Fat Burners While bulking?

gus.medrano

Awards
I did a few searches but didnt find anything solid...so enlighten me once again AM-ers.

Im on a bulking cycle but put on more fat then id prefer (its pretty noticeable around my midsection.)

I was on a DIRTY bulk...Eating anything and everything. Ive definitely gained mass but some of it in areas i didnt want lol.

Question is:
Can I take a fat burner while on a bulk cycle?

I am going to be cleaning up my diet though. Trying to do a lean bulk diet now.

I only do cardio 1 day of the week. I run 1 mile at moderate speed..(idk what that means but i do it in about 8 mins.)

CarterMalone

CarterMalone

Awards
I would switch to a clean bulk diet if you are putting on too much fat, forget about the fat burners, get your diet right. Dirty bulks work perfectly fine for ectomorphs like me, I put on a negligible amount of fat. But that said, I would still be fine with a bit of fat until I reach above my target weight to cut down to my target weight.

What is your target weight? and what are you at now? Also how long have you been working out? You could also add one more day of cardio.

gus.medrano

Awards
Thanks for the quick response. I should have been a little more specific.

I started at 130lbs 3 months ago
Currently I'm at 147
My target goal is 160.

Ive been working out for about 2 years consistently.
But only the last 3 months have I been bulking cycle.

I dont know my bf% but before my bulk cycle my stomach was flat...just recently my mom told me it looks like i have a beer belly :(

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Fat burners? Don't think so. The main point of a bulk is to what? Eat more calories than maintenance level. The point of a fat burner is what? Burn calories so that you are below your maintenance level and therefore losing weight. Seems counterproductive TO ME. Granted, all fat burners probably have some alternate means of working aside from JUST burning calories, but I still feel it would be a waste of money there.

Now, if we are talking nutrition partitioners or other stuff on that line, it's a whole different story. Perhaps cortisol blockers, estrogen reducers, some tyroids (sp?) sups of sorts, then yes, maybe that would be much more valuable. Stuff like R-ALA, Coleus Forsokhli, Chromium Pico., Vitamin C, that kind of stuff, I can see some true value there, even healthy fatty acids such as CLA and Omegas 3,6,9, I can CERTAINLY see value added on having those. One of the new Shift, Erase or whatnot, perhaps too.

I would look into things that will help your body process what you eat better and utilize it in a better form, perhaps like mentioned, drop the calorie count a little, not such a dirt bulk but rather a more clean one still being above maintenance.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
I know some guys that do it. Mainly for the slight increase in BMR since they are consuming so much food.

drofwarc

drofwarc

Awards
Fat burners? Don't think so. The main point of a bulk is to what? Eat more calories than maintenance level. The point of a fat burner is what? Burn calories so that you are below your maintenance level and therefore losing weight. Seems counterproductive TO ME. Granted, all fat burners probably have some alternate means of working aside from JUST burning calories, but I still feel it would be a waste of money there..
And to add most fat burners have appetite suppressants in them so yeah another reason why it would be counter productive and the only thing you'd be burning is your money

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
You could, too increase thermogenesis. Mostly you should try to wrangle in your diet.

Also, a situation like this is one of the reasons DCP (Damage Control Protocol) was created.

CarterMalone

CarterMalone

Awards
Thanks for the quick response. I should have been a little more specific.

I started at 130lbs 3 months ago
Currently I'm at 147
My target goal is 160.

Ive been working out for about 2 years consistently.
But only the last 3 months have I been bulking cycle.

I dont know my bf% but before my bulk cycle my stomach was flat...just recently my mom told me it looks like i have a beer belly :(
Well, if your not happy with the belly, cut down on he carbs a tiny bit, it will just take a bit longer to get to your target weight, but as most people say its not a race, its a marathon. What are your calories at per day? Also do you weight train 5 days a week?

gus.medrano

Awards
You guys never fail me AM. Very good info and feedback I'll look into the different suggestions and definitely already started changing my diet. Haven't had fast food this while week!

Well, if your not happy with the belly, cut down on he carbs a tiny bit, it will just take a bit longer to get to your target weight, but as most people say its not a race, its a marathon. What are your calories at per day? Also do you weight train 5 days a week?
Currently I do 3.5k-4k cal/day. And weights is only 4 days. Mon, Tues&Thurs, Friday
Wednesday is my cardio

Chico222

Awards
You guys never fail me AM. Very good info and feedback I'll look into the different suggestions and definitely already started changing my diet. Haven't had fast food this while week!

Currently I do 3.5k-4k cal/day. And weights is only 4 days. Mon, Tues&Thurs, Friday
Wednesday is my cardio
Good job bro! I would concur with the other posters and advise that you steer clear of fat burners, and switch to a clean bulk. You'll find it more difficult to consume the same amount of calories with clean food, but you'll adjust. I'm always on a clean bulk and fat gain is VERY minimal. Besides, as you put on more muscle, your metabolism will naturally be faster, so that will help also.

Keep going!

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established

Wednesday is my cardio
You could just take a fat burner on your cardio day. They usually help me out with cardio a lot.....just makes the session more efficient.

gus.medrano

Awards
So I was reading up on PES' Erase...after reading the description and seeing the awesome sale they are having it looks like it might be a good investment

Any input?

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
So I was reading up on PES' Erase...after reading the description and seeing the awesome sale they are having it looks like it might be a good investment

Any input?
I bought all 3 on that sale, it was too good to pass up and the reviews on erase have been excellent. Picking up a bottle for 19 bucks plus shipping really can't hurt.

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
I bought all 3 on that sale, it was too good to pass up and the reviews on erase have been excellent. Picking up a bottle for 19 bucks plus shipping really can't hurt.
Wait, where is this sale? Me needs it.

gus.medrano

Awards
Duhh haha
I couldn't remember where the sale was going on.
But I'm definitely going to pick it up (the sales just too good) but do I use it while on a lean bulk?

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Duhh haha
I couldn't remember where the sale was going on.
But I'm definitely going to pick it up (the sales just too good) but do I use it while on a lean bulk?
absolutely - it boosts test, lowers estro, blocks cortisol. great product IMO

diegone

Awards
Most fat burners in the market today have APPETITE control, so if you're bulking I don't think you should use a fat burner. Your goal while bulking is to eat as much as you can, an appetite reducer will make you eat less therefore no results!

Besides to be honest, fat burners don't do anything unless you're in a cutting diet with lots of water and cardio!

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i eat like im on a clean bulk, but im on black cats right now and i do cardio to keep my body lean but still gain muscle.

Spraynpray

Spraynpray

Awards
Nutraplanet duhhhhhh. Erase and AT2 for 18.99, shift for 14.99!!
Since you kind of mentioned the product, what do you think of running AT2 on a lean bulk cycle?

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Since you kind of mentioned the product, what do you think of running AT2 on a lean bulk cycle?
I don't see anything wrong with that. If you wanted you could even go stim free and get shift. It has just the fat burning component of AT2. You could also get both dosing AT2 during the day and shift before bed