Compound 20 ingredient released

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
bridgeport is a pretty nasty place. was years back at least.

as far as new haven goes you take a walk down congress avenue (the congo) and tell me how u do
Bpt has cleaned up well in most spots.. New haven is 4th most dangerous city in the country right now. Pd is in shambles; I did intern work in bpt guys don't mess around on patrol, great dept.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Bpt has cleaned up well in most spots.. New haven is 4th most dangerous city in the country right now. Pd is in shambles; I did intern work in bpt guys don't mess around on patrol, great dept.
i heard they tore down panik village in bpt

is destefano still the police chief in nh? my cousin is a retired nh cop. the cops dont like destefano

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i heard they tore down panik village in bpt

is destefano still the police chief in nh? my cousin is a retired nh cop. the cops dont like destefano
Yea panic is long gone.. Destefano is the mayor.. New Cheif swore in the other day.. Older one really let sh!t go bad

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
His question is legitimate; many users of diiodos fear suppression (personally I think it won't cause an issue) and use some sort of supplement to boost TSH in PCT.
Wish I could post the picture of the rep points from nattydisaster w his comment confirming you do NOT needpct for at2.

That's a wrap.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Wish I could post the picture of the rep points from nattydisaster w his comment confirming you do NOT needpct for at2.

That's a wrap.
I didn't say you did (in fact, I even said I personally agree with you). But the concern is present among many users, so I don't see why you're singling him out.

Cool

Cool

Awards
  • Established
This thread is so full of butt-hurt and badassery

miniarnold

miniarnold

Awards
Doubtful. Dude is EVERYWHERE with BOGUS pointless questions. For real mini Arnold. Like go away.. Every one answers your questions once, ten you ask them again on different threads looking for a different answer. It's so effing annoying. Yiu claim experience and knowledge yet you ask questions like you've never even taken a multi vitamin. It's kinda sad. Please stop wasting veryones time
i tried to be mature and not respond to your childish comments and posts but you are a little annoying and your very tiresome, the only time you are wating is your own young man you clearly have little else to do.
as for my knowledge and experience in bbuilding you have no idea to think otherwise and underestimate me is so wrong, i am by no means blowing my own trumpet either i am far to modest and my own worst critic and the the worst critic you could imagine to be full of self praise its just not my nature,
i do not have to justfy myself to you and elaborate with details but i am close, but i will not in my eyes you are a rookie, i just wish i could look as good as you with all vast knowledge in bbuilding training and drugs etc using lots of diff supps to try to help me build a respectable body half as impressive as yours, as you prob lack even half decent natural potential "average" is my guess with or without drugs. i do not care what you do in the rest of your life but in this forum and any bbuilding webiste on the www which you constantly use and lurk you are way down the ladder my friend maybe just on the first rung at best.
i have only ever asked about supps that i do not pretend to have any knowledge of, i may have asked more than once to get peoples opinions on the same q, i may have not asked qs at times the proper way may have repeated myself, but havnt doubted any1s replys and would like to think people here are pretty forthcoming with the truth.

i am on this website as its a huge part of my life training bbuilding nutrition etc, i like to learn and chat with like minded people about things i find of interest in this case supplements, i am not here to bitch and fight online its just wrong you my friend may like to waste your time bitching but i will not.
i am only responding to your stupid comments as you just become annoying by slating me and telling people to ignore me, sounds like when you were in high school i would guess, you prob have issues to.
However good and long your reply is to this, well done am proud. you will not get a reply to any more immature postings after this.

Oh yeah have a good day though :wink1:

miniarnold

miniarnold

Awards
yes i know he drives me nuts but i am patient with him. he just has to put up with some sarcasm. he doesnt care
had no idea you were so sensitive pa, pls be patient with me i will develop in time :thumbsup:

anyways do you think C20 realisticaly has potential for fat loss/muscle gain if dosed high enough, perhaps an unbiased opinion

miniarnold

miniarnold

Awards
His question is legitimate; many users of diiodos fear suppression (personally I think it won't cause an issue) and use some sort of supplement to boost TSH in PCT.
thank you mr c, i simply asked if a pct for the thyroid would be needed after alpha, as i read of some people do a thyroid pct after using thyroid drugs.

i apologise for comments on this thread that are not regarding the OP, i am just fueling the childish game by responding
i really do want internet friends

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Mod edit: either learn to comminicate without blowing your lid, or leave.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
had no idea you were so sensitive pa, pls be patient with me i will develop in time :thumbsup:

anyways do you think C20 realisticaly has potential for fat loss/muscle gain if dosed high enough, perhaps an unbiased opinion
those two ingredients are purported to be good beta2 agonists in the literature - in vitro that is

now its always a leap of faith to suggest something that is active in vitro can be effective in animals (let alone humans)

but i would say that compared to alot of other USP products there is at least the suggestion of potential benefit. I am skeptical for sure but i will watch with interest.

p.s. its hard to gauge anything when you dont know what the dose per unit is. i will watch but without knowing how much people are ingesting how can i make any conclusions??

