Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subbed

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Nice work there bro, 100 pulls for time is some BA stuff.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice work there bro, 100 pulls for time is some BA stuff.
Heheh, It was good.
Today I did my OHP 3s

45x10
45x10
95x5
115x5
145x3
155x8 (PR)

Squats

115x10
115x10
135x5
185x5
225x5
235x5
235x5
235x5
235x5
235x5 (These were ass to ankles so very different from what I was doing previously of Sumo style squat. This is basically to prep for when I can do front squats)

Hang power cleans
135x5
135x3
135x5
135x3
135x5
135x5

Sadly my hang cleans are more muscled... gotta work on that. Seems from the ground I can just deadlift it and continue it all the way to receiving it in the power position, but if I take it above the knee I just muscle it up... Gotta work on that. I think tomorow I will do that.

Also, I realize now that I have allergies to BOTH eggs and whey... So my eggs are being banned from my diet, along with my protein bars that I had bought as portable nutrition. I think I will just stick to fats and my BCAAs. (Currently Purple Wraath) Hopefully when my mom gets here for a vacation there will be some thing I can eat w/o gluten... I found though that ALL meats cooked in any type of sauce/flavoring are BASED in flour here (and in most Asian cuisine) so that the flavor is better received by the food... man.. that blows. But I guess that would explain why there is always wheat in every single dish at every single restaurant I visit... And custom order... in Japan that just simply doesn't exist. You get what they serve you.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Too bad man food allergies SUCK!

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hmm. So anabeta ran out two days ago.

And I stopped exemestane as well. Started up what's left of bridge.
So basically the only non staple stuff I'm on ATM is albuterol and bridge.
I'm getting the new DHT PH by FRL/AMS so I will add that when I get back from vacation in June. Should be good. Seeing I am pretty far out of pct and my last run was only 2 weeks (emergency stop). I should get some good strength gains on it.
One thing I'm worried about is my joints are really acting up. Could be due to the added volume in cardio. I will try to see if it goes away somehow lol. Other than that today I will go for a Max effort dead lift and do some snatch work. :)

jaycuda

jaycuda

Awards
  • Established
Hmm. So anabeta ran out two days ago.

And I stopped exemestane as well. Started up what's left of bridge.
So basically the only non staple stuff I'm on ATM is albuterol and bridge.
I'm getting the new DHT PH by FRL/AMS so I will add that when I get back from vacation in June. Should be good. Seeing I am pretty far out of pct and my last run was only 2 weeks (emergency stop). I should get some good strength gains on it.
One thing I'm worried about is my joints are really acting up. Could be due to the added volume in cardio. I will try to see if it goes away somehow lol. Other than that today I will go for a Max effort dead lift and do some snatch work. :)
How good is your snatch?

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Matt, on the whole egg issue you are having. What happens when you eat eggs exactly? I have an egg intolerance and you may as well. If you have gotten vaccinations in the past you do not have an egg allergy because eggs are used in the process to make the vaccines. If you did you would have gone into shock. I can't even eat products with a little big of eggs mixed in, like with certain sauces. It sucks lol

jaycuda

jaycuda

Awards
  • Established
FREAKING HORRID! I am still learning on a gardening rod I bought at the local gardening store.... lol
Yeah start out light, and don't sacrifice form just to get a little bit more weight just to appease your ego. That was my issue starting out.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Matt, on the whole egg issue you are having. What happens when you eat eggs exactly? I have an egg intolerance and you may as well. If you have gotten vaccinations in the past you do not have an egg allergy because eggs are used in the process to make the vaccines. If you did you would have gone into shock. I can't even eat products with a little big of eggs mixed in, like with certain sauces. It sucks lol

Definitely not that bad, the allergic reaction is minor itching and mucus. Like I rarely ever get any type of congestion. About 1-3 hours after I eat eggs or whey I get congested, and itchy... it is definitely minor, but I don't like ANYTHING that will cause a disturbance in my body.

I have never liked mayonnaise though.. what's really interesting to me is that all the foods I never liked when I was young are foods that I seem to be reacting to very negatively now... Like when I was a kid I NEVER drank milk. I hated it. I would eat my Rice Crispys with no liquid. Also, never liked mayo in my sandwiches... hell never even liked the bread.... I honestly hate bread.. unless it's more butter than flour lol.

Sad thing about the egg issue though is that I miss the ArA from it....

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah start out light, and don't sacrifice form just to get a little bit more weight just to appease your ego. That was my issue starting out.
Yea... I am working really hard on my cleans too... I want to be able to really explode to get it into rack position versus just muscling it up... I always think, pull with the traps, rotate the elbows out to stop me from "pulling it" and jump the weight.

