Creatine Pyruvate on NP????

LOVERIUS

Awards
Why is it impossible to find Creatine Pyruvate?
I tryed it from a Swedish Webshop, and its the best creatine i've ever tryed. Its supposed to be absorbed 28% more effectivly in musclecells, than regular creatine mono,

Why aren't NP selling it on bulk????

Heres a study:

effects of creatine pyruvate and creatine citrate on performance during high intensity exercise

ABSTRACT: BACKGROUND: A double-blind, placebo-controlled, randomized study was performed to evaluate the effect of oral creatine pyruvate (Cr-Pyr) and creatine citrate (Cr-Cit) supplementation on exercise performance in healthy young athletes. METHODS: Performance during intermittent handgrip exercise of maximal intensity was evaluated before (pretest) and after (posttest) 28 days of Cr-Pyr (5 g/d, n = 16), Cr-Cit (5 g/d, n = 16) or placebo (pla, 5 g/d, n = 17) intake. Subjects performed ten 15-sec exercise intervals, each followed by 45 sec rest periods. RESULTS: Cr-Pyr (p<0.001) and Cr-Cit (p<0.01) significantly increased mean power over all intervals. Cr-Cit increased force during the first and second interval (p<0.01) compared to placebo. The effect of Cr-Cit on force decreased over time and the improvement was not significant at the sixth and ninth interval, whereas Cr-Pyr significantly increased force during all intervals (p<0.001). Cr-Pyr (p<0.001) and Cr-Cit (p<0.01) resulted in an increase in contraction velocity, whereas only Cr-Pyr intake significantly (p<0.01) increased relaxation velocity. Oxygen consumption measured during rest periods significantly increased with Cr-Pyr (p<0.05), whereas Cr-Cit and placebo intake did not result in significant improvements. CONCLUSION: It is concluded that four weeks of Cr-Pyr and Cr-Cit intake significantly improves performance during intermittent handgrip exercise of maximal intensity and that Cr-Pyr might benefit endurance, due to enhanced activity of the aerobic metabolism.PMID: 18269769 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]

There are more studies:

Comparison of new forms of creatine in raising plasma creatine levels
Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition | Full text | Comparison of new forms of creatine in raising plasma creatine levels

Last edited:

LOVERIUS

Awards
Come on guys. Why ain't there a reseller of Creatin Pyruvate?
Its more effective then other creatines?!!!

You wanna make money, make creatine pyruvate for us!!!
Combined with B-alanine and Sodium it kicks ass!!!!

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its more effective then other creatines?!!!
I agree creatine pyruvate (creatine monohydrate bonded to about 40% pyruvic acid) would be a significantly superior ergogenic than either creatine or pyruvate alone, but I would not go as far as saying it is more effective than other forms of creatine. Pyruvate itself is an expensive compound (same as the alpha ketoglutarate in creatine alpha ketoglutarate, for instance), a reason that most creatine products with pyruvic acid are underdosed or creatine pyruvate is used as part of a mix of advanced creatines to build on synergy. You can also source your pyruvate separately and flexibly stack it with your creatine product. At least before interested manufacturers see your post.:D. You would enjoy the benefits of pyruvate as a metabolic activator deeply anchored in the Krebs Cycle. Also improves performance and endurance, supports thermogenesis, and promotes insulin sensitivity. I agree we should see more pyruvate in creatine, fat-loss, and endurance products.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
I agree creatine pyruvate (creatine monohydrate bonded to about 40% pyruvic acid) would be a significantly superior ergogenic than either creatine or pyruvate alone, but I would not go as far as saying it is more effective than other forms of creatine. Pyruvate itself is an expensive compound (same as the alpha ketoglutarate in creatine alpha ketoglutarate, for instance), a reason that most creatine products with pyruvic acid are underdosed or creatine pyruvate is used as part of a mix of advanced creatines to build on synergy. You can also source your pyruvate separately and flexibly stack it with your creatine product. At least before interested manufacturers see your post.:D. You would enjoy the benefits of pyruvate as a metabolic activator deeply anchored in the Krebs Cycle. Also improves performance and endurance, supports thermogenesis, and promotes insulin sensitivity. I agree we should see more pyruvate in creatine, fat-loss, and endurance products.
And you've been hiding this little secret why?? :) Just playin' Strat. Is there a certain creatine that this (pyruvate) has been proven to have better synergy with, over the others?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
it's actually been around for a while. I believe they tried to market this as a weightloss product.

The non-boardsponsor I am thinking of markets it for weightloss.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
And you've been hiding this little secret why?? :) Just playin' Strat. Is there a certain creatine that this (pyruvate) has been proven to have better synergy with, over the others?
Due to pyruvate's intricate involvement in the Krebs Cycle, creatine pyruvate should demonstrate significant synergy for creatine bonded to some other Krebs-Cycle intermediates, especially malate and alpha ketoglutarate. Gluconate should be another nice form.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Could plain creatine monohydrate be combined with pyruvate powder ? This is interesting, I'd like to see if it could be available :)

LOVERIUS

Awards
it's actually been around for a while. I believe they tried to market this as a weightloss product.

The non-boardsponsor I am thinking of markets it for weightloss.

You are talking about calcium Pyruvate, Creatine Pyruvate is little different.

Could plain creatine monohydrate be combined with pyruvate powder ? This is interesting, I'd like to see if it could be available :)

BTW IronWarrior: You cant just add calcium pyruvate with creatine mono, its not the same thing.
Maybe you can do that with Magnesium Chelate + creatine to get MagnaPower (cheap stuff) or mono+sodiumbicarbonate (cheap) to get krealkalyn effect, but with krebs cycle (malate, citrate, pyruvate) its different, you actually have to bond the molecules together.
You cant mix l-carnitine with vinegar to get ALCAR. You actually need to bond some molecules. hehe

Creatine Pyruvate is the sh*t, here is why: read the study.
Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition | Full text | Comparison of new forms of creatine in raising plasma creatine levels

PDF: http://www.jissn.com/content/pdf/1550-2783-5-4.pdf

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
While I'm just a tad bit confused, my interest has definitely been piqued. This does sound like something NP should be carrying though. Has anyone offered it up in the product request thread yet?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
More precisely, creatine monohydrate powder and pyruvic acid. The two must be bonded in a special ratio, though. Essentially, creatine pyruvate is about 68% creatine monohydrate and about 40% pyruvic acid. Yes, the two add up to more than 100%! About 68% of creatine monohydrate is required because of the conversion of creatine monohydrate into anhydrous creatine in creatine pyruvate, I believe. Pyruvate is a "salt" form of pyruvic acid.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established