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
those two ingredients are purported to be good beta2 agonists in the literature - in vitro that is

now its always a leap of faith to suggest something that is active in vitro can be effective in animals (let alone humans)

but i would say that compared to alot of other USP products there is at least the suggestion of potential benefit. I am skeptical for sure but i will watch with interest.

p.s. its hard to gauge anything when you dont know what the dose per unit is. i will watch but without knowing how much people are ingesting how can i make any conclusions??
Guess that just gives you the ability to do your favorite task, speculating.

:D

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Guess that just gives you the ability to do your favorite task, speculating.

:D

sucks but in life most things are speculation

if you yearn for clear and confident answers there are many internetz sites, and many internetz boards that can provide that to you

it will be absolute BS but if it make you sleep better go for it

i wish life were simple too

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
sucks but in life most things are speculation

if you yearn for clear and confident answers there are many internetz sites, and many internetz boards that can provide that to you

it will be absolute BS but if it make you sleep better go for it

i wish life were simple too
Lol. Yeah. The amount of info I knew prior to joining forums about this industry to what I know now I can confidently say ignorance was bliss...

Dirty industry is dirty.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Unsubscribing from this thread; I'll stick to SourDough's log.

miniarnold

miniarnold

Awards
;p.s. its hard to gauge anything when you dont know what the dose per unit is. i will watch but without knowing how much people are ingesting how can i make any conclusions??
true good point how much of the potential good stuff is in there, guess you wont be purchasing any time soon then :lew:

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
true good point how much of the potential good stuff is in there, guess you wont be purchasing any time soon then :lew:
if i want a beta2 agonist i can get a beta2 agonist that is bona fide. why the hell would i screw around with a supp?

thats like expecting a stoner to forego his primo jamaican ganja for that crap they sell in novelty shops

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
if i want a beta2 agonist i can get a beta2 agonist that is bona fide. why the hell would i screw around with a supp?

thats like expecting a stoner to forego his primo jamaican ganja for that crap they sell in novelty shops
Lol!

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
liked the discussion here quite a bit, glad to see some folks in the know, including the product developer, step in and take a crack at it as well.

Certainly enlightening...

And MiniArnold, bro, you can ask me the same question as many times as you need to my man.... Im sorry someone took off on you for wanting to learn more about what your passionate about.

Patrick...

Aside from the topic at hand Id like to personally say you have been a pleasure to read recently and your sarcasm is growing on me... BUT, I hope you can take this as the compliment its intended to be... in the past you had me put off by some of the tones you took and arguments you fueled.... I quite like the Pat Ive been reading this last year since I came back into the game.... just a tip of the hat that its great to have your exp and knowledge here with a bit of sly sarcasm compared to what I remember in the past. :thumbsup:

miniarnold

miniarnold

Awards
And MiniArnold, bro, you can ask me the same question as many times as you need to my man.... Im sorry someone took off on you for wanting to learn more about what your passionate about.
k dude the kid didnt scare me to much lol, shame we cudnt fight in the real world tho there wouldnt be much to say then wonder how many trophies he has :wink1:
this is my life training diet nutrition massive part of my life love to learn and develop knowledge etc for health and physical gain, dont know to much about supps never really needed them but as i have got older certain natural supps and compounds have shown interest to me to see if they can really make a slight diff and improvement on top of a good solid base for success.

find c2o interesting and also urso and some natty tboosters
cheers

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
k dude the kid didnt scare me to much lol, shame we cudnt fight in the real world tho there wouldnt be much to say then wonder how many trophies he has :wink1:
this is my life training diet nutrition massive part of my life love to learn and develop knowledge etc for health and physical gain, dont know to much about supps never really needed them but as i have got older certain natural supps and compounds have shown interest to me to see if they can really make a slight diff and improvement on top of a good solid base for success.

find c2o interesting and also urso and some natty tboosters
cheers
Who needs trophies when u got a badge . I didn't realize kids were 23.. I'm a full on man n I'm tired of ur mouth! Let it go. I find your lack of INITIATIVE to gain knowledge BEFORE spouting stupid questions to be annoying. Not the fact that u ask ?... The fact u ask things that if you bothered to even read one paragraph of s product write up you would get your answer!!

