Started low dose accutane and my skin is clearer than ever. I feel great, ut my doctor wants to double my dose?…

jiu jitsu

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I'm 29 years old and 190 lbs and have dealt with cystic acne on my back for the past 10 years. Its hormonal acne from when I took pro hormones a decade ago and never recovered. I tried everything, and nothing has successfully cleared me up. I finally decided to pull the trigger and start Accutane; I’m one month into 30 mg of isotretinoin and my skin has never been this clear in my entire life. My back is completely clear, something I haven’t experienced since I was a kid. However, my doctor wants to bump me up to 60 mg, and then to 80. I almost feel like I don’t even need to raise the dose considering how effective 30 mg has been, also I’m already getting frequent nosebleeds so I’m a little bit worried about raising the dose. Any thoughts on maintaining 30 mg for the next eight months?

I’ve heard stories about lowdose Accutane being successful, but the acne, returning after discontinuation

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'm 29 years old and 190 lbs and have dealt with cystic acne on my back for the past 10 years. Its hormonal acne from when I took pro hormones a decade ago and never recovered. I tried everything, and nothing has successfully cleared me up. I finally decided to pull the trigger and start Accutane; I’m one month into 30 mg of isotretinoin and my skin has never been this clear in my entire life. My back is completely clear, something I haven’t experienced since I was a kid. However, my doctor wants to bump me up to 60 mg, and then to 80. I almost feel like I don’t even need to raise the dose considering how effective 30 mg has been, also I’m already getting frequent nosebleeds so I’m a little bit worried about raising the dose. Any thoughts on maintaining 30 mg for the next eight months?

I’ve heard stories about lowdose Accutane being successful, but the acne, returning after discontinuation
I think there's a certain amount you need to get into your system over time and for low dose to be a permanent fix you basically gotta run it long enough to eventually get whatever the total dose is. I used it 1 time at a very low dose for 4 months and my bacne returned eventually but it's never gotten bad again like it use to. I wasn't willing to raise the dose for fear of side effects and health concerns. Now I just run like 10-15 days of a antibiotic when I start a cycle and that has Bern working great

jiu jitsu

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I think there's a certain amount you need to get into your system over time and for low dose to be a permanent fix you basically gotta run it long enough to eventually get whatever the total dose is. I used it 1 time at a very low dose for 4 months and my bacne returned eventually but it's never gotten bad again like it use to. I wasn't willing to raise the dose for fear of side effects and health concerns. Now I just run like 10-15 days of a antibiotic when I start a cycle and that has Bern working great
I gotcha. however my issue is persistent regardless of what I do. TRT, off TRT. Doesnt matter

this is the first time Ive ever been clear

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I gotcha. however my issue is persistent regardless of what I do. TRT, off TRT. Doesnt matter

I'm glad it's working for you, man!
But health first, IMO.
If you're concerned about raising the dose, I wouldn't do it.

G34RS

G34RS

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
This is accurate. I’m actually about to start a second course of it because I had to cut the first course short due to personal reasons that were not health related. My acne is better than it used to be, but for full lasting clearance you will need to run it for the recommended dosage for the the prescribed amount of time.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

I understand that, what I'm saying is if you don't wan to raise the dose. Then you need to stay on the lower dose for a longer period of time. Eventually you'll have enough of it in your system for long enough that. You don't need it. Just because he wants to raise your dose doesn't mean you have to,. You're the one who's taking the medication at home so just continue with the dose that you like.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Sorry for all the. Added? Punctuation marks that aren't necessary? , my talk? The text feature does that sometimes l o l