Fat Burners on a Bulk.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Where would you make that change?
You love Wendys huh? :lol:
Is it a chicken double with 70g of protein?
the TRIPLE burger got (1000 cals &) 75 grams of protein LOL :D but the chicken sandwich is only 28 grams...but only 500 cals. Doube burger is 800 cals and 50 grams protein. but instead of taking in all that fat from bacon and eggs and all that shyt I eat :D you could use leaner cuts of protein plus carb choice (bread or cereal or noodles or whatever). Like pork tenderloin with some rolls as an example. fat is 9 calories per gram and carbs are 4...so the trade-off is a good thing in that regard...more bang for your caloric buck.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
the TRIPLE burger got (1000 cals &) 75 grams of protein LOL :D but the chicken sandwich is only 28 grams...but only 500 cals. Doube burger is 800 cals and 50 grams protein. but instead of taking in all that fat from bacon and eggs and all that shyt I eat :D you could use leaner cuts of protein plus carb choice (bread or cereal or noodles or whatever). Like pork tenderloin with some rolls as an example. fat is 9 calories per gram and carbs are 4...so the trade-off is a good thing in that regard...more bang for your caloric buck.
:bigok:

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Alphamine is not only OK to take during a bulk, but I would not bulk without it. PES has designed this product to specifically target fat and spare muscle. Beta-agonists, the SA2-A, oleuropein (olive leaf extract), eucommia and choline are all going to attack the fat while the leucic acid and NCD are going to help spare any muscle loss. Yet another PES product that I will highly recommend to anybody on a cut, recomp, or bulk and in this case, to the OP, I would definitely try Alphamine during your bulk if you want your gains to be lean muscle:)

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nutrient partitioners and metabolic enhancers like tt33 work wonders for this. Bodybuilders non natural have been using igf and cytomel for years because of this.

Mike

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Would it make a difference if I said I was military and they make me run every morning. :laugh:

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
personally? I think cardio on a bulk = retarded..
You think 100% right..The yrs i been training,i have cut and bulk quiet a few times and never ever did cardio.You burn enough calories weight lifting.Why you want to burn more calories wirh cardio.The point is to gain weight

During a bulk the whole point is upping calories not to just burn them away,its kind of a double standard .

I hate cardio and do it maybe 2-3 tops a week if at times i even do it at all bro..the last thing i will do is do it on a bulk. Absolutley retarded.

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
In my opinion, you should just eat less. If you want to eat more? or eat more dirty? then by all means, taking that extra time out of your day to do cardio is worth it (for you). I prefer to eat less on a bulk vrs doing cardio, and for that matter I eat "less than less" on a cut and do high rep sets with weights (18-25 reps) to raise heart rate instead of cardio. This is just my way of doing things, I have never been a fan of cardio.....I'd rather manipulate my diet and/or weight training instead to get the results....
According to Cooper there is no such thing as eating dirty,lol,so ill def leave it at that =\ like i did yesterday.

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
Cardio isn't just for burning calories...

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
Cardio isn't just for burning calories...
Yeah for your heart and general health...but during bulking,cardio is a waste..well let me rephrase that,extensive cardio is ridiculous when bulking..stick to 15 mins very light treadmill,imo!!!

Well i said what i said for a reason ..we r not talking about anything else but bulking,so i dont get whats ur point...just talking to talk,lol,seems it

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
You think 100% right..The yrs i been training,i have cut and bulk quiet a few times and never ever did cardio.You burn enough calories weight lifting.Why you want to burn more calories wirh cardio.The point is to gain weight

During a bulk the whole point is upping calories not to just burn them away,its kind of a double standard .

I hate cardio and do it maybe 2-3 tops a week if at times i even do it at all bro..the last thing i will do is do it on a bulk. Absolutley retarded.
As I stated previously in this thread....I dont do cardio at all ....same as you I do weight training and just adjust the reps for whatever I am doing at that time...my job is nowhere near as active as yours...but I do a lot of walking around and other activities....that plus weights plus controlled diet is enough for me....I will say that the older you get the slower the metabolism gets :D you might see me incorporating more cardio on cuts in the future!

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
Yeah for your heart and general health...but during bulking,cardio is a waste..well let me rephrase that,extensive cardio is ridiculous when bulking..stick to 15 mins very light treadmill,imo!!!

