Mass Adipocide! (Partially-Sponsored, Joint Log)

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Okay thanks for the feedback..very interested in where this take you guys :cheers:

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I don't think either of us have tried Meltdown. I've tried X-Force, Shed Matrix, REDuction and Lg's SV2. I'm not sure how they all compare to Alpha T-2, it's a bit too early to tell. It looks to me like I've lost a little bit of fat this week, although the scale doesn't show any difference this morning.
hahaha, i told you better sleep was coming, lol.

btw i had same effect of looking leaner but no weight loss 1st week-2nd week weigh in showed -4lbs.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
BW or Resolve, have either of you tried Meltdown? If so, how would you compare them as far as fat burning?
Nah, man. I'm not a fan of VPX. Nothing against them, but they're just overpriced, IMO.

hahaha, i told you better sleep was coming, lol.

btw i had same effect of looking leaner but no weight loss 1st week-2nd week weigh in showed -4lbs.
It's odd, I've actually been having a bit of difficulty falling asleep, but what sleep I do get is very restful.

Also, I'm down one lb this morning. Definitely feeling like you say though - leaner without much weight-loss.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Nah, man. I'm not a fan of VPX. Nothing against them, but they're just overpriced, IMO.

It's odd, I've actually been having a bit of difficulty falling asleep, but what sleep I do get is very restful.

Also, I'm down one lb this morning. Definitely feeling like you say though - leaner without much weight-loss.
2nd week is where weigh-in results happened for me-be patient they are coming.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Daily Update 6
So, yesterday (day 5) was an off day. Low Carb, low cal, nothing too exciting. Today, however, I felt refreshed and recovered - a cheat day followed by a rest day made for good recuperation.

T2: BW is saying I'm more laid back and less hot-headed than normal. Hm, improved thyroid levels --> better mood. Makes sense to me. Sittin' in my 70 degree bedroom, eatin' some homemade chili, sweatin' like it 90.
Also, I have to say, that T2 stacked with ASGT is AMAZING. I took them both simultaneously ~1hr pre-workout and the synergy was simply phenomenal. I plan on repeating this tomorrow.

E-911: Haven't had a cup of caffeinated coffee since starting this stuff, and don't miss it one bit. The taste is strong, but pleasant, and it wakes you up just so darn well. I gave a lecture first thing this morning, and was complemented several times on my enthusiasm and energy. Nice. Coupled with T2, I felt like a fat-burning, science-teaching mofo.

Workout 6: Giant/Tri-Set Push Day

Giant Set: Legs: 5sets, 2-3reps per lift, minimal rest between lifts, 1-2min btwn sets
1/2 Pin Squat:
Olympic Front Squat: 275
Low-Bar Back Squat: 275
Unilateral, Standing DB Calves: 80
This giant set is murder. Going through 3 squat variations with such high load as fast as possible sends your heart rate through the roof. Note that it's "minimal rest" between lifts, not "No rest." Taking 5-10 deep breaths between movements is the only thing that allowed me to maintain form and intensity. I was dripping when finished, but so revved up it was awesome. Ready for the onslaught to continue!

Tri-set: Chest: 4sets, 2-5reps per lift, no rest between lifts, 1-2min rest
Floor Press:
Floor Fly: 80s w/3sec Eccentric
Incline DB Press: 100s
I focus on each rep as if it were a single - attempting to make it as forceful and contractile as possible. Squeeze at the top, lower under control, pause at bottom and explode it up like a cannon. Pump was genuinely superb.

Tri-set: Triceps: 4sets, 3-5reps, no rest, 1-2min rest
Weighted Dips:
70x3, 80x3, 90x3, 90x3
Floor DB Exts: 60s
Straight-bar Cable Exts: 100
This is how you destroy the backs of your arms. Not bad considering I had no spotter. I could've gone heavier on the dips, but with BW being at work, I didn't want to push myself to my limits without a spotter. And, coupled with the other two lifts, those dips prove definitely sufficient.

