From FAT to PHAT, my journey so far...

edwitt

edwitt

Awards
  • Established
So it's my birthday today and I've sent away for work , which sucks... So sorry about lack of updates guys, normal service soon
HAppy birthday

Thought you might like this

from this

to this

to this

What a monster

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
birthday reps my friend!!

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the birthday wishes guys! Finally back home, had a great session at the gym today, and have a few workouts to update, which I will do over the weekend.

Tonight is a belated birthday dinner with the family and tomorrow taekwondo and gym... So normal service soon peeps!

Take care guys...

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
Progress Update.... Finally!

Ok guys busy busy week, had a number of social functions (fortunately the weather has been great so they have predominantly ended up being BBQs), BUT there has been some beer drinking going on, although i've been trying to stick with Coors Light... still empty calories but at least less empty calories. I took some progress pics yesterday and with the diet and workouts being a slight challenge in the past 7days or so, i'm pleased that they aren't worse!!

Friday 2nd Evening – BBQ in Evening – no carbs, all meat & salad + 4 beers

03-Jul-10 – at the gym by 8h45 out by 10h15, walk to TaeKwonDo and then 1.5hrs of that followed by walk back to gym to get car (walk is about 4 miles total)

Barbell bench press
1 x 66 x 8
2 x 110 x 8
2 x 132 x 8

PureStrength isotonic row (weight each side)
2 x 88 x 8
3 x 110 x 8

PureStrength isotonic lat pulldown (weight each side)

2 x 88 x 8
1 x 99 x 8
2 x 110 x 8

Incline dumbbell flye

(for these I did a set of flyes, immediately followed by the set of DM presses, followed by next set of flyes, then presses etc, until all 10 sets completed)

3 x 40 x 8
2 x 44 x 8

Incline dumbell press

3 x 40 x 8
2 x 44 x 8

Decline close-grip bench press (using the 55lb plate)

1 x 55 x 25
1 x 55 x 20
1 x 55 x 15
1 x 55 x 10
1 x 55 x 5

Incline weighted oblique crunch

5 x 55 x 25

Decline ab crunch

1 x 55x 25
1 x 55 x 20
1 x 55 x 15
1 x 55 x 10
1 x 55 x 5

Saturday 3rd evening – BBQ with some friends I haven't seen in about 6 mths, lots of compliments on changes (which was great) – all meat and salad, 1 bread roll + 6 Beers

Sunday 4th July – bit of hangover, but at the gym by 10am... decided to do a slightly different workout today for a change and take it a little easy on myself

EZ Bar Curls

5 x 66 x 8

DB Overhead Triceps Press

5 x 53 x 8

PureStength Underhand Pull Downs

3 x 88 x 8
2 x 110 x 8

DB Hammer Concentration Curls

5 x 28 x 8

Seated Jacknife

5 x 25

Swiss Ball Crunch

5 x 25

Sunday 3rd Lunch with friends – Steak and salad – no beer!!

Monday 5th July – TaeKwonDo 2hrs sparring (people and pads) + 3 mile walk, the sadist suggested that I use the old fashioned hard canvas and board spot boards as the modern day foam ones wouldn't resist my power enough... yeah sounded like a good idea, 2 hrs later cut and bruised knuckles

Tuesday 6th July – B'day and leadership training course, 5 am start, looked like i'd been fighting in the streets, knuckles and body battered! Didn't see daylight for about 8 hrs and then we did some “team building excercises” outside, quite fun, getting 8 people across 10m only using two planks and two pieces of rope, who then have to cross another 10m using 3 car tyres (you're not allowed to touch the ground at any point in the 20m). 2nd exercise was similar but with three barrels placed in a triangle and then placing 3 people at each barrel, each team must change barrel stations, without touching ground between barrels using the provided planks (3 of) which conveniently (not!!) weren''t wide enough to bridge two barrels. All in all a good laugh... hotel was functional, and food wasn't great but managed a couple of grilled chicken breasts and salad and yes being my b'day (not that anyone at work remembered) had another 4 beers... really bad week!

