Fruit sugar bad???

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
the USDA has their own agenda you know. they subsidize the production of grains/corn so its only in their interest to push the product.

Thepaul7

Awards
A lot of what I posted is from him and I plan on reading this. He is not selling a diet, a fad, or some pill, just an author presenting facts for people to interpret as they wish. Does the guy have an agenda, get the truth out and stop the flow of false information; some aren't ready to accept it but I would prefer to know so I can only blame myself for my decisions, not the retarded FDA (and really the entire medical and food industry).
Thats true I presented some of the information to my brother who is a physician just finishing up his residency and he said. "Well what am I supposed to tell my patients now" lol. The history of these diet myths are just as interesting as they are frustrating. Needless to say I will be giving the book to him after I finish it, but Taubes makes a point in his book that his and others findings will not probably be standard practice in his lifetime or any of our lifetimes.

Also check out the documentary Fat Head by Tom Naughton where he challenges the Super Size Me documentary and this is where I started to see references to scientists researching these issues.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
the USDA has their own agenda you know. they subsidize the production of grains/corn so its only in their interest to push the product.
You know how much better off we would be if we weren't subsidizing farmers and they were growing grass/hay/straw or other plant based feeds that are natural for cows/bison and other animals? It would be amazing if there was a little less soy and wheat and more grass fed animals to help the population get healthy. I got dreams too!

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
Stay away from iceberg lettuce...it is the worse kind...at least do Romaine if you cannot deal with straight spinach.
I never did iceberg, I always did basic romaine, but what's up with iceberg? Just how unnatural and processed it is?

Torq

Torq

Awards
Crap, I was about to go on, but poor Torq (the original poster) is getting his thread overrun :D

Anyhow Torq, keep eating the fruit, its definitely no worse for you than other caloric sources.
LoL thank you (easyE/Makaveli). I do like reading Anton's posts and other intelligent debates. lt gives me something to read while at work. He deffinately knows his stuff.

All I was only wondering if it's too much bad sugar I'm taking in? So do you guys think one cup of three different fruits (apples, grapes, and a banana) a day is more then enough? Or... Should I knock it back to half a cup?

l forget you may have said it. I had already started posting this on my phone and and can't just go back to check, but I really hate veggies. Simply.... bc of the way they taste and smell. There's really nothing childish about it. I cant help that i dont like them. l want to!!! and I do force it down sometimes (lol) my wife tries to hide them under my rice and mash potatoes. I always catch her and then just smile, but I will eat them....... sometimes. Most of the time I usually give it to the dog(lol). Bc they're really not that tasty. Tastes nothing like how good a steak can taste!!! Now i know veggies wont taste like steak. but im just sayin i hope you get what i mean. I don't know how you guys can eat them, to each his own i guess. Plus lm not a cook in anyway. That's why I only end up eating literally boiled meat and potatoes.... also rice....& kidney beans. that's it really.

I will definitely try eating eating baby carrots, lettuce, fresh string beans. That's what my wife mainly buys. is there a limit to those three? Should I make 1/2cup fruits & 1/2 cup veggies instead then?

-thanks guys

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its really not bad sugar at all. Sugar in a general sort of way isn't bad. Its really about uncontrolled amounts of sugar with no fiber or other items to lower the glycemic index. Apples are almost perfect as with the amount of fiber in them although the sugar source is fast, its actual digestion is slowed. You could eat 2 small apples 5x a day and it wouldn't be an issue sugarwise. Bananas are close and any excessive sugar they have is at least worthwhile given the other micronutrients in the banana.

The sugars really only become a problem if you are talking about drinking apple juice or grape juice as your primary drink between meals. Then its really not all that much better than drinking a coke.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My easy solution for eating veggies: coconut oil. Fry them up in that with some garlic, coarse black pepper, sea salt, a squirt of lime, and you're done.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
but it carnt be confirmed.
Would you like me to scan a copy of my degree or would you care to address my point that carb control is by far the most important part to insulin control? The common approach to nutrition is driven by the USDA, which is made up of former board members of grain and food companies. Don't you think that there is a bit of a hidden agenda especially since many of them are still on the payroll?