My CNS felt responsive and elastic for the duration; i.e. the mind-muscle connection was very much prevalent and exploited. I love that feeling, and it is part of the reason why I love low-rep sets so much - I can really make every single rep count. It's quality over quantity.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hardcore workout bro. I like the set-up with the Giant Sets and Tri-Sets. Good stuff to up the intensity!!!:twisted:

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
agreed with TG. those are some great numbers, and glad to hear the lecture went well

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hardcore workout bro. I like the set-up with the Giant Sets and Tri-Sets. Good stuff to up the intensity!!!:twisted:
Thanks man - I am loving this routine!

agreed with TG. those are some great numbers, and glad to hear the lecture went well
Yeah, it was no big deal - a bunch of sciency stuff that only a nerd like me would care about. But it's nice when you're speaking publicly and don't feel like you're making a fool of yourself.:silly:

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
hey man I like the science stuff... just not all that good at it! LOL

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Day 6, Night 6 of lApha-2T

Energy:

My energy levels were through the roof for most of the afternoon. I took an E-911 before going into work and my energy remained high for most of the time. It was an unusually stressful day though, and I'm sure my cortisol levels were through the roof. Once I got home I crashed, was utterly exhausted. Alpha-T2 definitely helps keep me feeling awake all day and when stacked with an energy supp it's even better.

Sleep

With T2 I notice that I can get less sleep throughout the week and and wake up doing fine most of the time. Last night, after a week of little sleep, I slept deeply for nearly 12 hours- feeling much refreshed today. I needed that to catch up on my rest!

Fat loss:

Woke up today and weighed in at 167 lb. I am looking and feeling a lot leaner. 2-3 lb difference in the first week is good. I know that I can get down to about 160 lb without losing muscle, and while I'm not focusing on weight loss, it is good to know how many pounds of fat I'd like to lose.

Workout:

I did a full body circuit for 15 minutes yesterday. My legs and abs were burning from jump squats, split jacks, static squats, mountain climbers, etc. I was completely out of breath and had to stop a couple times to catch my breath. I'm just not used to this kind of cardio- but that's good. It will help me lose fat!

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hardcore workout from you as well BW!! Very intense. Time to get shredded for summer!!! :head:

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hardcore workout from you as well BW!! Very intense. Time to get shredded for summer!!! :head:

I've got Clean and Press + Pull Ups today... Now that's gonna be some good fat shredding activity. :)

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: that's just wrong

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Day 7

Energy:

Energy has been so-so today. I have been feeling particularly stimmed out and a stressed, which made it a bit difficult to focus while I was lifting. I felt held back a little bit psychologically during my gym session. I'm cutting back on my consumption of stims for the next few days, and I may back my dose of 3 caps of A-T2 down to only 2 a day, until my stress levels and hormones level out.

Workout:

BB Clean and Press:

3x3: 85 lb, 105, 115
1+1: 120
3x2 : 115 lb

Narrow Grip Supinated Pull Ups:

2x6, 1x5: BW
1x5: BW+ 10lb <PR
1x3: BW +20 lb < PR! I've never pulled more than my own body weight w/ Pull Ups.

Overhead Lunges

4x10 each leg: BW + 35 lb plate held overhead

Cable Lat Raises:

3x10: 10 lbs

DB Front Raise:

4x10: 10 lb

Anadraulic State GT:

I took 2 scoops of AS pre workout with my second cap of A-T2, as Resolve had suggested. About 15 minutes after dosing I noticed that my temp went up and I started feeling quite wired. By the time I got to the gym I was full of energy-almost too much. I was a bit shaky and my stomach was a little upset the entire time, particularly during my chin ups. I pushed through it, nevertheless, and even went far enough to set a big PR with my Pull Ups.

Clean and Press

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
bahah priceless

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 7: A WORKOUT FOR THE HISTORY BOOKS

Today. Was. Awesome. I pulled more weight off the floor than I have ever moved in my life. It was exhilirating. The guy next to me asked why I wasn't using a belt and I tried explaining to him what a belt is meant for, but I don't think it did any good. He was doing half squats with that terrible "Legs-stuck-way-out-in-front" stance that is only possible in the smith machine. Still, it put ZERO damper on what I had just accomplished - here, now, on a large calorie deficit, my back and posterior chain is the strongest it's ever been. :head:

T2: YES! For the sake of all that is good and holy, stack it with ASGT! BW thought it was borderline too much, but I can't recall a more effective pre-workout combo. Still sweating my butt off with the morning dose and loving it. Noticing the increase in body temp mainly after a meal - I eat and I get hot. Also, the positive attitude I've been sporting since starting this stuff is very reminiscent of how T-911 effected me. I have no idea what hormonal correlation the two could possibly have, if any (it's probably two entirely different cellular programs resulting in the same outcome), but it's pleasant just the same.