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
Who needs trophies when u got a badge . I didn't realize kids were 23.. I'm a full on man n I'm tired of ur mouth! Let it go. I find your lack of INITIATIVE to gain knowledge BEFORE spouting stupid questions to be annoying. Not the fact that u ask ?... The fact u ask things that if you bothered to even read one paragraph of s product write up you would get your answer!!
I find your inability to use proper english to be extremely annoying. Why dont u go take sum initiative 2 gain knowledge threw hooked on phonics?

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I find your inability to use proper english to be extremely annoying. Why dont u go take sum initiative 2 gain knowledge threw hooked on phonics?
You mean THROUGH?

I have a degree in journalism, pretty sure that's a writing degree.. Didn't know u had to type proper on a forum. You should have no issues understanding Anything that I type lol... So try again ahole

Don't hate bc my avatar is better than... The both of yours! I wouldn't be surprised if ur some 35 yr old divorcee with low T and a beer belly :) get off my a$$ this has nothing to do with you. Stop looking for recognition.

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
You mean THROUGH?

I have a degree in journalism, pretty sure that's a writing degree.. Didn't know u had to type proper on a forum. You should have no issues understanding Anything that I type lol... So try again ahole

Don't hate bc my avatar is better than... The both of yours! I wouldn't be surprised if ur some 35 yr old divorcee with low T and a beer belly :) get off my a$$ this has nothing to do with you. Stop looking for recognition.
Lulz. The "leet" speak was poking fun at you.

And I actually posted my bloodwork in another thread... 819 total, 154 free test.

I'm actually a 20 year old attending college on a full ride studying Psychology(B.S.) with a minor in Arabic Studies and Politics, Philosophy and the Law. I'm currently preparing to go to law school in Fall of 2013. Boston College, Vanderbilt and University of Michigan are my top 3 choices with ASU or U of A being my lock schools.

So I apperciate the attempt at trying to "get back" at me by saying, "Oh look, my body is better then yours." But, frankly I dont care if it is or not..

As for the beer belly, I dont enjoy beer. I prefer a four loko or shots of Rum.

Don't need recognition either. Doing perfectly fine with that in the real world.

Thanks for playing, and sorry for derailing this thread OP.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lulz. The "leet" speak was poking fun at you.

And I actually posted my bloodwork in another thread... 819 total, 154 free test.

I'm actually a 20 year old attending college on a full ride studying Psychology(B.S.) with a minor in Arabic Studies and Politics, Philosophy and the Law. I'm currently preparing to go to law school in Fall of 2013. Boston College, Vanderbilt and University of Michigan are my top 3 choices with ASU or U of A being my lock schools.

So I apperciate the attempt at trying to "get back" at me by saying, "Oh look, my body is better then yours." But, frankly I dont care if it is or not..

As for the beer belly, I dont enjoy beer. I prefer a four loko or shots of Rum.

Don't need recognition either. Doing perfectly fine with that in the real world.

Thanks for playing, and sorry for derailing this thread OP.
I don't think anyone cares if you want to go to law school. I'll do the real work and arrest the crims while u spineless lawyers just cut them all deals. Politics is the biggest joke and spineless institution ever created. A bunch of fat heads arguing ablut things that don't even affect them as the 1%. Congratulations, you're a DB. Good day.

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
I don't think anyone cares if you want to go to law school. I'll do the real work and arrest the crims while u spineless lawyers just cut them all deals. Politics is the biggest joke and spineless institution ever created. A bunch of fat heads arguing ablut things that don't even affect them as the 1%. Congratulations, you're a DB. Good day.
Lol. Cause making vast generalizations doesnt show your ignorance at all...

Further, I dont want to practice criminal law. Theres this thing called, "Civil Law." Business disputes etc. I either want to do business litigation or my passion is 1st amendment law. I'm the guy fighting for you to have the right to have free speech so you can make blanket statements about lawyers. IP law also intrigues me, helping people protect their ideas.