On a very happy note I was able to do a full front squat with the bar in the rack position!! Also, did a couple supported hand stand push ups. :D

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haha He said Snatch...

THat or could be the exemestane was lowering your Estro more than you anticipated.

Guess who's back for another log... Kleen's Queen! Come give her your support.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/redefine-nutrition/201841-kleensqueen-adds-mass.html
subbed in there bro!

I am wondering about low estro.. Any idea on the half life of exem? I've been off it for 4 days and my joints are clicking away lol. Even lowered the volume. Today I think I will do a 10x10 circuit. Kinda similar to what you and TG are doing. Just to give my joints a break from the weights.

jaycuda

jaycuda

Awards
  • Established
Yea... I am working really hard on my cleans too... I want to be able to really explode to get it into rack position versus just muscling it up... I always think, pull with the traps, rotate the elbows out to stop me from "pulling it" and jump the weight.

On a very happy note I was able to do a full front squat with the bar in the rack position!! Also, did a couple supported hand stand push ups. :D
Congrats man, I should probably focus on technique more again. I 'whip' more than I jump/explode up, especially with my snatches.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Congrats man, I should probably focus on technique more again. I 'whip' more than I jump/explode up, especially with my snatches.
well I think it's a combination of the two but I need to work on both for sure..

BTW donny shankle is a MONSTER

[video=youtube;xdhOdJ_NVao]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdhOdJ_NVao[/video]

jaycuda

jaycuda

Awards
  • Established
well I think it's a combination of the two but I need to work on both for sure..

BTW donny shankle is a MONSTER

[video=youtube;xdhOdJ_NVao]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdhOdJ_NVao[/video]
Yeah he's a beast on the national level, he gets sh*t on internationally though.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah he's a beast on the national level, he gets sh*t on internationally though.
makes sense... there are like 200 american weight lifters... while there are like 2 million to pull from in probably Russia alone...

jaycuda

jaycuda

Awards
  • Established
makes sense... there are like 200 american weight lifters... while there are like 2 million to pull from in probably Russia alone...
Check out Dmitry Klokov, guy's a monster. It is disgusting.

jaycuda

jaycuda

Awards
  • Established
yea checked out his stuff on youtube as well... he is a MONSTER. completely ripped up too lol.
And especially since he weighs over 230 lol. The chinese 77kg lifters are ripped through their f***ing skulls though.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
And especially since he weighs over 230 lol. The chinese 77kg lifters are ripped through their f***ing skulls though.
holy shiet! He is 230? He better be like 6'2".... my god...

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
He's like 5"10 and competes in the 105kg weight class haha
I pray he is using roids ...for my sanity's sake. Though I doubt it seeing the olympics pics tested...
Man, what does he eat lol.

jaycuda

jaycuda

Awards
  • Established
I pray he is using roids ...for my sanity's sake. Though I doubt it seeing the olympics pics tested...
Man, what does he eat lol.
Other countries aren't as strict on their lifters about steroids, like the US is, because they want to beat the US that badly. A lot of people claim every lifter competing in the Olympic not from the US is taking steroids but I'm sure a lot of those rumors are false and created because people don't want to admit we're losing.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Other countries aren't as strict on their lifters about steroids, like the US is, because they want to beat the US that badly. A lot of people claim every lifter competing in the Olympic not from the US is taking steroids but I'm sure a lot of those rumors are false and created because people don't want to admit we're losing.
HAhaha. Yea, I was thinking that.

jaycuda

jaycuda

Awards
  • Established
HAhaha. Yea, I was thinking that.
Yeah, I'm pretty neutral on the matter. I mean, it definitely seems likely that they use to average people, but I'd like to believe some people are naturally(I mean, they do get to lift full-time) built like Klokov.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, I'm pretty neutral on the matter. I mean, it definitely seems likely that they use to average people, but I'd like to believe some people are naturally(I mean, they do get to lift full-time) built like Klokov.
Yea. I would think some can... But honestly, if you could use... I can't see it hurting. (just doing test).

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Man that guy was a beast. I have never really trained many of those lifts.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Man that guy was a beast. I have never really trained many of those lifts.
Ya. Here most members are training to look amazing and be in better health/shape. Athletes and pro bb'ers are probably not in the best of shape health wise.... Kinda like burning the candle at the speed of a blow torch lol. But that's their profession. And their passion. I have always lifted for physique change. I feel that was my limiting actor in my early days of tennis. Now I train explosively and do a lot of mobility and activation workouts. I feel a lot lighter on my feet and in control of my body. But I'm not as big and probably lost a couple pounds of muscle. But then again I'm stronger. (not that I was strong before though lol)

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Interesting lifts this past week

255 ATG high bar oly squats 6 sets of 5 reps.

165x5 for 5 sets of push presses

305x5 conventional deadlift on my max effort dead day.

