Focused nutrition OstaElite Log

CJNator

Awards

Today's workout. Felt really good. Nice pump and I'm noticing my arms are getting more vascularity to them. I'm the nerd that gets extremely excited over this.

I was in a bit of a funk when I first got going today, but it seems to have passed for now.

Diet wise today is a lower carb day, and of course I'm craving doughnuts. That's a no go. Nothing beneficial is going to come of a doughnut at this moment. I have too much work to put in still.
Doughnuts are da devil!!!! Great workout and keep fighting those craving!

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
Doughnuts are da devil!!!! Great workout and keep fighting those craving!
Lol thank you... I'm headed home to warm up some chicken and rice. :| Lol I actually like it but not a doughnut.

CJNator

Awards
Lol thank you... I'm headed home to warm up some chicken and rice. :| Lol I actually like it but not a doughnut.
Best thing to do it close your eyes while eating and pretend it's a doughnut lol.

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
Best thing to do it close your eyes while eating and pretend it's a doughnut lol.
Lol right? Cooked carrots are nice sometimes.. They are slightly sweet and help. May go grab a diet Mountain Dew with all its nasty chemicals while I'm at work if I'm still super craving something sweet... Or I have some other sugar free mix stuff idk. This too shall pass

CJNator

Awards

Lol right? Cooked carrots are nice sometimes.. They are slightly sweet and help. May go grab a diet Mountain Dew with all its nasty chemicals while I'm at work if I'm still super craving something sweet... Or I have some other sugar free mix stuff idk. This too shall pass
That looks tasty! The carrots will definitely help I agree. You should get a tasty protein like MTS Nutrition or PES, I have heard good stuff from MTS and PES i can say 1st hand has great tasting protein.

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
That looks tasty! The carrots will definitely help I agree. You should get a tasty protein like MTS Nutrition or PES, I have heard good stuff from MTS and PES i can say 1st hand has great tasting protein.
Mutant is my fav tasty protein but it bloats me bad... I'm sticking to 1st Phorm and ON for the rest of my prep because I know how my body does with it.

And lunch was really good the chicken had garlic pepper on it... Like a ton...but was super yummy. I'm headed to pick up some protein chips because I'm in a munchy mood and have 4 hours left of work with a break room full of junk food. Fail to plan. Plan to fail.

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
Great words to live by! Do what you feel is best for you and we are all here rooting for you! :D
I can make the protein chips fit my macros lol I actually haven't had any in months. And thank you!

CJNator

Awards
I can make the protein chips fit my macros lol I actually haven't had any in months. And thank you!
Quest(idk any other brand of protein chips) does make good stuff, I never tried their protein but their bars and chips are tasty as **** lol.

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
Quest(idk any other brand of protein chips) does make good stuff, I never tried their protein but their bars and chips are tasty as **** lol.
There is another company that makes them but I don't know the name and haven't found them. I've pretty much cut protein bars out of my diet right now. They are my omg if I don't get something "normal" I may kill someone go to, but I'm really trying to get most of my calories for food. Am mostly doing protein shakes only right at bed time. The bbq chips are my fav. The sea salt ones are pretty good with salsa though.

CJNator

Awards
There is another company that makes them but I don't know the name and haven't found them. I've pretty much cut protein bars out of my diet right now. They are my omg if I don't get something "normal" I may kill someone go to, but I'm really trying to get most of my calories for food. Am mostly doing protein shakes only right at bed time. The bbq chips are my fav. The sea salt ones are pretty good with salsa though.
I getting hungry now talking about food lol thats good, those bars are crazy addicting. I wish I had the will power like you do!

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
I getting hungry now talking about food lol thats good, those bars are crazy addicting. I wish I had the will power like you do!
I'm whining to my friend that helps with my nutrition about doughnuts if it helps lol. I'm not perfect. I have my moments for sure, but yeah. I try to keep a ton of food I can have around me at work and in my car. I try to keep minimal food I don't need in my house lol reduces temptation.

CJNator

Awards
I'm whining to my friend that helps with my nutrition about doughnuts if it helps lol. I'm not perfect. I have my moments for sure, but yeah. I try to keep a ton of food I can have around me at work and in my car. I try to keep minimal food I don't need in my house lol reduces temptation.
Lol and that is a smart way to go about it! We all have our moments but as long as you keep on your gainz train you're good!

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Officially made the switch from lurker to Subbed!

I keep minimal food at my house too. No tortilla or 'tater chips=no temptation.

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
Officially made the switch from lurker to Subbed!