So next time, find out what type of law a lawyer practices before trolling/flaming them.

Then again, i'd be mad too if someone was making 6 figures doing what they love.

Any other questions? Thanks for further proving your ignorance though with vast generalizations about people. What's next? All fit people must be on steroids ?

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lol. Cause making vast generalizations doesnt show your ignorance at all...

Further, I dont want to practice criminal law. Theres this thing called, "Civil Law." Business disputes etc. I either want to do business litigation or my passion is 1st amendment law. I'm the guy fighting for you to have the right to have free speech so you can make blanket statements about lawyers. IP law also intrigues me, helping people protect their ideas.

So next time, find out what type of law a lawyer practices before trolling/flaming them.

Then again, i'd be mad too if someone was making 6 figures doing what they love.

Any other questions? Thanks for further proving your ignorance though with vast generalizations about people. What's next? All fit people must be on steroids ?
Lol and I make what I make doing what I love. Whats your point? You're still in school you're not even in law school lol. so keep spouting.. You stuck your nose in someone else's sht so you got it back. now please shut up. This is ridiculous n a waste of time. You caused the issue by getting intending on something that has nothing to do with u

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Come on guys, this is entertaining and everything but you are essentially taking a look at each other's e-penis and seeing if it is bigger than yours.

I am sure many people are interested in Compound 20. Let's man up, move on and get back to the subject please. :)

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
Come on guys, this is entertaining and everything but you are essentially taking a look at each other's e-penis and seeing if it is bigger than yours.

I am sure many people are interested in Compound 20. Let's man up, move on and get back to the subject please. :)
I apologize for derailing the thread. If you have anymore to say, feel free to PM or email me

Cool

Cool

Awards
  • Established
Thanks USP got my package today! Will post feedback/results when I begin

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
I hate to add fuel to the fire but ched, your a sorry biased excuse for a cop, one of those guys that was likely picked on in high school n has to get a badge to hide behind so he can feel tough arresting other people, which in your case I'll bet more often then not might only just be guilty of looking at you wrong or better yet looking wrong in your eyes...

Now I'm not bashing law enforcement officers, I know many honest gentlemen and ladies that are upstanding examples of officers.... You son, at 23, are nothing more then a big kid with a badge. Grow up, your making yourself look bad.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I apologize for derailing the thread. If you have anymore to say, feel free to PM or email me
Really?... I'm not interested in pissing matches with with 20 year olds. Learn to harness yourself, it's part of growing up.

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
Really?... I'm not interested in pissing matches with with 20 year olds. Learn to harness yourself, it's part of growing up.
Hello pot, have you seen the kettle recently?

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I hate to add fuel to the fire but ched, your a sorry biased excuse for a cop, one of those guys that was likely picked on in high school n has to get a badge to hide behind so he can feel tough arresting other people, which in your case I'll bet more often then not might only just be guilty of looking at you wrong or better yet looking wrong in your eyes...

Now I'm not bashing law enforcement officers, I know many honest gentlemen and ladies that are upstanding examples of officers.... You son, at 23, are nothing more then a big kid with a badge. Grow up, your making yourself look bad.
Actually my hs years were quite pleasant.

Pretty sure he was the one to butt in on a convo between me and someone else. Buy I guess it Always the second person to react who gets stuck with the blame.

This is pathetic. Not another word. I'm done so long as everyone else can just drop this stupidity.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well at least Daycrawler knew where to draw the line. :)

AtomicFox

AtomicFox

Awards
  • Established
Guys the more you talk, the more retarded you seem. Just quit the e-bashing and let this thread be about Compound-20.

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
I have a C20 topic...

The inclusion of the sourced ingredient for the extraction of triterpenoids, Symplocos Racemosa, is being cited the IC release/writeup (1) with a Ursolic acid study...

What is the role/significance that Ursolic acid plays in this supplement? Are there any other triterpenoids that are being focused on as well (Oleanic Acid, betulinic Acid(2) ) but just werent cited?