E-911: Honestly, I feel more like ASGT is the star here. While I'm enjoying E-911, I'm also using it pretty sparingly. It stacks well with T2, is more effective than my standard morning coffee and leaves my mouth fresh and minty (you know, so the rats I kill don't get offended by any bad breath prior to their "sacrifice"). Still, ASGT is the homerun here. Seriously, I'm considering replacing the morning E-911 with another scoop for a couple of days to see how that goes.

THE MOST WORSHIPFUL WORKOUT:

Deads: 405x3, 455x1, 495x1, 515x1, 525x1 (BOOM! PR!)
Setting a DL PR is huge for me. I broke 500 only a few months ago (prior to that I was stuck at exactly 500) and to see continual progress like this is fantastic. My form felt perfect and fluid, my lockout held for a good 3sec with each single. MMM, 525 baby!

Weighted Chins: +70x3, +80x3, +90x3, +115x3, Bodyweight x13
Added another rep with 115, up from two last week. Good solid progress.

DB Rows: 100x20, x16, x12+4
Bah! My grip was SHOT. Just hanging on to the darn DB became my sole focus here. Up a total of 2reps over last week, but still had set the DB down momentarily on my last set to re-grab the thing.

Accessory Lifts:
Lying Leg Curls:
110x10, 120x10, 140x10, 155x10, 170x10
Seated Incline Hammer Curls: 60x15, x12, x12
DB Curl Drop-Set: 60x5 +40x5 +30x5 +20x5 - repeated twice

Tomorrow's a rest day. I've earned it. :D

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 7: A WORKOUT FOR THE HISTORY BOOKS

Today. Was. Awesome. I pulled more weight off the floor than I have ever moved in my life. It was exhilirating.
THE MOST WORSHIPFUL WORKOUT:

Deads: 405x3, 455x1, 495x1, 515x1, 525x1 (BOOM! PR!)
Setting a DL PR is huge for me. I broke 500 only a few months ago (prior to that I was stuck at exactly 500) and to see continual progress like this is fantastic. My form felt perfect and fluid, my lockout held for a good 3sec with each single. MMM, 525 baby!

Weighted Chins: +70x3, +80x3, +90x3, +115x3, Bodyweight x13
Added another rep with 115, up from two last week. Good solid progress.

DB Rows: 100x20, x16, x12+4
Bah! My grip was SHOT. Just hanging on to the darn DB became my sole focus here. Up a total of 2reps over last week, but still had set the DB down momentarily on my last set to re-grab the thing.

Accessory Lifts:
Lying Leg Curls:
110x10, 120x10, 140x10, 155x10, 170x10
Seated Incline Hammer Curls: 60x15, x12, x12
DB Curl Drop-Set: 60x5 +40x5 +30x5 +20x5 - repeated twice

Tomorrow's a rest day. I've earned it. :D
:clap2: Congrats on the big deadlift dude!!! I can feel the enthusiasm brimming from your post. I'm basking in your glorious accomplishment. I feel as though I was there with you........lifting it by proxy!!! :head:

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Definitely try another scoop. I'm on 3 right now and zoooomggg! Chaaaaa!

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
way to kill it big man. Some serious weight there, and to be able to grip that 100 after all those dead??? way to go bro!!!

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 9

I am beat, though filled with large satisfaction. In the course of the past two workouts, I broke all 3 of my "big lift" PRs, and then some. I am very surprised at this increase in strength while I'm on such a large calorie deficit (between 700-1000 on most days). As you might imagine, this puts the products I'm currently using in very high regard.

T2: I'm realizing that you can "feel" this most when used in conjunction with a full-on stim. When I dose just 1 or 2 caps of T2, my temp may increase somewhat, but nowhere near as much as when combined with some caffeinated-formula.

E-911: That caffeinated formula is where E-911 comes in. While there are plenty of stims on the market, this is what I'm using and it synergizes oh so well with T2. E-911 kinda flies under the radar, but it more than holds its own. As I've stated before, ASGT is better as an all around "Conquer-The-World" Supp, whereas E-911 is more of a Cerebral boost.

