Does anyone NOT take a preworkout before a workout?

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
lol..none taken brother, PWO addict crew!
I have also been known to take PWOs when not working out from time to time :bigeyes2:

Were you able to experience the legendary DS Craze?

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I switch from pre's to coffee. Does coffee count? lol

troybrown

troybrown

Awards
I have also been known to take PWOs when not working out from time to time :bigeyes2:

Were you able to experience the legendary DS Craze?
nope Only heard of its gnarlyness..do have a couple unopened tubs of jack3d...that im saving like a fine wine

pro45

Awards
No, Never taken one. Make my own, or just go with 100% fruit juice diluted with water with whey iso. Pre contest staple.

troybrown

troybrown

Awards
No...that is one that I never tried :cool:
live in the states? When the time comes i'll send ya a few servings, taking alittle stim pwo break while i run a cycle..I have a feeling jack3d is going to be my first scoop back.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
I think it's best to take TWO preworkouts. Most ultra-concentrates don't contain enough ingredients (except for beta alanine) to do much of anything.

I take
Wyked 3.0
C4 RTD

Or

Wyked 3.0
JackedUP

Why You NEED Two Preworkouts - Mind And Muscle

Gives me the perfect mix of ingredients.

"The best way to take these is in this fashion:

1 hour prior to workout take your preworkout that contains at least 3-4g of creatine and other key nutrients. Use 20oz of water minimum to maximize hydration.
20 minutes before your workout use your ultra-concentrate in 12oz water to maximize the stimulant effects of the concentrate.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
^^ Dose up to 20mg of Yohimbine
Are you trying to give people a heart attack?
An effective dose for Beta-Alanine is around 3.2g not 1.8g as stated in your article. Personally BA Doesn't have enough research to deem it a great ingredient.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4501114/
4-6g Dose
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21659893
4g dose on athletes
Dose around 3.2g
https://www.naturalproductsinsider.com/blogs/sports-nutrition/2016/09/beta-alanine-supplementation-updates-on-dosage-an.aspx
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23918656
"There appears to be some evidence from this review that supplementation with BA may increase athletic performance. "
"using BA as an ergogenic aid until there is sufficient evidence"

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
he didn't say dose 20mg at once. for a 200lb man, 18mg is a normal dose split up throughout the day.
he never referenced weight of the individual in the article. Nor does it say to drink your pre-workout throughout the day. Most people do not know how to dose Y, or know more about Y will just drink it all at once as the article states:
"why it makes sense to take your “preworkout” one hour prior to exercise"
That pre-workout including:
"Yohimbine HCL – this stimulant is not a strong neuro-stimulant but it does have a good fat burning effect. Yohimbine does stack nicely with caffeine because it seems to have similar pharmokinetics – Dose is 1-20mg."

In the industry you can't take for granted people are educated on supplements and ingredients. 90% of the people buy a product based off taste, not what the ingredient profile is.
Go ask 10 people at your gym what Yohimbine is and what it does. They will look at you like a deer in headlights. You can't assume someone who reads or takes a product is educated.

The dose should read. Work up to .02mg/kg based off weight You know how people are. you tell them the highest dose and they will think more = better and take more then necessary.

Tiocfaidh

Tiocfaidh

Awards
  • Established
he never referenced weight of the individual in the article. Nor does it say to drink your pre-workout throughout the day. Most people who do not know how to dose Y, or know more about Y will just drink it all at once as the article states:
"why it makes sense to take your “preworkout” one hour prior to exercise"
That pre-workout including:
"Yohimbine HCL – this stimulant is not a strong neuro-stimulant but it does have a good fat burning effect. Yohimbine does stack nicely with caffeine because it seems to have similar pharmokinetics – Dose is 1-20mg."

In the industry you can't take for granted people are educated on supplements and ingredients. 90% of the people buy a prodcut based off taste, not what the ingredient profile is.
Go ask 10 people at your gym what Yohimbine is and what it does. They will look at you like a deer in headlights. You can't assume someone who reads or takes a product is educated.
just stop. he clearly indicated two type of pre workouts, the dosing and when to use them. if you want to sit there is try to nitpick and play semantics then i will gladly do that with every statement you make and it won't be pretty. just stop. his point is correct. most pre workouts are under dosed, pre made package by a manufacturer to maximize profits and not effect. you have very few companies like OL that actually try to pack the ingredients in there. his point is valid, stop with the drama bs that he is giving anyone a heart attack. he listed the doses as per the ingredient not to mention you can't get 20mg of yohimbine stacking two pre workout let alone four or five.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
For all the trouble people seem to have with it (not all though, I could snort it like Tony Montana), and the MINUSCULE evidence that it actually does anything (the Ostojic study body comp methods were not great) - I'm surprised anyone bothers with Yohimbine.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
For all the trouble people seem to have with it (not all though, I could snort it like Tony Montana), and the MINUSCULE evidence that it actually does anything (the Ostojic study body comp methods were not great) - I'm surprised anyone bothers with Yohimbine.
I actually love it. :)

