Creatine Rookie Over Here

JuveCalcio

JuveCalcio

Awards
So everyone who has ever advised me to try new supps or workout plans have always got on me about trying out creatine. I've always brushed it off having the rumors/myths of creatine in the back of my head. "You'll get fat once you get off of it" "All it is is water weight, just makes you look bigger" Just the main couple. I have been looking more into it though and it doesn't seem like that is the case. So I'm deciding that I want to try some but don't have a clue on what would be a good creatine suited for me.

I'm starting my new workout plan today. I weighed myself this morning and was 152lbs. Last time I got a bf% test was during fall soccer season. I was at 12%. I'm open to all suggestions guys.

WilteredFire

WilteredFire

Awards
  • Established
Start with something basic rather than fancy and too expensive and see how it works for you and delivers results, look more into how to effective load or dose creatine and what the best ways to take it post workout are for instance. These are all important for anybody using creatine.

I would highly recommend using Creapure (best quality creatine monohydrate, as most creatine studies are for the monohydrate form of creatine its best to stick to this for you as a first timer).

I can recommend Prolab Creatine Monohydrate as thats Creapure, Primordial Performance I beleive are also doing some too now. Take your pick I guess :)

All the best.

JuveCalcio

JuveCalcio

Awards
Thanks. I remember I did a cycle a long way back around sophmore year during soccer season. That actually was probably my best year of soccer I've ever played too. I doubt it was from the creatine but I do know that that was also the year that I made my biggest strength and size gains.

I'm also reading something about Creatine Ethyl Ester. Says it absorbs much better than Creatine Monohydrate. Whats the take on that stuff?

WilteredFire

WilteredFire

Awards
  • Established
It appears that CEE, or Creatine Ethyl Ester seems to be convering into the more useless Creatinine, Creatinine if im not wrong doesn't offer us any Ergogenic/Performance enhancing benefits and is NOT something we want. We want to use Creatine that is going to convert less into a useless metabolite/substance in the body. At the end of the day we buy Creatine because we want Creatine.

Here is one study on the effects of CEE in the body, I think the primary concern or negative aspect of using CEE vs Creapure/Creatine is degradation/conversion of CEE into Creatinine. Please take a read here when you get a chance bud, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19228401

Again I hope the info ive given you is accurate, if im mistaken on something im sure one of the more cleverer guys will be kind enough to correct me on my advice :)

Cheers!

wsaucer

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Creatine Mono(creapure) and Creatine Hydrochloride are ones that have actually worked well for me.Creatine Hydrochloride just acted faster.but nothing else was really different as far as effectiveness. It's also expensive. Stick to Mono for awhile, then you can move onto the hyrdochloride later down the road...

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
stick to regular mono, which i believe is the only with years of science and not some theory on attaching stuff to increase bio availability

greekstallion

Awards
just go with kre-alkalyn no bloating just size and strength

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

TheTransforma

Creapure, doesn't matter which brand as Creapure is Germany's Quality creatine monohydrate marketed by several supp companies. Just go for the cheapest creapure product and save $$$, but bottom line: Creapure is creapure.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Don't hesitate to try Green Bulge, MAN Orotine or MAN Clout, or MST Cre02. Orotine is a simply creatine orotate, but the orotic acid is a potent and effective addition that is awesome. Green Bulge is a great formula, cost effective, and provides great strength gains. Cre02 is enteric coated and uses a lower dose of creatine to provide more kick, and includes ingredients to seriously boost work and cardio capacity, as well as strength. MAN Clout is the top of the heap, but you need to run 2 bottles, the first one at full dosing, and the taste isn't exactly great, and that's $80 you'll spend right there. Absolutely amazing products, all of them.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Don't hesitate to try Green Bulge, MAN Orotine or MAN Clout, or MST Cre02. Orotine is a simply creatine orotate, but the orotic acid is a potent and effective addition that is awesome. Green Bulge is a great formula, cost effective, and provides great strength gains. Cre02 is enteric coated and uses a lower dose of creatine to provide more kick, and includes ingredients to seriously boost work and cardio capacity, as well as strength. MAN Clout is the top of the heap, but you need to run 2 bottles, the first one at full dosing, and the taste isn't exactly great, and that's $80 you'll spend right there. Absolutely amazing products, all of them.
..and you would really recommend $80 towards creatine, when for $18 he can have 200 servings of the purest form of creatine monohydrate, which happens to be the most researched and understood supplement?

