Creatine face bloat...

gynopuff

Awards
Any way to stop the face bloat from creatine? Or the bloat in general?

ericool007

ericool007

Awards
  • Established
how much are you taking?
2-3 grams on workout days only is enough for me never noticed any bloat from it and trust me i notice the slightest changes.

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Use a different form. Creatine malate doesn't bloat you. You can also take a mild diuretic with it like caffeine or an OTC. Finally, try taking less of it. The bloat is due to loading. Try taking it spread out during the day.

ericool007

ericool007

Awards
  • Established
I use it pre. Try taking less, drink more water maybe a mild diuretic like dandelion root. Or another creatine like mcc creatine malate or creatine nitrate

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Really shouldn't be any face bloat with creatine. Drop your mono dose down to 3g on workout days (if 4-5 workouts a week). If that doesn't do anything after a week i'd look in to hcl.

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Don't drop the dose or you won't get the benefits. Split it up

pintowin

pintowin

Awards
I agree with everyone here. Ensure you're drinking enough water, if you're using a monohydrate then try switching (I've always had good results from HCL), and split the dose up. Sounds like you aren't drinking as much water as you may think you are, I've had that same issue before.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
Have you tried using different forms of creatine, and if so do you experience the same thing?
Water weight from creatine should be intracellular and you should not be able to notice it. Did anything else if your diet change?