Log of _______, can't read it? Because there is nothing there.

kmcart

Awards
Something odd that happened today at the gym.

As i was getting ready to do my 2nd set of Pull-Ups this feller came over to the cable station, looked at me, jumped up and did 5 or 6 pull ups swinging like a fish. He then got down and looked at me again then went back to do abs.

I of course was staring the entire time wondering, "WTF is this guy doing?!?" with a sotra confused look on my face.

Since im new to this gym (trained here last summer but you know what I mean) I try and go between 12-2pm because thats usually when no hardcore guys are in there. Last year I trained later in the day and being a white guy, didn't suite me very well for the most productive workouts. Because stuff like this happened a lot but times 10....they would just start working in on a machine and never get up and let their buddies come over and use it after they were done.
People like this drive me crazy, gyms would be so much easier if people just go in do what they have to do and get out and be a little considerate to those around you. Happily though I don't deal with much of this at my gym when my friend and I go. Good luck with those guys those DW, just keep killing those weights for that cut.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
As i was getting ready to do my 2nd set of Pull-Ups this feller came over to the cable station, looked at me, jumped up and did 5 or 6 pull ups swinging like a fish. He then got down and looked at me again then went back to do abs.
Sounds like you needed to do another set of 10 with proper form, I'm sure he was probably still staring at you. :lol:

Some people just think they got something to prove I suppose. :gives:

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Something odd that happened today at the gym.

I of course was staring the entire time wondering, "WTF is this guy doing?!?" with a sotra confused look on my face.

Since im new to this gym (trained here last summer but you know what I mean) I try and go between 12-2pm because thats usually when no hardcore guys are in there. Last year I trained later in the day and being a white guy, didn't suite me very well for the most productive workouts. Because stuff like this happened a lot but times 10....they would just start working in on a machine and never get up and let their buddies come over and use it after they were done.
lol
that might have been me

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Son of a bitch! lol Nah your stats say 230, even with all the hair gel I dont think my man was much more than 200
its cuz my penis is 2 feet and 40lbs (at rest)

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
really why not fish oils next to workouts?
Because of its anti inflammatory effects. It is thought to be counter productive to muscle building. Dont think its been proven though.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Because of its anti inflammatory effects. It is thought to be counter productive to muscle building. Dont think its been proven though.
i use fish oils and vit C awith white flood or jacked and pumps are ridiculous when i add fish and C. read about how they increase NO. and dam pumps are insane no joke.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The whole vit c thing and fish oil I think is kinda bogus and over thought I think. Infact the whole post workout nutrition thing is pretty crazy how some people get sooooo wrapped up in things and timing.

Now I will say Postal worked great for me, but its a rather simple formula. Based largerly around creatine, protein, glutamine and carbs....not too complex there if you ask me.

Hey what-a-ya kno....those happen to be on someones list!

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i use fish oils and vit C awith white flood or jacked and pumps are ridiculous when i add fish and C. read about how they increase NO. and dam pumps are insane no joke.
c and fish oil increase pumps? awesome.. guess I'll start dosing them close to my workouts again and see what effect it has on me.

cgoode

cgoode

Awards
  • Established
glad to see this.... I once cut down from 190 to 171 in 3 months pretty slow, but didnt lose any strength, I wanted to see how lean I could get, The only supplement I had was protein powder, I ate a crapload of fish, chicken and salads (no dressing) it was pretty bland but did the trick I feel like ppl are to reliant of fat burners

lol interstingly I felt too small at 171 and am on a personal mission to get to a decently lean 235 ( 9-13% bf)

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
This is pretty interesting to know. It may help explain why fish oil helps my tendinitis feel better.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
glad to see this.... I once cut down from 190 to 171 in 3 months pretty slow, but didnt lose any strength, I wanted to see how lean I could get, The only supplement I had was protein powder, I ate a crapload of fish, chicken and salads (no dressing) it was pretty bland but did the trick I feel like ppl are to reliant of fat burners

lol interstingly I felt too small at 171 and am on a personal mission to get to a decently lean 235 ( 9-13% bf)
funny you say that because thats about how my first cut went when I was 19 for my show, from mid 190's to low 170's. I also didnt use a ton of supps. The ones im using now and some ECA and that was really it.

I felt so tiny but all my friends were like "holy ish man you're huge! what are you on!" I lost a good bit of strength though too, :think: dont really know why. I hope this time it's different though, and that I dont drop to 170, 185~190ish should do lol

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
c and fish oil increase pumps? awesome.. guess I'll start dosing them close to my workouts again and see what effect it has on me.
I have a buddy who swears by Vit C, Creatine Malate and AEE pre-workout for huge pumps

This is pretty interesting to know. It may help explain why fish oil helps my tendinitis feel better.
When I was doing 30gr/fish oil a day my joints felt great.

