Controlled Labs BLUE GENE vs. CTDeuce! **sponsored**

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
8/30/08 - Day 2

Well today was a good and bad day. The good was that my workout was awesome and I felt great all day. Another good is that I haven't gone back to work yet from my vacation which is always a nice thing!
The bad was that it was a going away party for 2 of my best friends since Junior High as they are poised to take their 2nd tour to Iraq. This of course meant a cheat on the nutrition as well as a few drops of the alcoholic bliss. I did as well as I could to keep it contained...but rest assured, you won't see anymore "cheating" anytime soon. Next possible time will be the 12th when I go to a Yankees game.

Day was laid out as follows :

PHYSICALITY:
Pushup x50
Situp w/4kg med ball x50
Rx1 20 seconds *each leg* x2
Rx2 20 seconds *each leg* x2
Rx3 20 seconds *each leg* x2
DB Bench Press - 10x3
DB Floor Press - 12x3
DB Triceps Kickback - 10x3
DB Shrugs - 10x3

THEN....

Hit the streets on the new Bike - 15 mins

NUTRITION:
9:00am : 1 scoop Purple Wraath w/ 20oz. water *sipped on until about 10:30am*
9:30am : *Morning Shake* - 1 scoop Nytrowhey Ultra, handful Organic Goji Berries, 1 tbsp organic almond butter, 1/2 cup uncooked oats, handful flax seed, ice, skim milk.
2 Mst Mvp365, 3 Mst Cordygen5
10:00am : 5 Blue Gene
11:00am : 1 scoop Purple Wraath w/ 20oz. water *peri workout*
12:00pm : 2 scoops AlltheWhey Blend (Chocolate Mint) in 16oz. water
2 Mst Mvp365
2:40pm : 1 piece organic Alaskan Pollock, 1 bowl of salad (organic romaine, organic tomato, pearl onion) with 1tbsp of Annie's Naturals Green Goddess dressing
4:00pm : 1 Morningstar Chik'n Patty with organic ketchup
7:30pm : *oh boy* - 2 deviled eggs, 6 baked Chicken Wings with Frank's red hot, very small serving of baked Mac N' Cheese, 2 slices of watermelon, 2 handfuls of grapes, small slice of cake, 2 Abita Microbrew "Purple Haze" - Raspberry Wheat beer brewed with natural spring water
10:45pm - 1 scoop Purple Wraath w/ 20oz. water
Around Midnight or so : 4 Mst Zmk w/ 20oz. water

Other than the *cheat*, a great day. My workout felt awesome. This could be partially because I haven't "worked out" in a week with the tournament and all....and it can partially be our friend Blue Gene coming to give me a present ;). Guess we'll just have to wait and see!

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Awesome pictures bro.:thumbsup:
Thanks! I think I will post a quick one from a few years ago so some of the people following along will see where I have come from.

A buddy of mine says my old pics look like a dude that ate the guy in my new pics, hahaha

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
This first one is from sometime between September and November of last year.

This next one is about 2 1/2 years ago.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You've lost A LOT of weight. Congrats on that! I personally know how good it feels.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
You've lost A LOT of weight. Congrats on that! I personally know how good it feels.
I'm happy you can understand how great of an accomplishment it is. A lot of people don't really look at fat loss as a huge goal accomplished compared to building muscle...but I think it's comparable...especially considering bodytype. I am easily 100% endo so my struggle to lose has been similar to an ecto's struggle to gain.

Long way to go yet brother :)

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm happy you can understand how great of an accomplishment it is. A lot of people don't really look at fat loss as a huge goal accomplished compared to building muscle...but I think it's comparable...especially considering bodytype. I am easily 100% endo so my struggle to lose has been similar to an ecto's struggle to gain.