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Uh, because you think Clout is 'just creatine'? Go read up on it, and reviews on it, then we'll talk. ;)

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Uh, because you think Clout is 'just creatine'? Go read up on it, and reviews on it, then we'll talk. ;)
I don't believe in designer creatine. If you want me to consider it something other then creatine (considering its ingredients - Beta Alanine, L-Carnitine, Inositol Hexaphosphate *Anti-Oxidant? Im not sure on this one but -looks like its not all good*, ...), then lets compare it to other preworkouts.

When asked which Creatine to go with, I wouldnt have anyone look farther then creapure. I have my opinions on preworkouts as well, but that is not what was asked.

WilteredFire

WilteredFire

Awards
  • Established
After trying 3 different Creatines, I have to say just after a week of being on Creapure it really is helping me to push an extra 1-2 reps and allow me to keep better form and not compromise any part of my workouts, and its still kicking in as Ive not ran a 4-5 day loading phase so Im sure things will get much better with more time to come :)

For what the thread opener asked about which Creatine, I think for just straight creatine..Creapure would be a brilliant first choice. Easy on the wallet, and shouldn't disappoint with regards to results :)

Really thickening out on my Creapure right now and pumps are getting better (its all I use pre-workout apart from a caffeine pill)

Im agreeing with HTS on this one, but Poison your suggestions on the Clout/Oratine are interesting, i'll read up some reviews on Clout as I hear you've mentioned it before too :)

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I don't believe in designer creatine. If you want me to consider it something other then creatine (considering its ingredients - Beta Alanine, L-Carnitine, Inositol Hexaphosphate *Anti-Oxidant? Im not sure on this one but -looks like its not all good*, ...), then lets compare it to other preworkouts.

When asked which Creatine to go with, I wouldnt have anyone look farther then creapure. I have my opinions on preworkouts as well, but that is not what was asked.
Believe in designers? There's nothing to believe, it's not a faith or religion. There are creatines that work well, and some that work less well, but it's pretty safe to say that if there's creatine attached to water/malic acid/orotic acid/magnesium/whathaveyou, it's probably going to have some effect. Obviously cee and krealkalyn have been proven to be less stable and less effective, but that's not to say they don't work. Monohydrate is the most studied kind of creatine, and a safe bet.

But I guarantee that many people will have greater effects from creatine malate (malic acid has additional effects beyond creatine alone), or creatine orotate (same thing:more, better effects).

As for Clout...it was cutting edge when it came out, and it's been the top creatine formula ever since (MAN introduced the supp industry to citrulline, beta alanine, orotic acid, raspberry ketones,,and was the first to use polymerized polyphenols, lclt, and probably some other stuff I can't remember offhand). There simply isn't another formula that surpasses its performance effects. It's all science, no bs , and thoughtfully formulated (clinically studied amounts of ingredients, non-proprietary formula, no stim stuff/caffeine to interfere with the creatine and performance, no arginine which may interfere with creatine, etc ad naseum). No other single product out there increases speed, strength, endurance, and recovery like it. If that's not interesting or worthwhile to you, then avoid it. Otherwise give it a shot. :D

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
After trying 3 different Creatines, I have to say just after a week of being on Creapure it really is helping me to push an extra 1-2 reps and allow me to keep better form and not compromise any part of my workouts, and its still kicking in as Ive not ran a 4-5 day loading phase so Im sure things will get much better with more time to come :)

For what the thread opener asked about which Creatine, I think for just straight creatine..Creapure would be a brilliant first choice. Easy on the wallet, and shouldn't disappoint with regards to results :)

Really thickening out on my Creapure right now and pumps are getting better (its all I use pre-workout apart from a caffeine pill)

Im agreeing with HTS on this one, but Poison your suggestions on the Clout/Oratine are interesting, i'll read up some reviews on Clout as I hear you've mentioned it before too :)
You're only a week in! Give it two-3 more weeks, it gets better. And check out Clout/orotine/green bulge.