Luisciphr1

Awards
Just bro science man, trial and error. I find I get more from 20gr/day of creatine than 5-10gr/day..as in strength, fullness and endurance.

Same for Glutamine. I took at it 20-40gr/day while cutting and saved a ton of msucle, I'd guess 10lbs or so?!? vs. when I wasn't using it in a cut.

I dont have any fancy experiments, although those can be very benifical dont get me wrong. Just some bro science going on. You're also right about it being so inexpensive, gives enough reason to at leas try it once.
Thanks, definitely doesn't seem like it would hurt to give it a shot and anything that might keep gains from disappearing during a cut sounds good to me.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I like it.

I use glutamine when i feel i need it, like on a hard dieting phase , when glutamine stores go low, or when I feel I am over trained.

Creatine is a must

Vit C good

and of course protein powder

more people can learn from you

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have a buddy who swears by Vit C, Creatine Malate and AEE pre-workout for huge pumps

When I was doing 30gr/fish oil a day my joints felt great.
30 grams.. Holy hell dude haha. I usualy go 6-8 grams a day..

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
30 grams.. Holy hell dude haha. I usualy go 6-8 grams a day..
Yea it was a mega dose thing for a month while on a bulk, worked out pretty good, but people were argueing the whole anti-inflammatory thing then as well.....

At the end of the day i gained muscle size and strength so to each their own I guess.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
subbed! looks like this will be an interesting read :)

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Did me 30min of cardio. It went by real quick this morning, wish it would go by that fast after my workouts.

Got done eating about 10minutes ago, and I am already huungry again. 11am cant get here fast enough!
lol
im eating delicious food full of fat and carbohydrates, but dont mind me. im just gonna eat delicious food, while you starve.

oh yeah if you need me ill be eating delicious food.
lol
just messing with you man trying to torture you ;)

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
lol
im eating delicious food full of fat and carbohydrates, but dont mind me. im just gonna eat delicious food, while you starve.

oh yeah if you need me ill be eating delicious food.
lol
just messing with you man trying to torture you ;)
lol sons of bitches! my mom made cinnamon bread yesterday....got the whole house smelling for about 3-4hrs. Now there is also 2 loafs of it sitting next to my cooking stuff, a nice reminder every time I get to eat. So.........

yea thanks guys lol

kmcart

Awards
lol sons of bitches! my mom made cinnamon bread yesterday....got the whole house smelling for about 3-4hrs. Now there is also 2 loafs of it sitting next to my cooking stuff, a nice reminder every time I get to eat. So.........

yea thanks guys lol
Lol you gotta love the support around here...you know if you're looking to get rid of some of that bread I know somewhere youj could send it ;)...but in all seriousness keep it up man great start

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well just woke up from a nap and my lats are on fire! They felt fine this morning, I was actually really surprised and thought maybe that lack of intensity yesterday hinderd my workout more than i thought. My chest was fried the day after.

Only problem is, I'm supposed to throw a light bullpen session 2nite. Tight chest+sore lat & rear delt=doo doo control and mph.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I tried something tonight for my final meal. I took the green apple and cut it up into small pieces and stirred it into the yogurt, added a packet of splenda and some cinnamon. Tasted pretty damn good, kinda like those apple turnover yogurts that yoplait or dannon makes.

Also it's been 3 days of the diet and im 100% stuck to it, so if my psychology teacher is correct in their hypothesis i should be stuck in my ways and the rest of this 3-4 weeks should be a breeze....we'll see

funkd0c

funkd0c

Awards
  • Established
In for more talk of Greek yogurt. Which I love, but I prefer the full fat version.:)

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In for more talk of Greek yogurt. Which I love, but I prefer the full fat version.:)
i stick with mexican yogurt, its 90% beer. the sad thing its no longer available in arizona

jcspurg

jcspurg

Awards
subbed

^strong first post, i know.

Distilled Water, I think what you are doing is great. Keep it up.

funkd0c

funkd0c

Awards
  • Established
i stick with mexican yogurt, its 90% beer. the sad thing its no longer available in arizona
Yeah, I heard things are tense out there right now because of the lack of Mexican YOGURT... :D but what's the other 10%? Tequila worms to make sure there are active cultures???

Seriously though, this log is hardcore DW. I look forward to learning as much as I can.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, I heard things are tense out there right now because of the lack of Mexican YOGURT... :D but what's the other 10%? Tequila worms to make sure there are active cultures???

Seriously though, this log is hardcore DW. I look forward to learning as much as I can.

funkd0c

funkd0c

Awards
  • Established
:haha::lol5:

i loled for real on that one bruh!