Long way to go yet brother :)
I hold fat-loss in higher regard than building size for a couple reasons. Building muscle takes training and food. We all know how easy it is to eat and lift weights. Fat loss takes a lot more dedication in the gym and out. Secondly, if you are thin, you can be a good looking dude regardless. You don't have to be buff. But it's hard to feel good about yourself, and get the glances from the ladies, when you are horribly overweight.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I hold fat-loss in higher regard than building size for a couple reasons. Building muscle takes training and food. We all know how easy it is to eat and lift weights. Fat loss takes a lot more dedication in the gym and out. Secondly, if you are thin, you can be a good looking dude regardless. You don't have to be buff. But it's hard to feel good about yourself, and get the glances from the ladies, when you are horribly overweight.
aye...very good points. I have given up making this arguement with people that were born with easily manageable bodies, haha....so I just go with *no matter what your goals, if you work hard, they were hard to attain*

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Lookion' good Deuce. I'm excited about the Cre 02!

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Lookion' good Deuce. I'm excited about the Cre 02!
Thanks bro...yeah i'm real amped on it too. I just posted a thread for testers so we'll see the response we get. I know sponsored athletes should be able to purchase now from Matt. I'd hit him with an email to check!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
hit the courts hard, 2-3 hours of decent doubles is better than 1 hour of intense singles for weight loss. bring a gallon of water with 3 scoops pw and have at it. 3 hours on the courts on a hot day is a good workout, even for michael phelps.:lol::thumbsup:

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
hit the courts hard, 2-3 hours of decent doubles is better than 1 hour of intense singles for weight loss. bring a gallon of water with 3 scoops pw and have at it. 3 hours on the courts on a hot day is a good workout, even for michael phelps.:lol::thumbsup:
Its totally true. I've been playin hard singles and doubles for months now and that coupled with my KB training has really begun to pay off. Sadly, with the winter approaching as it always does....my time outdoors playing will be limited soon. No matter though....I am focusing a lot of this coming winter to adding more strength and continuing to drop fat/transform it into muscle. The battle is far from through :)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Its totally true. I've been playin hard singles and doubles for months now and that coupled with my KB training has really begun to pay off. Sadly, with the winter approaching as it always does....my time outdoors playing will be limited soon. No matter though....I am focusing a lot of this coming winter to adding more strength and continuing to drop fat/transform it into muscle. The battle is far from through :)
indoor doubles in the winter is very economical at a 4-way split. once a week is enough to keep the game sharp and cardio up. hehe, im almost ready to give some light volleying a go.:thumbsup:

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
indoor doubles in the winter is very economical at a 4-way split. once a week is enough to keep the game sharp and cardio up. hehe, im almost ready to give some light volleying a go.:thumbsup:
Around here as of right now, the only place to play indoors at all is at a gym that only has 2 courts, and you can't just play tennis there. You have to pay the outrageous membership fee to the gym and then on top of that, pay your fees to use the courts. Its almost a better option to just not play for the winter.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
8/31/08 - Day 3

Had a really good day today. I don't want to say what it was that brought me the good feelings during my workout just yet as it is only day 3...but a good workout nonetheless. It may have to do a little with the fact that I had a solid full breakfast other than just a shake, or maybe because I got a ton of sleep, or maybe my new pal Gene....Blue Gene, was helping out. A solid day though. Only slight downfall was mid-day I went WAYY too long without eating and my dinner ended up being quite large. Here is a picture of today's cardio friend. This buddy and I have just met within the last few weeks...but we are tight.

That's two 15 foot ladders side by side. They also connect to make one 30 foot ladder. We had some fun today. Sadly after my workout I didn't have much left in the tank for them today.

PHYSICALITY:

Today was KETTLEBELLS

Pushup x50
Situp w/25lb plate x50 *heavier than I normally go*
Rx1 30 seconds *each leg*
Rx2 30 seconds *each leg*
Rx3 30 seconds *each leg*
KB Swing - 3x15
Double KB Power Clean - 3x8
Double KB Power Snatch - 3x8
Double KB Front Squat - 3x8
Double KB Farmer's Walk - 20 yards x 5

THEN....

