Focused nutrition OstaElite Log

Marms

Marms

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Very interesting to see all the detail in this log. Makes a perfect example for how this lifestyle really is. Especially for the people that don't understand how all this works.

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
Very interesting to see all the detail in this log. Makes a perfect example for how this lifestyle really is. Especially for the people that don't understand how all this works.
The quote that always comes to mind for me is the one about continuing to do something no matter what after the initial thought/desire has left. Wanting something so badly you make sacrifices and just keep going. I was talking on Facebook yesterday about how I knew this was going to be hard, but I never realized exactly how hard I was going to have to push from and how deep down I was going to have to dig some days just to keep going. It's hard because 95% of my friends really don't get that for the next 6ish weeks I really can't "just go" eat/do things. If I want an extra treat my butt has to work for it.

Currently just ended 1:05 on the stair mill 253 flights and 4053 steps. Unless I come back and hit glutes tonight, I'm taking a rest day from lifting. My last one was Thursday. About to walk my legs out some.

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
4 pm seems to be like my witching hour or something lately. I can be having a great day and idk what it is about that time but it's like exhaustion hits and everything just starts to get to me. My friend that has helped me in the past with diet and training is on my butt to get more sleep. I'm headed up there for a short trip next week. Get a small mental break figure out if we want to tweak my diet or training for the last month and some lifting.

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
this quote

I've somehow gotten a pump in my arms while doing cardio and it hurts lol

Refeeding some carbs today. Shooting for about 150 up to maybe 200 depending on how the day is going. Get some energy back in me.

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
Ended up taking a night off the gym and went to a friends and learned how to cook tilapia and asparagus without messing it up... I'll probably still mess it up.
Mentally had a super down day. Just wasn't me. I kept my diet on point though and I got my cardio in, so it small victories.

Getting some adult time with my friend (get your mind out of the gutter we talked food and prep and life ) improved my mood drastically. It had been awhile since I had done anything other than work, gym, or stuff with the kids.

Back at it tomorrow!

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
Will come back with a more full update in a bit, but the hot flashes IMO are definitely estrogen (or lack there of based) I woke up to my hair absolutely drenched in sweat this morning. I know other girls that have gone through this as their body weight gets lower.

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
Woke up to a kid with an upset stomach. Current plan is no fasted cardio. She's with me not at school and it raining. If she feels better I'm going to the gym after work. If she doesn't feel better I keep around various beach body DVDs and I have bands and weights here and can knock out a basic work out.

I'm about to attempt cooking tilapia. This is either going to be great or the biggest fail of all time.

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
Freaking awesome work out today and I am in the best mood I've been in, in I don't know how long. I had one of those moments when I saw myself in the mirror and was like heck yes I've got this

Strength is maintaining and I am very happy about that

I would have liked to have lifted a little longer, but I do have to make cardio a priority as well and am currently getting in 30 on the stair mill as I write this.

I'm noticing my forearms(and arms in general) are getting more vascular by the day. My triceps feel a lot harder to the touch as well.

So far my diet has been on point today, I'm gonna try to get a little more water in, I'm slacking but other wise it's an awesome day and I'm happy.

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You are killing it! Although it doesn't look like the older fella on the bench behind you is impressed...

I noticed mood enhancement on my last osta run too. I'm not sure if it's from seeing the great effects at the gym and in the mirror or if osta actually has some mood benefits too. Whatever it is, I'll take it!

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
^^. Yeah he just sat there for a long while lol

I was super down yesterday, but that was definitely more me than anything. I've been cutting 12 weeks now? So it's taken a toll. Taking yesterday a smidge easier and today as well I think was beneficial.

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wow. 12 weeks. Yep, that would take a toll on anybody. I can only manage 4-6 weeks at a time before I have to take a week off. I still got a bit of the fat kid inside :p

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
^ I'll never do an 18 week prep again unless I've got enough muscle to cut with like 2000 cal a day lol

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
I've found a third ab when lying down I'm laughing so hard I'm almost in tears lol I am so easily amused but I'm glad to know that now there's at least 3 in there

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
woke up feeling super lean this morning! My show is 6 weeks from oh right now? My legs feel a ton leaner as well!

Today will be evening cardio and depending on what else is going on maybe some strength style training.

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
Popping in to share some back progress while I knock out cardio

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Back is looking great.... you prove that consistency is key...

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
Wrapping up an hour and over 4000 steps on the stair mill.

Did squats and dead lifts yesterday and today is going to be a lifting rest day

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established

Kids had an in service day today from school so it threw a loop in today's training and I will be doing double cardio tomorrow to make up for no fasted cardio today. Kinda a light day on the training but I wanted to get in at least 45 of cardio, so I knocked all that out in an hour and drastically cut down on my rest intervals. My back has started leaning out super fast and I'm really happy with how it's looking

I'm pale as a ghost and I'm going to have to start tanning I feel like being this pasty makes me look like death and I need a good base before the show and can't risk being burned the week before.

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Shoulders and back are looking great!

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
My tank top was super loose fitting today compared to where it was a few weeks ago

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My tank top was super loose fitting today compared to where it was a few weeks ago
That is awesome too. The little things are what keep me motivated!

