Well it started out well....

Front squat
1 x 12 x 232lbs
2 x 12 x 242lbs (PR)

Leg Press (Technogym PureStrength)
1 x 12 x 220lbs
1 x 12 x 330lbs
1 x 12 x 440lbs (PR)

Well, about rep 9, I experienced some pain in my left rib, as I drew my knees into chest... I suspect iPod in left hand pocket wasn't my best move when performing this move with 440lbs!

But wait it gets WORSE....

Romainian Deadlifts
1 x 12 x 176lbs
1 x 12 x 187lbs (PR)
1 x 8.... x 187lbs and then it happened, I must have taken my "eye off the ball" so to speak, almighty pain struck and I was done, lower back gone....

Managed to lower weight to floor, put the plates away, which hurt like hell, and then moved to the back extension bench (thought trying to stretch it out might help) did three sets of 20 reps and same for ab crunches and had to call it a day.

Went straight to pharmacy, bought some back heat pads and ibuprofen

Pain pretty bad yesterday, bending a bit of a problem, standing up from sitting is very uncomfortable, dosed up with 1000mg paracetamol, 400mg ibuprofen and 85mg codeine every 5 hrs and got on with the rest of my day (I'd promised to take my little girl to Toy Story 3D) so did the fatherly thing and "manned up"

Today got up at 4am for flight, pain berable, dosed up and got my flight... Great to see folks and pain is there but better

I have a docs appointment on Wednesday made for when I get back, but hoping just muscular, and some R&R might help and maybe some drugs too!

Think my squat and deadlifts are going to have to take a backseat for a little bit, don't even really know how this will impact on rest of lifting, since it's a core injury... Watch this space, will keep you posted folks :(

Dragon93

Dragon93

Awards
  • Established
That sucks bro your numbers where looking strong. Take the time to heal and come back and hit it strong.

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
That sucks bro your numbers where looking strong. Take the time to heal and come back and hit it strong.
I'm not giving up yet, and if I do have to put weights on hold, I'm going to do whatever I can to maintain and grow in other ways... Lots of swimming may just be round the corner :) but agree sucks big time, I felt unstoppable yesterday... Clearly that was my first mistake!

Dragon93

Dragon93

Awards
  • Established
I'm not giving up yet, and if I do have to put weights on hold, I'm going to do whatever I can to maintain and grow in other ways... Lots of swimming may just be round the corner :) but agree sucks big time, I felt unstoppable yesterday... Clearly that was my first mistake!
I've had the same thing happen and I was out for 2 weeks

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
things looking good here wild man!!!

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
INJURY UPDATE...

Well looks like I've torn some ligaments, but nothing serious BUT then again british doctors are a bit useless! Anyway, I haven't been told NOT to do anything other than listen to body and do nothing that gives me pain - genius... I wonder if I could become a General Practitioner?

Anyway, I think the rest is doing me good, even if it is driving me insane, the shoulder almost doesn't hurt at all and my back pain reduces each day, I think i'll give it until Saturday (that will be a whole week without excercise) and see how I get on and aim to start back to normal routines, including TKD on Monday. I may have to reduce the weight, and go light to build back up again, but I think that may be the sensible route in the absence of any sound medical advice.

What do you guys think, give it longer with complete rest or try and ease myself back in again? Or do I change up completely and maybe go for some volume training and HIIT for next 4 weeks?

Anyway let me know your thoughts....

Found a new before pic today :shocked1: and then got the missus to take this one to make me feel better - really battling with this lack of exercise, I feel very flabby haven't not worked out in a week, pain has to be better than insanity?

Harpoon me!.jpg
Progress 18082010 MM.jpg

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
I think your plan looks good. You know your body better than us. Just play it by ear. Like I am doing with the leg, know that line of muscle building pain, and get injured pain. you have enough experience to know that line. Now KILL IT!!!!

edwitt

edwitt

Awards
  • Established
Well looks like I've torn some ligaments, but nothing serious BUT then again british doctors are a bit useless! Anyway, I haven't been told NOT to do anything other than listen to body and do nothing that gives me pain - genius... I wonder if I could become a General Practitioner?

Anyway, I think the rest is doing me good, even if it is driving me insane, the shoulder almost doesn't hurt at all and my back pain reduces each day, I think i'll give it until Saturday (that will be a whole week without excercise) and see how I get on and aim to start back to normal routines, including TKD on Monday. I may have to reduce the weight, and go light to build back up again, but I think that may be the sensible route in the absence of any sound medical advice.

What do you guys think, give it longer with complete rest or try and ease myself back in again? Or do I change up completely and maybe go for some volume training and HIIT for next 4 weeks?

Anyway let me know your thoughts....

Found a new before pic today :shocked1: and then got the missus to take this one to make me feel better - really battling with this lack of exercise, I feel very flabby haven't not worked out in a week, pain has to be better than insanity?

View attachment 34784View attachment 34785
wow what a transformation

great job mate

funkd0c

funkd0c

Awards
  • Established
Wow what a difference bro! Get that rest and heal up quick!