Go Paleo/Primal for 1 month and you'll detox your body from all of the crap you've consumed in the past. In addition, you'll have effortless weight loss without counting any calories and increase the pH of your blood.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
LoL thank you (easyE/Makaveli). I do like reading Anton's posts and other intelligent debates. lt gives me something to read while at work. He deffinately knows his stuff.

All I was only wondering if it's too much bad sugar I'm taking in? So do you guys think one cup of three different fruits (apples, grapes, and a banana) a day is more then enough? Or... Should I knock it back to half a cup?

l forget you may have said it. I had already started posting this on my phone and and can't just go back to check, but I really hate veggies. Simply.... bc of the way they taste and smell. There's really nothing childish about it. I cant help that i dont like them. l want to!!! and I do force it down sometimes (lol) my wife tries to hide them under my rice and mash potatoes. I always catch her and then just smile, but I will eat them....... sometimes. Most of the time I usually give it to the dog(lol). Bc they're really not that tasty. Tastes nothing like how good a steak can taste!!! Now i know veggies wont taste like steak. but im just sayin i hope you get what i mean. I don't know how you guys can eat them, to each his own i guess. Plus lm not a cook in anyway. That's why I only end up eating literally boiled meat and potatoes.... also rice....& kidney beans. that's it really.

I will definitely try eating eating baby carrots, lettuce, fresh string beans. That's what my wife mainly buys. is there a limit to those three? Should I make 1/2cup fruits & 1/2 cup veggies instead then?

-thanks guys
the UK govt promote for healthy living -5 portions of fruit and veg a day A portion being roughly a handful.

On the subject of carbs , the poster who advocates complex carbs makes people fat and sick is a very sweeping statement That means the world population is suffering . Statements like that should be backed up with research and not based on some radio programme.

If you are so passionate about the nations health , perhaps you could turn your attention to those who drink alcohol excessively , also a carbohydrate, and wreck not only their lives but those close to them

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Would you like me to scan a copy of my degree or would you care to address my point that carb control is by far the most important part to insulin control? The common approach to nutrition is driven by the USDA, which is made up of former board members of grain and food companies. Don't you think that there is a bit of a hidden agenda especially since many of them are still on the payroll?

Go Paleo/Primal for 1 month and you'll detox your body from all of the crap you've consumed in the past. In addition, you'll have effortless weight loss without counting any calories and increase the pH of your blood.
:goodpost:

Agree 100%!!

It really blows my mind when you look at the members of the USDA and FDA and trace back all the ties or connections they have to the food and drug industry. How is it a regulatory person who is in charge of writing the regulations of a company and then used to be a board member of that said company and still receives paycheck, how is that not a conflict on interest. It really baffles me how this is even allowed and ignored. I mean go figure the man who is writing that GMO food is fine and doesn't need to be labeled as GMO is the same exact guy who was working for the same exact company on their GMO project :hammer: I'm just waiting to see that 3 eyed fish from the simpsons swimming around, and honestly i won't even be surprised

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Well said and I plan on doing this very soon to see how it goes.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
:goodpost:

Agree 100%!!

It really blows my mind when you look at the members of the USDA and FDA and trace back all the ties or connections they have to the food and drug industry. How is it a regulatory person who is in charge of writing the regulations of a company and then used to be a board member of that said company and still receives paycheck, how is that not a conflict on interest. It really baffles me how this is even allowed and ignored. I mean go figure the man who is writing that GMO food is fine and doesn't need to be labeled as GMO is the same exact guy who was working for the same exact company on their GMO project :hammer: I'm just waiting to see that 3 eyed fish from the simpsons swimming around, and honestly i won't even be surprised
I pretty much ignore any guidance from the USDA, AHA, FDA, etc. when it comes to health. I've been all over the pendulum regarding diets, but the 2 times I have felt the best where when I consumed 7-10 servings of produce per day regardless of the rest of my diet. I've been using Paleo/Primal concepts for about 4 years, but didn't make the full switch until 3 weeks ago. Since then, I've had to really go out of my way to not keep dropping so much damn weight (195 down to 186). The best part is that I'm never hungry and I still have 2 refeeds and 3 cheat meals each week.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well said and I plan on doing this very soon to see how it goes.
The first week is a major shock since you're basically detoxing and cleaning out your body, but, after that, it's smooth sailing.

