Focused nutrition OstaElite Log

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
if anyone else is low carbing and allowed to have artificial sweeteners, these are amazing

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Seems to be visual changes every time you take pics... that is awesome! You certainly put in the work!

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
Seems to be visual changes every time you take pics... that is awesome! You certainly put in the work!
Thank you and yes especially in my back in seeing a lot of changes... My legs are tightening up nicely as well. My stomach is changing, but because I did carry most of my weight there, as well as pregnancies, I'm going to have some loose skin and it's harder to see, but it will get there

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wow! Amazing results so far!

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
Totally just noticed that I posted the wrong workout lol... I posted this 3 places and no one caught it let me grab the right one

Edit: or not its in the car and I'm not getting dressed. Will post tomorrow

General idea
Upright rows
Lateral raise/hammer press SS
Rear incline flys
Incline db front raises
Delt/strict T raises SS
Front raise/shoulder press SS
Db upright SS with something
Lateral PD
Face pulls
Single lateral pull downs
Seated face pulls
Then the second page is correct

Marms

Marms

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Newbies should really pay attention to this log! This is how it should be done. GREAT JOB IN HERE !

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
Newbies should really pay attention to this log! This is how it should be done. GREAT JOB IN HERE !
Thank you!!! Back on that cardio grind this morning!

I want to say today is like day 22? I'll have to go back and count later since I'm off work. 36 more days of cutting to go. Time to put in the work for sure!

CJNator

Awards
I noticed but I was waiting for you to notice :D lol I go with tht

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
I noticed but I was waiting for you to notice :D lol I go with tht
Lol that is what happens when you try to snap a pic quick before cardio so you can have something to do during cardio besides make stupid snaps

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
Ok yes today is day 22!

Went back and looked and counted it up.

Ended up with a change in gym plans today. I got called into work for a good friend whose daughter needed emergency tests run, so tomorrow I will do my fasted cardio. Go back before lunch do glutes and cardio (imagine my happy face here lol) and then go back in the evening and lift chest and tri.

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
Because sometimes the lighting at work is just perfect
it's coming together =) this is after all the food and all the water

CJNator

Awards
Lats are looking all cut up! You're definitely getting lean overall! **** you also have 3 weeks to go! You got this :D !

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
5 weeks to go thank god . I don't think 3 would be enough and 5 is cutting it close. Thanks

CJNator

Awards
My counting is always off lol at least 5 weeks is better then 3!

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
Day 23!!! One hour of cardio is already complete and am currently eating breakfast. Going to try to spread my food out better today because around 3 yesterday I ended up psychotically hungry and whiny waiting for my next time to eat. Then got slammed and didn't get to eat until 730

Time to make Friday great!

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
Lift #1 of the day. Booty work.

I won't lie... I want an awesome butt but I hate doing glute work. A. Most of the stuff bores me and is awkward. B. It hurts.

I'm exhausted and feeling it majorly today. Currently knocking out some cardio intervals. 1 min slow "glide" 1 min stepping for 20-30 depending on how I feel. Then I'm eating. I haven't had any carbs yet today. It's a 30g of carbs day. Sucks, but for me it works.
popping a smidge more than last night.

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
Lift #2
. My energy is ranked. Someone's is gonna sleep well tonight after a long soak in the tub. Tomorrow is Saturday so no fasted cardio. Loooong work day. Doing cardio and maybe a small lift after work. Then time with a friend being normal . Sunday may actually turn out to be a total rest day if my mom isn't feeling generous enough to keep the kids long enough for me to do cardio. We will see.

WANTED

WANTED

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Every time I come in here your pics are looking better and better! Great work.
Yes for sure take a full rest day :)
You need it and deserve it

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
Every time I come in here your pic are looking better and better! Great work.
Yes for sure take a full rest day :)
Thank you. It's super rare I do this much in one day, but with getting called into work yesterday I had extra to do. I refuse to have a what if or a regret or an I could have done over the next 5 weeks.

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
Today is 4 weeks out for me and day 24 of OstaElite. Scale is at 123. Measurements are coming down
Waist is 25.5 at the navel and 27 just below it
Hips are 34.5
Shoulders 39
Chest is 34.5 and 31

It's all coming together!

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
Leg day. Took a day off cardio. Tomorrow will be posing and cardio. No lifting . Did an abbreviated leg workout and some foam rolling. Nothing to heavy just focused on form and getting a good pump going. Threw in some light weight front squats for a change as well. Currently I'm taking myself on a date to sonic for a diet cherry Diet Coke because I'm friggin cool like that.

CJNator

Awards
Leg day. Took a day off cardio. Tomorrow will be posing and cardio. No lifting . Did an abbreviated leg workout and some foam rolling. Nothing to heavy just focused on form and getting a good pump going. Threw in some light weight front squats for a change as well. Currently I'm taking myself on a date to sonic for a diet cherry Diet Coke because I'm friggin cool like that.

I never understood or looked into foam rolling lol what is it for?

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
I never understood or looked into foam rolling lol what is it for?
It is a way to get the tension in the muscle to release. It can also break up scar tissue and help to bring out muscle separation

CJNator

Awards
It is a way to get the tension in the muscle to release. It can also break up scar tissue and help to bring out muscle separation
I might just start it to see if it helps me out, I've been feeling tight. Also you are looking good! Legs are leaning out nicely!

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
I might just start it to see if it helps me out, I've been feeling tight. Also you are looking good! Legs are leaning out nicely!
It's worth trying. Big things are don't roll over any joints. Don't roll over your lower ribs. They can and will break with body weight on them. There are good videos on YouTube that can explain how to use it on different muscle groups.

