Evomuse KetoInduce / Defuse - Boone Experiments!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
First time I think I've noticed you haven't hit your fiber goal
Haha I don't as often on the weekdays simply because I'm on the road. Depending whether I eat out (usually only go out when I'm with someone else which isn't often - mostly I just hit s grocery store). That and I haven't been eating quest bars so that's a huge chunk ha

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Haha I don't as often on the weekdays simply because I'm on the road. Depending whether I eat out (usually only go out when I'm with someone else which isn't often - mostly I just hit s grocery store). That and I haven't been eating quest bars so that's a huge chunk ha
I don't know whether I believe there is as much fiber in them as they claim. I can eat 3-4 and not have any bowel issues.

But then again, maybe my body is just an iron trap for fiber. lol

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I don't know whether I believe there is as much fiber in them as they claim. I can eat 3-4 and not have any bowel issues.

But then again, maybe my body is just an iron trap for fiber. lol
I'm the same way but I have never had issues with any amount of fiver regardless of the source. I know people who nearly explode if they have any amount though and quest bars tear them up ha

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Got home really late tonight due to some crazy accident traffic on the trip home from the airport and dinner wasn't til 1am. Just finishing now. Gonna head to bed and dose my KI when I inevitably wake up to pee ha.

Today's meal (all at once at 1am):
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1460095025.151410.jpg

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Got home really late tonight due to some crazy accident traffic on the trip home from the airport and dinner wasn't til 1am. Just finishing now. Gonna head to bed and dose my KI when I inevitably wake up to pee ha.

Today's meal (all at once at 1am):View attachment 133858
Mate I dunno how you can go a whole day with out food and then eat at 1am. I would of passed out from hunger.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Mate I dunno how you can go a whole day with out food and then eat at 1am. I would of passed out from hunger.
Intermittent fasting teaches you this kind of habit to be honest....or at least it did for me.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Lol same here.
Intermittent fasting teaches you this kind of habit to be honest....or at least it did for me.
ma70 is dead on here... I used to be starving every 5 minutes. I have a massive appetite and bottomless pit of a stomach so I was eating every couple hrs and was starving immediately after. Unless I could eat like 1500cals per meal every few hours I would never feel satisfied and was just miserable all the time. I took 6 months to slowly ween myself back and back as to when my first meal was (started last jan by moving it from 7am to 9am and then kept bumping an hour or so every few weeks as well as shrinking the size, and then having just a shake). It took some time and it wasn't always the best, but its been a huge benefit now as I can just go forever without and feel fine and then I get to eat like a fat kid and not actually be a fat kid anymore ha.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Since I went to bed so late last night I decided to wait and leave work early to hit the gym instead of my normal morning lift. Great choice. I felt like $10mil and really just killed my power pull day. Strength is staying at full power and stamina as well. Also had quite a solid pump considering that pumps have been hard to come by for me for quite a long time now (6-8months for an unknown reason).

Overall the fullness continues to be pretty apparent. Bloating seems to have gone down a bit. Still feeling a little "soft" but not as bad or visible. I'll be interested to see what the scale says tomorrow morning.

Today's food:
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1460172833.372465.jpg

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've been playing with IF last 3 days. Not even hungry at all, just snacky which is easy to control.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I've been playing with IF last 3 days. Not even hungry at all, just snacky which is easy to control.
What kind of fast/feed windows?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What kind of fast/feed windows?
About 3-6pm eating. Trying to see how protein shakes are affecting my ketosis. 1 kept me in, but a second a little later pulled me out.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
About 3-6pm eating. Trying to see how protein shakes are affecting my ketosis. 1 kept me in, but a second a little later pulled me out.
I'd be curious if my bcaa doses pre/intra and during the day are bumping me out or not too

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I waited until I was solidly in, drank a shake and waited an hour then tested. First one was good, second one knocked me out.

Each had 5g of carbs.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I waited until I was solidly in, drank a shake and waited an hour then tested. First one was good, second one knocked me out.

Each had 5g of carbs.
Interesting.

Would also be curious if the bolus dose of protein and not much fat also played a role.

Of it doesn't, then I could use my isolate and basically be keto for all but a 2 hour window of my day when I eat carbs with dinner.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Interesting.

Would also be curious if the bolus dose of protein and not much fat also played a role.

Of it doesn't, then I could use my isolate and basically be keto for all but a 2 hour window of my day when I eat carbs with dinner.
That was always my thought. I had wanted to try this last summer when I was doing a full psmf 6 days a week. Figured it might be able to keep me in ketosis all but an hour or two a day.

Might actually give that a shot in a week or so.

Weight this morning - 185.8lb so again, nothing of note here. Dropped 100cals/day this week so I had hoped to at least see a slight dip. That said, the less bloat and still fullness is nice and leads me to believe there has been some minor fat loss and replacement with water/glycogen. Definitely nothing drastic though.