Here's my daily diet breakdown:

Meal 1
6 whole eggs
4-6 strips uncured bacon
2 servings fruit

Meal 2
12 oz almond milk
50g protein (whey, casein, egg)
1C blueberries
2 oz mixed nuts

TRAIN

Post-training
30g MAP

Meal 3
8-10oz chicken
1C broccoli (stir fry with 1 Tbsp EVCO)
1 tomato

Meal 4
8-10 oz ground beef (93%)
4 oz mushrooms
1 avocado

Meal 5
50g protein
2 oz mixed nuts

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I pretty much ignore any guidance from the USDA, AHA, FDA, etc. when it comes to health. I've been all over the pendulum regarding diets, but the 2 times I have felt the best where when I consumed 7-10 servings of produce per day regardless of the rest of my diet. I've been using Paleo/Primal concepts for about 4 years, but didn't make the full switch until 3 weeks ago. Since then, I've had to really go out of my way to not keep dropping so much damn weight (195 down to 186). The best part is that I'm never hungry and I still have 2 refeeds and 3 cheat meals each week.
That's awesome bro.. It really is a life changing diet. I see the weight loss as a extra benefit with the health aspects of it the primary reason I do it.

I really like Sissons approach (primal blueprint) I think the paleo people get too dogmatic with the diet. A book I recently read was protein power by dr Eades, a real good read! One thing that really stuck out in the book is they go to a feed lot for cows and analyze the food that's being given to the animals to fatten them up for slaughter and then compare the macro percents of that feed to the USDA recommendations and it's just about identical!! Really awesome book, I like to suggest that one over paleo book but the principles are just about the same.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The first week is a major shock since you're basically detoxing and cleaning out your body, but, after that, it's smooth sailing.

Here's my daily diet breakdown:

Meal 1
6 whole eggs
4-6 strips uncured bacon
2 servings fruit

Meal 2
12 oz almond milk
50g protein (whey, casein, egg)
1C blueberries
2 oz mixed nuts

TRAIN

Post-training
30g MAP

Meal 3
8-10oz chicken
1C broccoli (stir fry with 1 Tbsp EVCO)
1 tomato

Meal 4
8-10 oz ground beef (93%)
4 oz mushrooms
1 avocado

Meal 5
50g protein
2 oz mixed nuts
Ima have to try that stir fy with coconut oil. I hate broccoli and have to make myself eat it. Picking up some avocado this weekend to try. I never ate avocado before but want to try it out. Was planning on just tossing some in my food chopper with some salsa to make a spread to put on chicken. You have any avocado cooking suggestions?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's awesome bro.. It really is a life changing diet. I see the weight loss as a extra benefit with the health aspects of it the primary reason I do it.

I really like Sissons approach (primal blueprint) I think the paleo people get too dogmatic with the diet. A book I recently read was protein power by dr Eades, a real good read! One thing that really stuck out in the book is they go to a feed lot for cows and analyze the food that's being given to the animals to fatten them up for slaughter and then compare the macro percents of that feed to the USDA recommendations and it's just about identical!! Really awesome book, I like to suggest that one over paleo book but the principles are just about the same.
You can find an e-version of the Primal Blueprint on Google.

Rebel29073

Rebel29073

Awards

Agree 100% and I am sure all know the benefits the blood PH level

We are all born with a very high alkaline blood pH of 7.4. Over the years as we age this pH level gets more acidic. An acidic environment is a magnet for diseases. It also speeds up the aging process. So if you want the aging process slowed down you must work towards an increased pH.

