Fruity Pebbles Protein Powder

LJ57

LJ57

Awards
  • Established
Just finished off a tub of Dymatize Fruity Pebbles whey.

Amazing taste. It's expensive, though, and seems to be out of stock most places. Close to $100 for 5 lbs.

I wonder if I could buy a box of cereal at the grocery, grind it in a coffee grinder, and then mix it up in an unflavored whey powder with a little bit of sweetener and get a similar taste?

That would save a lot of money.

Just wondering if anyone has tried this or something similar?

LJ57

LJ57

Awards
  • Established
Sorry, not sure how I ended up triple posting this!

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I like how you think, sometime I'll try this with a vanilla protein though and perhaps start out with a TBS crushed up pebbles

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
that would make a nice weight gainer drink

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Amazing taste. It's expensive, though, and seems to be out of stock most places. Close to $100 for 5 lbs.

I wonder if I could buy a box of cereal at the grocery, grind it in a coffee grinder, and then mix it up in an unflavored whey powder with a little bit of sweetener and get a similar taste?

It wouldn't be nearly the same in terms of your carb and sugar intake because Fruity Pebbles cereal has a lot of sugar in it.

It probably wouldn't be the same taste wise because of the added sugar also - it would be sweeter, which some people may like in terms of taste but then others wouldn't.

Dymatize is owned by Post, the same company that owns Fruity Pebbles cereal, so they're able to use the actual Fruity Pebbles flavor system (minus the sugar).

I like some of the Dymatize flavors, like I like the Cocoa Pebbles one, but for a Fruity Cereal flavor, I like the Ketogenics IsoWhey better because its not as sweet. But that's really a matter of personal taste preferences - like I could drink a shake of the Dymatize Fruity Cereal here and there and be okay but I couldn't drink it every day like I could the Ketogenics IsoWhey.

LJ57

LJ57

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the suggestions.

I was actually thinking that just a tiny amount of Fruity Pebbles--perhaps like a tablespoon of the ground cereal--would be enough to add to a full shaker bottle.

I always remember when I ate that cereal as a kid, just the leftover milk was super sweet and fruity. I actually liked drinking that as much as eating the cereal itself.

Seems like a small amount could go a long way and not mess up macros too badly.

DBoss

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the suggestions.

I was actually thinking that just a tiny amount of Fruity Pebbles--perhaps like a tablespoon of the ground cereal--would be enough to add to a full shaker bottle.

I always remember when I ate that cereal as a kid, just the leftover milk was super sweet and fruity. I actually liked drinking that as much as eating the cereal itself.

Seems like a small amount could go a long way and not mess up macros too badly.
I know there's actual fruity pebbles n cocoa pebbles in the dymatize protein. Not sure how much though in each scoop.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I know there's actual fruity pebbles n cocoa pebbles in the dymatize protein.
There are - and in my post where I explained that part, it made sense to me bc I work with this stuff, but I probably should have clarified a bit more about what I meant - that since Dymatize is owned by Post, they have the ability to put Fruity Pebbles in there but they are also able to run a lower sugar variant of them to be used in it.

I don't know for sure whether they do or don't, but a lot of protein inclusions aren't the same macros as the straight cereals, cookies, marshmallows, etc. A lot of times inclusions for things are intentionally made with lower sugar to be more diverse in their uses.

But either way, I do agree with what he said that a little bit would go a long way so it just depends on the person and their macros. The me in my 20's wouldn't have done it but the me in my 40's wouldn't think a thing in the world about doing it.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

You could definitely do it and get a similar taste, But you're definitely not gonna get the same consistency or even close to it. And it's gonna dramatically change your carb intake for the day

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
An extra 50carbs may not seem like much, But if you're doing it everyday, thats a extra 1500gm of carbs per month. If you're dieting or in a maintenance phase that could be a big difference. If you're bulking or trying to get stronger and put on some weight, Probably not a bad idea. I'd time it with breakfast or post work out.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
You could also remove those carbohydrates from another balance everything out, There's more than one way to skin a cat

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
If you want a Fruity Pebbles flavored ISO that is a little cheaper than Dymatize, Rule 1 has one thats ~$65/5lbs. Save even more if you got one of their normal whey concentrate tubs.

LJ57

LJ57

Awards
  • Established
If you want a Fruity Pebbles flavored ISO that is a little cheaper than Dymatize, Rule 1 has one thats ~$65/5lbs. Save even more if you got one of their normal whey concentrate tubs.
Wow, does it taste good?

I didn't know about that product, but that definitely makes me rethink grinding up cereal.

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Wow, does it taste good?

I didn't know about that product, but that definitely makes me rethink grinding up cereal.
I can't speak to the Rule 1 ISO, but I've had a couple sample packs of their 'Fruity Cereal' whey blend and it was pretty good.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I've had that protein powder before and it does taste great with milk. And it does appear that there are almost small pieces of fruity pebbles in it. I don't think it's really that expensive as it is whey isolate and a good quality product.

But like everyone said, if you add fruity pebbles you are adding a lot of carbs, some of which is sugar. That sweet flavor you get from the protein powder isn't from sugar, it's from sucralose.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I can't speak to the Rule 1 ISO, but I've had a couple sample packs of their 'Fruity Cereal' whey blend and it was pretty good.

Gotta add these to my ninja creami to try list!