I'll be refeeding today and then I may consider taking out another 100 cals for next week putting me at 1800 daily :(

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
If you want to consume protein shakes on a keto style diet, melt coconut oil in the microwave and pour it into the shake to reduce the insulin spike and balance out the protein to fat ratio.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Bcaa's will kick you out due to the Leucine.
It depends on the amount of leucine and the state of your fast/etc. also depends on the person since not everyone has the same reactions to amounts and types of food/supps.

I don't think you can generalize and say "any leucine will kick you out of ketosis" especially considering the fact that many people can actually even eat a moderate amount of carbs while remaining in ketosis. Leucine would be far less insulinogenic than any form of carb

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Power push (deload though) this morning/afternoon went really well. I have to say that I haven't felt this full and pumped in a long time even when I've had far more carbs. Not sure if that has to do with the KI or not, but I like it. The lone bad part of my day was that I forgot my iPod but luckily had my phone so I was still able to get some jams. I NEVER take my phone in the gym a) because I don't want to be bothered and b) I hate the people playing on their phones or talking while they "workout". Drives me nuts.

That's said, since I had my phone on me, I figured I needed to keep the dbag meathead factor to the max so I took a post workout selfie for reference. This is after a heavy, low rep chest/shoulders/tris push day:
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1460235836.281629.jpg

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Just went for what was supposed to be a nice short bike ride to see what's around the new area I live... Well, I got a bit ambitious and then lost and an hour plus later finally found my way home ha. Whoops. Guess I'll just have to add a few extra cals to my refeed

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Glad you didn't get mugged ;)

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Sitting here getting ready to head to bed and the carb sweats are in full effect ha. It's 63 degrees in my house and I'm sweating.

Tally for the day (a little higher than last week due to the accidental bike ride):
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1460262926.523343.jpg

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Carb sweats what that
You've never eaten a ton of carbs and then had your entire body just radiating heat and causing you to sweat like a mofo?!

When I eat a lot of carbs in a sitting about an hour or so later my body is like a damn furnace. I can literally heat a room (and actually did most nights if I shut the bedroom door ha). I used to get up and go to the bathroom in the night and the temp difference in the hall vs my room was like 10deg

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
You've never eaten a ton of carbs and then had your entire body just radiating heat and causing you to sweat like a mofo?!

When I eat a lot of carbs in a sitting about an hour or so later my body is like a damn furnace. I can literally heat a room (and actually did most nights if I shut the bedroom door ha). I used to get up and go to the bathroom in the night and the temp difference in the hall vs my room was like 10deg
Maybe that's why my room is always hotter than the rest of the house.. lol

I'll wake up in sweat at night but in the morning I'll be freezing.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sitting here getting ready to head to bed and the carb sweats are in full effect ha. It's 63 degrees in my house and I'm sweating.

Tally for the day (a little higher than last week due to the accidental bike ride):View attachment 133965
I get carb sweats often. I believe its a sign of good insulin sensitivity? Don't quote me though.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I get carb sweats often. I believe its a sign of good insulin sensitivity? Don't quote me though.
I'd be interested to see if that true. Anecdotally, I would think it seems plausible as I tend to get them far worse when I'm during or coming off a diet vs when I've been on a month long bulk at which point I just don't get then at all.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Carb sweats and meat sweats

One way or another, I'm always sweating lol

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Haha my sister is a vegetarian (total bs as she used to eat more meat than me) and if she gets real drunk or something and eats meat she swears she gets epic meat sweat haha. I think I just sweat meat all the time so I don't even notice a difference

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

I'm one of those people that sweats for almost no reason. The problem is 1000x worse when I'm on stuff like BRITE, etc.....

I'll never forget Hot Yoga + BRITE. I couldn't believe how much I sweat, it was disgusting HAHA.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I'm one of those people that sweats for almost no reason. The problem is 1000x worse when I'm on stuff like BRITE, etc.....

I'll never forget Hot Yoga + BRITE. I couldn't believe how much I sweat, it was disgusting HAHA.
Haha same here. Wiggles toes? Sweaty. Sits down on the couch? Sweaty. Walks out into the cold? 5min delay, sweaty. Hot yoga (the one time I tried it and hated it) was just hilarious. I was like swimming and spent more effort trying not to slip and fall in my puddles.

I can't wait to try brite when it gets restocked so I can experience this extra fun ha

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Ephedrine + CardioTryx + GW while I was on DNP and playing basketball

Puddles.

Nothing but puddles.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Did my best again working around my knee issues for my leg day. Luckily it's my deload week so I don't feel too bad about taking it a bit easier. Still managed a solid pump and some good pain.