Alkaline blood can be achieved only by consuming alkaline food and drinking alkaline water. What we eat is who we are. So if one eats vegetables like broccoli, asparagus, cabbages, lettuce and so on we will be making our alkaline blood better.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ima have to try that stir fy with coconut oil. I hate broccoli and have to make myself eat it. Picking up some avocado this weekend to try. I never ate avocado before but want to try it out. Was planning on just tossing some in my food chopper with some salsa to make a spread to put on chicken. You have any avocado cooking suggestions?
I just mash it up, throw in some sea salt, coarse pepper, and a spritz of lime. Occasionally, I'll make up some salsa and toss some of it there, but I never cook them.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
cube up the chicken, mix a little olive oil based mayo in with the avocado and crush it, and make chicken salad.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
the UK govt promote for healthy living -5 portions of fruit and veg a day A portion being roughly a handful.

On the subject of carbs , the poster who advocates complex carbs makes people fat and sick is a very sweeping statement That means the world population is suffering . Statements like that should be backed up with research and not based on some radio programme.

If you are so passionate about the nations health , perhaps you could turn your attention to those who drink alcohol excessively , also a carbohydrate, and wreck not only their lives but those close to them
the world population is suffering! cancers, diseases, rashes, there is a ton of health problems that our world suffers. im sure you have had a bout of indigestion within the past couple weeks. there is plenty of research on negative effects of gluten. it damages the gut as well as brain, skin, and nerves.

alcohol without a doubt is a poison. anyone on this message board would agree. right now the discussion is about carbohydrates, specifically grain based complex carbs. you can continue believing the governmental recommendations to eat grains and keep causing chronic inflammation in your intestines. the choice is yours, we are simply sharing information.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
alcohol without a doubt is a poison. anyone on this message board would agree. right now the discussion is about carbohydrates, specifically grain based complex carbs. you can continue believing the governmental recommendations to eat grains and keep causing chronic inflammation in your intestines. the choice is yours, we are simply sharing information.
it is my favorite poison tho

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
it is my favorite poison tho
lolz. I've never had alcohol in my life. Yes, you read that right, and I'm 25. I'm not religious, it's just a personal choice.

What are your macro percentages like anton? I know you mentioned fat was close to 50 percent, so that would leave what a 30/20 split for protein/fat?

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
lolz. I've never had alcohol in my life. Yes, you read that right, and I'm 25. I'm not religious, it's just a personal choice.

What are your macro percentages like anton? I know you mentioned fat was close to 50 percent, so that would leave what a 30/20 split for protein/fat?
not really sure what my percentages are. here is my daily diet:

1) 6 eggs, half avocado, tomato, sometimes bacon

2) 6-7 eggs, fruit salad

3) half pound can of salmon, carrots, spinach, broccolli

4) 4 eggs, more fruit

5) whey shake PWO, banana

6) 1 pound ground bison with 3-4 eggs, avocado, tomato

you are not missing anything by not drinking. nothing but bad decisions and feeling awful in the morning. now when it comes to Puff the magic dragon, we have a much better relationship :)

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

If you are going to be passive aggressive in your reference to me, don't, have the balls to call me out. You think I just willy nilly subscribe to something; my whole family worked or works in the medical community (just a few people with Dr in their title or who have a PhD, what you got to offer?). I heard the BS, the bad recommendations, the reasons why drug companies act the way they do (they are the worst, my father dealt with it for nearly 30 years) and the list goes on. When you grow up with it, you can understand what is right and wrong along with the fact when I present facts that are based on research by trusted sources, it is not willy nilly as you put it. Last I checked, the UK has one of the worst heart disease rates out of any country in the world (Scotland is particularly bad last I read); maybe you should look at the typical diet most people eat, it is horrible.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