Wednesday 7th – more outdoor activities today, today was obstacle courses across wires, ropes, trees , great laugh, including moving 10 litres of water across the course. Highlight of the day, was an individual event where we had to climb a 25 metre climbing wall and then abseil back down, as I don't have much of a propensity for heights, I really surprised myself... traffic was bad on way home, so didn't make back in time for TaeKwonDo, c'est la vie... had a nap on the sofa instead

Tree Climbing.png

Climbing Wall.png

Thursday 8th – Early start in the office today, no so time for gym this morning, bit annoyed but body probably needed the break

Friday 9th – No work today!!! went to the gym in the morning, and then some birthday shopping with the missus in the afternoon, followed by present opening with kids and out for dinner. Chicken and salad, and only diet sodas to drink

Friday 9th Workout

Twisting DB Bench Press

4 x 44 x 12

Assisted Pull Ups
(all weights are the “assist” so the lower the number the better – this had me beat in super quick time)

1 x 22 x 12
2 x 55 x 12
1 x 66 x 12

Swiss Ball Press Up

4 x BW x 12

Lying DB Row

4 x 32 x 12

Weighted Knee Raise

4 x 7 x 12

The protocol for the next three exercises was, decline ab crunch followed immediately by decline close-grip bench followed by decline overhead tri extension, then back to decline ab crunch, etc – no rests between sets therefore.

Decline ab crunch

1 x 33 x 25
1 x 33 x 20
1 x 33 x 15
1 x 33 x 10
1 x 33 x 5

Decline close-grip bench press (using the 33lb plate)

1 x 33 x 25
1 x 33 x 20
1 x 33 x 15
1 x 33 x 10
1 x 33 x 5

Decline overhead tricep extension
1 x 33 x 25
1 x 33 x 20
1 x 33 x 15
1 x 33 x 10
1 x 33 x 5

So that took care of Friday!

Saturday 10th – Gym by 8h30 and then TaeKwonDo straight after for 1hr

Bulgarian Split Squat

4 x 35 x 12

Barbell Push Press

2 x 60 x 12
2 x 70 x 12

Romanian Deadlift

2 x 120 x 12
2 x 154 x 12

Lateral Raise
(really had to do low weights to keep form, raising my arms out to the side without weight was difficult!!)

2 x 13 x 12
2 x 10 x 12

Swiss Ball weighted Ab Crunch

4 x 18 x 25

Swiss Ball weighted ab twist

4 x 18 x 25

10072010 AM1.jpg

10072010 AM2.jpg

10072010 AM3.jpg

10072010 AM4.jpg

10072010 AM5.jpg

10072010 AM6.jpg

10072010 AM7.jpg

10072010 AM8.jpg

All in all a pretty great week, with probably a balance of things, not sure if great for my abs, but I definitely let of some steam and I don't think my body suffered too much for it.

Today marks the end of my first two weeks on Natadrol, can't say i've really felt the effect of anything per se, I guess one could argue that maintaining any leaness in the past week with the diet not being on point is a positive, and I would say that I am definitely more hungry (but not giving in to that, as that won't help my cut) – on the downside, I have a seriously upset stomach which I am hoping will ease off soon, since I don't want to have to stop my cycle.

Tomorrow I will up the NataD dosing to 9 a day, and FormD to 3 – 3 weeks to vacation, really have to give it hell... reckon I can fit in 10 workouts, which will 4 workouts to complete my 6 week chest programme and then I will go back and complete the last two weeks of the 6-week Six-Pack programme again, which is 6 workouts and we'll see where we are at!!!

Hope the update was worth waiting for guys!!!

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
great update my friend!!! and love the red helmet pics... lol that climbing looked like fun! the other pics are great too. You are getting there my friend!!

funkd0c

funkd0c

Awards
  • Established
Great update, you're still improving even though you thought your deit was poor this week. Good job!

Dragon93

Dragon93

Awards
  • Established
Those pics look great. And great workout.