Well i said what i said for a reason ..we r not talking about anything else but bulking,so i dont get whats ur point...just talking to talk,lol,seems it
How is cardio a waste? Even you said it was for general and heart health so in what aspect is it a waste? HIIT is not a waste on a bulk, nor is any amount of cardio. That's like saying I can't play soccer or basketball during a bulk because it's a waste....

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How is cardio a waste? Even you said it was for general and heart health so in what aspect is it a waste? HIIT is not a waste on a bulk, nor is any amount of cardio. That's like saying I can't play soccer or basketball during a bulk because it's a waste....
I completely agree. There's something that is seldom mentioned on this board that is extremely important to recovery and performance and that is work capacity. Lifting weights alone is not going to improve someone's work capacity nearly as much as throwing in some hill sprints, Prowler pushes, sled drags, etc. Being in better overall condition will improve the effectiveness of any particular phase whether it be mass, strength, or fat loss.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
its counterproductive.....if you play soccer? if you are in the military? if you run a jackhammer all day :)D)? then it is what it is....keep doing those activities during your bulk. Are they conducive to gaining weight? NO, they are not. simple as that. its not a "right or wrong" issue here, its a what is best to attain your ultimate goal issue....if "bulking/gaining weight" is the desired result? those activities are counterproductive to that goal. They can be your hobbies or your work or they can be "healthy" for your heart etc etc....but at the end of the day? they are not "good" for bulking.

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
its counterproductive.....if you play soccer? if you are in the military? if you run a jackhammer all day :)D)? then it is what it is....keep doing those activities during your bulk. Are they conducive to gaining weight? NO, they are not. simple as that. its not a "right or wrong" issue here, its a what is best to attain your ultimate goal issue....if "bulking/gaining weight" is the desired result? those activities are counterproductive to that goal. They can be your hobbies or your work or they can be "healthy" for your heart etc etc....but at the end of the day? they are not "good" for bulking.
Counter-productive...

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm with u here. I don't think it's a waste. Depending on calories in and what ur bulking calorie surplus is just adjust it. Many ways to play around with it. Cardio to me is a must even if it's 10min HIIT twice per week.

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
I'm with u here. I don't think it's a waste. Depending on calories in and what ur bulking calorie surplus is just adjust it. Many ways to play around with it. Cardio to me is a must even if it's 10min HIIT twice per week.
And that'll burn what, 100 calories, 200 at most? Is 200 calories going to make or break your bulk? No.

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
Is that all you have in response? spelling/grammatical issues on the net? I'll take that as a compliment for my post lol
No, it wasn't meant to correct your grammar. I was just using that word to illustrate how ridiculous it's inclusion was.

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
As I stated previously in this thread....I dont do cardio at all ....same as you I do weight training and just adjust the reps for whatever I am doing at that time...my job is nowhere near as active as yours...but I do a lot of walking around and other activities....that plus weights plus controlled diet is enough for me....I will say that the older you get the slower the metabolism gets :D you might see me incorporating more cardio on cuts in the future!
Yeah my job is quiet active but not even enough where i can justify it in place of cardio.But come summer mainly,i sweat and change shirts 2-3 times a day..trust me man,i know about getting older amd metabolism slowing down..i rely mainly on diet when cutting dow and since i never supplemwnted it was never easy.Now that i been incorportaing suppa into my routine and diet its helping wirh no cardio.

I guess just staying active through the day is good enough..although when i get home i do my eating,showering n prepping for next day then lay around and do nothing

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
1-its counterproductive.....if you play soccer? if you are in the military?2- if you run a jackhammer all day :)D)?
1- i said double standard before i meant counter productive :) and its 100% counter productive

2- all Ill say is ,thnx for the respect brother :)

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
Burning extra calories is NOT counter-productive to gaining weight? please elaborate
Why u bothering,he said the same to me before..

I stated u burn enough weightlifting,the point of bulking and upping cals is to gain weight,not to burn them away,lol...makes no sense at all..my bro never ever does cardio and at 5'5" 205lbs and appx 12% BF AND CONSIDEeing he goes to school full time and works,hes doing great,Still.So ill go with his word along with yours warbird and my own. Lol,just saying

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
Burning extra calories is NOT counter-productive to gaining weight? please elaborate
Where did I say that? I said cardio isn't counter-productive to gaining weight. That's like saying walking to the store instead of driving is counter-productive to gaining weight.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
I don't mind differing opinions.....we all do what we want, it's a free country....but if you are going to take time out of your day to criticize my post? at least give me an explanation of why you are correct and i am wrong...

