Double Deuce

In case anyone's curious who's subscribed

• Total voters

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
nyc, how do you hold the bar? there are 2 highly used ways of holding the bar on a front squat...

1. crossed, kinda like you're doing a crunch
2. as if you had just cleaned the bar...

One might be easier than the other for you. 2 would probably be easiest for balance.

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
nyc, how do you hold the bar? there are 2 highly used ways of holding the bar on a front squat...

1. crossed, kinda like you're doing a crunch
2. as if you had just cleaned the bar...

One might be easier than the other for you. 2 would probably be easiest for balance.
tried everything.

from olympic, to crossed to switched arms crossed to almost passing out once lol isnt there some thing you can make youself passout it think doing front squats haha

i also havent done them in a while im sure it would come back to me alittle better i used to be able to hold it olypmic style but i tried other day and i couldnt. also my back was acting up so we shall see next time

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I personally like the hang-clean method for holding it. Stick your elbows forward and the bar rests perfectly across your upper chest and shoulders. The guy I train with prefers the arms crossed method. To each his own I guess.

I'm going to PM you some shtuff.

In all honesty, I prefer front squats to conventional ones with regards to overall comfort in doing them.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Exactly...I prefer doing them with my arms crossed...the bar seems to fit into a divot in my delts perfectly. :D

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Shoulders.

Snatches: 145*3
DB Military Press: 70*9
Cable Side Lateral Raise: 60*7
DB Rear Delt Raise: 20*12 (hold at the top for a few seconds)
Leg Press Calf Raise: 560*13
Wrist Curls in Front: 115*13
Decline Russian Twist: 35*14

Whew, the negatives were killer today, gave me some wicked pumped-action.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm curious on what the decline russian twist is?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm sitting on one of those declines, like someone about to do decline crunches with a plate. I'm about halfway up in the crunching ROM. Holding the plate straight out in front of me, I twist my shoulders from side to side.

Imagine this, except I'm on an decline/incline (whichever way you're looking at it), I'm holding a weight, and I'm much better looking :p
Bodybuilding.com - Exercise Guides Database.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm sitting on one of those declines, like someone about to do decline crunches with a plate. I'm about halfway up in the crunching ROM. Holding the plate straight out in front of me, I twist my shoulders from side to side.

Imagine this, except I'm on an incline, I'm holding a weight, and I'm much better looking :p
Bodybuilding.com - Exercise Guides Database.
In that case instead of settling for second best pictures i'll wait for your picture version of it;)

RisingAgainst

RisingAgainst

Banned
Awards
  • Established
In that case instead of settling for second best pictures i'll wait for your picture version of it;)
No offense, but watching Wizz-Ra do the Russian Twist is a but unappealing to the eye... he's much sexier doing squats and cardio.... LMFAO!

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
You have any pics hotboy?

I don't think I have ever seen your build...great lifts for your weight tho..very nice.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Honestly, I don't have any pics of the current sinner (I don't have a camera). There's a pic of the Natural Sinner in the Member's Photo Gallery.

Otterwife photoshopped me doing a goat somewhere in Chad's log.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cardio & Cake day

Did HIIT for about 10 minutes to start off the workout
40-60s intervals of 11mph @ 5% gradient for the first half and intervals of 9mph @ 10% gradient for the second half.

Afterwards (of course) I done jumped dat dere rope, but I didn't take any dat dere cell-tech, though.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Is today your birthday? If so Happy Birthday!

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, I turn 22 today.

[let's please not flood this thread with Happy Birthday Posts. Unless otherwise specified, I will assume you wish me a happy birthday.]

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
but what if I don't want to wish you a happy birthday?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Then you're a jerk and I don't wanna be your friend anymore. :rasp:

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, I turn 22 today.