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
^^ jeez votum, where was the mandatory "no homo" tag...? LOL

edwitt

edwitt

Awards
  • Established
yea like the new Apple toy too

Good job man

Not the greatest World Cup game i ever saw but well done Spain

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
Workout Update

Brief workout update guys...

Monday 12th Workout

Dips

4 x BW x 12

Close Grip Inverted Row

4 x BW x 12

Close Grip Bench Press (Smith Machine -weight excludes bar)

4 x 77 x 12

Barbell Curls

4 x 55 x 12

Medicine Ball Passing Jacknife

4 x 7 x 12

Ab Wheel Roll Out

4 x BW x 12

Wednesday 14th Workout

Twisting DB Bench Press

4 x 48 x 12

Assisted Pull Ups
(all weights are the “assist” so the lower the number the better – this had me beat in super quick time)

1 x 30 x 12
1 x 44 x 12
1 x 55 x 12
1 x 66 x 12

Swiss Ball Press Up

4 x BW x 12

Lying DB Row

2 x 32 x 12
2 x 35 x 12

The protocol for the next three exercises was, decline ab crunch followed immediately by decline close-grip bench followed by decline overhead tri extension, then back to decline ab crunch, etc – no rests between sets therefore.

Decline ab crunch

1 x 33 x 25
1 x 33 x 20
1 x 33 x 15
1 x 33 x 10
1 x 33 x 5

Decline close-grip bench press (using the 33lb plate)

1 x 33 x 25
1 x 33 x 20
1 x 33 x 15
1 x 33 x 10
1 x 33 x 5

Decline overhead tricep extension
1 x 33 x 25
1 x 33 x 20
1 x 33 x 15
1 x 33 x 10
1 x 33 x 5

That's it for now - it's legs day tomorrow! (well as much as my chest programme is focused on legs that is... I might throw in some leg presses just to test myself, since I haven't done any squats or leg presses in years and have no idea what my numbers might look like)

edwitt

edwitt

Awards
  • Established
I had always neglected my legs, when I started hitting them seriously last year my whole body started to take off in particular my back numbers went thru the roof

Dragon93

Dragon93

Awards
  • Established
I had always neglected my legs, when I started hitting them seriously last year my whole body started to take off in particular my back numbers went thru the roof
I was the other way around. When I started I use to hit legs allot so now the rest of my body needs to catch up.

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
looking good big man!!! love the Kilo to lbs numbers... always look crazy!!! lol

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
looking good big man!!! love the Kilo to lbs numbers... always look crazy!!! lol
yeah I end up with some really weird "Lbs" numbers because of the 2.2 conversion from a "whole" kilo number... thanks mate!

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
well I know that legs are key to core strength, and i'm still chasing the elusive abs and figure that this sort of "change up" might make a difference

... sounds like I might be on the right track and also, won't hurt my martial arts training longer term!

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
Quick update! - I slept through two alarms this morning! guess my body needed the recharge, so no legs workout this morning :(

...however I will now aim to get to the gym after work this evening and will do it then, watch this space!

Weight update: 184lbs!!! BF Calipers 15.6% BF Scale 19.6% :fing02:

my fat a$$ has just bought a one way ticket to hell :firedevil:

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
So here it is, my journey to Pukesville :(

Friday 16th Workout

Back Squat

1 x 88 x 12
1 x 110 x 12
1 x 176 x 12
1 x 204 x 12

Push Press

4 x 70 x 12

Romanian Dead-lift

4 x 154 x 12

PureStrength Pulldown (weight each side)

2 x 88 x 12
2 x 110 x 12

Incline side bend

3 x 33 x 25

Seated jackknife twist

3 x 33 x 25

Weighted Ab Crunch

3 x 33 x 25

My ears were blocked, nausea overload and slight dizziness - must have been a great workout !!!!

Dragon93

Dragon93

Awards
  • Established
sound like a hell of a workout.

