Creatine Discussion

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
In the past I always felt I was a non responder on less than 10g although I wasn't super aware of quality variations, I just liked easily dissolvable and preferably flavored to get me to drink more water.

I'm curious on how many of you religiously stay on creatine and how much you feel is necessary.
Plenty of people say anything over 5g is a waste, but again in my experience 5g felt like a waste because I noticed nothing. My last 2 PR's on bench and deadlift were long after my creatine supplementation had finished and I hadn't bought more.

My favorite of course is Steves, and I'd also like feedback from @sns8778 because it's the favorite for many here.
1 scoop is 1.1g. is there a consensus that the quality of the Creatine HCI in this case is justification for a lower dose, or would it make more sense for me to be throwing down 10 scoops ?

Being that there are 150 servings at 1.1g per scoop if I was going to go the 10g / day approach I'd probably want to order at least 2-4 containers of it for a 1-2 months run.

Foxx13

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
When I used it back in my Olympic lifting days I could tell a slight difference. That is a true power sport. I’ve used a few times since but do more of your traditional power building working outs now. I can’t say it’s made much of a difference for me. A little weight gain like 2-3lbs.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Small nitpick, that 1.1 gram figure is the size of the scoop. The creatine content is 750mg per scoop.

I’ll probably add something useful here later though.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Personally I take 3-5g daily and its been awhile so I don't even remember the last time I cycled off (I do occasionally). I notice slight increases in strength and time to exhaustion, increased bodyweight/bodywater, and fullness.

You definitely don't need 10 scoops of Creatine HCL that would be a giant waste. If with a form like that you don't get benefits at 1.5-3g of CHCL then you probably are just a non-responder as there is definitely a subset of individuals with potentially specific physiological make ups that don't get as much benefit and it tends to have less effect as one ages (possibly just due to decreased levels of baseline improvements as we age anyways).

Greg Nuckols wrote an excellent piece that goes beyond just creatine and helped me contextualize some of my thoughts on supplement effects and expectations quite well. Anyone more interested can read it for more in depth discussion, but I think people just have poor expectations due to years of hype and ad-campaigns (for things beyond just creatine). Creatine is very very very well studied and shows effects, but certainty of effects doesn't necessarily mean magnitude of effects. A lot of things that work quite well (like creatine) may still only seem effective for those who are tracking what they do in a well controlled eating and training environment. People overestimate the amount of gains they make anyways so not surprising they expect a ton from something like creatine, when (like in the article linked) the effect size might mean more like you gain 4lbs instead 3lbs you might have without it (so the longer you train and the slower those gains are the even slower those increases with something like creatine would come to manifest).

All this is in terms of actual muscle gains and not just the increased body water with creatine (which is not necessarily a negative) and also doesn't account for all the other potential benefits the ingredient might have. :)

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
There is a fascinating (to me) Huberman video in which he and a guest MD explain the many benefits of creatine. In that, the guest MD states that although 2.5 to 3.0 Grams per day suffices for general health, there are other possible benefits that may result from other protocols, some ranging up to 20 Gr per day. Just general info since I don't have easy access to that video/podcast.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
In the past I always felt I was a non responder on less than 10g although I wasn't super aware of quality variations, I just liked easily dissolvable and preferably flavored to get me to drink more water.

I'm curious on how many of you religiously stay on creatine and how much you feel is necessary.
Plenty of people say anything over 5g is a waste, but again in my experience 5g felt like a waste because I noticed nothing. My last 2 PR's on bench and deadlift were long after my creatine supplementation had finished and I hadn't bought more.

My favorite of course is Steves, and I'd also like feedback from @sns8778 because it's the favorite for many here.
1 scoop is 1.1g. is there a consensus that the quality of the Creatine HCI in this case is justification for a lower dose, or would it make more sense for me to be throwing down 10 scoops ?

Being that there are 150 servings at 1.1g per scoop if I was going to go the 10g / day approach I'd probably want to order at least 2-4 containers of it for a 1-2 months run.
There are a lot of people that don't respond to Creatine Monohydrate and especially at lower doses, and there are plenty of people that can't take monohydrate because it causes bloating and fluid retention in a lot of people.

You'll see people say you only need 5 grams, but that is based off of those people feeling results at 5 grams and not really being understanding that others don't. Just like you'll see some people try to argue with people and say that monohydrate doesn't cause bloating, when it most certainly absolutely does in some people.

