Evomuse KetoInduce / Defuse - Boone Experiments!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Holy sodium!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
How do you manage to get 329g of protein with only 102g of carbs and 27g of fat? What did your meals consist of? And how many protein shakes for the day? I know it is early but any small or noticeable changes from KI. Cheers mate.
This meal (and most when I travel are fairly similar) - Pre-cooked grilled chicken breast strips(2x15oz bags), 16oz cauliflower crumbles, 4 cups fat free plain greek yogurt, 1 scoop protein powder, 8 light spreadable cheese wedges, 1 small apple.

So far I've noticed:
slight bloating (specifically in the lower abs/love handles and side chest areas
increased fullness (especially shoulders and arms - even with significantly lower carbs than the past few weeks)
increased late-day body temperature (typically towards the 18-20th hours of my fast I start to get a bit chilly as I normally run very hot body heat wise)

Nothing to speak of though in terms of true body composition or performance.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This meal (and most when I travel are fairly similar) - Pre-cooked grilled chicken breast strips(2x15oz bags), 16oz cauliflower crumbles, 4 cups fat free plain greek yogurt, 1 scoop protein powder, 8 light spreadable cheese wedges, 1 small apple.
thats...a lot of chicken breast.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Holy sodium!
ya, that's one of the unavoidable sides of having to buy pre-cooked/packaged meats and cheeses due to my travelling job and hotel life (having access to only a microwave, if that, is a PITA for things like this). Its pretty standard for me though so it's not a new variable for me and even when I'm home I'm a huge salt/spice and hot sauce fan so it get some pretty high sodium levels regardless ha.

Any chance this would have any type of impact on the KI/Defuse though? If so, I could try to regulate it better.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
thats...a lot of chicken breast.
It's funny because plain grilled chicken (and broccoli for that matter) is literally one of my top 3-5 favorite foods. I seriously look forward to eating it every.single.day haha. I was born to eat this way.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nah, the high sodium shouldn't have a huge impact.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Nah, the high sodium shouldn't have a huge impact.
Figured so. And the fact that this is normal for me simply would have meant that my body already will have adjusted to this level. I've done a serious sodium load before and holy hell does that do a number on my gi system haha... not to be graphic but gotta stay close to the bathroom cuz that shiit is coming and coming fast haha

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
It's funny because plain grilled chicken (and broccoli for that matter) is literally one of my top 3-5 favorite foods. I seriously look forward to eating it every.single.day haha. I was born to eat this way.

This may be obvious to most people, but I HATE cooking whole chicken breasts. They take forever and are always dry, so I started chopping the chicken into squares like Chinese food and cooking it either on the stove or in the oven like that.

It takes me half the time and tastes so much better. Again, this may just be me sucking at cooking lol

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Oh dear lord.....Well I guess that's a blessing in its own right.
considering my metabolism is awful, ya it has to be. otherwise id never be able to diet without losing my mind

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
This may be obvious to most people, but I HATE cooking whole chicken breasts. They take forever and are always dry, so I started chopping the chicken into squares like Chinese food and cooking it either on the stove or in the oven like that.

It takes me half the time and tastes so much better. Again, this may just be me sucking at cooking lol
my go-to is to buy chicken tenderloins and grill them... if Im not eating them all that day, i crank the heat up (char the outsides) and undercook the insides a tad to keep them from getting too dry when reheated.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Do u sweat a lot during exercise or work ?
I sweat just thinking about warmth ha... gym is a soakfest, sleep is a furnace, and throughout the day if i do anything active i usually start sweating unless im in like 30 degrees f or colder. KI has only changed the late parts of my fasting period where I typically begin to see a decline in body heat due to the long absence of calories

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
my go-to is to buy chicken tenderloins and grill them... if Im not eating them all that day, i crank the heat up (char the outsides) and undercook the insides a tad to keep them from getting too dry when reheated.
Makes sense, I actually enjoy a little burnt parts on some foods.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Welcome to Cancertown. Population: you. Hahah in all seriousness, is it true that burning your food increases Cancer risk dramatically, or is that an old wive's tale?
haha I think thats a tale... you can take charcoal pills and those dont cause cancer... the issue would be the "how" you get that char, not the char itself.

I'm all about the crispies and burnt edges.

sprintsss

Banned
Awards
I sweat just thinking about warmth ha... gym is a soakfest, sleep is a furnace, and throughout the day if i do anything active i usually start sweating unless im in like 30 degrees f or colder. KI has only changed the late parts of my fasting period where I typically begin to see a decline in body heat due to the long absence of calories
Awesome then extra sodium shouldn't even be a concern then

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Awesome then extra sodium shouldn't even be a concern then
only in the sense that my clothes stttiiinnnnkkkk haha. i also spend some time in the sauna on the weekends (or if i can wherever i workout during the week) to help with this as well. I like salt and i find that i dont have any issues with the amounts since my body just got used to it being high all the time.