I have done some reading on the research for the plant and more then one of the triterpenoids found there in and I must say they all seem like viable candidates for sports/nutrition supplementation... Ursolic Acid enhancing insulin/IGF-1 signaling in skeletal muscles(1), Betulinic Acid showed the ability to prevent abdominal fat gain in the presence of a high fat diet while elevating the plasma hormone levels of insulin and leptin and "findings suggest that BA has an antiobese potential through modulation of fat and carbohydrate metabolism"(3) While Oleanic Acid seems to do the same as both(mostly Betulinic)(4) but also has been found to induce Prostacyclin release in skeletal tissue(5) (a natural vasodialator and activator of cAMP, no studies are cited but throw prostacyclin into google and read up) not to mention possible osteoprotective capabilities that have been studied(6) (and the tons of pharmacoligical research being done on synthesized analogues of Oleanic acid to treat prostate cancer, fight obesity, help diabetics so on and so forth....)

Soooo with all the goodness that seems to be able to come from these Triterpenoids (and possibly more that I dont know are found in Symplocos Racemosa) I can see why its included in Compound 20.... my only question is... is it JUST Ursolic acid? any chance on letting us in on what else??

Citation 1 (same as citation 4 in IC release/writeup for Compound 20)
Cell Metab. 2011 Jun 8;13(6):627-38.
mRNA expression signatures of human skeletal muscle atrophy identify a natural compound that increases muscle mass.

Kunkel SD, Suneja M, Ebert SM, Bongers KS, Fox DK, Malmberg SE, Alipour F, Shields RK, Adams CM.
Source

Department of Internal Medicine, Roy J. and Lucille A. Carver College of Medicine, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA.

Abstract

Skeletal muscle atrophy is a common and debilitating condition that lacks a pharmacologic therapy. To develop a potential therapy, we identified 63 mRNAs that were regulated by fasting in both human and mouse muscle, and 29 mRNAs that were regulated by both fasting and spinal cord injury in human muscle. We used these two unbiased mRNA expression signatures of muscle atrophy to query the Connectivity Map, which singled out ursolic acid as a compound whose signature was opposite to those of atrophy-inducing stresses. A natural compound enriched in apples, ursolic acid reduced muscle atrophy and stimulated muscle hypertrophy in mice. It did so by enhancing skeletal muscle insulin/IGF-I signaling and inhibiting atrophy-associated skeletal muscle mRNA expression. Importantly, ursolic acid's effects on muscle were accompanied by reductions in adiposity, fasting blood glucose, and plasma cholesterol and triglycerides. These findings identify a potential therapy for muscle atrophy and perhaps other metabolic diseases.
Copyright © 2011 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.

Citation 2

Phytochemistry
Volume 29, Issue 11, 1990, Pages 3601-3604

[HR][/HR]

Triterpenoids from Symplocos racemosa bark[SUP]☆[/SUP]
M. Ali, Bhutani K.K. , T.N. Srivastava

Purchase

Regional Research Laboratory (C.S.I.R.), Jammu Tawi 180001, India

Received 19 January 1990; Available online 15 March 2001.

Abstract

Three new triterpenes have been isolated from the stem bark of Symplocos racemosa together with the two known triterpenoids betulin and oleanolic acid. Their structures were characterized as 28-hydroxy-20α-urs-12,18(19)-dien-3β-yl acetate, 3-oxo-urs-20α-12,18(19)-dien-28-oic acid and 24-hydroxyolean-12-en-3-one by spectral and chemical means.

Keywords: Symplocos racemosa; Symplocaceae; bark; pentacyclic triterpenoids.

[SUP]☆[/SUP]Part 14 in the series ‘Investigations of Medicinal Plants’. For Part 13 see ref. [1].

Citation 3
J Agric Food Chem. 2009 Oct 14;57(19):8776-81.
Betulinic acid, a natural pentacyclic triterpenoid, prevents abdominal fat accumulation in mice fed a high-fat diet.

de Melo CL, Queiroz MG, Arruda Filho AC, Rodrigues AM, de Sousa DF, Almeida JG, Pessoa OD, Silveira ER, Menezes DB, Melo TS, Santos FA, Rao VS.
Source

Department of Clinical and Toxicological Analysis, Federal University of Ceará, Fortaleza, Ceará, Brazil.

Abstract

In the search for potential antiobese agents from natural sources, this study investigated the effects of betulinic acid (BA), a pentacyclic triterpene from Clusia nemorosa L. (Clusiaceae), in mice on a high-fat diet (HFD). Adult male Swiss mice (n = 8) treated or not with BA (50 mg/L, in drinking water) were fed a HFD during 15 weeks. Mice treated with BA and fed a HFD showed significantly (P < 0.05) decreased body weights, abdominal fat accumulation, blood glucose, plasma triglycerides, and total cholesterol relative to their respective controls fed no BA. Additionally, BA treatment, while significantly elevating the plasma hormone levels of insulin and leptin, decreased the level of ghrelin. However, it caused a greater decrease in plasma amylase activity than the lipase. These findings suggest that BA has an antiobese potential through modulation of fat and carbohydrate metabolism, and it may be a suitable lead compound in the treatment of obesity.