I know for me, Creatine Monohydrate makes me miserable and as my daughter put it, I'm so bloated I look like I swallowed a Volkswagen haha.

To discuss how much creatine is necessary, that's where we have to get specific here on the type of creatine.

With Creatine Monohydrate, you aren't taking 10 grams to absorb 10 grams. You're taking 10 grams to absorb whatever your individual body absorbs, which in your case sounds like a very small percentage.

That's where Creatine HCI and Magnesium Creatine Chelate differ - because you don't need the super high gram servings.

Creatine HCI and Magnesium Creatine Chelate both can offer the benefits of Creatine Monohydrate at lower dosages and without the stomach upset and bloating that many people experience with Creatine Monohydrate.

You absolutely do NOT need to go to 10 grams a day of Creatine HCI.

The average daily dose of Creatine HCI is 1.5 to 3 grams per day. Even if you wanted to get experimental and try to mega dose it, I wouldn't go over 5 grams. It's not that I think it would hurt you, I just don't think there's any need to.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
There are a lot of people that don't respond to Creatine Monohydrate and especially at lower doses, and there are plenty of people that can't take monohydrate because it causes bloating and fluid retention in a lot of people.

You'll see people say you only need 5 grams, but that is based off of those people feeling results at 5 grams and not really being understanding that others don't. Just like you'll see some people try to argue with people and say that monohydrate doesn't cause bloating, when it most certainly absolutely does in some people.

I know for me, Creatine Monohydrate makes me miserable and as my daughter put it, I'm so bloated I look like I swallowed a Volkswagen haha.

To discuss how much creatine is necessary, that's where we have to get specific here on the type of creatine.

With Creatine Monohydrate, you aren't taking 10 grams to absorb 10 grams. You're taking 10 grams to absorb whatever your individual body absorbs, which in your case sounds like a very small percentage.

That's where Creatine HCI and Magnesium Creatine Chelate differ - because you don't need the super high gram servings.

Creatine HCI and Magnesium Creatine Chelate both can offer the benefits of Creatine Monohydrate at lower dosages and without the stomach upset and bloating that many people experience with Creatine Monohydrate.

You absolutely do NOT need to go to 10 grams a day of Creatine HCI.

The average daily dose of Creatine HCI is 1.5 to 3 grams per day. Even if you wanted to get experimental and try to mega dose it, I wouldn't go over 5 grams. It's not that I think it would hurt you, I just don't think there's any need to.
I'm one of those the gets massive fluid retention from creatine, all forms.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I've never known of anyone that gets fluid retention from Creatine HCI or Magnesium Creatine Chelate, not if they're the legit forms from legitimate brands. I do know that there are companies that claim to use them though and aren't really doing so.

I hold fluid bigtime with Creatine Monohydrate but not with Creatine HCI or Magnesium Creatine Chelate.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
A lot of good stuff was already said here, but I do want to add that you need to keep in mind that this is a saturation based supplement. The changes you see both starting and coming off are going to be incremental. From what I remember, it takes about a month for creatine stores to build or deplete, unless you load it of course. So yeah, if you aren’t tracking, it can be extremely difficult to notice the differences.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
@Hyde i'd be interested in your thoughts.

I hated bringing up a creatine discussion because of all the things in this industry, I feel like it's the dead horse that's beat the most but I do regularly go back to things I "know" and question them periodically for a better understanding.

Looking at my own lifting and supplementation this year I set PRs pretty consistently all year long with Dermacrine in the early part of the year, UltraHard and EpiAndroLean in the spring, and then my summer run was pretty much just anabolic XT, anabolic effect, and phosphatidic acid XT. I think I was out of Creatine around late june early July and didn't buy more but did finally hit my lifetime bench PR there at the end of August with the massive SNS stack.

so as I re-enter my next foray into size and strength I'm trying to grasp the things that worked, didn't work, etc and what I should be bringing back as staple.