2) 6-7 eggs, fruit salad

4) 4 eggs, more fruit

you are not missing anything by not drinking. nothing but bad decisions and feeling awful in the morning. now when it comes to Puff the magic dragon, we have a much better relationship :)
Nice layout, I really want to try this now and see what I can do for myself in 8-12 weeks. I am not going to stop drinking, that is my choice and I enjoy booze too much, but I have cut down and puff keeps me quite happy.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you are going to be passive aggressive in your reference to me, don't, have the balls to call me out. You think I just willy nilly subscribe to something; my whole family worked or works in the medical community (just a few people with Dr in their title or who have a PhD, what you got to offer?). I heard the BS, the bad recommendations, the reasons why drug companies act the way they do (they are the worst, my father dealt with it for nearly 30 years) and the list goes on. When you grow up with it, you can understand what is right and wrong along with the fact when I present facts that are based on research by trusted sources, it is not willy nilly as you put it. Last I checked, the UK has one of the worst heart disease rates out of any country in the world (Scotland is particularly bad last I read); maybe you should look at the typical diet most people eat, it is horrible.
The advice that I really have taken to heart are from those with a Ph.D. and do not get paid to pimp out drugs a la MDs.

Here's a fun fact that Anton and JJ will enjoy:
My BJJ instructor actually employed Loren Cordain, the Paleo diet advocate and author, back in the mid-90s as a consultant. In a weird coincidence, I have another friend who knows the main S&C guy at the same university: Colorado State. Looks like I have two routes into CSU for getting my Ph.D.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The advice that I really have taken to heart are from those with a Ph.D. and do not get paid to pimp out drugs a la MDs.

Here's a fun fact that Anton and JJ will enjoy:
My BJJ instructor actually employed Loren Cordain, the Paleo diet advocate and author, back in the mid-90s as a consultant. In a weird coincidence, I have another friend who knows the main S&C guy at the same university: Colorado State. Looks like I have two routes into CSU for getting my Ph.D.
I would like to further that and say I take my advice from those who are still involved with active research and is up to date with what's going on in the medical world. When a doctor tells me that red meat is going to lead to colon cancer he looses all creditability in my eyes. Too many doctors can't complacent and don't keep up with the industry. The medical world is always changing and evolving and if doctor aren't up to fate or involved then they can keep their advice.

That's awesome tue connection to Cordain, between him Taubes and Eades they are really leading the fight against this BS we are fed

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established

2) 6-7 eggs, fruit salad

4) 4 eggs, more fruit

haha, I've never tried mr puff the magic dragon either. Nice layout btw, you must damn near go broke buying eggs. That last meal cracks me up, a POUND of bison, that's literally over a thousand cals right there, haha. It looks like that's by far your largest cal meal.

swan1209

Awards
  • Established
Bottom line is its silly to say fruits aren't healthful foods. Eating "whole grain" bread with various preservatives and what not isn't going to be more healthful than eating an apple. Don't care what anyone says, you won't convince me processed foods are better than fruits. As for wild rice, quiona, steel cut oats... fine, they have benefits and have a small place in a diet. Personally I have recently doing my best to follow the rule 30 grams of protein from fish, eggs, or meat + one serving of fruit + one serving vegetables at every meal and it seems to be working out.

Then again I once read Sergio Oliva's favorite post workout meal was pizza and coke... go figure

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Bottom line is its silly to say fruits aren't healthful foods. Eating "whole grain" bread with various preservatives and what not isn't going to be more healthful than eating an apple. Don't care what anyone says, you won't convince me processed foods are better than fruits. As for wild rice, quiona, steel cut oats... fine, they have benefits and have a small place in a diet. Personally I have recently doing my best to follow the rule 30 grams of protein from fish, eggs, or meat + one serving of fruit + one serving vegetables at every meal and it seems to be working out.

Then again I once read Sergio Oliva's favorite post workout meal was pizza and coke... go figure
bodybuilders arent healthy bro

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
haha, I've never tried mr puff the magic dragon either. Nice layout btw, you must damn near go broke buying eggs. That last meal cracks me up, a POUND of bison, that's literally over a thousand cals right there, haha. It looks like that's by far your largest cal meal.
yea i go through tons of eggs but i dont have kids or anything so I can afford it. the bison is delicious!! i spend a ton of hours training BJJ every week plus my skinny kid metabolism so I guess im using all those calories?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
eggs are cheap anyhow. I bought 30 for $3.38. Even at 6 per meal thats what 65 cents per meal? a can of tuna costs that.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
eggs are cheap anyhow. I bought 30 for $3.38. Even at 6 per meal thats what 65 cents per meal? a can of tuna costs that.
i like to buy organic eggs just because they are more nutritious and taste much better. so i usually pay that much for a dozen. the best eggs were the ones i was getting from a friends farm. these things were like super eggs

