In case anyone's curious who's subscribed

• Total voters
thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
ok saw it. ok yea just like a barbell row just with dbs ill have to try this sometime

rhomboids are?
between the latissums dorsi and trapezius. It's your middle back.

RisingAgainst

RisingAgainst

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Barbell Rows: 245*7

Bodyweight: 188.5lbs
Do you do those in a squat rack with the bars pushed low or do you do these out in the open?

Impressive lifts for your bodyweight bro, I'm down to 193! :eek:

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do you do those in a squat rack with the bars pushed low or do you do these out in the open?

Impressive lifts for your bodyweight bro, I'm down to 193! :eek:
I do in the squat rack with the pins taken out. First rep entails a partial deadlift.

I'm surprisingly light for my size. Some girl saw my weight when I jumped on the scale today, and said "holy crap, you're only in the 180's?!"

RisingAgainst

RisingAgainst

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I do in the squat rack with the pins taken out. First rep entails a partial deadlift.

I'm surprisingly light for my size. Some girl saw my weight when I jumped on the scale today, and said "holy crap, you're only in the 180's?!"
lol I would have been offended hehehe!

Do you just go down arm's length or do you hunch a bit to get lower and then shoot back up, or you doing these at a 90 degree bent over angle or slightly elevated and working your traps as well???

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
lol I would have been offended hehehe!

Do you just go down arm's length or do you hunch a bit to get lower and then shoot back up, or you doing these at a 90 degree bent over angle or slightly elevated and working your traps as well???
I hunch a bit at the bottom. When my arms are fully extended, I relax my should blades, lowering the weight a little more. I usually hold it at the bottom of this and stretch for a count of 1 or 2 (because it's better'n sex). Explosively shoot up with the weight. I try to pull the DB's through my chest and slowly release them down to the stretched position again.

I tend to bend over more with the DB rows than with the barbells. Barbell rows I'm bent over slightly, so that the bar will stop into my belly button at full contraction. Barbell rows do a lot of the trap work for me. Better upper back exercise than shrugs by a mile, IMHO.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
they are just as unavailable since the prohormone ban. Is that a good answer? :D

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Boobs and "Grandma Arms"

Weighted Dips: 145*5
Incline DB Press: 100*9
DB Pullovers: 100*12 (what up now?!)
Reverse Grip Close Grip Bench (RGCG): 165*12
Leg Press Calf Raise: 600*13
Wrist Curls to the Front: 135*12
Decline Russian Twist: 45*10

It's funny, I saw a bunch of people implementing my infamous RGCG's into their workouts this week. I like to think of myself as a trendsetter, but really they probably got it from BB.com or something :D

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You have grandma arms? Numbers are looking good.
Lol, I have grandma arms as much as I have boobs.

I was in a funny mood this morning, and decided to post the "bad and out of shape terms" for the body parts.

Boobs = Chest
Grandma Arms = Triceps ("grandma arms" is a slang term for when you store a lot of bodyfat over the tricep, commonly happens with older women.)

I'm sorry if I offended anybody. I'm just being a goof.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I might try the rgcg too, just to feel what it isolates

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I might try the rgcg too, just to feel what it isolates
Make sure you have a spotter to help you get the weight off. It's really hard getting the weight up and situated over your chest to get started.

Some tips for "feeling it":
-Take it nice and easy.
-Go all the way down. Because your chest is almost completely taken out of the motion, you will get a lot more tricep action as you go below parallel (which is not the case with the conventional, protonated grip).
-The bar shoud touch the upper part of your chest. This allows for a greater ROM for your tricep muscle, not to mention tons more torque being applied to the triceps muscles (and less on your front deltoid) as you bring the bar lower to the bottom of the motion.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Weekend Update with Kevin Nealon

Saturday & Sunday

Well, Friday afternoon, I strained my knee when the chain unexpectedly popped off the sprocket as I was riding my bike home from class, causing me to bump it on the handle bars. Knee swelled up to the size of a grapefruit. All weekend cardio fun was cancelled. I am instead practicing the WIRED technique for getting the swelling down so I will be good to squat (hopefully) tomorrow.

Wrap- wrap in an ACE bandage
Ice- keep cold to reduce swelling
Rest- stay off it to promote recovery
Elevate- keep knee elevated to reduce swelling
Drug- Advil is your friend :)

I'm thesinner, and that's news to me.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Legs. Knee felt fine this morning. Still a little swollen-looking, but everything panned out nicely, and I had a pretty good workout.