I do find that I get cramping issues if my Na/K ratio gets out of whack or if im dehydrated

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Got home late tonight and weighed in for reference 184.2lb. This is totally dehydrated from traveling and no foods So I expect weight will be pretty much exactly the same as starting (186)

Tonight's food (one giant meal since I didn't sit down to eat until 12:30am)
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1459574102.958665.jpg

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What's your main fiber source?

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
What did you eat to get all those calories in one meal?

Also, what do you do for a living, if you don't mind me asking? I feel like I've seen it somewhere before, but you do so much traveling. It'd be cool to be able to see so many different places all the time.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
What's your main fiber source?
Tonight most of it came from the two quest bars but there was also a good bit from broccoli and veggie stew.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
What did you eat to get all those calories in one meal?

Also, what do you do for a living, if you don't mind me asking? I feel like I've seen it somewhere before, but you do so much traveling. It'd be cool to be able to see so many different places all the time.
Here was tonight's food:
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1459577203.550841.jpg
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1459577219.582319.jpg

I'm a process improvement consultant. I go to different factories and help them lean out their processes to make things better, faster, cheaper, safer, etc.

I don't usually get to see very exciting places tho ha. They don't build factories in fun places... They build them in dinky blue collar towns mostly (like where I was the last few weeks in the middle of nothing Iowa or next week in even more nothing New York)

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Man that dinner is some solid eating. I think I read a couple pages back about you seeing fullness. Are you only seeing that in the evening?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Man that dinner is some solid eating. I think I read a couple pages back about you seeing fullness. Are you only seeing that in the evening?
Nope, it's been impressively prevalent all day. Especially noticeable right before my meals which is at the tail end of at least a 20hr fast

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Here was tonight's food:
View attachment 133616View attachment 133617

I'm a process improvement consultant. I go to different factories and help them lean out their processes to make things better, faster, cheaper, safer, etc.

I don't usually get to see very exciting places tho ha. They don't build factories in fun places... They build them in dinky blue collar towns mostly (like where I was the last few weeks in the middle of nothing Iowa or next week in even more nothing New York)
That is a lot of chicken for one meal! Lol

I guess you probably go through some cool places, but can't stop cause you're working most of the time? My uncle used to live in Iowa, but one of my favorite states was definitely Wisconsin.

If you're ever in Oklahoma let me know, it's definitely a terrible time here.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
That is a lot of chicken for one meal! Lol

I guess you probably go through some cool places, but can't stop cause you're working most of the time? My uncle used to live in Iowa, but one of my favorite states was definitely Wisconsin.

If you're ever in Oklahoma let me know, it's definitely a terrible time here.
Actually I've been a couple times and my colleague has been in Bartlesville for the last few months just about every week ha.

Ya it's a lot of chicken but if you consider that most just split it into a few meals, 4x6oz isn't much for a day. I just have a bottomless pit of a stomach so eating baby meals just doesn't satisfy me.

Plus since starting my new job, it's just so much more convenient to be able to work through lunch and use the time differences to talk to other customers during my lunches that it's almost a necessity to get everything done some days.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Dosed my KI about 1-1.5hr post meal last night (late, about 3:15a) Woke up this morning a little less bloated than the last few days and sitting at 185.8lb so a very slight weight drop.

No real body comp that I can note except the fullness.

Today will be a "refeed" day. I will bump cals up to about 2800 or so, have quite a few more carbs, and then back down to normal tomorrow. I think this week I will drop cals down to 1900 and cut even a few more carbs out. Protein will stay very high and fat average.

I ran a similar protocol last summer that I had great results with that had me basically doing a 6day psmf at 1600 cals and then a Saturday refeed at 2700-2800. Once i got down to around single digits, I added a Wednesday refeed (slightly smaller/cleaner 2500 or so and not much sugary stuff, just more carbs) as well.

My plan is to try to keep my cals a bit higher this year but we will see. Hoping 1800 or so will be the lowest I'll have to go. 1900 starting tomorrow though.

sprintsss

Banned
Awards
Man I can never keep track of calories or a eat diary wow

wish i can tho

great stuff

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Man I can never keep track of calories or a eat diary wow

wish i can tho

great stuff
Honestly I don't know if it's a good thing ha. It's become somewhat of an addiction for me most of the time... Not so much because I'm worried or anything but more because I'm always curious what all the totals look like ha

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
After your refeed I expect you'll see some results.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
After your refeed I expect you'll see some results.
That's what I'm hoping for. I expect tomorrow I'll be dry as a bone and even more full. Should be perfect.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Refeed day totals:
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1459657475.616672.jpg

Only "dirty" foods were a few Oreos. Everything else was pretty standard fare, just more carbs.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Woke up this morning at a pretty dry 185.8lb (so no real weight loss this week)

By the time I was back from my workout I was down to 183.9 (and this was having drank 64oz of water) so that gives you an idea of how much I sweat between the workout (legs) and sauna(15min).