40 yard ladder sprints - 3 sets
40 yard ladder sprints (both feet in one rung) - 3 sets

THEN....

About an hour and a half later, about 25 minutes of swimming.

NUTRITION:
11:00am : 3 eggs scrambled with onions, peppers, low fat american. organic ketchup. 2 slices Ezekial 4:9 toast. 2 Mst Mvp365
11:15am : 1 scoop Purple Wraath w/20oz. water *sipped on until about 12:15pm*
11:45am : 5 Blue Gene
12:35pm : 1 scoop Purple Wraath w/ 20oz. water *peri workout*
2:00pm : 1 bowl of organic Lentils with Bay Leaf and onions. 2 scoops AlltheWhey Blend (Chocolate Mint) in 16oz. water.
2 Mst Mvp365, 3 Mst Cordygen5
6:00pm : 10oz. 93% lean ground beef, 2 slices low fat provelone cheese, whole wheat macaroni salad with celery and onions, 1 bowl of salad (organic romaine, organic tomato, pearl onions) with Annie's naturals green goddess dressing. 1 bow of seedless red grapes, 3 slices of watermelon. 2 cups green tea. <---wowzah's that's a lot of food!!
11:30pm : 1 scoop Purple Wraath with 20oz. water
1:00am : 4 Mst Zmk with water

A large supper indeed...but I worked hard for it today :). The only reason my gap in eating was so long was that I was busy swimming haha. I think I was still under for caloric intake today and I feel great. Haven't felt this good in a really long time. Part of that is probably due in part to being on vacation this past week...but I feel great nonetheless, haha. Back to work tomorrow night at 11pm, so my next update won't be til the following morning. It will be a long one.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
In a little late but Im in! Interesting log - lookn forward to this one!

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
haha man people sure do hate that guy.
Nah, I wouldn't say hate - but Im a big believer in the wheel of karma.

Just catching up on the all the posts I missed - looks like a solid start there Deuce!:thumbsup:

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
In a little late but Im in! Interesting log - lookn forward to this one!
Pumped on your arrival good sir! Thanks for dropping by :)

yeah..all I run is interesting logs, haha. I'm a weirdo :FUfinger: <-- that's the punk rock in me!

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Nah, I wouldn't say hate - but Im a big believer in the wheel of karma.

Just catching up on the all the posts I missed - looks like a solid start there Deuce!:thumbsup:
Well thanks for subbing in....i'm glad to have you along :)

Yeah feels like a good start for sure. My training routine's are slightly unusual...but fun :)

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
well it all looks like a lot of fun. Given me some neat ideas here :type:

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
werd up

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to CTDeuce again.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Great job on losing like you did that is alot of hard work bro keep it up.:thumbsup:

Thank you so much :)

I'm just happy that I did, and that i've gotten such great moral support from people on *certain* forums. The people at some places like DA and BB are just jerks for the most part. I choose to stay at places where at least half of the people are good people :)

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is the only forum I go on now other than 2+2 Poker Forum.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sorry i'm late CT, but i'm subbed buddy. :)

Awesome job on the transformation btw man.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I am excited to see how Blue Gene works for you, and I give you major props for what you have accomplished thus far with your body! Also, **** BB.com, everyone thinks they are are Jay Cutler when they are behind a keyboard.

Thanks buddy. I totally agree though at over there at bb. Everyone is incredibly buff with 4%bf and they are also tough as nails, haha. I am not a violent person by any means...but those are the types of guys i'd love to meet in an alley :trout:

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Sorry i'm late CT, but i'm subbed buddy. :)

Awesome job on the transformation btw man.

No worries brotha...i'm just happy you're in :)

Thanks so much. Like i've said...i'm nowhere near complete...but i'm happy to have had some success already. I have a long way to go and a lot of muscle to add. Not looking to be the next Mr. O or anything....but I have an idea of where I want to be ;)

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
This is the only forum I go on now other than 2+2 Poker Forum.
I am a representative for MST at one other bodybuilding forum...otherwise, that's it for me. Those 2...some myspace for my kettlebell training career...and the occasional tennis forum to see what's up, haha

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I will be making today's (yesterday's kinda) update when I wake up. I've now been awake 23 hours and I have to be back up in 6 hours to go back to work by 4pm (it's noww 8am and I just got home from work).