Thinking I'm gonna stay at the cal level for one more week and reasses next weekend. Most likely will drop next Sunday. About to dose my KI and head to bed.

Daily final:
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1460345911.153214.jpg

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Today was my off day (and travel day). No real exercise except a bunch of waking in the airports and such. Monday's I often like to take kratom because it absolutely kills my appetite as well as makes me super drowsy so I get extra rest... Well tonight I took it but must've taken too much or my stomach was just too empty because I ate about half my food and then got super nauseous and threw up every last scrap. Ugh. Only lasted a couple minutes but I only had a little left to eat and even that I didn't feel like so I threw a couple protein powder scoops in a little Greek yogurt and that was 99% of my food ha. My toddler macros for the day:
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1460428664.594076.jpg

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
So even after last nights disaster cals, I actually felt amazing in the gym this morning. Since I can't squat/dead for a bit while my knee heals up I switched my days from pull-push-legs to push-pull-legs. This will put my refeed day on a pull day for awhile which will be a good change for feeding those muscles.

Cals were still a bit low today but I didn't feel bad or anything so why not allow myself a bit more freedom for a day I want it (I better see some scale and mirror changes by this weekend tho or I'm gonna have to make some drastic changes or refeed for a few days to boost metabolism):
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1460519589.294605.jpg

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good stuff, bro.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Workouts are still feeling great every morning. Not noticing much of anything though as far as body comp changes. Def gonna drop cals again next week in hopes of seeing more. I figured by 2.5 weeks is have noticed something but outside of the bloat, muscle fullness, and warmth, I can't say I've seen anything much of note. Hopefully that will change here soon.

Finally back to normal cal levels today:
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1460602590.054808.jpg

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Finally was able to have a pain free leg workout this morning. Still not able to squat or lunge but I have found ways to stimulate using partials and lots of hamstring work. My already big ass is going to get bigger ha.

Still feeling soft around the lower ab area every morning especially. By the end of the days (long into my fast) I can see the bloat go down a bit in some areas but the lower abs seem to hold everything. Overall it's just really had to tell if there's truly any fat loss occurring.

Cals today were on point again:
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1460688126.382042.jpg

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
So this weekend is my scheduled 1RM tests, however since I can't squat or dead, I'll be doing rack pulls and then just whatever I can for legs... total bummer as strength has continued to progress even as cals have been lowering.

I can attest to this as I was able to tie my PR for bench this morning on 5hrs of sleep and with no stims... really a great achievement for me as I typically lose a ton of strength even in a small deficit. THis weeks deficit is actually pretty high so I had expected to weaken a tad but not at all!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
As usual I got home fairly late last night so dinner wasn't until about 11:30pm. Finished all 1900 cals by 1am and went to bed. Woke up about 4am to pee and dosed my KI.
Here's yesterday's dinner:
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1460817896.566337.jpg

Got up this morning at 10 on the nose (have been waking up at exact hours a lot recently ha) and was surprised at how flat but tight I felt. Definitely the least bloat and surprisingly not full that I've been since starting. Snapped a pic to compare and you can actually see some difference between day 0 and today (20). If I could just consistently keep the bloat down it'd be much easier mentally ha.
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1460818017.178545.jpg

Also, finally got the scale to move too ha. 182.7lb (which is about 3lb less than I have been). Some of that is just dehydration from travel yesterday but there's definitely some loss finally. Definitely going to stick to the plan of dropping cals by 100 again this week (tomorrow) as this post one I had a few much lower days and that seems to have been the key

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like you might be getting some correlated bloat. Ive been noticing a little of the same in the AM, but everything tightens up by noon or so.

So possibly something like TTA or Yohimbine localized fluid retention that will go ahead when you cease taking.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah you can see the difference Boone.

You think KI is helping knock you Into keto for your 18hr (or longer lol) fast?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Sounds like you might be getting some correlated bloat. Ive been noticing a little of the same in the AM, but everything tightens up by noon or so.

So possibly something like TTA or Yohimbine localized fluid retention that will go ahead when you cease taking.
Yep that's exactly what I was thinking. I commented before about how it looked/felt similar to what tta does to me. Always hard mentally though seeing and feeling soft when you expect to see results ha.

That feeling when you stop taking it (tta in my experience) and 3 days later you look like a new person is epic tho ha.

Any thoughts on if the bloat might decrease with longer term use? Or would you even recommend longer term use (say over 8 weeks)?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Yeah you can see the difference Boone.

You think KI is helping knock you Into keto for your 18hr (or longer lol) fast?
Honestly I don't know. I've never tested myself even when I ran a keto diet but I definitely don't feel all that much different than I did prior to starting the KI. The only real things I can tell are that daily body temp stays higher and overall fullness is increased.

So it's doing something, but as far as ketosis, I can't really say for sure.