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
lol

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
People like this drive me crazy, gyms would be so much easier if people just go in do what they have to do and get out and be a little considerate to those around you. Happily though I don't deal with much of this at my gym when my friend and I go. Good luck with those guys those DW, just keep killing those weights for that cut.
I'm totally perplexed and off guard by these statements...please explain further.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Had a solid workout 2day! Had to change it up a little because...god for bid I work in with someone.

Straight bar push downs
3sets 12,10,8

Skull Crushers
95x12
95x12
95x12

Cable Kick Backs
30x12
30x12
30x11

CG Flat Bench
185x12
185x12
185x10

30min cardio @ 10 & 3!!!!

Not exactly how I wanted my workout to go but I made due and still had a good workout.

I was really tired today, I didn't have any coffee at all today. Chest is still a little sore which has me worried about recovery. Lats are also still slightly sore. On a good note my arm feels pretty good today after throwing that bullpen, I have a full bull pen session 2maro.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I had a great bicep workout 2day!

Seated DB Curls
35x15
40x12
45x10
50x8

Single Arm Preacher Curl Hammer Machine
25x12
30x10
35x8

Reverse Grip Curls
45x12
45x12
45x12

Concentration Curls
20x8
20x8
20x8

Iso Hammer Curls
35x15
35x15
40x10

20min cardio post workout!!!!!!

I feel really good today, could be that its finally sunny out!

Dragon93

Dragon93

Awards
  • Established
Nice workout bro.

funkd0c

funkd0c

Awards
  • Established
I had a great bicep workout 2day!

Seated DB Curls
35x15
40x12
45x10
50x8

Single Arm Preacher Curl Hammer Machine
25x12
30x10
35x8

Reverse Grip Curls
45x12
45x12
45x12

Concentration Curls
20x8
20x8
20x8

Iso Hammer Curls
35x15
35x15
40x10
damn that is a lot of volume... 16 sets! My biceps would rip my shoulder off!

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
damn that is a lot of volume... 16 sets! My biceps would rip my shoulder off!
Yea but remember I hit them solo and once a week. I also have 2 full days rest between back and bi's also. If i was to pair them with triceps I wouldnt be able to hit them this hard. When I was preping for my show some 4 years ago I did this split also, my bi's actuall grew in the first 4 week phase of my diet doing them like this.

When I was hitting bi's/forarms twice a week I'd onl do 12-16 sets total for the week.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Yea but remember I hit them solo and once a week. I also have 2 full days rest between back and bi's also. If i was to pair them with triceps I wouldnt be able to hit them this hard. When I was preping for my show some 4 years ago I did this split also, my bi's actuall grew in the first 4 week phase of my diet doing them like this.

When I was hitting bi's/forarms twice a week I'd onl do 12-16 sets total for the week.
..what kind of growth did you see from hitting biceps/forearms twice weekly?

cgoode

cgoode

Awards
  • Established
last time i cut down i did day1 Chest(AM)/ Quads(PM), day 2 Arms(AM)/back (PM), day 3 off and repeat....... (switching hams for quads)

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
..what kind of growth did you see from hitting biceps/forearms twice weekly?
Not much in my biceps, but A LOT in my forearms. Probably 1/4" in a 4 week period.

Sorry, I didn't make my self very clear. My arms grew when dieting from hitting them once a week with the roughly 16 sets more than anything.

The twice a week put priority on my forearms over biceps. I was hitting once bicep move to begin the workouts then forearm stuff like Pin-Wheen curls, Hammer Curls and Reverse Grip Curls. Really concentrate on keeping your wrist flexed up (knuckles to the sky) when performing the reverse grip curls. On the bottom of each rep I'll pause and exagerate it to make sure they're flexed up.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I decided im going to have modified shoulder workouts on saturdays. Since I throw an entire bullpen on fridays, I am going to do, what we call in baseball, a flush workout.

Basically its light weight exercises that cause a lot of lactic acid in your arm/shoulder to help in recovery. I'll then run 2miles after my workout.

So basically what I'll be doing is a lot of side and lateral rasies with reps between 15-30reps then some rotator cuff and labrium work.

I tell you guys what, you want abs and slim obliques? Get your pitching mechanics down and throw bull pens. My abs and lower back are killing me 2day, they were on thursday too and that was just a light session. I forgot how much energy it took to be a pitcher.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Didn't train yesterday, I was outta town for the weekend. I'll hit chest and back together 2day and i hope I dont die trying to do so.

Diet was good all weekend, missed a few meals though because we were out and about but didn't eat anything I wasn't supposed to. If I was going too long without eating and knew I needed something but there wasn't anything good around I'd just take a shake and with a packet of oatmeal.