Kit Cars

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Just wonder if anyone has built one before and what people's experiences were with them. I'm looking in to building one but it's pricy so I just want to see what people think about it.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
What kit are you looking at? I haven't built one but have drilled over several over the years.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Those GTM's are sweet. I haven't browsed the FFR website in a while, but I think they have something out now that takes a Subaru engine and AWD drivetrain. I am hung up on the 33 roadster they have as well.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Those GTM's are sweet. I haven't browsed the FFR website in a while, but I think they have something out now that takes a Subaru engine and AWD drivetrain. I am hung up on the 33 roadster they have as well.
Yeah those are all nice. Sucks the GTM is so expensive tho.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
Get yourself a Lotus 7 kit my man. Toyota 4AGE engine or if you're feeling adventurous a nice SR20DET. Personally I'd opt for the BMW E46 M3 engine with the SMG box :D

Brembo brakes for me :D don't know the kind of management you guys use over there, I love Spitronics personally.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
Does it have to be a kit car? What are you going to use it for? Drag racing? Circuit? Rally?

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Get yourself a Lotus 7 kit my man. Toyota 4AGE engine or if you're feeling adventurous a nice SR20DET. Personally I'd opt for the BMW E46 M3 engine with the SMG box :D

Brembo brakes for me :D don't know the kind of management you guys use over there, I love Spitronics personally.
I've seen one of those running around my hometown. Don't know the specs of it, but it's pretty sweet looking.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
I've seen one of those running around my hometown. Don't know the specs of it, but it's pretty sweet looking.
One of them here making 220kw atfw and there is not a Porsche that can catch it around a track. Awesome cars.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
^^ Uses an old 1.8 4 cylinder BMW engine.