DaJaP

DaJaP

Awards
this is a serious question, and not an attempt to say ur wrong or some BS, im curious. If carbs are as you view them, how can japan have the greatest longevity in the world when they eat rice 3 times a day?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I usually buy the egglands best but 30 eggs for just $3.38 was hard to beat

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
this is a serious question, and not an attempt to say ur wrong or some BS, im curious. If carbs are as you view them, how can japan have the greatest longevity in the world when they eat rice 3 times a day?
they dont all eat rice 3 times a day, thats a stereotype. even if they eat sushi im sure that its not always rolls and more like raw fish. i mean there could be a million reasons. genetics? they dont stuff themselves with mcdonalds, white bread, deep fried crap. their overall calorie intake is lower than americans which helps. plus the prescription drugs that are available these days are able to keep people alive for a very long time, regardless of optimum health.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
I usually buy the egglands best but 30 eggs for just $3.38 was hard to beat
i will eat any egg thats at least brown. i read somewhere that if its brown then the nutritional profile is somewhat alright in comparison to a white shell. could be BS though..

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i will eat any egg thats at least brown. i read somewhere that if its brown then the nutritional profile is somewhat alright in comparison to a white shell. could be BS though..
It's BS the color of the egg is determined by the color of the parent.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
It's BS the color of the egg is determined by the color of the parent.
ahhh true. then why are the cheapo eggs like the ones you buy at wawa or regular unorganic ones are always white and the organic or cage free are always brown? the egg world is full of mystery

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ahhh true. then why are the cheapo eggs like the ones you buy at wawa or regular unorganic ones are always white and the organic or cage free are always brown? the egg world is full of mystery
:dunno:

I never really looked it up I am going off of what my egg lady told me. From her I have gotten brown, white, blue, green,... Freaking starburst eggs bro..lol and all her chickens are cage free an eat bugs no grains.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
:dunno:

I never really looked it up I am going off of what my egg lady told me. From her I have gotten brown, white, blue, green,... Freaking starburst eggs bro..lol and all her chickens are cage free an eat bugs no grains.
you still havent told me how i can get to this lady you shady mophucker

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
the world population is suffering! cancers, diseases, rashes, there is a ton of health problems that our world suffers. im sure you have had a bout of indigestion within the past couple weeks. there is plenty of research on negative effects of gluten. it damages the gut as well as brain, skin, and nerves.

actually i havent .

just curious what sport do you play?

another sweeping statement-alcohol is not poisonous. What it can do is make people not responsible for their actions if enough is consumed and over time drinkers can develop liver problems which may necessitate a liver transplant But to say it is a poison is simply not true.
The body doesnt need it to survive but drinking sensibly in a bar or dinner party with friends can be enjoyable night out -and we all live to see another day.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
actually i havent .

just curious what sport do you play?

another sweeping statement-alcohol is not poisonous. What it can do is make people not responsible for their actions if enough is consumed and over time drinkers can develop liver problems which may necessitate a liver transplant But to say it is a poison is simply not true.
The body doesnt need it to survive but drinking sensibly in a bar or dinner party with friends can be enjoyable night out -and we all live to see another day.
I train and compete in Brazilian jiu jitsu and wrestling.

no its not a sweeping statement. you are too conditioned to listening to governmental propaganda. therefore you believe that grains arent harmful to health and alcohol belongs in our society. just because the government and society accepts alcohol and you can buy it legally, doesnt mean that it doesnt poison you. it actually works because it poisons you. here is a quick google search:

BRAIN
The blood-brain barrier is a layer of epithelial cells that line the capillaries. Alcohol floats right through this gatekeeper 30 seconds after entering the bloodstream, disrupting nerve-cell communication. This interference boosts your confidence, shortens your attention span, and makes you say stupid things. Four drinks in 1 hour and you have a blood-alcohol concentration of 0.08, the legal limit in most states.