not surprised at all. this comes up a lot with Creatine. it's not an issue I have experienced but admittedly in the past I would drop creatine 2 weeks before a beach vacation for that reason, although I don't think it truly ever caused these issues in me. I do feel like in the last 10 years only when I superloaded 10-20g did I notice a matching increase in strength and endurance in my training.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
A lot of good stuff was already said here, but I do want to add that you need to keep in mind that this is a saturation based supplement. The changes you see both starting and coming off are going to be incremental. From what I remember, it takes about a month for creatine stores to build or deplete, unless you load it of course. So yeah, if you aren’t tracking, it can be extremely difficult to notice the differences.
Historically I would run 10g twice per day for a week+
then 10g every day until I run out. after around the 2 week mark I would notice numbers increasing. deloads being less necessary. However I historically was chronically in a caloric deficit whereas the past 13 months I have mostly been in surpluses so I'm trying to gauge the value of creatine in my current regiment and volume needed. again I do feel like I'm beating a dead horse bringing creatine up among this group of lifters but... I think more than anything I'm looking for validation that I should take it and that I should accept I need double the average person.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
then 10g every day until I run out. after around the 2 week mark I would notice numbers increasing. deloads being less necessary. However I historically was chronically in a caloric deficit whereas the past 13 months I have mostly been in surpluses so I'm trying to gauge the value of creatine in my current regiment and volume needed. again I do feel like I'm beating a dead horse bringing creatine up among this group of lifters but... I think more than anything I'm looking for validation that I should take it and that I should accept I need double the average person.
Oh heck, yeah I meant to get to that and forgot to. I meant to keep going and say that maybe the reason you only notice the difference with the higher amounts was the timing. That’s part of why I was talking about saturation, you may not have given lower doses enough time, or the gains were too slow for you to notice.

That said, if there aren’t any major gut issues, you should eventually saturate with only 5 grams. You may just not have been absorbing all that well if you were needing such large doses. It’s probably worth trying out HCl and seeing if you have better luck.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Oh heck, yeah I meant to get to that and forgot to. I meant to keep going and say that maybe the reason you only notice the difference with the higher amounts was the timing. That’s part of why I was talking about saturation, you may not have given lower doses enough time, or the gains were too slow for you to notice.

That said, if there aren’t any major gut issues, you should eventually saturate with only 5 grams. You may just not have been absorbing all that well if you were needing such large doses. It’s probably worth trying out HCl and seeing if you have better luck.
I might just go ahead and stock up as a "just in case" it does something but also because the SNS stuff tastes great and it doesn't hurt to pound an extra shaker of water in the morning with some creatine. tomorrows pay day, maybe I'll order two tubs and double my dose lol

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I think the most important point for your case specifically is that just because you needed to mega dose creatine monohydrate doesn't mean that you need to mega dose Creatine HCI. That's actually part of the purpose of Creatine HCI - so you absorb more so you have to take less.

The way I'm reading things is like you're thinking of it on a gram to gram basis and that's not the case at all.

3 grams of Creatine HCI is probably the equivalent absorption of you running 10 grams or so a day of monohydrate.

For perspective - I use 3 grams per day of Creatine HCI and some would view my dose as being high.

Creatine isn't meant to be something that's going to produce dramatic results like Anabolic XT, Anabolic Effect, or Phosphatidic Acid XT but it is a staple ingredient that is a great foundational ingredient for consistent results.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'm gonna preface by saying I'm very aware many ppl like various forms of creatine and they all should work just fine.

I've only found creatine monohydrate to work for me, I never really noticed anything from the other versions, at least not anything different switching from monohydrate to other kinds.

5gm a day should be plenty, but I take 10-20.

If I spent any time off I load old-school 20gm a day for 4-5 days and then take 10gm as part of my intra drink

cruze1911r1

cruze1911r1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I would say the thing I notice most is a cell volumizing effect from monohydrate. When I switched to Hcl that volumizing effect went away. I take 10g of monohydrate per day. Between training and a physically active job I prefer the higher dose. Honestly I prefer monohydrate because it's cheap. I take a shitload of supplements and like to save where I can. I would consider creatine a staple. It's something I try to make sure I don't run out of. I can tell the difference when I'm not on it. I also take 15g of glutamine daily. I used to take 20-30 but it started getting expensive to keep that up.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I use creatine about 9-10 months a year and take a short break in summer. When I start taking it again, I do a 'slow load' of 10 g for 10 days and then switch to about 30 g a week and put all of it in my postWO whey shakes.

I don't get too bad sides from monohydrate. Sometimes people around me do though. In a form of gas I let out.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
3 grams of Creatine HCI is probably the equivalent absorption of you running 10 grams or so a day of monohydrate.
Agreed here. 3g HCL is more than enough from what I've seen.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
There is a fascinating (to me) Huberman video in which he and a guest MD explain the many benefits of creatine. In that, the guest MD states that although 2.5 to 3.0 Grams per day suffices for general health, there are other possible benefits that may result from other protocols, some ranging up to 20 Gr per day. Just general info since I don't have easy access to that video/podcast.
Could it be in some of these podcast episodes?

