Massage gun

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Curious if any of you guys use these and any recommendations? One of the guys at work brought one into work and I tried it out on my inner elbows, felt pretty amazing. It was like 400 bucks at scheels. See some on Amazon 40-200 range. So just curious if anyone has any recommendations and if some of the cheaper ones are decent.

PFlowReborn

PFlowReborn

Awards
Curious if any of you guys use these and any recommendations? One of the guys at work brought one into work and I tried it out on my inner elbows, felt pretty amazing. It was like 400 bucks at scheels. See some on Amazon 40-200 range. So just curious if anyone has any recommendations and if some of the cheaper ones are decent.
I've had a hyperice, hypervolt 2 is now only $199 for a couple years and this thing has saved my back a few times and got wife and I through some.nasty injuries and allow you get range of motion and heal faster. https://hyperice.com/products/?product-type=hypervolt

Looks like the pro is $299 which is great as the regular version 2 used to cost that.

Edit no joke - I've had some mid and lower back spasms where with wife using the hyperice on me I was able to take Flexeril and get back at work same day, without the hyperice I'd be laid up in bed on more pain killers and Flexeril unable to unlock the back spasm.and wait it out.. worth their weight on gold if you get a good one and have such issues.

Last edited:
Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Bought a 30 dollar one at Burlington that’s going strong for 3 years. It has a very high rpm rate.

AwakeningAlpha

AwakeningAlpha

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Have a knock off that sucks and so I sprung for the Hypervolt. Its pretty great. My gym has their entire line for member use. The gun and roller are awesome the ball not so much.

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I won a generic at work for holiday party raffle. It’s still in the box. If there was an award for procrastination………….

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I used to think these things were such gimmicky crap until my parents had me use their foot massager and I have to admit, it hit everything awesome, especially the heals (plantar issues). Now I'm in the market, lol.

Bought a 30 dollar one at Burlington that’s going strong for 3 years. It has a very high rpm rate.
I've seen a few pop up in that price range at places like Burlington or Kohls and wondered if they were any good.

Uncle_E

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
You can buy a set of the attachments that will fit a battery powered saw -that’s going to be the cheapest, most powerful setup. But it can be loud.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Sorry for the late reply, been under the weather.
This is the one I was eyeing On Amazon plus I have a gift card to use lol

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I would definitely dig into the negative reviews section of the reviews on that. Unfortunately 85% of the reviewing idiots will give a 5 star because it was shipped quickly, or packaging was nice... That or review it on day 1 or after 1 use...

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
just for a comparison in regards to results and reviews etc in this industry, my parents machine is incredibly similar to this (might be the same one) and my mind was blown by how well it worked the feet.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I would definitely dig into the negative reviews section of the reviews on that. Unfortunately 85% of the reviewing idiots will give a 5 star because it was shipped quickly, or packaging was nice... That or review it on day 1 or after 1 use...
That’s the trouble most of the good reviews are more along that lines. The bad reviews are it quits charging, that seems to be the number 1 issue. Then you have to wonder how many of these are user error of some sorts.

even reading some of the reviews for ones 2-300 that is the biggest complaint is either not taking a charge or not holding a charge.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That’s the trouble most of the good reviews are more along that lines. The bad reviews are it quits charging, that seems to be the number 1 issue. Then you have to wonder how many of these are user error of some sorts.

even reading some of the reviews for ones 2-300 that is the biggest complaint is either not taking a charge or not holding a charge.
I don't know if that one was the brand my wife got me last year but I only used it three times and then it stopped working, it had a ton of accessory pieces too. I would charge it for days then try to use it and it would do about 100 week pulses and then peter out. So not sure, but it made me leery enough I decided the next one I got would be a name brand or one with a lot of good reviews from people who had used it a little while. To be fair if the seller has a good rating then you can probably return it if that happens but my wife bought it a couple months early on some big sale she saw somewhere. She saw me researching them and thought it would be a great gift. it would have been if it kept working.

Jensing

Awards
I got my wife a cheap one for Christmas. We've used it probably 10-15 times already for 10-15 minutes each time. The charge lasts for several days and works well. I think I got it off Walmart for like $40.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I got my wife a cheap one for Christmas. We've used it probably 10-15 times already for 10-15 minutes each time. The charge lasts for several days and works well. I think I got it off Walmart for like $40.
I think the quality of some of the knockoffs is getting better, or should be by now as higher end products have improved and their old parts get cheaper, the knockoffs can upgrade a little. At least the ones who want to stay in business.

Julianbee

Julianbee

Awards
If you really want to save some money, you could buy a car buffer. Sounds crazy, but it gets used as a massager 4x as much as the hyperbolt at my gym. They’re also only $25.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If you really want to save some money, you could buy a car buffer. Sounds crazy, but it gets used as a massager 4x as much as the hyperbolt at my gym. They’re also only $25.
@Julianbee Like to add on a drill? How do they use it, having a hard time trying to visualize that. BTW, you look sick in your avatar if that is you!

Julianbee

Julianbee

Awards
@Julianbee Like to add on a drill? How do they use it, having a hard time trying to visualize that. BTW, you look sick in your avatar if that is you!
All by itself. Just plug it in and wax on wax off lol. Here’s a YouTube video with some lifers using it.

Thank you! That is me in my avatar. I’d still like to be bigger but who doesn’t lol

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
i got a theragun used on social media. it's legit and the pricetag is warranted if you have it onhand for an injury; situations such as working out sick when there is a ton of inflammation or when there is scar tissue from an injury that may also be chocking nutrient supply to the area definitely made me prone to repeat injury, and using the gun before and after a workout for 15 minutes made a huge difference.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
All by itself. Just plug it in and wax on wax off lol. Here’s a YouTube video with some lifers using it.

Thank you! That is me in my avatar. I’d still like to be bigger but who doesn’t lol
Thanks, I may have to check that out. Definitely cheaper than a lot of things made for that.