I was taking Nos Ether Level 1 for 2 months. I switched to green bulge with no pause, and quickly gained strength, jumping reps on everything with no change in routine or diet. Then I went straight off that to Cre02. Cardio endurance shot up, but strength went down. Why was green bulge effective in the strength dept? Green bulge has orotic acid, magnesium creatine chelate, and di creatine malate.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Believe in designers? There's nothing to believe, it's not a faith or religion. There are creatines that work well, and some that work less well, but it's pretty safe to say that if there's creatine attached to water/malic acid/orotic acid/magnesium/whathaveyou, it's probably going to have some effect. Obviously cee and krealkalyn have been proven to be less stable and less effective, but that's not to say they don't work. Monohydrate is the most studied kind of creatine, and a safe bet.

But I guarantee that many people will have greater effects from creatine malate (malic acid has additional effects beyond creatine alone), or creatine orotate (same thing:more, better effects).

As for Clout...it was cutting edge when it came out, and it's been the top creatine formula ever since (MAN introduced the supp industry to citrulline, beta alanine, orotic acid, raspberry ketones,,and was the first to use polymerized polyphenols, lclt, and probably some other stuff I can't remember offhand). There simply isn't another formula that surpasses its performance effects. It's all science, no bs , and thoughtfully formulated (clinically studied amounts of ingredients, non-proprietary formula, no stim stuff/caffeine to interfere with the creatine and performance, no arginine which may interfere with creatine, etc ad naseum). No other single product out there increases speed, strength, endurance, and recovery like it. If that's not interesting or worthwhile to you, then avoid it. Otherwise give it a shot. :D
I wasn't disagreeing with you. It has a great profile. It's just alittle bit more then what I would compare in a creatine discussion. If we brought in every product that contains creatine, we would discuss Torrent Zero, AGST, and many others. When discussing Creatine, I look at creatine products.

The designer thing to me remains. Even if one lives through the initial hype of being a better product, I am still not convinced that something such as creatine should be costing me that much. Creatine is a staple right up there with my multi and fishoil. When I am regularly consuming something, Ill take the option that is not only cheap, but is the proven safe bet.

This is not an argument, it is my stance. I know not everyone sees supps the same way, so I respect your choice as well as mine. Just figured it was open for discussion :D

WilteredFire

WilteredFire

Awards
  • Established
HereToStudy, I have to agree 100% there that when you have Creatine thats considered a staple, for those that want just Creatine, its beneficial if its inexpensive. Its not always possible that people will be able to pay 25-30bucks for a months supply mdofied creatine with other goodies. For a staple, money and effectiveness wise, I think Creapure would be the sensible choice here. Something you can take for months without denting your wallet lol :)

Coastie

Awards
Just got my Creapure delivered today, cant wait to go to the gym today!!!

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
my creapure is gonna get here on friday, i ordered from universal though does it matter who its from? or does it just matter wether its creapure?

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Start with something basic rather than fancy and too expensive and see how it works for you and delivers results, look more into how to effective load or dose creatine and what the best ways to take it post workout are for instance. These are all important for anybody using creatine.

I would highly recommend using Creapure (best quality creatine monohydrate, as most creatine studies are for the monohydrate form of creatine its best to stick to this for you as a first timer).

I can recommend Prolab Creatine Monohydrate as thats Creapure, Primordial Performance I beleive are also doing some too now. Take your pick I guess :)

All the best.
Creapure for the win

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
my creapure is gonna get here on friday, i ordered from universal though does it matter who its from? or does it just matter wether its creapure?
Creapure is Creapure. It is all sourced from the same German manufacturer. If comparing two creapure products, you could let price guide you. I get Primordial's because I order from them for other things anways, and they are very cheap for creapure (I get the 1000g).

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Creapure is Creapure. It is all sourced from the same German manufacturer. If comparing two creapure products, you could let price guide you. I get Primordial's because I order from them for other things anways, and they are very cheap for creapure (I get the 1000g).
well i bought from universal cuz the site didnt have PP creapure so might as well save on shipping by ordering from the same site

WilteredFire

WilteredFire

Awards
  • Established
i would rep you but i have to spread some more
You got some universal Creatine? The label said it was Micronized Creapure Creatine Monohydrate...

THat sounds SMASHING, Bit of a rare combo for creatine to be Creapure and Micronized isn't it? (thats guessing that all creapure isn't micronized already)

Would anybody like to clarify on this about Universals Creatine being Micronized Creapure, this makes it different then PP's Creapure right?

Sounds like a good buy for me next time I get some creapure.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You got some universal Creatine? The label said it was Micronized Creapure Creatine Monohydrate...

