How am I still tired after all this?

Industrial

Industrial

Awards
Hope I'm posting this in the right spot. Yesterday and this morning I took my dose of HydroxyElite (2 pills) and then drank coffee. I was still tired, so I drank a red bull. Still tired. I'm not sure what's going on, do you guys know why my HydroxyElite isn't working anymore? Do I need to take some Benadryl to reset receptors?

Thanks, sorry for the stupid question but i'm not sure what's going on

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You need some time off stimulants, ALL stimulants.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hope I'm posting this in the right spot. Yesterday and this morning I took my dose of HydroxyElite (2 pills) and then drank coffee. I was still tired, so I drank a red bull. Still tired. I'm not sure what's going on, do you guys know why my HydroxyElite isn't working anymore? Do I need to take some Benadryl to reset receptors?

As Vaughn states, you need time off all stims.

I've have this happen with actual ephedrine years ago.

Industrial

Industrial

Awards
that sucks. when i come off stimulants, i dont even want to leave my bed in the morning! its hard to function without my hydroxyelite, but if i can sleep on this stuff, then maybe i do need some time away. any idea how long?

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
that sucks. when i come off stimulants, i dont even want to leave my bed in the morning! its hard to function without my hydroxyelite, but if i can sleep on this stuff, then maybe i do need some time away. any idea how long?
I know it sucks at first, but you really need it.

I always suggest a full month, but very few actually follow that recommendation

Wimsicle

Wimsicle

Awards
  • Established
At least 2 weeks.. It will be rough. A month if you can make it!

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Very wise people have suggested to me to do it gradually! Cut your stims in half this week and then again next week! I tried to skip two days and got serious withdrawals

Angrypolak

Angrypolak

Awards
All good advice. I'll only add that by the end of your stim break you should feel normal (not tired) and energized (not "normal") when you resume taking stims.

If you still feel tired all the time after you cycle off a while, you may have an underlying issue and if recommended getting checked out by a doc instead of propping yourself back up with stim use.

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
In my experience, its really only hard for about a week. After a week I don't even miss it - then you get back on the stims and WHAMO! haha

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
At the very least take the weekend off. Allow your body to recover without stims. Then like others have said cut the dosage in half for the following week. and so forth.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Very wise people have suggested to me to do it gradually! Cut your stims in half this week and then again next week! I tried to skip two days and got serious withdrawals
I tried stopping cold turkey and had the worst headaches all day long

bigsmall

Banned
Awards
After your break, use stims very sparingly. So you don't get this ****ed up again...

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
What's your sleep habits like?

rowz4broz

rowz4broz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
was also wondering how much sleep you are getting?

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

I am not so convinced it is a tolerance issue. How long have you been on stims?

I bought a bottle of HydroxyElite a month or so ago and it does absolutely zero for me. While I do need as stim break myself, I can take any other product in my stim collection and be good to go. As you know, HydroxyElite only has 100mg of caffeine, and the rest of the extracts are not even close to being as potent as the original supplement it was cloned from.

I would be surprised if anyone could feel this to be honest. Lipodrene Elite is definitely a level or two above this and that is quite low stim as well.

compan

compan

Awards
After a break you'll feel great. You won't feel great for the first couple of days, but after that you will. I once went 3 months without caffeine and it was incredible. I also love coffee too much, so here I am again...rocking the caffeine 2x daily.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I would take some time off stims. There is also a product that Mr. Supps carries called revamp that may help. Your tolerance is way to high.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
you might want to start looking at adaptogens such as ashwaghanda , rhodiola to reset and support your adrenal glands http://drhyman.com/blog/2013/09/17/push-pause-button-adrenal-burnout/

http://www.naturalnews.com/042720_adrenal_fatigue_support_nutrition.html
Regardless of if this whole "adrenal fatigue" has any merit or not, adaptogens can certainly be useful in this situation, and during stimulant breaks. I'm not saying that they're actually going to reset your adrenal glands, but when you are cycling off stimulants, having adaptogens that improve how your body handles stress can certainly help. Rhodiola can help fight fatigue, which can make it quite useful during a stimulant break, ashwagandha can reduce stress/anxiety/cortisol, which can also be useful, etc. So regardless of whether or not this whole "adrenal fatigue" is a thing or not, adaptogens still do have a place, IMO, in stimulant breaks. I just don't think that you can take some adaptogens and magically have your stimulant tolerance "reset," or that you don't actually need to take time off caffeine/stimulants if you want to really decrease your tolerance.