomed to. I would rather squat barefoot than with elevated heels.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Matt when the hell did you get back?

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey guys!! I got back last week! Ad I been getting back finally. helping my uncle now rebuilding his bathroom so I've been the all around handyman lol.

As far as lifting goes... OMFG, I hate and love being here. I wanna look good cause the gym is full of guys that have the huge arms etc, and the lean ripped dudes. While in Japan I was the biggest and leanest.... being like 12% BF at 210lbs... now I am just a blahlah lol...

What to do

Got my shoes!
Rogue weight lifting shoes!! Suggestions?

jaycuda

jaycuda

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys!! I got back last week! Ad I been getting back finally. helping my uncle now rebuilding his bathroom so I've been the all around handyman lol.

As far as lifting goes... OMFG, I hate and love being here. I wanna look good cause the gym is full of guys that have the huge arms etc, and the lean ripped dudes. While in Japan I was the biggest and leanest.... being like 12% BF at 210lbs... now I am just a blahlah lol...

What to do

Got my shoes!
Rogue weight lifting shoes!! Suggestions?
My suggestion is lift some weights

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah Matt quit being a puss and lift for once. 210 ain't nothin.

Oh and nice to see you came back to AM. As did I.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've been lifting every day, twice. And just started playing some tennis actually. It's pretty awesome lol

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
14x lifting sessions plus tennis? must be pinnin... :)

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nah. Just eating a lot, sleeping, and getting in around 1hr a day of stretching and mobility work lol. I'm not even on PH..
Me either :)

Mobility work is great. I have been staying flexible this time around. I have be sprinting lately and today I felt insane. Like when I was running sub 12 100s and 4.4 40s lol

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
so bros. It's been a long and hard journey back home. Mainly because I HATE not having a job. And I don't like having to shuffle priorities.
Anyway, I have also changed my training quite a bit and though my body comp has not changed at all, I am unhappy with it. Have my third interview today and it looks hopeful so with luck I will be employed sometime very soon. Hope you guys are all doing great and I will be here quite a bit more ;)

Take care!

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Goodluck Matt good to see you! Well chat soon.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
All right guys! Got hired. So I'm back on the supplement/training plan!
Hmm.. I'm thinking C20, modern BCAA (It's actually MUCH better than the last batch I had lol), Prime, and dexaprine v2. :D

Thinking I"m gonna do a pyramid type deal with some high intensity jerks every other day. Hmm.. Gotta get cracking. 5x5 always been good but the gym I go to now only has 2 racks, and like 2 benches... chances are very low that I will be able to hit them whenever I want....

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
All right guys! Got hired. So I'm back on the supplement/training plan!
Hmm.. I'm thinking C20, modern BCAA (It's actually MUCH better than the last batch I had lol), Prime, and dexaprine v2. :D

Thinking I"m gonna do a pyramid type deal with some high intensity jerks every other day. Hmm.. Gotta get cracking. 5x5 always been good but the gym I go to now only has 2 racks, and like 2 benches... chances are very low that I will be able to hit them whenever I want....
Sweet man congrats. Sounds sweet. Get working hard!

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
so getting back into pyramid type training here's what I did~

Close grip cable row

100x15
100x15
130x15
160x15
175x12
190x8
190x8
190x8 > 145x10

Pull ups
BWx5
BWx4
BWx3

Tricep pull downs
50x15
70x15
80x15
80x15
80x15

Hammer strength low back row
90x10
90x10
90x10

Hammer strength high back row
90x10
90x10

Over Head tricept extention
70x15
80x15
80x15
80x15

Run 20mins

Pretty rough day actually. Felt light headed and ready to puke.... haha. Higher volume is rough.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Note to self. Don't take c20 pre wo on an empty stomach.

Workout
Incline db press
60x10
70x10
80x10
85x10
90x6

Pinwheel curl
30x10
40x10
50x10
55x10
50x5

Decline cable x-over
27.5x15
32x12
32x12
32x12

Cable curls
50x10
60x10

10mins of cardio

Diet looks to be something like....

90g fat
250g protein
175g carbs
For around 2500 cals.

Should drop me quite a bit as I have been closing 4000 cals a day and maintaining weight.

Might hit the gym again tonight for cardio and legs.

jaycuda

jaycuda

Awards
  • Established
Glad to see the king of swole is back in action.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Glad to see the king of swole is back in action.
Been doing some oly lifting as well. Soon as I talk to my carpenter friend I'm getting a platform at home. :)
Basically just doing jerks, front squats and snatch deads. And practicing form with weightless bars.

jaycuda

jaycuda

Awards
  • Established
Been doing some oly lifting as well. Soon as I talk to my carpenter friend I'm getting a platform at home. :)
Basically just doing jerks, front squats and snatch deads. And practicing form with weightless bars.
I'm not too handy and I made my own 8 by 8 platform in my garage recently. I'm sure you're more than competent enough to make your own.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm not too handy and I made my own 8 by 8 platform in my garage recently. I'm sure you're more than competent enough to make your own.
Yea, I was thinking I could. But building an extension soon for me and the wife. Kinda gonna online the platform as well. Heheh.

emekajokammor

emekajokammor

Awards
Welcome back to the action brotha!

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Behind the neck Jerks

95x5
95x5
115x5
135x5
145x2
145x5
155x2
155x5

Arnold press

30x15
40x10
40x10
40x10

Hammer strength shoulder press

45x8
45x8

Shoulders were dead...

Pinwheel curls

35x10
40x10
45x10
50x10
55x10
50x5

Pull ups
BWx5
BWx5
BWx5
BWx5
BWx5

Kettle bell swings

35lb (heaviest at the gym) x20
35x20
35x20
35x20
35x20

Saturday

Leg extention

70x20
90x20
110x15
130x15
150x15
170x15
190x10
190x15> 170x8 > 150x8 > 130x8 > 110x10

Leg press

90x20
90x20
180x10
180x10
270x10
360x10
450x10
450x10
450x10

Calve press

360x20
400x20
400x20
400x20
400x20
400x20

kettle bell swings
35x20
35x20
35x20
35x20
35x20

All in all liking the higher volume and the added HIIT at the end.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey big guy! Good work lately.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey bros. just to give an update. Did the DTP trainer for mass and I must say, it's pretty nuts. I'm probably going to adapt some type of high volume training for now. And incorporate some HIIT. Full program later. ;)