THat sounds SMASHING, Bit of a rare combo for creatine to be Creapure and Micronized isn't it? (thats guessing that all creapure isn't micronized already)

Would anybody like to clarify on this about Universals Creatine being Micronized Creapure, this makes it different then PP's Creapure right?

Sounds like a good buy for me next time I get some creapure.
DIK but i have both universals storm and creapure

JuveCalcio

JuveCalcio

Awards
Damn thanks a lot guys. I'll probably be buying some creapure in the next week or so. I didn't think this topic would blow up so fast!

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn thanks a lot guys. I'll probably be buying some creapure in the next week or so. I didn't think this topic would blow up so fast!
Damn bro, just realized you were from EG. I grew up there and moved back last year. I am actually back in the city now, but just figured I would say whats up.

Jimbo15

Jimbo15

Awards
  • Established
Creatine Monohydrate -

Our Creatine is ultra pure German manufactured Creapure® creatine monohydrate. It is known as the purest, safest and most effective creatine in the world.

Only Creapure has been established to have a safety profile in accordance with internationally accepted guidelines and standards (FDA and EU) under GLP (Good Laboratory Practice) conditions. Because other creatine manufacturers use different manufacturing processes, and therefore have different purity profiles, only Creapure has this proven safety profile.

Typical analytical values for Creapure:

Creatine monohydrate: min. 99.95%
Creatinine: < 67 ppm (below the limit of detection)
Dicyandiamide (DCD): < 30 ppm
Dihydrotriazine (DHT): not detectable

Primordial Performance : Natural Sport Supplements : Creatine (Creapure ®)

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I just ordered a Green Bulge and a WF. Because I'm not talking out of my ass. My money, on the isht that works and is GOOD for you. Can't wait!

JuveCalcio

JuveCalcio

Awards
Damn bro, just realized you were from EG. I grew up there and moved back last year. I am actually back in the city now, but just figured I would say whats up.
Haha this is kind of off topic but where did you workout at? The pavilion by any chance? Or where did you live in EG maybe I saw ya haha.

Also guys I just bought a camaro so I don't have as much money anymore to buy xtra goodies with. What's some other cheap things I could take that would stack well with creatine?

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haha this is kind of off topic but where did you workout at? The pavilion by any chance? Or where did you live in EG maybe I saw ya haha.

Also guys I just bought a camaro so I don't have as much money anymore to buy xtra goodies with. What's some other cheap things I could take that would stack well with creatine?
I havn't worked out at the Pavilion, I belonged to Ballys, so I hit up the one near woodfield. Now that I am in the city, I use a Chicago Ballys.

As for your question on what other basics you could get, that kinda depends on what benefits you are looking for. I would say staple supplements for anyone should be Fish Oil and a Multivitamin, Creatine, BCAAs, and of course protein (Majority through real food, but shakes help).

The Creatine you have handled.

For the Fish Oil I use Orange Oximega by controlled labs. You can use a cheaper brand from your local pharmacy, but the Oximega has very low level of PCBs, which is why It is my regular fish oil supplement.

For the Multi-Vitamin, you can pretty much use any decent brand you want. If you want to spring for a multivitamin with alittle more punch, you can try Orange Triad by controlled labs. It comes with a joint complex which can be very beneficial under heavy lifting.

For the BCAAs, I use Primordial Performance's IBCAAs product. Similar to the creatine being of superior quality, the IBCAAs containt Ajinomoto's Ajipure BCAAs, highest quality and instantitized.

You will find many people have a similar set up for their staple supplements.

JuveCalcio

JuveCalcio

Awards
I havn't worked out at the Pavilion, I belonged to Ballys, so I hit up the one near woodfield. Now that I am in the city, I use a Chicago Ballys.

As for your question on what other basics you could get, that kinda depends on what benefits you are looking for. I would say staple supplements for anyone should be Fish Oil and a Multivitamin, Creatine, BCAAs, and of course protein (Majority through real food, but shakes help).

The Creatine you have handled.

For the Fish Oil I use Orange Oximega by controlled labs. You can use a cheaper brand from your local pharmacy, but the Oximega has very low level of PCBs, which is why It is my regular fish oil supplement.

For the Multi-Vitamin, you can pretty much use any decent brand you want. If you want to spring for a multivitamin with alittle more punch, you can try Orange Triad by controlled labs. It comes with a joint complex which can be very beneficial under heavy lifting.

