TeamTGB

Awards
Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nice, i had a copper o-ringed 84.5 golden eagle sleeved itr block, 9:5:1 Cp Pistons with Turbo Tuffs, What did you make?
Head gasket blew on the dyno. Used a Cometic HG instead of Golden Eagle. Sold it because I was mad and pouting.

Was doing a 10.2:1 turbo build. Had a custom ram horn built in town that was AC friendly because I can't give up AC in Texas. Not a chance.

Looped my power steering (not that Hondas are hard to turn without it).

New bushings on control arms, sway bars, etc.. Function form coilovers.

And a blown head gasket. Horse ****.

TeamTGB

TeamTGB

Awards
Head gasket blew on the dyno. Used a Cometic HG instead of Golden Eagle. Sold it because I was mad and pouting.

Was doing a 10.2:1 turbo build. Had a custom ram horn built in town that was AC friendly because I can't give up AC in Texas. Not a chance.

Looped my power steering (not that Hondas are hard to turn without it).

New bushings on control arms, sway bars, etc.. Function form coilovers.

And a blown head gasket. Horse ****.
I feel you there, they are a love hate type of car lol

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I feel you there, they are a love hate type of car lol
I was super stoked that everything was coming together and then it fell apart . I was moving for college so got a reliable daily and been driving it ever since.

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1459520593.226781.jpg

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
1000hp Thru the mufflers!!

302.jpg

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
When I was just out of high school, my brother and I did some off road racing in our 85 chevette 4 door. With 4 people in the car and some cinder blocks in the hatch if there was snow on the ground. Good times. A buddy had almost the exact same car so we challenged him, but he was a big puss and wouldn't go where we went.

gxw

Awards
You guys see the new Camaro SS? 0-60 in 4.0 seconds, faster than a M3. I have a 15' blacktop Durango right now and I'm definitely getting the Camaro this summer. I'm thinking about putting a 3M double stripe down the middle

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You guys see the new Camaro SS? 0-60 in 4.0 seconds, faster than a M3. I have a 15' blacktop Durango right now and I'm definitely getting the Camaro this summer. I'm thinking about putting a 3M double stripe down the middle
Wish you well but to me it looks like a Transormer rendering. Do not like all of the undulating body scultping in the new Camaro. Did not care for the previous Gen Camaro as well which appears as a bloated 1969 version. Great engines though both the LS3 and LT1.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm not going to even look at one.

Never been a huge fan of any Camaro past 1969. The new ones have been growing on me recently, when modded a certain way.

Only way I dish out cash for a new car is a hellcat, but even then I'm still just not a huge fan of buying new cars.

gxw

Awards
Yeah I actually hated the last gen of camaros as well, and I got the transformer look out of them as well lol. Challengers were my thing, but this new Camaro is more like a Corvette to me. The hellcat is beautiful too, but only gets you 1 sec faster for 40k-60k more.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'll take a street legal 2016 Cobra Jet...

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah I actually hated the last gen of camaros as well, and I got the transformer look out of them as well lol. Challengers were my thing, but this new Camaro is more like a Corvette to me. The hellcat is beautiful too, but only gets you 1 sec faster for 40k-60k more.
1 second is a huge difference.

1Fast400

Awards
  • Established
I have a hellcat, got it March of last year. I've beat the crap out of the car and had zero issues. Gets 25-26mpg on economy mode. I like the fact it's semi invisible. Unless you know what it is, most don't really notice. Mine is all black, black rims, tint, cquartz'd and that's about it. No mods to it. I've done heavy mods, but tend to do that post warranty. Sold an 09 rubicon that was decked out to get this.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
I have a hellcat, got it March of last year. I've beat the crap out of the car and had zero issues. Gets 25-26mpg on economy mode. I like the fact it's semi invisible. Unless you know what it is, most don't really notice. Mine is all black, black rims, tint, cquartz'd and that's about it. No mods to it. I've done heavy mods, but tend to do that post warranty. Sold an 09 rubicon that was decked out to get this.
mehhh... i love mopar but feel like the hellcat was overpriced

1Fast400

Awards
  • Established
700hp, nice interior, 25mpg, handles like a monster for it's size, out runs almost anything in its price class and is a real 4 door car for 60k. That's overpriced?

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I feel like it's too expensive for what it is too.

I can buy a way nicer car than a Dodge for that kind of money.

Plus, the horsepower is wasted during regular driving. No reason to have a car like that except for the strip, and to be competitive there you would still need to drop serious cash to make it worth a ****.

1Fast400

Awards
  • Established
I feel like it's too expensive for what it is too.
I can buy a way nicer car than a Dodge for that kind of money.
Plus, the horsepower is wasted during regular driving. No reason to have a car like that except for the strip, and to be competitive there you would still need to drop serious cash to make it worth a ****.
If you want a luxury car sure. If you want a car with 700hp, what are your options? Wasted? It's a 10 second car from the factory, that's incredibly impressive. I use the power while driving all the time. Guess I just drive different than you guys. I have tons of open road where I live and it's a blast. I'm not saying it's the best car in the world, but it's not overpriced. Considering SRT8 Jeeps, which people love, sold within range of this with 250 less HP.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you want a luxury car sure. If you want a car with 700hp, what are your options? Wasted? It's a 10 second car from the factory, that's incredibly impressive. I use the power while driving all the time. Guess I just drive different than you guys. I have tons of open road where I live and it's a blast. I'm not saying it's the best car in the world, but it's not overpriced. Considering SRT8 Jeeps, which people love, sold within range of this with 250 less HP.
11 second from factory, last I checked.