3sets of 5 for weighted pull ups @ 45lbs.

Cleans I'm still working technique...

Snatches... Omfg... I can't even catch it in the right position... Let alone do an OH squat.. Flexibility is pure crap. Joints are really dying lol.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Trained at the gym.. Fcking love it... Wish I could lift that way at home....

Warmed up with some bench and pull ups.
Moved to push presses.

45x5
95x5
115x5
135x5
155x5
165x3
175x3
185x3
195x2
205x1 ( failed the double)

Deads

135x5 135x5
185x5
225x5
275x3
305x3
305x3
305x3

Met Con

Plate over head 1min
Plank 1 min

3 rounds 45lb plate used.

Then did some minor rotator cuff work and some stretches.

Good stuff.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This week I've decided to focus on front squats and getting too a full clean position.

Probably work abs a bit more as I feel they are lacking. Still looking lean. My daily macro intake floats around:

100g fat
200g protein
150-400g carbs.
I add in about 25-30g bcaas as well.

Sadly I'm not running anything hormonal yet....

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How long do you have before you do another hormonal run?

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think my next cycle will be trenazone and dht.
I want to run m4ohn but man that stuff is pricey. A 40 day cycle will run me around $90. We shall see though as I might be able to swing it.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Workout for today

Front squats
45x10
95x5
95x5
115x5
135x5
145x5
165x5
175x3
185x5 (PR)

Back squat
135x5
185x5
225x5
265x3
265x3
265x3
265x3
265x3
265x3 (PR)

RDL
135x5
135x10
135x10
185x5
185x5
185x5

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Workout for today

Front squats
45x10
95x5
95x5
115x5
135x5
145x5
165x5
175x3
185x5 (PR)

Back squat
135x5
185x5
225x5
265x3
265x3
265x3
265x3
265x3
265x3 (PR)

RDL
135x5
135x10
135x10
185x5
185x5
185x5

I was amazed at a question I asked myself last Friday. I was about to hit my weighted back extensions after DL's and Front Squats and wondered if I would "rather do RDL's"? I have never ever thought of RDL's as being the lesser of two evils, but there it was. I did the extensions anyways.

jaycuda

jaycuda

Awards
  • Established
I do back extensions at the end of every other workout, crunches at the end of the others.

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I do back extensions at the end of every other workout, crunches at the end of the others.
(Not ego tripping here) I hit my most recently while holding a 95# DB to my chest, I just don't care for the way they make my lower back and hips feel, but this has improved of late.

jaycuda

jaycuda

Awards
  • Established
(Not ego tripping here) I hit my most recently while holding a 95# DB to my chest, I just don't care for the way they make my lower back and hips feel, but this has improved of late.
Impressive. I've been thinking about doing crunches and back extensions like other exercises. Go heavy for 8-12 reps for 3-5 sets instead of a ton of reps.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Impressive. I've been thinking about doing crunches and back extensions like other exercises. Go heavy for 8-12 reps for 3-5 sets instead of a ton of reps.
That's how they should be done and standing cable crunches are going to better carryover to increasing core strength compared to crunches on the ground. A set of hypers with just BW is boring and unproductive (unless it's used as a warm-up), but a set of 10-12 while holding 3 plates will hit the posterior chain from the lumbar down.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I do both back extensions and crunches with heavy weights (10 - 15 reps usually). The core is like every other muscle why would you train it with 30+ reps when you wouldn't train your chest or back that way.

jaycuda

jaycuda

Awards
  • Established
That's how they should be done and standing cable crunches are going to better carryover to increasing core strength compared to crunches on the ground. A set of hypers with just BW is boring and unproductive (unless it's used as a warm-up), but a set of 10-12 while holding 3 plates will hit the posterior chain from the lumbar down.
Glad to hear that from you, I'll start using actual weight starting tomorrow's workout.

jaycuda

jaycuda

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I do both back extensions and crunches with heavy weights (10 - 15 reps usually). The core is like every other muscle why would you train it with 30+ reps when you wouldn't train your chest or back that way.
Your avatar makes me happy.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Would you suggest to do good mornings or RDLs? As a lower back strengthener.
I workout at home so I don't really have a back extension platform.

I think I should do what you do jay, rotate lower back with abs. I'll do some planks today.