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Comparing daily activities that are required... to cardio done on purpose, is not a valid argument for your cause
You're such a fighter lol.

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
Comparing daily activities that are required... to cardio done on purpose, is not a valid argument for your cause
How are sports required? If I need to explain the benefits of cardio and improving/maintaining your cardiovascular system just like Rodja and halfhuman alluded to, then I think you need to re-visit how you know what you know.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
How are sports required? If I need to explain the benefits of cardio and improving/maintaining your cardiovascular system just like Rodja and halfhuman alluded to, then I think you need to re-visit how you know what you know.
Not during a bulk. Plenty of time for that the rest of the year. Don't "bulk" if your general/cardiovascular health is such a concern for you. Bulking is not exactly healthy ;)

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
I completely agree. There's something that is seldom mentioned on this board that is extremely important to recovery and performance and that is work capacity. Lifting weights alone is not going to improve someone's work capacity nearly as much as throwing in some hill sprints, Prowler pushes, sled drags, etc. Being in better overall condition will improve the effectiveness of any particular phase whether it be mass, strength, or fat loss.
We are talking about straight up cardio,treadmill,stairmaster,eliptical etc...your examples are still all strength training will burn calories but also help build some great lean mass... I never said cardio is unnecessary because u burn calories weight lifting.

If your bulking u r upping calories to gain weight,so to do intensive cardio after a bust ass weigh ttaining session is def counter productive... I cant really say o know many ppl who go on a bulk amd do cardio for 45 mins..maybe 15-20 mins of something mild to keep metabolism up high and heart raye going,thats fine..

When bulking extensive cardio to me is pointless..

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
Not during a bulk. Plenty of time for that the rest of the year. Don't "bulk" if your general/cardiovascular health is such a concern for you. Bulking is not exactly healthy ;)
Explain exactly how bulking is "not exactly" healthy?

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
I agree your upping fats and possibly cholestrol..eating burgers and steaks and carbs and peanut butter and twinkies and cup cakes and gyros and ice cream etc...is not healthy but works well with weight training when bulking. Whatever calories i eat i want to keep..Cardio is great,but when bulking not for me.I guess to each there own.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
We are talking about straight up cardio,treadmill,stairmaster,eliptical etc...your examples are still all strength training will burn calories but also help build some great lean mass... I never said cardio is unnecessary because u burn calories weight lifting.

If your bulking u r upping calories to gain weight,so to do intensive cardio after a bust ass weigh ttaining session is def counter productive... I cant really say o know many ppl who go on a bulk amd do cardio for 45 mins..maybe 15-20 mins of something mild to keep metabolism up high and heart raye going,thats fine..

When bulking extensive cardio to me is pointless..
I do 60+ minutes of cardio while bulking.....

uvawahoowa

Awards
If you are in the same caloric surplus, getting enough rest, and not overtraining, why not do cardio? You get all of the health benefits of cardio while still bulking. Not to mention cardio helps improve lifting efficiency

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
Gaining excessive weight that your body is not meant to have? this is healthy ? wow news to me
So a bulk now means excessive weight? What is considered excessive? Like I said before, maybe you should re-evaluate how you know what you know.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
If you are in the same caloric surplus, getting enough rest, and not overtraining, why not do cardio? You get all of the health benefits of cardio while still bulking. Not to mention cardio helps improve lifting efficiency
As previously stated in this thread i DO add in 2 25 rep sets for each bodypart while Bulking....that plus a lot of walking = heart rate is elevated more than enough for me

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
So a bulk now means excessive weight? What is considered excessive? Like I said before, maybe you should re-evaluate how you know what you know.
Lol now Bulking does not equate to gaining excessive weight not normally present on your body....you are good at making things up to fit your argument

uvawahoowa

Awards
As previously stated in this thread i DO add in 2 25 rep sets for each bodypart while Bulking....that plus a lot of walking = heart rate is elevated more than enough for me
You feel that taxes your aerobic pathways sufficiently?

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
Explain exactly how bulking is "not exactly" healthy?
Gaining excessive weight that your body is not meant to have? this is healthy ? wow news to me
Lol now Bulking does not equate to gaining excessive weight not normally present on your body....you are good at making things up to fit your argument
I'm out of this thread, I can only use reason and common sense for so long.