Big difference between running 10s and running 11s.

I commute through the city, don't even have enough space to open the goat up. Only seen one hellcat in the highway, stuck behind Houston traffic just like everyone else.

Still one hell of a car, and you're right, not too many places you can get that kind of horsepower stock.

But IME you can get the same 1/4 mile times out of less money with different cars.

Xan

Awards
Ah, a thread where I actually know what I'm talking about

Everything else I do on here is learning.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
I can build a 10 second Honda crx for less than half of 60k, assuming I over night parts from Japan ....
��

Xan

Awards
I can build a 10 second Honda crx for less than half of 60k, assuming I over night parts from Japan ....
í*½í¸￾
While that is true most people don't have the know how to do so or care to

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
While that is true most people don't have the know how to do so or care to
It was just a comparison to the Price for quarter mile post...

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
?
I had Eagle Talon Tsi that ran mid 11s when I was 21. Probably cost 6k total in upgrades if that. That awd from the dig... drool.

I miss the awd, these RWD cars I have now annoy me lol.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
I was talking about keeping it American lol.
Okay, any ls1 can do it for the same... I would say a built GNX but we both know I can run faster than that turd...

1Fast400

Awards
  • Established
Yes and you will still have a Honda crx. A guy died a month ago in his crx in Midwest because it's a POS lol. I've had world record setting twin turbo's, but roll cage made for a pain in the ass driving around. As an overall balance, love the hellcat.

As far as 10's vs 11's there are countless guys in 10's factory at this point. With very basic mods, low's. With a tire swap a guy has his mid 10's already.

I know supplements but my family is 3 generation of world champs in drag racing. I know a thing or two :)

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
I had Eagle Talon Tsi that ran mid 11s when I was 21. Probably cost 6k total in upgrades if that. That awd from the dig... drool.

I miss the awd, these RWD cars I have now annoy me lol.
I ran high 11's in my old mr2 for about 7-8k... The srt ran mid 10's with minimal work, fed to boot

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
I
Yes and you will still have a Honda crx. A guy died a month ago in his crx in Midwest because it's a POS lol. I've had world record setting twin turbo's, but roll cage made for a pain in the ass driving around. As an overall balance, love the hellcat.

As far as 10's vs 11's there are countless guys in 10's factory at this point. With very basic mods, low's. With a tire swap a guy has his mid 10's already.

I know supplements but my family is 3 generation of world champs in drag racing. I know a thing or two :)
What set ups on the TT's

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
You asses are making me get drag jittery now!

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You asses are making me get drag jittery now!
I miss it too. I have a 99 Cobra and 11 5.0 but I don't do much with them besides basic upgrades. Too old for tickets.

I may build the coyote 5.0 to low 11s. Fairly easy to do. I have most things done already, just need headers, injectors and E85 tune.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
I'm looking for a decent terminator but I wouldn't mind building my lsx Sierra

Xan

Awards

I've heard a lot about people
Breaking various drivetrain parts with slicks right of the bat, any truth to that with other owners you know?

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I miss it too. I have a 99 Cobra and 11 5.0 but I don't do much with them besides basic upgrades. Too old for tickets.

I may build the coyote 5.0 to low 11s. Fairly easy to do. I have most things done already, just need headers, injectors and E85 tune.
My brother's '99 cobra had so many issues that he had to sell it, and people are always leaving notes at my door about his '92 mustang.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That sucks about his 99, I've been lucky no issues. People leave notes to buy the 92?

1Fast400

Awards
  • Established
So far no, on the hellcats.

My turbo setups were vipers, twin 88's, made over 1500hp, 7 years ago. One car went 7.80's at over 180 and was driven on the street weekly. Convertible was setup similar, went at 8.55 with the top up (no cage). I ran pinks all out in the gts. Was running a nitro invo 20" 345 tire and went 9.80's on 10lbs of boost lol. Was only non race car in my class. Was hoping to get picked and up the boost. I could run 8.90's on those tires at 17lbs. Was leaving at 1200rpm for qualifying to kill my 60'. Was cutting 1.85 60' vs the regular 1.40-1.50

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That sucks about his 99, I've been lucky no issues. People leave notes to buy the 92?
Yes, he was sad to let it go. Yes, lol, this one guy wanted to give him $1,000 for it.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes, he was sad to let it go. Yes, lol, this one guy wanted to give him $1,000 for it.
If it's a GT in good condition, it's worth a lot more. I wanted to buy a 92 convertible GT, but my wife said won't people think we are poor if they see us in this. She doesn't get how it works lol.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Running slicks isnt stock.

Stock is driving it off the dealership, to the strip, and running 10s.

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I like to hear compression and a camshaft. Not a fan of FI but it seems to be the factory route to high power and stay within gov't regulations.

My pig is slow compared to what kids drive nowadays. Amazed at the Gopro roll racing videos they do on the highway! The power is insane. Agreed 10s is standard for street racing cred.

1Fast400

Awards
  • Established
Well if car and driver said it, it must be true lol

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Those are just the numbers that Dodge released about their car, no big deal, they were probably lying.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
General Chat 0
ChocolateClen General Chat 9
Nutrition / Health 3
Ape McGrapes Supplements 20
VolcomX311 General Chat 11