Citation 4
Chem Biol Interact. 2010 Apr 15;185(1):59-65. Epub 2010 Feb 24.

Oleanolic acid, a natural triterpenoid improves blood glucose tolerance in normal mice and ameliorates visceral obesity in mice fed a high-fat diet.

de Melo CL, Queiroz MG, Fonseca SG, Bizerra AM, Lemos TL, Melo TS, Santos FA, Rao VS.
Source

Department of Clinical and Toxicological Analysis, Federal University of Ceara, Fortaleza, Ceara, Brazil.

Abstract

Excess visceral adiposity may predispose to chronic diseases like hypertension and type 2 diabetes with a high risk for coronary artery disease. Adipose tissue secreted cytokines and oxidative stress play an important role in chronic disease progression. To combat adiposity, plant-derived triterpenes are currently receiving much attention as they possess antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties and the ability to regulate glucose and lipid metabolism. In the search for potential antiobese compounds from natural sources, this study evaluated the effects of oleanolic acid (OA), a pentacyclic triterpene commonly present in fruits and vegetables, in glucose tolerance test and on high-fat diet (HFD)-induced obesity in mice. Adult male Swiss mice treated or not with OA (10 mg/kg) were fed a HFD during 15 weeks. Sibutramine (SIB) treated group (10 mg/kg) was included for comparison. Weekly body weights, food and water consumption were measured, and at the end of study period, the levels of blood glucose and lipids, plasma hormone levels of insulin, ghrelin and leptin, and the visceral abdominal fat content were analysed. Mice treated with OA and fed a HFD showed significantly (p<0.05) improved glucose tolerance, decreased body weights, visceral adiposity, blood glucose, plasma lipids relative to their respective controls fed no OA. Additionally, OA treatment, while significantly elevating the plasma hormone level of leptin, decreased the level of ghrelin. However, it caused a greater decrease in plasma amylase activity than lipase. Sibutramine-treated group also manifested similar effects like OA except for blood glucose level that was not different from HFD control. These findings suggest that OA ameliorates visceral adiposity and improves glucose tolerance in mice and thus has an antiobese potential through modulation of carbohydrate and fat metabolism.
Copyright 2010 Elsevier Ireland Ltd. All rights reserved.

Citation 5
Biochemical, Molecular, and Genetic Mechanisms
Oleanolic Acid Induces Prostacyclin Release in Human Vascular Smooth Muscle Cells through a Cyclooxygenase-2-Dependent Mechanism[SUP]1[/SUP][SUP],2[/SUP]

José Martínez-González[SUP]3[/SUP][SUP],*[/SUP], Rosalía Rodríguez-Rodríguez[SUP]4[/SUP], María González-Díez[SUP]3[/SUP], Cristina Rodríguez[SUP]3[/SUP], María Dolores Herrera[SUP]4[/SUP], Valentina Ruiz-Gutierrez[SUP]4[/SUP] and Lina Badimon[SUP]3[/SUP]
[SUP]3[/SUP] Centro de Investigación Cardiovascular, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas/Institut Català de Ciències Cardiovasculars-Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Barcelona, Spain and [SUP]4[/SUP] Instituto de la Grasa, CSIC, Sevilla, Spain
[SUP]*[/SUP] To whom correspondence should be addressed. E-mail: [email protected].