Anyhow, there's one website where you can listen Huberman's podcasts, in case you aren't familiar with the website and are interested.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ya there are some pretty cool potential benefits outside of what typical gym users would use it for.

Potentially helping with bone health as we age (at a potentially higher dose of .1g/kg).

I've personally found the brain benefits of creatine to be interesting as well. A little more mixed in the research, but seemingly helpful in more stressful situations like with aging or trauma. Seen some decent benefit recommending Creatine as part of a post concussion treatment regiment.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I use creatine HCL since I no longer tolerate monohydrate well, gut-wise.

Normally I use 3g/day, but these final weeks before competition this Sunday I’ve been taking 4.5g (3x750mg caps twice/day). Logic being I can afford to do so, I have more muscle mass than most lifters so probably more storage, and my sport success directly depends on maximal power output.

I’ve suffered no sides beyond the increased cost, so if I gain any benefit at all it will be worthwhile to me. There will be no way of knowing if the increased dose was helpful or not.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm gonna preface by saying I'm very aware many ppl like various forms of creatine and they all should work just fine.

I've only found creatine monohydrate to work for me, I never really noticed anything from the other versions, at least not anything different switching from monohydrate to other kinds.

If I spent any time off I load old-school 20gm a day for 4-5 days and then take 10gm as part of my intra drink
I remember back in the day when I would load creatine at 20 - 30g per day and I felt like absolute dog sh!t. You tolerate it much better than me. I couldn't have any creatine intra workout, never mind 10 grams.

If I were to give my personal opinion, I like creatine HCl because it causes no stomach issues and works just as good as regular creatine for me. I also used to really like di-creatine malate, although for some reason you can barely find it anywhere anymore.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I meant to mention that I had stopped using creatine due to my gut. It wasn’t so many months later the new SNS creatine HCL came out, and in the weeks after adding that in at 3g I saw undeniable strength upticks while I was in a cruise phase. So I did see the needle move some when I implemented it again.

EpiStrong

EpiStrong

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I also used to really like di-creatine malate, although for some reason you can barely find it anywhere anymore.
This is what was is in Gaspari size on. It's been a long time but I still think it gave me less bloat vs mono. I currently run 5g mono a day mostly all year

panico.pt

Awards

[/CITAR]

Completely agree, the same thing happens to me, with the difference that I vary the types of creatine.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Could it be in some of these podcast episodes?

Anyhow, there's one website where you can listen Huberman's podcasts, in case you aren't familiar with the website and are interested.
Love listening to Huberman. His podcasts are full of good info. He could talk for days on some topics!

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I use creatine about 9-10 months a year and take a short break in summer. When I start taking it again, I do a 'slow load' of 10 g for 10 days and then switch to about 30 g a week and put all of it in my postWO whey shakes.

I don't get too bad sides from monohydrate. Sometimes people around me do though. In a form of gas I let out.
Those I live with do not like when I “creatine crop dust” the room also. 🤣

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Those I live with do not like when I “creatine crop dust” the room also. 🤣
Its not hard to imagine that you don't receive favorable comments w/r/t creatine flatulence.

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Its not hard to imagine that you don't receive favorable comments w/r/t creatine flatulence.
I only get that w mono when I use to do a loading phase.

LucasBagoDoce

Awards
I've never known of anyone that gets fluid retention from Creatine HCI or Magnesium Creatine Chelate, not if they're the legit forms from legitimate brands. I do know that there are companies that claim to use them though and aren't really doing so.

I hold fluid bigtime with Creatine Monohydrate but not with Creatine HCI or Magnesium Creatine Chelate.
I get bloated with mono too… REALLY bloated. HCl doesn’t bloat me at all
would switching to HCl solve the problem without letting the body get rid of the “saturation” first? I mean, should I not take creatine at all for a few days before starting HCl again to get rid of some bloating?

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
This is what was is in Gaspari size on. It's been a long time but I still think it gave me less bloat vs mono. I currently run 5g mono a day mostly all year
Is it in the current version? I couldn't find dicreatine malate anywhere except sold by BB brand when I was looking for it a few months back.