For the BCAAs, I use Primordial Performance's IBCAAs product. Similar to the creatine being of superior quality, the IBCAAs containt Ajinomoto's Ajipure BCAAs, highest quality and instantitized.

You will find many people have a similar set up for their staple supplements.
I already do take a multi vitamin regularly. If it wouldn't be so much trouble for you would you be able to provide me with some links to the primordial creapure and the fish oils? I've been able to find the IBCAA's from primordial

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
JuveCalcio

JuveCalcio

Awards
Thanks a lot! I just ordered the IBCAA and the Creapure. Now only if I knew how to correctly take them.. :)

SuperRook

Awards
Whats the deal with NP's Creatine Mono? Any good?

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks a lot! I just ordered the IBCAA and the Creapure. Now only if I knew how to correctly take them.. :)
Good stuff.

The Creatine should be dosed at 5g a day, and I do it about 30min pre-WO. Some people like to dose 5g pre and 5g post, but 5g pre works well for me.
The load phase of Creatine is also a much talked about debate. Many say you don't need to do it, others swear by it. I do it, simply because it can't hurt. In order to do the loading phase properly, take 3 scoops daily for the first 6 days. Then goto 1 scoop (5g) daily.

The BCAAs can be dosed as you see fit. I take 2 doses inter workout, and usually toss another dose into my post workout shake. This works well for me.

BTW, whats your diet look like?

Whats the deal with NP's Creatine Mono? Any good?
It isn't bad. Its a bulk creatine mono. Most, myself included, prefer Creapure Creatine Mono, insane level of purity and quality.

Primordial has a creapure product

SuperRook

Awards
Oh yeah theres no doubt Creapure is the stuff. I was just wondering for the sake of getting all my stuff from one place next time I stock up on supplies.

I always see people use creatine as a pre workout. However I have been told from some BB's to take one dose in the morning and then one post workout.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh yeah theres no doubt Creapure is the stuff. I was just wondering for the sake of getting all my stuff from one place next time I stock up on supplies.

I always see people use creatine as a pre workout. However I have been told from some BB's to take one dose in the morning and then one post workout.
Yea dosage on Creatine is highly subjective based on different people's opinions. As long as you are getting it in, your good to go. As for the nutrapro, if you want to get it from NP, you mine as well get the bulk.

JuveCalcio

JuveCalcio

Awards
With my diet I try to base it around something like this.

Breakfast
-2 Eggs
-2 Pieces of whole wheat toast
-6 Pieces of Bacon

Homemade Protein Shake
-2 Cups of Milk
-2 Tablespoons PB
-1 Banana
-2 Egg Whites

Lunch it depends on how I'm feeling or what I'm doing

Then I'll try to toss in any kind of meat I can eat before dinner.

Around dinner time I've been grilling a lot lately. Hamburgers, Italian Sausage, and even some chicken I tried the other day.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
With my diet I try to base it around something like this.

Breakfast
-2 Eggs
-2 Pieces of whole wheat toast
-6 Pieces of Bacon

Homemade Protein Shake
-2 Cups of Milk
-2 Tablespoons PB
-1 Banana
-2 Egg Whites

Lunch it depends on how I'm feeling or what I'm doing

Then I'll try to toss in any kind of meat I can eat before dinner.

Around dinner time I've been grilling a lot lately. Hamburgers, Italian Sausage, and even some chicken I tried the other day.
Honestly, you might see better results from upping the diet a bit. For example, I consume between 5-8 eggs in the morning. Usually about 6.

For lunch, as long as you are getting that protein up and keeping decent macros, it can change up a bit.

Pre Dinner meat is good, make sure it is enough to add some calories/protein, and maybe consider some veggies on the side.

I love grilling, so your on there, again just make sure the macros of the meal are decent.

Then you should probably add a post dinner meal in as well, or maybe make twice as much for dinner and have it as two meals.

SuperRook

Awards
I see a lot of PP's products on NutraPlanet....any chance the creapure might make its way over to NP sometime soon?

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I see a lot of PP's products on NutraPlanet....any chance the creapure might make its way over to NP sometime soon?
Although I am not on that side of the business to answer it properly, I would guess not. Creapure by PP has been out for a bit and has not carried it thus far. They do have their own bulk creatine, it is just not creapure.