STOMACH
It's the first stop for alcohol, with 20 percent of any drink entering the bloodstream here within 5 minutes by slipping between the stomach's mucus-producing epithelial cells. The fuller your stomach, the slower the squeeze. Alcohol also jumpstarts the production of hydrochloric acid, which can eat through the stomach's protective mucus. That's why chronic boozers suffer from heartburn, inflammation, ulcers, and bleeding.

SMALL INTESTINE
After 20 minutes, the remaining 80 percent of alcohol arrives here and diffuses almost instantly into the blood, thanks to millions of microscopic fingers that carpet the intestinal lining. Alcohol blocks the absorption of water and sodium here, which is why a binge dehydrates you. Chronic imbibing interferes with enzymes that break down carbohydrates, proteins, and fats, thus reducing uptake of vitamins, minerals, and essential amino acids. That's why heavy drinkers are often undernourished.

PENIS
Drink too much in one sitting and you won't be able to think straight below the waist, either. That's because alcohol deadens nerve cells all over the body--the "atten-hut" command gets lost in transit. Also, eight of 10 problem drinkers suffer from chronic erectile dysfunction: A three-drinks-a-day habit causes high blood pressure, restricting bloodflow to the penis, and chronic boozing reduces testosterone production.

HEART
It's true that, in certain cases, moderate doses of alcohol may help keep the heart and its arteries clear--one or two drinks a day raises plaque-scavenging HDL cholesterol, softens artery walls, and makes blood cells less likely to clot. Heavier drinking, however, narrows the blood vessels and raises blood pressure, forcing the heart to pump harder. It also can short-circuit the electrical signals, causing an arrhythmia. Ultimately, alcohol abuse damages heart muscle, causing it to pump less efficiently. This can lead to heart failure.

LIVER
It eventually breaks down 90 percent of blood alcohol, starting to scrub within 10 minutes of your first sip. Blood absorbs alcohol much faster than the liver can eliminate it, which is why it takes an hour for the effects of each drink to wear off. Heavy drinking creates excess free radicals and collagen, a building block of scar tissue. Both crowd out or kill off healthy liver cells.

LUNGS
About 5 percent of blood alcohol quickly diffuses into the air sacs (alveoli) of the lungs. The alveoli warm the liquid alcohol, turning it into a vapor that's exhaled--which is how Breath- alyzers measure blood-alcohol levels. Long-term alcohol abuse depletes an important antioxidant in the lungs, leaving them vulnerable to permanent, life-threatening damage from pneumonia, sepsis, and other infections.

KIDNEYS
Five percent of blood alcohol is eliminated by the kidneys through urine. No, it's not your imagination: More liquid comes out than you put in. Why? Alcohol blocks the release of the hormone vasopressin, which normally stimulates the kidneys to conserve fluid and concentrate urine. Without it, urine becomes diluted with water. Average time from first sip to gotta-go: 20 minutes. If you chronically upset your fluid balance, waste isn't removed from your body as quickly. The result: Your body's healthy cells get a helping of junk along with every important nutrient. This leads to high blood pressure, liver damage, and kidney failure.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
And I can show actual medical published peer reviewed studies showing higher risk of heart disease and heart attack for non-drinkers vs light drinkers.

Don't mess with my beer man.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
hey man i like to throw down once in a while but i still know that theres nothing good coming from that

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
yea i go through tons of eggs but i dont have kids or anything so I can afford it. the bison is delicious!! i spend a ton of hours training BJJ every week plus my skinny kid metabolism so I guess im using all those calories?

Oh i'm sure you burn them all. It's working for you. I salute you for going hunter gatherer. I've thought about trying it out before, the grains wouldn't be a problem to drop, I only eat grains twice a day, from oatmeal. And it's not like I couldn't find an easy alternative to that. To me though live isn't worth living if you can't eat peanut butter, LOL. I honestly wouldn't wanna live if I couldn't have my peanut butter. ALL of my fat intake comes from nuts in some form or another, either from whole almonds or peanut butter or almond butter.

edit: I shouldn't say all, I like my healthy oils as well, but nuts still make up the large majority.