EpiStrong

EpiStrong

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Is it in the current version? I couldn't find dicreatine malate anywhere except sold by BB brand when I was looking for it a few months back.
No it was in the original years ago

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
would switching to HCl solve the problem without letting the body get rid of the “saturation” first? I mean, should I not take creatine at all for a few days before starting HCl again to get rid of some bloating?
I would just switch and not go w/out. The bloat will leave once the mono is out of your system. I do t think the HCI will prolong the bloat

EpiStrong

EpiStrong

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I don't know why nobody makes it anymore. I thought it was one of the best forms of creatine.
I was starting in bodybuilding and I loved the stuff but I was before genetic limit and growing great... I'd like to try it again too

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I think that the bloating would go away as the monohydrate gets out of your system.

I wouldn't take a break from it, I would just switch up to HCI.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I’ve suffered no sides beyond the increased cost, so if I gain any benefit at all it will be worthwhile to me. There will be no way of knowing if the increased dose was helpful or not.
Now that I think of it, there was always one side effect I experienced from pro-longed (many months) of mono use. I never had gut issues with it (although some arginine does cause gut issues for me). What I have seen a number of times over the year is a tightness in my appendix area that can feel like I'm laying on a small pebble at night if I sleep on my stomach. I had an MRI like 10 or 12 years ago that said I had "chronic appendicitis". not a bad enough issue to get surgery and remove it, but obvious scar tissue there. I am of course assuming that the two things are related because the 3 or so times I have felt that over the years, cutting back on creatine and increasing hydration seemed to cure it immediately and the only times I've experienced were from months of overdosing creatine and possibly being light on hydration.

that's pretty interesting, sounds like have had a similar approach

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Now that I think of it, there was always one side effect I experienced from pro-longed (many months) of mono use. I never had gut issues with it (although some arginine does cause gut issues for me). What I have seen a number of times over the year is a tightness in my appendix area that can feel like I'm laying on a small pebble at night if I sleep on my stomach. I had an MRI like 10 or 12 years ago that said I had "chronic appendicitis". not a bad enough issue to get surgery and remove it, but obvious scar tissue there. I am of course assuming that the two things are related because the 3 or so times I have felt that over the years, cutting back on creatine and increasing hydration seemed to cure it immediately and the only times I've experienced were from months of overdosing creatine and possibly being light on hydration.

that's pretty interesting, sounds like have had a similar approach
I've read most of the creatine studies and I don't believe there is any possibility of creatine in any form causing appendicitis. If there is it's the first I heard of it. But seeing how creatine is the most studied natty sup I doubt it. Definitely Intrested if someone has any credible studies after 2010 that has information saying creatine has health risks.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I've read most of the creatine studies and I don't believe there is any possibility of creatine in any form causing appendicitis. If there is it's the first I heard of it. But seeing how creatine is the most studied natty sup I doubt it. Definitely Intrested if someone has any credible studies after 2010 that has information saying creatine has health risks.
I think that you are correct. I've never seen anything that would indicate that monohydrate would cause that.

I think in his case, at most, the bloating from it may have made it more obvious or pronounced, but wouldn't have caused it.

I can't use monohydrate myself because of the bloating and stomach upset from it, but its a very well researched and safe ingredient. I just prefer Creatine HCI or Magnesium Creatine Chelate because they don't bother my stomach or make me feel like I swallowed a small vehicle haha.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I think that you are correct. I've never seen anything that would indicate that monohydrate would cause that.

I think in his case, at most, the bloating from it may have made it more obvious or pronounced, but wouldn't have caused it.

I can't use monohydrate myself because of the bloating and stomach upset from it, but its a very well researched and safe ingredient. I just prefer Creatine HCI or Magnesium Creatine Chelate because they don't bother my stomach or make me feel like I swallowed a small vehicle haha.
Lol

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

I've never had any bloating from creatine, for whatever reason I have a steel gut. I can eat any form of protein without issues, 2 week old pizza, and chunky milk. I did once have an expired piece of ham that I ended up painting all over the wall behind the toilet though.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I've never had any bloating from creatine, for whatever reason I have a steel gut. I can eat any form of protein without issues, 2 week old pizza, and chunky milk. I did once have an expired piece of ham that I ended up painting all over the wall behind the toilet though.
When I was talking about it in terms of my reply to Smont about if it had anything to do with that issue, that it would be from the bloating, I meant even on a small level. Have to remember that things like internal organ issues we're talking millimeters. I was just saying that monohydrate itself wouldn't have caused that issue and that if it was related to it at all, it was likely because of even a slight fluid retention increase.