ABSTRACT

Oleanolic acid is a triterpenoid that may contribute to the cardio-protective effects of olive oil. Our goal was to assess whether oleanolic acid could modulate eicosanoid biosynthesis and to determine the mechanism involved in this effect. Human coronary smooth muscle cells (SMC) were treated with oleanolic acid, erythrodiol, or hydroxytyrosol and eicosanoid release was measured by enzyme immunoassay. Cyclooxygenase (Cox)-1 and Cox-2 protein and messenger sRNA levels were analyzed by Western blot and real-time PCR, respectively. Mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) pathways were assessed using specific antibodies. Oleanolic acid induced prostaglandin I[SUB]2[/SUB] (PGI[SUB]2[/SUB]) release by human coronary SMC, an effect that was prevented by celecoxib (a specific inhibitor of Cox-2). The increased PGI[SUB]2[/SUB] was time-and dose-dependent and was associated to the u-regulation of Cox-2. No effects were observed on thromboxane A[SUB]2[/SUB]. Erythrodiol but not hydroxytyrosol upregulated Cox-2 expression and induced PGI[SUB]2[/SUB] synthesis. Oleanolic acid induced an early phosphorylation of p38 MAPK and p42/44 MAPK but not c-Jun N-terminal kinase-1 (JNK-1). SB203580 (p38MAPK inhibitor) and U0126 (MAPK kinase1/2 inhibitor) abrogated the upregulation of Cox-2 and PGI[SUB]2[/SUB] release induced by oleanolic acid. A peptide inhibitor of JNK-1 (L-JNKI1) did not produce any effect. The induction of Cox-2 was preceded by an early activation of cAMP regulatory element-binding protein, a key transcription factor involved in Cox-2 transcriptional upregulation. Therefore, oleanolic acid contributes to vascular homeostasis by inducing PGI[SUB]2[/SUB] release in a Cox-2-dependent manner. Oleanolic acid could be regarded as a bioactive molecule that may contribute to the beneficial effects of the Mediterranean diet.

Full text found here... http://jn.nutrition.org/content/138/3/443.full.pdf

Citation 6
Oleanolic acid exerts an osteoprotective effect in ovariectomy-induced osteoporotic rats and stimulates the osteoblastic differentiation of bone mesenchymal stem cells in vitro.
Bian Q, Liu SF, Huang JH, Yang Z, Tang DZ, Zhou Q, Ning Y, Zhao YJ, Lu S, Shen ZY, Wang YJ.
Menopause. 2011 Oct 7. [Epub ahead of print]

PMID:22011754[PubMed - as supplied by publisher]
Related citations

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In response to the study posted above.. I currently use ursobolic (ursolic acid) n my body fat is definitely mire under control n controllable since starting it... I hover around 11-12% reaching 8-9% during summer months when I clamp down on diet.. The urso thus far has allowed me to bulk more while stating lean.. Actually getting leaner . So I have worked c20 in for February after I cease urso... I will compare results and decide which worked better for me.

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
In response to the study posted above.. I currently use ursobolic (ursolic acid) n my body fat is definitely mire under control n controllable since starting it... I hover around 11-12% reaching 8-9% during summer months when I clamp down on diet.. The urso thus far has allowed me to bulk more while stating lean.. Actually getting leaner . So I have worked c20 in for February after I cease urso... I will compare results and decide which worked better for me.
The sperm mobility side effect of Urso didnt scare you away from using it?

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I believe That was unfounded.. And also heard if it IS true that it goes away with cessation of use. Also not trying to get my gf pregnant anyway hah so

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
That study was done in rats, not humans and it has not been duplicated in humans... Not to mention even in the rats, as was mentioned, after cessation normalization was achieved.

Ursolic acid has a myriad of benefits.... Look it up in pubmed and you get 870 hits, its attracted a lot if attention for a lot of reasons, male contraceptive isn't one of them...

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
liked the discussion here quite a bit, glad to see some folks in the know, including the product developer, step in and take a crack at it as well.

Certainly enlightening...

Patrick...

Aside from the topic at hand Id like to personally say you have been a pleasure to read recently and your sarcasm is growing on me... BUT, I hope you can take this as the compliment its intended to be... in the past you had me put off by some of the tones you took and arguments you fueled.... I quite like the Pat Ive been reading this last year since I came back into the game.... just a tip of the hat that its great to have your exp and knowledge here with a bit of sly sarcasm compared to what I remember in the past. :thumbsup:

thanks i try not to be as confrontational as i used to be. i have come to accept that there are some things i just cant change and i have to deal with it

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
I have a C20 topic...

The inclusion of the sourced ingredient for the extraction of triterpenoids, Symplocos Racemosa, is being cited the IC release/writeup (1) with a Ursolic acid study...

there probably is a study somewhere showing what the breakdown of the triterpenoids are in that extract

ursobolic uses rosemary which also has quite a bit of oleanolic acid in it in addition to ursolic, as well as another trierpenoid with molecular weight 2 less than urso and olean

all these plant sources have more than one triterps in them, and its usually urso olean and one other

dlucks

Awards
  • Established
Would stacking this with albuterol or eca be bad since they use the same receptors?