[let's please not flood this thread with Happy Birthday Posts. Unless otherwise specified, I will assume you wish me a happy birthday.]
and wasnt there something else that came in a package a few weeks back you were going to explain today too? some parts of my random access memory work ok :)

RisingAgainst

RisingAgainst

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Bro, don't send me anything back, consider what I sent you a bday gift, I had no idea.. :sad:

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll have to pimp you out sometime down the road RA.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Back, Biceps, and Watching Hot Chicks do Cardio

Deadlift: 350*6
Weighted Pullups: 55*6
Standing DB Rows: 85*6
Peacher Curls: 100*7
Seaed Calf Raise: 210*10
Decline Crunches: 35*13
Behind the back wrist curls: 205*12

**All sets were done with a 5+ seconds eccentric phase and I am paying the consequences **

Thursdays are the big night for goin' out drinkin' so it seems to be that a lot of the ladies who go out that day seem to do some extra cardio in the morning in attempt to compensate for the empty drinkin' calories. I can't say that I approve of this, but it sure is fun to watch ;)

Bodyweight today: 187.5lbs Woo Woo, the sintrain is a chuggin! :woohoo:

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Chest & Triceps

Weighted Dips: 145*4+1 I was determined for 5 ;)
Incline DB Press: 100*9
Cybex Flyes: 100*10
RGCG Bench Press: 155*12
Leg Press Calf Raise: 590*14
Wrist Curls to the Front: 135*14
Decline Russian Twist: 35*20

Pecs and triceps are screaming :eek:

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Proactive answering of Q's

Before anyone asks, here's a video that shows what cybex flyes are: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/glasscut3.htm

Yeah, it's a Charles Glass creation. Though I don't personally like his overly isolative style of training, he knows some pretty sick isolation moves. This is one of 'em.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Sinner, are these final sets? and are they the only work sets? how many warmups do you do?

Last edited:
thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sinner, are these final set? and are they the only work sets? how many warmups do you do?
These are the final set and the only the work set.

I usually do 2 warmups. With heavier exercises (like squats or deadlifts) I'll sometimes do 3 warmups, and with wimpier exercises (like lateral raises) I'll sometimes only do 1.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Weekend update with Norm MacDonald.

Saturday
Beach Run on the sand for ~3-4 mi. It's not often I'm home by the beach, so I take advantage of it every change I get. Beach runs are wickedly fun.

Got to meet Macedaddy for the first time Saturday night at the NPC Natural Ohio. Ironically enough, the AX booth was right across from the Oryx GOAT Protein booth. Of course we got our pictures taken with it. If I can ever figure out how to get pics from my phone to my compy, it will be up

Sunday
Cales were incredibly tired from Saturday's beach run. I just ran 4 miles on the nearby bike trails. It is too damn hot out to be Octbober.

Relatives came over today and we had some homemade pumpkin and apple pie. You're damn right I ate it! And it was 110% worth it

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Legs. I'm keepin' with the negatives for prolly the rest of this week and next week.

Squats: 275*6
Split Squat: 160*6
Front Squat: 210*9
DB Lunges: 75*5
Seated Calf Raise: 210*14
Behind the back wrist Curls: 205*14
Decline Crunches: 35*13

Bodyweight today: 189lbs. Pie weight...I swear ;)

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
So here's the pic of Mace and Me from Saturday. Now you can't complain that you never see any pics of me. I'm not really that big, just have an athletic looking build, and I can live with that....I guess....for now at least.

Faces were editted to protect the innocent. Or at least Macedaddy's was. I always look like that.

Attachments

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Lookin thick in that picture man...nice work.