Workout: PL Push-Day

Olympic Front Squats: 225x5, 275x3, 295x1, 315x1, 335x0, 335x1 (PR!)
Well, there's one PR - the most I've ever front-squatted. Yeah, I missed the first attempt; went down, hit the pins and stayed there. Which of course, pissed me off, so on the retry I made the rep with ease. Decided to ditch the back-off sets today and focus strictly on my maximal movements.

Power Bench: 225x5, 275x3, 295x1, 315x1, 335x1, 365x1(PR!)
I was on a roll. First squats, now bench. The most I've ever moved. EVER. 365!

Push Press: 205x3, 225x1, 245x0, 245x1 (PR!)
Um. Yeah, so today I LIFTED MY BODYWEIGHT OVER MY HEAD. That's new. I hate missing reps, and really try to avoid it, but failed one attempt here as well.

Accessory Lifts:
Unilateral Leg Exts:
85 for 6x20
Leg Press Machine Calves: 90 for 6x12
Supra-bar Cable Exts: 110 for 6x12

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Your front squats are ridiculous

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd love to comment, but since I don't really work out at all, I doubt my critique would be useful. :p

Awesome workout, Resolve! Nice job bud. I can't wait to hit Quads/Traps tomorrow after seeing that routine of yours. I'm on vacation in Omaha right now, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to get a sesh in!!!

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
[ I broke all 3 of my "big lift" PRs, and then some.

Olympic Front Squats: 225x5, 275x3, 295x1, 315x1, 335x0, 335x1 (PR!)Well, there's one PR - the most I've ever front-squatted.Power Bench: 225x5, 275x3, 295x1, 315x1, 335x1, 365x1(PR!)I was on a roll. First squats, now bench. The most I've ever moved. EVER. 365!
:notworthy: Bow to the new Prince Of PR's!!
On your knees, dogs!!

What did I say? Bow!!!!

:bow28:

Seriously, great job big man. I'm so stoked for you. I'm gonna smash some iron in your honor this very morning my warrior-brother!!!:hammer:

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dude u r a facking front squatting monster!
Your front squats are ridiculous
Gracias, gentlemen. I've been focusing on my front squat for ~6months now, using back squats only as an accessory lift. I'm very much enjoying it - there's a certain subtle "art" to the front squat that is really difficult to master. The carry-over onto Deads is great - a strong front squat = a stronger deadlift.

I'd love to comment, but since I don't really work out at all, I doubt my critique would be useful. :p

Awesome workout, Resolve! Nice job bud. I can't wait to hit Quads/Traps tomorrow after seeing that routine of yours. I'm on vacation in Omaha right now, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to get a sesh in!!!
Yeah, you don't lift at all. :rolleyes: Guys, IC is the reason I switched to Front Squats in the first place - we were talking about how cool they were and he inspired me. :D

Omaha? What's in Omaha other than corn? ;)

:notworthy: Bow to the new Prince Of PR's!!
On your knees, dogs!!

What did I say? Bow!!!!

Seriously, great job big man. I'm so stoked for you. I'm gonna smash some iron in your honor this very morning my warrior-brother!!!:hammer:
I don't know about the bowing, considering the numbers you've been moving in your log (Good lord there's a reason why your name is thunderGOD), but I definitely appreciate the nod! Can't wait to see what crazy weight you lifted just for me man.

Hit up the gym again this morning - more of a "back-off" fun day today, but a great session none the less. I'll update on it later.

BW's gotta get here lifts from yesterday up in here too - Chica's being lazy! :p

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Day 9 & Night 9

Energy:

Energy was pretty strong yesterday! cutting out the stims has helped keep my anxiety down, and Alpha T-2 has continued to provide a sufficient flow of energy when I need it.

Sleep

Sleep was great again last night. I've had no trouble sleeping this past week, and have continued to wake up very refreshed each morning. Before I started AT-2 I was actually having difficulty going into a deep sleep. It is so nice to have no problems with that right now. It's been helping with recovery and energy every day.