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
https://youtu.be/ysYxF7Q8SGM
Did some posing today forgot my iPad so I couldn't video and run music at the same time. Knocking out about an hour of cardio right now. Tomorrow I am coming to do cardio and then assuming everything goes as planned in headed up to West Virginia for the day to train with my best friend and get a smidge of mental down time.

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
Busting out 30 cardio before doing some last minute errands and hitting the road.

Prepped food for today and tomorrow last night and froze it and am blessed to have a 6 pack purse. Worked it so today is a higher carb day to make the drive easier. I like to eat when I drive lol

I know I'm lifting back tonight but not certain if I'm doing my thing or if my friend is gonna mix it up and tweak things for me. They think my training is nuts lol. Won't do mine . Bless them. May be tomorrow before I have a full check in! Have a great day!

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established

Few quick pics ended up training shoulders instead of back. Got to check out a great little gym and have some fun. Was doing 65lb military presses the first time I ever tried them and by my last set was getting 12 reps. Vascularity is way up as well super happy

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
Day 28?

Let's see yesterday I trained back for an hour and a half and did 30 cardio. My notebook was packed still, but it was my usual workout. Nothing spectacular, I felt like crap. I think I have a small touch of food poisoning. I'm clearly the most stubborn person ever because despite being up sick all night in at the gym sweating out fasted cardio because my stomach is empty anyways.

My lifting is going to depend on how I feel after I get some food in me. I'm either going to redo my shoulders and do all my usual stuff since I did my friends workout Monday, or I'll do legs. And legs with a ticked off stomach... Yeah I don't know about all that.
Otherwise I'm feeling really good. My muscles are looking different, not really certain how to describe it. My best friend was absolutely convinced I was taking other substances until I showed him. He was flat out like alright what are you on because it looks like you are taking (name of stuff here). I had a trainer come up to me yesterday and comment on how good of a shape they are taking as well. Getting there slow and steady.

CJNator

Awards
Lol I love those "you're on something" remarks, they are more like complements then anything though IMO :D.

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
Lol I love those "you're on something" remarks, they are more like complements then anything though IMO :D.
I totally took it as a compliment.. They are on a whole lot so they really can't say a word to me he had been hinting for awhile and I had been avoiding figuring I would get a lecture. They worry about me.

CJNator

Awards
I totally took it as a compliment.. They are on a whole lot so they really can't say a word to me he had been hinting for awhile and I had been avoiding figuring I would get a lecture. They worry about me.
That's the best thing to do to avoid a lecture lol pretend you don't notice anything.

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
Mentally I'm struggling a bit today. Had to give myself a me vs me pep talk. I'm doing this for me anyways so what does the rest matter. Currently knocking out cardio session number two, to total 2 hours of cardio. My life for the next 30 days. Which means I am 31 days out. Eek.

Lifted shoulders today definitely getting more vascular and more striations

Lift felt good but my back is super sore between workouts, being sick all night and all the driving so I did eliminate some stuff I normally do like my face pulls

WANTED

WANTED

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wow!! Way different than just the last set of pics. Delts are looking very nice.
Bis are way more defined as well. They look bigger.

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
Some of it may be I'm coming of 2 higher carb days some I'm kinda fluffy from them
Thank you

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
Oh I should prob add that the last few nights I've had night sweats like crazy. Not certain if it's just from lower body fat/lower estrogen or the OstaElite or a combo but yeah. Glad I sleep alone

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
It's been a long week... I haven't talked diet in awhile. Starting tomorrow... 30 days out. I will be doing 6, 30g carb days followed by 1 150g carb day. I'm going to be slowly lowering my fats some and raising my protein.

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It really is amazing to see the changes from day to day in here!

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
my shoulder last night at work. Getting vascular even when I'm not at the gym.

Currently knocking out 1 hour and 30 on the stair mill. I'm coming back and training legs after work today, so I want to knock out 90% of my cardio now so I have enough time to get in a really strong leg day, burn off some of the extra carbs I've had as I enter into a cycle of lower carbs for these last 30 days.

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established

Today's workout ^^

Left my food at home today during work. Epic fail. Managed to make something work between a salad and Walgreens. Also fortunately had protein in the car.

Then I fell asleep sitting up in the chair at work. Oops. I'm doing ok right now, but honestly I had one of those days where I was like screw it I'm throwing in the towel. And my friend was like um no nope. My stomach is really bloated from having been sick, I think once that is "normal" I'm going to feel better again. It was just a strange day in general. I had a total stranger grab my arm and was like oh my gosh your arm is just so pretty.

I'm currently walking my legs out, I did 10 minutes of hard cardio immediately after legs.

Going back to my mood though. Don't get me wrong I'm loving the process. I'm loving the changes I'm making, I love my training, the diet meh... I could stand to have some chocolate or pizza I'm just really tired and I'm putting stress on myself to be the best me. Saturday is going to be a light cardio day, no lifting, I'll feel better after that I'm sure.

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established

Some of these you can see how my upper stomach is bloated. Don't get food poisoning guys it can mess you up

CJNator

Awards
If ur bloated I'm a balloon :D lol do u take probiotics? Maybe that can help you out.

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
If ur bloated I'm a balloon :D lol do u take probiotics? Maybe that can help you out.
Lol my clothes hide it... The top of my stomach is super pooched out though. I don't take probiotics, but I upped my fiber, and I'm trying to get in extra water as well.

CJNator

Awards
Has upping your fiber helped? I've read if your fiber is too high it can have the opposite effect on people. Either way I hope it goes goes down soon!

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
Has upping your fiber helped? I've read if your fiber is too high it can have the opposite effect on people. Either way I hope it goes goes down soon!
Normally if I'm bloated, if I increase it for a few days and up my water I level back out.

CJNator

Awards
Normally if I'm bloated, if I increase it for a few days and up my water I level back out.
Oh ok so you know what you're doing, I thought this was like an abnormal incident for you lol.