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
Progress Update

Saturday 17th Workout

TaeKwonDo - 1.5 hrs

Gym

Monday 12th Workout

Dips

4 x BW x 12

Close Grip Inverted Row

4 x BW x 12

Close Grip Bench Press (Smith Machine -weight excludes bar)

4 x 77 x 12

Barbell Curls

4 x 66 x 12

Gym Ball Passing Jacknife

4 x 7 x 12

Barbell Roll Out

4 x 66 x 12

The pics are really poor quality this week chaps, sorry...

Progress 17072010 AM1.jpg

Progress 17072010 AM2.jpg

Progress 17072010 AM3.jpg

Progress 17072010 AM4.jpg

Progress 17072010 AM5.jpg

Progress 17072010 AM6.jpg

Progress 17072010 AM7.jpg

Progress 17072010 AM8.jpg

Dragon93

Dragon93

Awards
  • Established
Your getting there bro.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
solid progress man, really starting to see u lean out nice (homo). keep it up man!

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
Will do bro, reckon I got six workouts in me + TKD training, and should be able to manage a few volume basic workouts at hotel gym while away

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
Sunday 18th June

Incline bench press
4 x 88 x 12

Barbell Shrug
4 x 70 x 12

Bench press
4 x 110 x 12

Dumbbell Flye
4 x 40 x 12

Barbell Bent Over Row
4 x 88 x 12

Weighted Pike Crunch
4 x 7 x 12

Medicine Ball Leg drop
4 x 7 x 12

Shoulder was giving me a bit of grief, so had to keep weight manageable... Wish I had some ghenerate or hghpro right now! Might have to order some this week

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
hard to really get a good look with the lighting being the way it was, but from what I can see the abs are looking a bit leaner and the shoulders a bit fuller. Keep it up my friend

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
hard to really get a good look with the lighting being the way it was, but from what I can see the abs are looking a bit leaner and the shoulders a bit fuller. Keep it up my friend
Yeah they weren't great shots, taken at the gym on the phone... Will try and get some proper ones next week on the camera and in the bathroom which seems slighly better.

Dragon93

Dragon93

Awards
  • Established
Keep Killing it bro. You will have to get some Cissus for that shoulder. It also helps with fat loss. :)

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
MONSTER (ok well maybe more like a troll when compared to you guys!)

Workout Monday 21st July - TaeKwonDo only, since i'd trained three days straight and shoulder playing up I decided just to do my TKD session in the evening - actually turned out to be a really good 2hrs

Tuesday - nothing, work got in the way :(

Wednesday 22nd (Brace yourselves:shocked1:)

Back Squat
110 x 12
176 x 12
198 x 12
220 x 12 (PR)

Push Press (overhead press from a half squat, done in two stages, so not to add momentum to the press)

88 x 12 x 4 (PR)

Leg Press

330 x 12 x 3
374 x 12 x 1 (PR)

I did try and put on 400, but wasn't going to happen today

Romanian Deadlift

176 x 4 x 12

Swiss Ball Crunch

33 x 4 x 20

Swiss Ball Russian Twist

33 x 4 x 12 (each side)

I tell you it's a good job I didn't take the "stickshift" to the gym today, not sure I could have truly worked the clutch that well!

Tonight more TaeKwonDo, will take tomorrow off and then back to business on Friday (it's arms day :love:)

Dragon93

Dragon93

Awards
  • Established
Great workout bro. Nice PRs.

edwitt

edwitt

Awards
  • Established
Cissus for ligaments sb staple mate, buy it here at NP they have bulk powder

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
Workout Update

So I got the Cissus (thanks guys!) today, and have taken one dose already, let's see if it helps with the shoulder which is proving to be a right pain in the a$$! I also ordered some 5-HTP which I will be taking at bedtime (i'm interested to see if it will help with my sleep cycle, and since it's cheaper than GH products, could be a winner!)

Also on order from local supplier is some RTD Carnivor Beef Protein Isolate vials (24 x 120ml) to be exact, 50g protein, no fat, no carbs, easy to pack for holiday and mucking about once at hotel with powders and shakers - plan to take two vials daily whilst away and use whole food for the remainder of my daily intake - i like the idea of beef protein and the product write ups sound interesting... i'll have to let you guys know how it goes!