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
I am not a fan of rest personally, just lower your weight a lot, and start easing back in, you will know when you pushed too far, pressing just the bar is 100 times better than pressing nothing ya know?

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
Yep, know what you mean mate - going back on Saturday, have a busy work schedule over today and tomorrow

edwitt

edwitt

Awards
  • Established
You can actually make some nice gains with lower weights,

Key is "Time under Tension" aim for 3 second positive and negative you will be very suprised at how hard this is and how significantly you will have to reduce the weights

You can definitely get some nice growth with this method :)

I like cables they work very well with this technique but u can pretty much perform any regular exercise and get food results

Try shoulder presses @ 25lb be surprised if you can manage 15 :) and what a great burn and pump you can get. You just have to resist the temptation to speed up

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
Thanks ed!!! Great post, I have new routines I was planning to try but had thought I would delay them, I might now give them a go on this basis...

Xrays back today confirmed no major issues just torn muscles/ligaments in both ribs and back

Also going to order some blue emu for ongoing shoulder support :fing02:

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
That's what Lee Priest did pretty much, low weights

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
Help me win Maximuscle's Body of 2010...

Ok guys, complete long shot and looking at the other entries, I don't have a lot of chance BUT there is a voters choice element to the competition...

so you guys who think i've done a great job so far and been following my log could really help me out by voting for me online at (and make my score far less embarassing!)

Maximuscle : Body Of 2010 under the "inspire us" category, i've only recently made it through the moderation round, so I should still be on the first page....

you should recognise the photo's :veryhappy:

help a brother out...

Cheers' guys

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
voted, and great progress!!! gave you 5 stars

scope75

scope75

Awards
  • Established
Hurting your back sure does suck but just keep doing all you can do and just work your way threw it!!! Good luck on a speedy recovery!!

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
Ok guys 6.25am, T-5!!! We will shortly know whether or not I've taken enough of a recovery break...

Went to TKD last night, bearable pain, but great session freakin' loved it!!! Good to be back, now let's see where this next trial takes us...

Until later fellas!

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
Workout Update, end of cycle and update pics

Natadrol Cycle Review

So yesterday marked the end of my 8 week run on Natadrol, below are the pics from 1st July when I started the cycle and this morning.

1st July 2010 AM 7.jpg
Progress 24082010 008 (800x567).jpg

1st July 2010 AM 5.jpg
Progress 24082010 006 (572x800).jpg

1st July 2010 AM 2.jpg
Progress 24082010 013 (588x800).jpg

I think the visual improvement is there IMHO, it's been a great run and I actually think I would have leaned out more and gained some more muscle definition if it were not for my recent injury which prevented me from training until today. I would also say that my diet hasn't been as good as I would have liked probably for the whole of August with the holiday, kids being off school and visiting family, etc ; so all in all i've had a healthy dose of real life during the eight weeks and yet improvements are clear. My weight has pretty much maintained, (starting @ 186lbs) I did drop to 184lbs at one point in the cycle but have put some of that back on over the past two weeks - I am am entirely confident though that I will be dropping the extra very very shortly, and hoping to drop to a new all time low during PCT (fingers crossed!)

In terms of libido, I haven't had any complaints although strangely my one and only customer has neglected to fill in her "customer satisfaction" form, something about it being too onerous to complete :ntome: (i'll work on re-drating it for my next cylcle, i'm not sure she understands the importance of customer feedback). It's fair to say libido was high and no shut down experienced whatsoever, but we should bear in mind that I did run Formadrol all the way through the cycle and now into PCT.

Strength, now that's where it's really telling, unfortunately because I chop and change my workouts soo much it's hard to tell exactly but here are some highlights for you (before injury)

Seated Cable Row 220 to 400lbs
Incline Bench 88 - 110lbs
Deadlift 154 - 187lbs
Squat 176 - 242lbs
Leg Press 330 - 440lbs

Overall guys, a great run and a product that I would recommend to anyone looking for a lean recomp with strength enhancement, now begins PCT!

...and speaking of PCT - having followed so many other logs on AM (as you do) and with my obsession to lean out further, i've decided to make PCT a bit of a mini-stack on it's own!

So after careful consideration, some research and deciding that i'll leave my Pink Asteriod Recreation stack for later when I can maximise/focus on strength again (i don't want to re-injure myself) and after to speaking to the nice chaps at AI, i'll be running the following PCT

Starting today

Post Cycle Therapy

Supp staples (fish oils, cissus, ASGT +AP, Maximuscle protein, green tea, CLA)

Formadrol - using up what i have left should get me around 21 days, dosed as follows

week 1 - 5 week 2 - 4 week 3 - 3

From 1st September for 30 days precisely

AI SWOLE stack (glycobol/Testopro/stoked) - dosed as directed
AI HGHPro - dosed as directed
AI Life Support - dosed as directed (and really part of my staples anyway)
DS Lean Xtreme - Cort control (as directed) 3 per day, 2am pre workout + 1, 4 hrs later BUT on double traning days i.e. TaeKwonDo and Weights, i'll be taking the second dose pre-workout and on non-training days 2 on waking and 1 4 hrs later.