Will you be at the AC with AX?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
if my schedule allows me some free time to go down....I'll be dere.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
what about me? :run:
Not sure if it's complimenting or insulting, but you were in a lot better shape than I would have expected. I think you give yourself less credit than you deserve :thumbsup:

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Shoulders

Snatches: 135 for 5 singles (held at the top for a few seconds)
DB Military Press: 75*8
DB Side Lateral Raise: 30*6
DB Rear Delt Raise: 20*11
Leg Press Calf Raise: 600*12
Barbell Wrist Curls to the Front: 135*15
Russian Twist: 35*16

Snatch form is definitely improving. I've got the catches down pat. Now I just gotta work on maintaining my balance when I pop up to finish the lift :D

RisingAgainst

RisingAgainst

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Shoulders

Snatches: 135 for 5 singles (held at the top for a few seconds)
DB Military Press: 75*8
DB Side Lateral Raise: 30*6
DB Rear Delt Raise: 20*11
Leg Press Calf Raise: 600*12
Barbell Wrist Curls to the Front: 135*15
Russian Twist: 35*16

Snatch form is definitely improving. I've got the catches down pat. Now I just gotta work on maintaining my balance when I pop up to finish the lift :D
How are you doing the rear delt raises? (seated, bent over, cable, laying down on an incline, etc.)

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
How are you doing the rear delt raises? (seated, bent over, cable, laying down on an incline, etc.)
Good Q.

I sit down and bent over forward (chest against my knees) using dumbbells. I try to hold it at the top with this move, since this is where the majority of the 'work' is happening.

RisingAgainst

RisingAgainst

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Good Q.

I sit down and bent over forward (chest against my knees) using dumbbells. I try to hold it at the top with this move, since this is where the majority of the 'work' is happening.
Ah, ever give the other ways a chance? I like reverse flyes on a machine for heavy weight with a slow release and ~15-20lb dbs for pauses how you do them, or laying face down on an incline. Good setup so far, lovin the log. and blowjob can't read directions! lol

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've tried pretty much every variation of rear delt raises there is. I like these because they're don't require high traffice equipment (like reverse pec deck), don't allow for "cheat reps", and they're quite humbling.

But who knows, I might switch it up in a few months. Was doing reverse pec decks over the summer.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Are you going to the other 3 shows in Ohio this month?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Are you going to the other 3 shows in Ohio this month?
Wasn't planning on it.

I really wanna go to the Monster Mash in Oxford, but probably won't. School and work come first.

BTW, I got a parttime job as a QC chemist for an electroplating manufacturer (should be a nice break from the automotive industry). If the other guy can make it there to train me, I start today.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
sinner, thats exactly how i do my rear laterals...you get the best stability that way.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
"Cardy-ho!"

Thought I would run 800's this morning instead of the usual treadmill routine. LOL, it's been a while since I've run an 800, and yeah, my speed had gone up and my endurance down. The track is 6 laps to a mile. I ended up sprinting 1 lap, rest/walk, 3 laps (800), rest/walk, 1 lap.

Afterwards, jumped dat dere rope...for about 20-25 minutes......then it broke! :sad: I hate it when that happens, but it's nothing a paperclip won't fix.

sinner, thats exactly how i do my rear laterals...you get the best stability that way.
Word.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Back & Biceps

Barbell Rows: 245*7
Standing DB Rows: 85*7
Cable Cross Pulldowns: 160*8
Incline DB Curls: 60*7
Seated Calf Raise: 225*12
Hyper Extensions: 45*20
Decline Crunches: 35*16

Bodyweight: 188.5lbs

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
nice nice

stanidng db rows you mean leaning over holding the weight rack i assume?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
nice nice

stanidng db rows you mean leaning over holding the weight rack i assume?
No, these are done bilaterally. It's pretty much the same as barbell rows, except I can get a much deeper stretch. I'll go all the way down until the dumbells just barely touch the ground. It really works the rhomboids like you wouldn't believe.

This guy has piss poor form, but this is how the exercise looks:
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/2003/bentovertwoarmdbrow.ram
(file will open in realplayer)

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
No, these are done bilaterally. It's pretty much the same as barbell rows, except I can get a much deeper stretch. I'll go all the way down until the dumbells just barely touch the ground. It really works the rhomboids like you wouldn't believe.

This guy has piss poor form, but this is how the exercise looks:
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/2003/bentovertwoarmdbrow.ram
(file will open in realplayer)
ok saw it. ok yea just like a barbell row just with dbs ill have to try this sometime

rhomboids are?