Workout:

BB Back Squats: 4x8: 135, 155, 165, 165 lb

Supersetted w/ Push ups: 3x10, 2x15

Bent BB Rows: 4x5: 95, 105, 110, 115lb < PR

Supersetted w/ Step Ups: 4x10: BW + 25 lb plate

I did several bicep curls and some tricep work After completing these movements. I was very happy with my bent rows- I'm continuing to make good progress. :D

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

You are teh weak.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Omaha? What's in Omaha other than corn? ;)
This is where my sister and her husband live. Out here visiting them and my two nephews. :)

Great job on those BB Rows, BW! I'm going to be heading out for my sesh in about 45mins. Can't wait! - I upped my Natadrol to 8 caps a couple days ago. Really starting to get the aggression now.

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Chaaaabammmmmmmm 525x1! whew whew big man:D and congrats BW for 115 on BB rows:D..

Well BW when the time comes and make it down there, looks like i'll be working out with you:D!

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Days 10 & 11

Boy, busy weekend. Gonna do nothing but lay around like a stoned hobo today, hurray! The workouts from the last 2 days were nothing to really write home about, so I'll just give a quick recap, and then return to my normal mode of action Monday.

T2: Holding steady. Not much new to report, but I am looking leaner in all extremities and a bit in the midsection too.

E-911: Same here: nothing you haven't already heard. However, I can't help but think of "Chef's Chocolate Salty Balls" everytime I take one - "LG's Minty Fresh Balls". Put 'em in your mouth and suck 'em; they'll wake you up!

Day 10: This workout had a general conditioning focus - giant sets etc. I worked up to 100x3 on one-arm DB swings, and tried rack pulls for the first time ever. Made 565 on a knee-level pull, but had to use straps. Those things really hammer your hammies and glutes. Toss in some curls, some wide-grip pull-ups and external rotations and I was good to go.

Day 11: Ahh, my shoulder giant set day, I love it so. Made progress here - my Overhead Partials were at 205 as well as the push-press, and both front and lateral raises were done with 50s. Try doing all those back-to-back with no rest sometime, it's crazy. Switched from Overhead Split Squats to regular split squats - hits the legs better, then finished up with some incline press and flies. This routine took a bit longer than I would have liked, and I was pretty beat when finished. That's why I have rest days.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Day 10 & 11

Energy:

Energy has continued to remain high, even with out any additional stimulants. I'm going to keep it this way, unless I feel that I really need a boost.

Fat Loss:

It's still going well, nothing new to note. I had a cheat meal this last weekend and I have a bit of water retention from that still, but nothing unusual.

Day 10 Workout:

Deadlifts:
5x3: 135, 185, 195, 205, 215

Dips:
5x3: BW, +25, 25, 35, 35

DB Shoulder Press:
4x10: 37.5, 40, 45 x2

Split Squats:
4x10: 25 lbx3, 50 lb

I added some other accessory movements that don't really need to be noted.

Day 11 Workout:

BB Flat Bench:
4x3 95, 115, 135, 135,
2x10: 95

Front Squats:
4x10: 90 lb

Rows:
5x5: 45, 55x4

Cable Face Pulls:
4x10: 50, 60 x3

My chest was pretty tired from my last workouts before I went in to do Bench or even Dips on Day 10. It really helped to loosen up all the surrounding muscles when I worked them out hard and I have no soreness today. :)

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great workouts from both of you. Congrats. :clap2:

Consistency is the key and you guys are always on it.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Day 10 & 11

Energy:

Energy has continued to remain high, even with out any additional stimulants. I'm going to keep it this way, unless I feel that I really need a boost.

kind of surprised you haven't had a bout of lethargy. my energy has returned now, but for a few days there i was really dragging-even with the eca!

btw-the sweating has diminished some also-you noticed this yet? i upped the dose to 2 caps 2xday.

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
good job you two, and ending that crazy lift WITH chest!!! WOW

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
kind of surprised you haven't had a bout of lethargy. my energy has returned now, but for a few days there i was really dragging-even with the eca!

btw-the sweating has diminished some also-you noticed this yet? i upped the dose to 2 caps 2xday.
Sweating has definitely decreased - mainly notice it in my hands and feet now.

Haven't had an issue with lethargy at all. I'll get tired towards the end of a work day, but that's normal.

good job you two, and ending that crazy lift WITH chest!!! WOW
:lol: Well, chest had the easiest superset that day and, believe me, getting to finally lay down on a bench is a great feeling after the intense routine that preceded it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 2
lincoln.prtg Nutrition / Health 11
akboom87 General Chat 19
p4pbeast Supplements 62
p4pbeast Supplements 0