CJNator

Awards
You should do spay tan but try not to look like Snookie lol :D

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
You should do spay tan but try not to look like Snookie lol :D
That would help me for now but not with the base for the show . I have some fake bake I may put on in a minute and see how orange I turn by morning

CJNator

Awards
That would help me for now but not with the base for the show . I have some fake bake I may put on in a minute and see how orange I turn by morning
Let us know how orange you are in the morning lol! Dye your hair green and you can be a leaned out umpa lumpa for Halloween :D

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
Checking in today from halfway through a psychotic amount of cardio.

I'll be coming back later to train legs and probably more cardio to make up for a lack of it yesterday. Debating on if I want to double up and hit shoulders when I come back for the cardio. I have to see how I'm feeling once I get food in me and maybe a nap because I did not sleep well at all last night.

Otherwise everything else is well.

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
Weight was down to 123.8 this morning! Super excited about that.

Morning cardio was 45 minutes fasted on the stair mill

Lifted shoulders for about 1:15 min and am now knocking out 30 cardio.

Mentally I am super in whatever it takes mode right now. I went ahead and dropped my calories by about 150 on my lowest carb days. Slowly starting to back off my dairy and artificial sweetened products. I want to be off all the artificial sweeteners by 3 weeks out and all dairy at 2 weeks out. Gum too.

Feeling really good over all. I've had a surge of energy the last couple of days.. Having a smidge of anxiety but I think at this point that's probably normal especially with where my caffeine intake was.

I'm pretty certain the 110lb shoulder press (plate loaded machine) is a personal best.

My back is breaking out a smidge but I'm prone to acne anyways and as much as I am doing cardio and lifting its not a surprise.

CJNator

Awards
Weight was down to 123.8 this morning! Super excited about that.

Morning cardio was 45 minutes fasted on the stair mill

Lifted shoulders for about 1:15 min and am now knocking out 30 cardio.

Mentally I am super in whatever it takes mode right now. I went ahead and dropped my calories by about 150 on my lowest carb days. Slowly starting to back off my dairy and artificial sweetened products. I want to be off all the artificial sweeteners by 3 weeks out and all dairy at 2 weeks out. Gum too.

Feeling really good over all. I've had a surge of energy the last couple of days.. Having a smidge of anxiety but I think at this point that's probably normal especially with where my caffeine intake was.

I'm pretty certain the 110lb shoulder press (plate loaded machine) is a personal best.

My back is breaking out a smidge but I'm prone to acne anyways and as much as I am doing cardio and lifting its not a surprise.
130 to 123.8 and hitting a PR! Woohoo that's awesome! Go celebrate with chicken, rice, and cardio! :D

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
I have 7 carbs left today I can have a half serving of peanut butter or a rice cake

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
I'd be lying if I said I hadn't already considered that

CJNator

Awards
Lol I was going to say do more cardio so you can eat more! I guess now you can!

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
Lol I was going to say do more cardio so you can eat more! I guess now you can!
Lol on a regular cut yeah.. Smidge harder when prepping to compete and still have a ton of work to put in lol peanut butter and rice cake was pretty friggin perfect

CJNator

Awards
Lol on a regular cut yeah.. Smidge harder when prepping to compete and still have a ton of work to put in lol peanut butter and rice cake was pretty friggin perfect
That definitely true, got to put it 101% when prepping! Down 7lbs and you still have a good way to go! I can tell you're putting in 102% lol.

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
That definitely true, got to put it 101% when prepping! Down 7lbs and you still have a good way to go! I can tell you're putting in 102% lol.
I've had a cheat or two but I put in a crap ton of cardio to off set it the best I could lol. I'm human and I am accepting that. This is a learning process for sure.

chicken lettuce and cheese wraps for dinner

My tank top was large before I started this cut now it's huge.

My pants um I didn't know spandex could get "too big" but apparently it can and these are tied tighter than they should have to be lol

CJNator

Awards
I've had a cheat or two but I put in a crap ton of cardio to off set it the best I could lol. I'm human and I am accepting that. This is a learning process for sure.

chicken lettuce and cheese wraps for dinner

My tank top was large before I started this cut now it's huge.

My pants um I didn't know spandex could get "too big" but apparently it can and these are tied tighter than they should have to be lol
You're probably lost 7lbs of just fat, osta is amazing for holding muscle and helping loss weight! You deserved that cheat meal!

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
You're probably lost 7lbs of just fat, osta is amazing for holding muscle and helping loss weight! You deserved that cheat meal!
Let's hope! Only place I'm super nervous about getting lean enough is my stomach... Just gotta trust the process and keep pushing.

CJNator

Awards
Let's hope! Only place I'm super nervous about getting lean enough is my stomach... Just gotta trust the process and keep pushing.
Exactly! Just keep doing dat der cardio + dieting and you will get there!

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
Exactly! Just keep doing dat der cardio + dieting and you will get there!
That's the plan. This is the biggest reason I am keeping my carbs reigned in. Eventually I'm going to be lean enough everywhere else that it has to go away. Or at least that's what I'm telling myself

CJNator

Awards
That's the plan. This is the biggest reason I am keeping my carbs reigned in. Eventually I'm going to be lean enough everywhere else that it has to go away. Or at least that's what I'm telling myself
It will happen! I forgot what it is called but if you truly believe it will happen it does! Since you are working at it, it will happen!