Split Squat: 165*9
Front squat: 225*10
DB Lunges: 75*4
Stiff-legged Deadlifts: 255*9
Behind the back Wrist Curls: 185*18
Seated Calf Raise: 225*10
Decline Crunches: 35*14

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Shoulders

Snatches: 155*3 ; 135*5
DB Military Press: 75*10 (last rep was assisted)
Cable Side Lateral Raise: 50*11
DB Rear Delt Raise: 25*12
Leg Press Calf Raise: 645*12
Wrist Curls to the Front: 135*15
Decline Russian Twist: 45*16

Last day of Fall Break hours (good riddance). I hate lifting so late in the morning.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Shoulders

Snatches: 155*3 ; 135*5
DB Military Press: 75*10 (last rep was assisted)
Cable Side Lateral Raise: 50*11
DB Rear Delt Raise: 25*12
Leg Press Calf Raise: 645*12
Wrist Curls to the Front: 135*15

Last day of Fall Break hours (good riddance). I hate lifting so late in the morning.
sweet numbaz hun.

RisingAgainst

RisingAgainst

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Do you use a "sting-ray" for your front squats? I CANNOT do them properly with any significant amount of weight without one... I even use the "manta-ray" for heavy normal squats.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've never used a sting ray. I know what you are talking about, but have always had a comfortable grip with front squats. I hold it hang-clean style. Bar rests so perfectly along my upperchest and shoulders....it's like I was made for them.

RisingAgainst

RisingAgainst

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've never used a sting ray. I know what you are talking about, but have always had a comfortable grip with front squats. I hold it hang-clean style. Bar rests so perfectly along my upperchest and shoulders....it's like I was made for them.
hmmm... well I just confirmed my ignorance.. I've always done them with a reverse grip... I can definitely hold more weight with a hang-clean grip... good info man thanks.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
hmmm... well I just confirmed my ignorance.. I've always done them with a reverse grip... I can definitely hold more weight with a hang-clean grip... good info man thanks.
youve been on the wrong forum too long....

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ticker-action

Workout started with 10 minutes of HIIT
Treadmill set @ 5% gradient
1 minute Sprint, 1 minute resting speed
3 sprints @ 12mph , 2 sprints @ 11mph

Finished with jumprope action for another 20 and called it a day.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Back & Biceps

Deadlift: 365*5 (I counted 4, partner counted 6, took the mean value)
Weighted Pullups: 60*6
Standing DB Rows: 90*5
Preacher Curls: 110*7
Seated Calf Raise: 200*16
Behind the back barbell wrist curls: 225*10
Decline Crunches: 35*15

I'm thinking of doing wrist curls seated, with my forearms laying on a bench from here on out.

Bodyweight today: 192lbs

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
Back & Biceps

Deadlift: 365*5 (I counted 4, partner counted 6, took the mean value)
Weighted Pullups: 60*6
Standing DB Rows: 90*5
Preacher Curls: 110*7
Seated Calf Raise: 200*16
Behind the back barbell wrist curls: 225*10

I'm thinking of doing wrist curls seated, with my forearms laying on a bench from here on out.

Bodyweight today: 192lbs
nice

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the honorable mention..lol

Looking good on the forearm work.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Chest & Triceps

Weighted Dips: 150*4+1 ....I have standards. Get 5 or die tryin'
Incline DB Press: 105*9
Cybex Flyes: 120*8
Reverse Grip Close Grip Bench (RGCG): 175*10
Leg Press Calf Raise: 645*13
Wrist Curls (New Method) (top part of forearm): 45*14

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Leg Day

Wore my Alpha Male shirt today. The squat rack was being occupied by some omega males doing assisted cheat curls. I was not pleased. Also note, I'm not doing negatives today (hence the large jumps in weights and/or reps).

Split Squat: 175*6 (I think these were low today because I didn't do them on the squat rack. Had to clean and jerk the weight, and do it free ground)
Conventional Squat: 335*9
Front Squat: 245*12
DB Lunges: 75*11
Seated Calf Raise: 200*15
Wrist Curls: Bar*12

RisingAgainst

RisingAgainst

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Leg Day

Wore my Alpha Male shirt today. The squat rack was being occupied by some omega males doing assisted cheat curls. I was not pleased. Also note, I'm not doing negatives today (hence the large jumps in weights and/or reps).