I keep minimal food at my house too. No tortilla or 'tater chips=no temptation.
Mmmmmm chips . Yeah. If it's a "snack" food it stays in my car because unless I'm dying I'm too lazy to go get it.

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
Lol and that is a smart way to go about it! We all have our moments but as long as you keep on your gainz train you're good!
My friends response was mmmmmmm. No. Which I knew I didn't expect different I'm headed home and going to bed. Hopefully tomorrow I wake up not wanting doughnuts

CJNator

Awards
My friends response was mmmmmmm. No. Which I knew I didn't expect different I'm headed home and going to bed. Hopefully tomorrow I wake up not wanting doughnuts
I find that if my fat is high enough, I have little to no carb cravings but I never really took not to how much fat. Let's hope your dreams are filled with doughnuts lol.

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
I find that if my fat is high enough, I have little to no carb cravings but I never really took not to how much fat. Let's hope your dreams are filled with doughnuts lol.
I just made turkey bacon and chicken sausage. Super yummy.

About to take my supps(relora, psyllium husk, omega 3). May take some extra potassium my foot was cramping earlier.

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
Day 8!!!!

Currently walking my legs out on the treadmill after an hour and 4100 steps in the stair mill. Definitely the longest I've ever stayed on it. Woke up at 530 feeling tired but rested and awake. It was a nice change. I've been waking up daily around 2-3 starving. I think I just need to keep a jug of water by the bed maybe.

Friend canceled on the fair, so I may just add some extra gym time in or something.

Training today will be legs. Today is focusing more on high reps lots of sets and not so much on strength. I'll keep my rest between sets to 45-60 seconds including how long it takes to change our the plates. Right now I'm debating between taking an hour long boot camp tonight or just doing another 30 min cardio after legs. I have to think it out and see how much grocery shopping damages the bank account

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established

Lifted legs today. Probably my worst workout in awhile. I thought something I ate had upset my stomach, but I think I may have a touch of a stomach bug that's going around, so I picked up some soup and some crackers. At this point I'm just trying to get some calories in me and am less concerned with the macro break down.

Tomorrow is another day.

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
Day 9!!!!
I'm up.. Still kinda queasy but a bit better. I'm currently at the gym just doing a moderate paced session on the stepper. If I'm feeling better, in on shoulders and glutes before I head into work today. Worst case i shift that to tomorrow after work and get back on track from there.

CJNator

Awards
Day 9!!!!
I'm up.. Still kinda queasy but a bit better. I'm currently at the gym just doing a moderate paced session on the stepper. If I'm feeling better, in on shoulders and glutes before I head into work today. Worst case i shift that to tomorrow after work and get back on track from there.
Glad you're feeling better!

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
Glad you're feeling better!
Thank you! Between the stair mill... Changing out the litter boxes, vacuuming, mopping, taking out the trash I'm zapped. I absolutely hate being sick. I'm not all clammy like I was yesterday night though so I'm assuming I'm on the mend so long as j don't get stupid.

I didn't even take a preworkout today and was dripping sweat with the stair mill on 5 and I normally keep it double that.

CJNator

Awards
Thank you! Between the stair mill... Changing out the litter boxes, vacuuming, mopping, taking out the trash I'm zapped. I absolutely hate being sick. I'm not all clammy like I was yesterday night though so I'm assuming I'm on the mend so long as j don't get stupid.

I didn't even take a preworkout today and was dripping sweat with the stair mill on 5 and I normally keep it double that.
That's a lot to do while you sick and then going to the gym, tomorrow you'll be probably 95% there!

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
That's a lot to do while you sick and then going to the gym, tomorrow you'll be probably 95% there!
Let's hope.!! I'm resting right now. Gonna try to prep some food up here in a bit and go from there.

CJNator

Awards
Let's hope.!! I'm resting right now. Gonna try to prep some food up here in a bit and go from there.
That's good! Try taking a nap or two. I always take nyquil when I am sick and need to sleep(I assume its the sleep not nyquil that helps). 2-3 days and in 100%!

I forgot it was a stomach bug, I guess just normal rest and time will heal but naps are always good too :D.

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
Opted not to lift. I'm going to pick up some g2 and get myself balanced back out. Took two short naps and am feeling better minus a big head ache so I think if I can get rehydrated all will be well again.

WANTED

WANTED

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sorry I'm late.... Didn't know this log was going on :)
Looking good........ Sub'd

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
Day 10!!!! Running at 90-95% this morning but feeling much better than yesterday so getting this train back on the tracks and buckling back down.

Headache is gone. Nausea is mostly gone. I've eaten a carb heavy diet the last two days because it's all I could stomach. I did get some protein in yesterday. Going to bring my carbs down to about 90g today, cut them in half again tomorrow and down to my usual 30 on Sunday and get back into my regular cycle.