Workout Friday 23rd July

PureStrength Isotonic Pulldown's (weight each side)

547_pull_down_big.jpg

88 x 12
99 x 12
110 x 12
121 x 12 (PR)

DB Tri Extensions (ok i was pleased with this until I read AG's log today)

44 x 12
48 x 12
57 x 12
70 x 12 (PR)

One Handed Cable Woodchop (this killed the shoulder, but I gritted my teeth)

22 x 12 (each arm)
28 x 12 (each arm)
33 x 12 (each arm)
39 x 12 (each arm) (PR)

EZ Bar Curls

5 x 75 x 8 (was at failure every time I got to 8, so did an extra set to make up for my obviously weak a$$, but still a PR for me)

Incline Side bends

4 x 33 x 20

Incline Back Extensions
2 x BW x 12
2 x 33 x 12

...and I was toast!

looking forward to siesta time already! :sombrero:

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
So my order has just arrived from local supplier, lots of samples which was nice, already have eaten protein flapjack since it was time for some protein anyway.... Also included a 30 page advertising brochure from USP and guess who's on the cover AND taking up all of page 13?

Answers on a postcard please, but you could say from looking at the transformation pics he certainly "kleen'd" himself up!

Not online but will scan and post our international cover star!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I wonder whom he could be talking about. Man I can't believe I have been missing out on your log. Just got caught up too. Going great so far.

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
I wonder whom he could be talking about. Man I can't believe I have been missing out on your log. Just got caught up too. Going great so far.
Thanks bro! I couldn't believe the pics I figured you'd always been an athlete! What a transformation, what was the actual time to transform... 12 weeks on the asteroid stack like my very informative supplement guide says? Or a little longer?

Dragon93

Dragon93

Awards
  • Established
Your numbers are coming up nice bro. Keep Killing it.

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
Workout Update and some more rubbish pics from the phone...

Well I thought I looked better this morning, but gym was packed and felt too self-conscious to take pics after the workout, so the pics where taken this evening, no pump at all and after dinner... so all things considered I think we're still seeing progress. Sorry about the very white leg pic, but I wanted to see what you guys thought, as i said i haven't worked legs in years and already some definition is starting to come back.

I think the supps are treating me well, apart from a very strange sweet tooth craving... and i'm not generally a sweet tooth person, and some stomach issues.

So went to the gym first thing after packing the son off to scout camp and walking the dog and then went straight to TaeKwonDo, so been a busy day.

Workout 24th July

Incline bench press
1 x 66 x 12
2 x 88 x 12
1 x 110 x 12 (PR)

Barbell Shrug
1 x 70 x 12
1 x 88 x 12
1 x 99 x 12
1 x 110 x 12 (PR)

Bench press
4 x 110 x 12

Dumbbell Flye
4 x 40 x 12

Barbell Bent Over Row
1 x 88 x 12
1 x 99 x 12
1 x 110 x 12
1 x 121 x 12 (PR)

Swiss Ball Glute Bridge

4 x BW x 20

Swiss Ball Crunch

4 x BW x 20

Leg Raises

4 x BW x 45 sec hold 3 inches off the floor

I think i might have posted somewhere on the forum that I didn't think the NataD was really having much effect on my strength.... errr :ntome: I'd like to take that back! I might not feel stronger, but i'm moving more weight almost every session in at least one or two excercises in the last week... and i've still got weeks to run this!

Progress 24072010 001.jpg

Progress 24072010 002.jpg

Progress 24072010 003.jpg

Progress 24072010 004.jpg

Dragon93

Dragon93

Awards
  • Established
Your strength is coming along well. Something is working for ya. And every time you post pics they look better and better.

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
Your strength is coming along well. Something is working for ya. And every time you post pics they look better and better.
Thanks bro! You're like my personal motivator, I appreciate your comments and always checking my log