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
I actually love it. :)
I still take it too because it's literally pennies (Bulk LM 98%) and I have zero sides up to 40mg. But my scale and tape just never decrease more when using it, compared to just EC - but because it's so cheap (I think caps from Primaforce or SNS would be next cheapest) it's a "why not" - but I always question re-stocking when I get low :D - but then do hahahahaha.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I still take it too because it's literally pennies (Bulk LM 98%) and I have zero sides up to 40mg. But my scale and tape just never decrease more when using it, compared to just EC - but because it's so cheap (I think caps from Primaforce or SNS would be next cheapest) it's a "why not" - but I always question re-stocking when I get low :D - but then do hahahahaha.
I am one of the people who hates the sides I get from it at anything over around 3 mg, but there is strong evidence it works, probably stronger than 90% of what's out there. I do like Rauwolscine and can take that in big doses for some reason...

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
I am one of the people who hates the sides I get from it at anything over around 3 mg, but there is strong evidence it works, probably stronger than 90% of what's out there. I do like Rauwolscine and can take that in big doses for some reason...
I can't handle any form of Y; HCl, alpha, rauwolscine, anything. Half dose of BloodShr3d RAW gives me cold sweats and shakes. If I take IGNIT3 I have to spread the 5-cap dose over the entire day. If I take more than 1 cap at a time I get the sides.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I get more effects at lower bf% than E and I actually "feel" better on it.

Just shows everyone is different. I use 15mg per day.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established

It has a similar neurological effect as the antidepressant mirtazapine (mirtazapine has other effects also). Y antagonizes alpha-2 receptors which causes an increased release of Norepinephrine and to a smaller extent serotonin in the brain regions responsible for mood and attention regulation. More accurately it stops the feedback loop that lowers NE, kinda disinhibiting it...many people get anxiety from this. However, there are some that don’t get the anxiety but instead an antidepressant-like effect. Not a true effect as if you were depressed but can deff leads to a better mood and better energy, it’s peripheral effects aside. They have some newer meds that are in the class of combined NE-5HT reubtske bloxking thst have much higher effects on NE. In the past they though serotonin should match NE release if not be higher, but now there is evidence that some people only respond to the NE aspect. It can also be useful in cases of fibromyalgia and nerve pain in general.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
From the article:

"Most normal preworkouts contain creatine and other amino acids. You want to pick one that has at least 3g of creatine (monohydrate is the most well studied) and Arginine (good for mTOR stimulation) along with Betaine (boosts IGF-1 levels) maybe Leucine (boosts mTOR) and other key amino acids."

Creatine is great and all, but it is not at all necessary in the context of a PWO, and has no real acute ergogenic effects. I would NOT list creatine as a must-have in a PWO. As for arginine, citrulline >>>> arginine, and nitrates >>>> arginine.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Same here. I think people are mistaken bc I HAVE noticed some water retention when using it at those doses. 4-5 days later seems to be noticeably leaner

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Same here. I think people are mistaken bc I HAVE noticed some water retention when using it at those doses. 4-5 days later seems to be noticeably leaner

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
It has a similar neurological effect as the antidepressant mirtazapine (mirtazapine has other effects also). Y antagonizes alpha-2 receptors which causes an increased release of Norepinephrine and to a smaller extent serotonin in the brain regions responsible for mood and attention regulation. More accurately it stops the feedback loop that lowers NE, kinda disinhibiting it...many people get anxiety from this. However, there are some that don’t get the anxiety but instead an antidepressant-like effect. Not a true effect as if you were depressed but can deff leads to a better mood and better energy, it’s peripheral effects aside. They have some newer meds that are in the class of combined NE-5HT reubtske bloxking thst have much higher effects on NE. In the past they though serotonin should match NE release if not be higher, but now there is evidence that some people only respond to the NE aspect. It can also be useful in cases of fibromyalgia and nerve pain in general.
I know :)

Its also the reason Alphamine was so good in terms of euphoria IMO...the SA2-A extract.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I took off two days ago completely it was my first day out of the gym in two weeks, I do cardio on off non lifting days.

I decided not to take a pre yesterday and performed very well, sleep and rest were on parr, the day off helped, had two meals before training

I may do it today as well. It feels a bit less pepping me up , thats about it

I went on a date last night, and Ive noticed doing natural things like a new person can boost motivation and cause chemical changes in your body. adrenaline, feel good chemicals, from just having a good time

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I haven't used an actual pre workout in a while.. Stimulants seem to cause too much anxiety and sleep issues now.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I haven't used an actual pre workout in a while.. Stimulants seem to cause too much anxiety and sleep issues now.
Its a great point. If I want to wake up earlier cutting stimulates seems to help me go to bed a bit earlier, extra sleep and or getting up earlier.