Today's plan.
45 min on the stairmill (in progress). I've got my speed up almost to my usual.

Lifting shoulders and glutes after work today, and will do another 15/30 of hiit tonight.

Going to try like none other to get my water up to 1.5 gallons today and make sure I'm not still dehydrated from being sick. I'm feeling more like me again. My spirits are back up so we are definitely back in business again. Have a great morning!!!!

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Glad to hear you're feeling better!

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
Thanks I look like Casper the friendly ghost but I'm up and going lol

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
One hell of a log so far THANK YOU and hope you have a great weekend.
Thanks!!!! my weight is up but it's carbs..: carbs and I are not friends it will be off in 2 days with more water and dropping them lol. It was steadily dropping a bit every day.

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established

Today's workout. Felt really good!! My strength was actually up on some of my cable work. That's the first time I've ever been able to do 25 lbs on the front raises with the cable and rope much less get 12 reps. Energy was strong and consistent. I knocked out the shoulder workout in right at about 50 minutes and then spent 25 minutes hitting some extra glute work. Currently back on the stair mill for another 30 minutes.

I'm just shy of a gallon of water intake right now so by bed I should have hit my goal. I'm definitely feeling more me.

Tomorrows plan after work is to come lift legs and do about an hour of cardio. I'm supposed to be on chest, but I really hate lifting chest after a long work day and my last leg day was his awful for obvious reasons, so I'm going to get that done right.

Pics from today

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
Lats are always fun to see and make grow!
I have two exercises I looooooove for them... I have no clue what the technical names are for them, but both are on the cables. I prefer a bent bar, and I set it at an angle that with my elbows bent as I pull it down, my elbows can break past and behind my body... You can also do this with a rope, or DLB has a spreader bar that's pretty awesome.

I also like to kneel down and do single arm pull downs. I super enjoy those. I actually have some video of that somewhere.

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
I'm uploading video now...

Here's some random stuff I already have up. I'm not exactly known for being graceful, and putting me in 5 inch heels pretty much guarantees Lolz
https://youtu.be/5EC4w8NyNTs

This is just some figure poses from about 3 weeks ago. Was just goofing around but give you an idea of where I was right before I started the OstaElite
https://youtu.be/lq0BTms0niA

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
Over all wasn't happy with this set... I cheated my range of motion a smidge and rushed some of the reps. Normally i really try to squeeze at the bottom. It gives you an idea of what I'm talking about though

https://youtu.be/732mvSn043w

CJNator

Awards
I have two exercises I looooooove for them... I have no clue what the technical names are for them, but both are on the cables. I prefer a bent bar, and I set it at an angle that with my elbows bent as I pull it down, my elbows can break past and behind my body... You can also do this with a rope, or DLB has a spreader bar that's pretty awesome.

I also like to kneel down and do single arm pull downs. I super enjoy those. I actually have some video of that somewhere.
Hmmm maybe one of them are straight arm pushdowns? I always forget names of workouts too lol. Those isolated lat pull downs I never got the feel of them, I tired them but I stuck with either one armed BB rows or DB rows.

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
Hmmm maybe one of them are straight arm pushdowns? I always forget names of workouts too lol. Those isolated lat pull downs I never got the feel of them, I tired them but I stuck with either one armed BB rows or DB rows.
I have to watch myself on dumbbell rows or I twist and start pulling from the wrong places. If the gym isn't packed next time I train back I'll try to get some video of what I'm talking about.

CJNator

Awards
Over all wasn't happy with this set... I cheated my range of motion a smidge and rushed some of the reps. Normally i really try to squeeze at the bottom. It gives you an idea of what I'm talking about though

https://youtu.be/732mvSn043w
Oh those, I have no slue what the name is either lol but I have tried them and I so like em!

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
Day 11!

What's in store for today.
Long work day.
Leg day
Cardio(probably an hour)

Diet: 45c 135-144p 80-90f
Goal is to drink 1.5 gallon water minimum 1 gallon.

For the life of me last night I couldn't sleep. I think I was over tired and then when I relaxed my body was like ok I'm awake now!!!!! I hate when that happens.

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
Wrapping today up and currently on the stair mill. I'm right at a gallon of water right now. Diet has been on point.

Some of my smaller lifts are up and getting easier. My dead lift just wasn't there today, but in figuring the long work day and lower carbs plus having been sick don't help that.

Over all I'm happy with today.

CJNator

Awards
How is osta overall helping you out and what have you noticed since you started it? Volume looks on point!