Oh how I love my job. Don't worry...I am VERY close to leaving it, haha.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Go to bed!

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
9/1/08 - Day 4

Wow...what a long a$$ day. I woke up around 10:00am and was given the time to get back to bed around 8:00am or so (which technically means I was up 22 hours instead of 23). That is a typical day in my week though for anyone following their first log of mine. My job screws me into at least one night a week of having to work an overnight after a normal shift or a day off, and before a normal shift. I am effed for sleep that once a week....and without zmk+somnidren, there's no way i'd recover for the rest of the week!

A little blue gene update : Last night my sleep was too short to notice much, but the night before that, I was having very sensual dreams. If it was only one then I wouldn't comment...but it was at least 6 different ones. My girlfriend and I were all over the country basically, haha. I don't know if that's a test boost, a libido boost, or maybe i'm just a horny little goat....but it was a change nonetheless.

I didn't do much on the physical end as I knew that I was heading into my doom at work...I tried to keep it light but steady.

PHYSICALITY:
Pushup x50
Situp x50
Plank x20 seconds x2
R side plank x20 seconds x2
L side plank x20 seconds x2
R side horse pose x20 seconds x2
L side horse pose x20 seconds x2
Superman x20 seconds x2

THEN....

Shoulder Capsule work with medium resistance bands - 18 sets of mixed movements.

NUTRITION:
11:00am : *wake and shake* - 1 scoop AlltheWhey Isolate, handful Organic Goji Berries, 1 small banana, 1 tbsp organic almond butter, 1/2 cup uncooked oats, handful flax seed, ice, skim milk.
2 Mst Mvp365
12:30pm : 3 Mst Cordygen5, 1 scoop Purple Wraath w/ 20oz. water
2:30pm : 1 bowl of salad with annie's natural green goddess dressing, 2 morningstar chik'n patties w/ organic ketchup.
4:30pm : 2 slices of watermelon
7:00pm : Meatloaf made from 93%lean ground beef, egg, pearl onions sauteed in olive oil, and parmesan cheese. fresh asparagus, a whole wheat (no hfcs) english muffin with some smart balance butter.
2 mvp365, 3 glucomannan(started to sense hunger even after all that food)
9:45pm : 2 scoops AlltheWhey blend w/16oz. water. 6oz. 93% lean ground beef
11:00pm : 5 Blue Gene
12:30am - 12oz coffee with half+half and 2 splenda
1:15am : 1 scoop AlltheWhey blend with 8oz. water
5:15am : 2 eggs scrambled, 2 pieces whole grain toast with lite cream cheese
7:00am : 1 scoop Purple Wraath w/ 20oz water
8:00am : 1 scoop Mst Somnidren GH

Starting to have some Gene's kickin in with a lot of aspects. I'm sad I didn't get to train harder yesterday to try and throw it more into effect.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
damn that seems tough man! Looks like you gotta a hold on it tho. Keep up the good work man. I applaud you still exercising today despite your crappy sleep!

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Definitely, kudos for giving it a shot while dead tired. The BG definitely increases libido :) so you weren't imagining that aspect lol.
:)

You could actually dose the Blue Gene a little earlier than immediately pre workout, and see if that effects your energy level at all. (gives it time to absorb and kick in fully.)

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QI_lQjf1eo"]YouTube - TRIUMPH - Fight The Good Fight [1987][/ame]

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hi Inarius :run:

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Com'n You know you love seein my hot ass avis..speaking of which...time for an update :hammer:

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
nah I dont go lookn for em. When I come across one that is TOO fine - She becomes my new avi.

Who am I kidden...I look for em