Gonna have to change up my workouts though as the patellar tendinitis I've been feeling the last week and a half is now so bad that I can't squat or deadlift at all. Gonna focus on rack pulls and high volume extension/curl leg machines. Such a shame as I was on track to set yet another pr squatting on my next heavy day in two weeks.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Today's final tally:
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1459736709.299686.jpg

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Today was my travel/off day so no workout. I usually try to keep cals slightly lower these days half for piece of mind and half because I know I don't need them. The town I'm in is literally in the middle of nowhere and there's only 2 restaurants to eat at here so cals will prob be very low and estimated mon-weds until I head home for thurs night. I have another guy with me so I actually have to eat out every night as most other people aren't into the grocery store dinners like I am ha. Today's final:
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1459822215.825377.jpg

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Side note: at least tomorrow I'll be forced into a bands only hotel room workout (no gym at all in this podunk hotel) but hopefully getting a guest pass to the local ymca for the rest of the time I'll be here over the next few months

CJNator

Awards
Best thing to do it go for free passes for gyms within the area lol.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Best thing to do it go for free passes for gyms within the area lol.
gym... singular ha... theres no real civilization here within 45min.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Late but Subbed.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
You know me as well as my own mom does haha

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Notes thus far:
- still feeling warmer throughout the day, especially at the end of my fasts.
- hunger has been almost non existent even at the late stages when I typically get hungry (4pm or after)
- water intake has been abnormally low the last few days but still seem to be going to the bathroom a good bit considering
- still looking and feeling a bit soft/bloated throughout the mornings and days. Nothing drastic but just a noticeable softness to my body that hadn't been present before and doesn't seem to fade through the day like it would normally if I was just fasting and especially if water intake was low.
- no impact on strength or stamina to note
- nothing as far as mental clarity or anything (this is not something I've ever experienced on a full keto diet tho anyway as so not expected)

Let me know if there's anything else you guys want me to comment on or think about.

Today's final cals:
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1459908503.006397.jpg

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm noticing that same softness. Scale is going down and some areas are looking leaner, but where I hold fat (particularly lower abdomen) definitely looks softer.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I'm noticing that same softness. Scale is going down and some areas are looking leaner, but where I hold fat (particularly lower abdomen) definitely looks softer.
Yep that's exactly where I'm pinpointing it as well. Just below/around the belly button and the side chest area (the two areas that I tend to bloat first/worst always).

It's certainly nothing extreme and reminds me of what I see when Ive run tta-500. I'll be curious to see if the scale starts to dip especially since I dropped cals a bit this week.

On tta I tend to have the bloat but then when I drop it about a week later everything disappears and it's like magic happened. Can be frustrating to watch until you know what to expect at the end though.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Maybe I don't know what I'm saying here, but I think that happens with GDAs. kbayne has said that they shuttle to fat as well as muscle. I noticed fat disappearing off a lot of trouble areas while on Burn24, but I also noticed a bit more of a pronounced pudge in my lower stomach for a while.
Not sure what gda effects has to do with anything? Defuse isn't a gda

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I thought it operates similar to a GDA or has the same carb blocking/fat loss benefits that Burn24 does? Hhahaha you know I'm a noob when it comes to this stuff!
Simply put, it prevents fat storage and keeps everything in the bloodstream so it has a longer period of time to possibly be burned.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ooooo I may have to give that a spin one day! Thank you for dropping some wisdom on me.
Yup. Pretty much when I feel like going on a rampage at a buffet, 4 caps Defuse, and then if I can walk/run/do anything that gets me breathing heavier, I do it 1-2 hours after I eat. I mean, you don't even have to do any real activity afterwards and Defuse still keeps fat gain at bay. Very synergistic with stuff that naturally burns fat (thermogenics, etc).

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Yup. Pretty much when I feel like going on a rampage at a buffet, 4 caps Defuse, and then if I can walk/run/do anything that gets me breathing heavier, I do it 1-2 hours after I eat. I mean, you don't even have to do any real activity afterwards and Defuse still keeps fat gain at bay. Very synergistic with stuff that naturally burns fat (thermogenics, etc).
yep this is the story... its great stuff. totally different than a gda but pairs wonderfully with one for double bonus when going on a food bender. Its a godsend around the holidays!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Nothing too special to note today except that I was really dragging by the end of the work day. Not sure why but I was just drained of energy. I'll have to keep an eye on that to see if it continues as it could be from either or both the combo of slightly lower cals or carbs this week.

Workout this morning was actually great though so it doesn't seem that strength or endurance has been impacted so it may have just been an off afternoon for me.

Today's final tally:
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1459996575.714384.jpg

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
First time I think I've noticed you haven't hit your fiber goal