Split Squat: 175*6 (I think these were low today because I didn't do them on the squat rack. Had to clean and jerk the weight, and do it free ground)
Conventional Squat: 335*9
Front Squat: 245*12
DB Lunges: 75*11
Seated Calf Raise: 200*15
Wrist Curls: Bar*12
Hmm, any reason you do wrist curls? are your forearms lacking?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hmm, any reason you do wrist curls? are your forearms lacking?
Not really lacking, just that I would like them to be huge, like popeye forearms. From the thinnest part of my forearm to the thickest part, the circumference more than doubles (6.25" to 12.5")......I would like to see it triple. It also helps with other exercises and is really helpful for the sports I like to play, though rarely get a chance to play them (hockey, lacrosse).

RisingAgainst

RisingAgainst

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Not really lacking, just that I would like them to be huge, like popeye forearms. From the thinnest part of my forearm to the thickest part, the circumference more than doubles (6.25" to 12.5")......I would like to see it triple. It also helps with other exercises and is really helpful for the sports I like to play, though rarely get a chance to play them (hockey, lacrosse).
Ah... I'm a small town kid, I have a way strong back and massive forearms from being outside bustin my ass, so I'm definitely not in need of trainin mine, I can see wantin em to be huge though, mine are at 15" and that's sad cuz my bi's are only 17".. LOL Have you noticed a huge difference since training them??

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Started focussing on building them up over the summer, and they blew up about an inch the first month (from 11 to 12). Progress has since leveled off, but the gains are still coming.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've been thinking about them too, I like the popeye look too :)

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cardio
HIIT on "da mill" set @ 6% gradient
45 seconds @ 12 mph , 45 seconds @ 3 mph for 2 times around

45 seconds @ 11 mph, 45 seconds @ 3 mph for 3 times around

Afterwards jumped rope for 20 minutes

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I liked the mole contest idea, required more creativity than some contests. Pity steveoph blew the rules by a second post, I kinda liked his chain letter approach :)

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
lol, yeah, he's DQ'd unless he deletes one of 'em. Gotta be a man of my word.

I'm just really didn't want another post whoring contest. I don't think those are fun.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah contest ideas are difficult. In the gold area we were trying to help jayhawk come up with ideas for a gold member contest, and its really hard to come up with something interesting and fun that everyone can be a part of, and even harder useful to the board in general. An article posting contest was one of the ideas, which I liked, a recipe posting one was another. Ugab is doing his "guess my top 10 MMA fighters" which is better than a postwhoring, but leaves out non-mma fans.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Back & Biceps

Barbell Row: 290*6+1
Standing DB Rows: 100's*9+1
Cable Cross Pulldowns: 170*10
Incline DB Curls: 70*3+1
Seated Calf Raise: 225*13
Hyperextensions: 45*[Lost Count]
Decline Crunches: 35*[Lost Count]

Bodyweight: 192lbs

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Chest & Triceps:

Weighted Dips: 172.5*5+1
Incline DB Press: 115*9
DB Pullovers: 100*12
Reverse Grip Close Grip Bench (RGCG): 185*11
Leg Press Calf Raise: 700*11
Barbell wrist curls (palms down): bar*15

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Weekend Update with Jane Curtin

Saturday.
After having a small discussion with Dr.D about the displeasures of Silver Nitrate, I hit up the gym about mid afternoon to jump some mad rope. And jump some mad rope I did. For whatever reason, I was in the zone today. I had never done so many triples that effortlessly.....ever.

Sunday.
It's a beautiful day today, but after yesterday's awesome jumprope fiasco, I just had to try it again (to see if it was a fluke). Still a pretty good workout, and still landed them triples like nobody's business. I'm pretty stoked about that. Not as good of a workout as Saturday, though.

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
Weekend Update with Jane Curtin

Saturday.
After having a small discussion with Dr.D about the displeasures of Silver Nitrate, I hit up the gym about mid afternoon to jump some mad rope. And jump some mad rope I did. For whatever reason, I was in the zone today. I had never done so many triples that effortlessly.....ever.

Sunday.
It's a beautiful day today, but after yesterday's awesome jumprope fiasco, I just had to try it again (to see if it was a fluke). Still a pretty good workout, and still landed them triples like nobody's business. I'm pretty stoked about that. Not as good of a workout as Saturday, though.
link me ur jumprope my last one snapped hehe

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Legs

Split Squat: 185*10
Front Squat: 255*10
DB Lunges: 80*9
Stiff-Legged Deadlift: 280*10
Seated Calf Raise: 230*10
Wrist Curls (palms up): bar*15

Bodyweight: 192lbs

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
vsolid workout there, im assuming your just posting ur heavy sets and not the heavy warmups

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
vsolid workout there, im assuming your just posting ur heavy sets and not the heavy warmups
Correct. I usually do two warmup sets. I use wieghts I could do for 15-25, but only go to 10.