Workout Protocol

Over the next 6 weeks i'm going to be taking a volume based approach to my training, in that hope that lighter weights will help aid recovery, but also assist in my quest to further lean out. The routine I've choosed from my little collection is geared towards building broader shoulders, which of course as we all know is what gives a nice V shape to the body and will hopefully make me look leaner even if i am not! I will be attempting to do each set with the same weight to failure, with the next set being 5 less than the previous set and so for 4 sets (5 if time/stamina allows)

Today's workout was on this basis

Incline Bench
66lbs + smith bar
reps 20/15/10/5

Lateral DB Raise
15lbs
reps 20/15/10/5

Incline Lat Pulldown
99lbs
20/15/10/5

Standing Cable Reverse Flye
5lbs each side (yes you read that correctly and yes that's the best i could do!)
20/15/10/5

Standing Cable Overhead Press with a twist (kinda like a reverse woodchop) really felt it on the obliques and shoulders
5lbs (yes yes the same as above damnit, probably could have got more but would have failed before the 4th set i reckon)
20/15/10/5

Swiss Ball Crunch
25/20/15/10

Swiss Ball Jacknife
25/20/15/10

Swiss Ball Alternating Superman (harder than the look! first time i've done these)
25/20/15/10

Anyway lunch break over and back to work fellas!

but at least no injury pain, great burn during and after workout and sweated like a beast....

Dragon93

Dragon93

Awards
  • Established
Looking great bro

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
Ok guys my AI products have arrived, anyone got a view in whether or not running PES' new product ERASE would be overkill? It's such a good price on the Pre-sale at NP!

Maybe I'll buy and put in the store cupboard for the later USP stack....

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What is your current AI stack look like?

Erase is more potent than anything else Over The Counter, and at an extreme value.

As far as stocking up now, NOW would be the time as the pre-sale price is a SALE price.

I wouldnt stack Erase with any other AI's because simply no others are needed. Thats why the supplement only contains one ingredient.

If you just HAD to stack it though, just dose it at 1 capsule

Youd probably get more from a full dose of Erase alone though

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
What is your current AI stack look like?

Erase is more potent than anything else Over The Counter, and at an extreme value.

As far as stocking up now, NOW would be the time as the pre-sale price is a SALE price.

I wouldnt stack Erase with any other AI's because simply no others are needed. Thats why the supplement only contains one ingredient.

If you just HAD to stack it though, just dose it at 1 capsule

Youd probably get more from a full dose of Erase alone though
By AI stack, I meant the supplier annabolic innovations... Will be taking the swole stack with hghPro as well as lean extreme

But I am finishing off my bottle of Formadrol xtreme

Does that help?

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
hey man great log and great progress!!!! Keep it up mate!!!

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
hey man great log and great progress!!!! Keep it up mate!!!
thanks major, much appreciated.... need to weigh in again soon, i've been avoiding for a while BUT with the new stack starting on 1st, i'll be posting a full set of measurements and weight then

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
Workout Update & Pics

Wednesday 25th August 2010
TaeKwonDo 1h15mins & 45 mins light cardio

Thursday 26th August 2010

Front Squat - 66lbs excl Smith bar
25/20/15/10/5

Leg Curl - 66lbs
25/20/15/10/5

Back Extension - 22lbs
25/20/15/10/5

Calf Raise - 66lbs excl Smith bar
25/20/15/10/5 ( I had a real burn from these, I have quite big calves already so I tend not to work them - it's now saturday and I still have DOMS, walking is an issue!)

Cable Woodchop - 11lbs
25/20/15/10/5 each side

Swiss Ball Russian Twist - 18lb medicine ball
25/20/15/10/5

Saturday 28th August 2010

TaeKwonDo 1h15mins

Dumbbell Bench - 31lbs
25/20/15/10/5

Alternating Twisting Dumbbell Curl - 22lbs
25/20/15/10/5 each side

Standing Barbell behind Neck Press - 38lbs
25/20/15/10/5

Bench Dip (couldn't manage proper BW, shoulder said NO)
25/20/15/10/5

Plank
5 x 45 secs

Bosu Ball Crunch
25/20/15/10/5

Progress 28082010 001 (800x598).jpg
Progress 28082010 002 (800x598).jpg

Progress 28082010 003 (800x598).jpg
Progress 28082010 004 (598x800).jpg

and here's one of the dog, his workouts aren't going that well for him...

Progress 24082010 001 (598x800).jpg

Dragon93

Dragon93

Awards
  • Established
Nice workouts bro and good looking dog.

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
Nice workouts bro and good looking dog.
thanks mate, love that damn dog!!

Yes he is a handsome, if a somewhat lazy beast... strong a bleedin' ox though when there's something he's actually interested in (i.e. bone, food of any type, squirrel, the neighbour's cat, puppies, etc, etc)