BIGGER, FASTER, STRONGER: Snag's Recipe for a [NATURAL] Recomp, Competition Style!

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mullet - let me put it in context closer to your heart... It's like someone making you eat your pancakes with that Mrs. Buttersworth crap you find in the grocery store.
Haha!

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Honestly though... SuperCissus - no joke - is the ONLY supplement I can think of off the top of my head that does what its supposed to in less than 3 days - and just like Snagglicious said - its one of the only supplements that you miss as soon as its gone.

Its like that one chick that wasn't too cute, but could suck the color out of a marble... It was fun to dump her... you saved a few dollars... but life just isn't the same.
Haha.. Timber! Bringing his Timber-esqueness to the fray! :lol:

For real tho, gotta have my Cissus, for sure. :cheers:

I'll have some time tomorrow hopefully to get all the diet and training specs outlined. Unfortunately I have to work my part-time gig tomorrow, 10-4.. but I bet we'll be dead as hell, so I'll get caught up if that's the case. I'll detail how I'll mega-dose leucine/BCAA's and - more importantly imo - the timing in which I'll do so, altho some of you know my method already..

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
No, Andrew PM'ed me today asking me for pictures of my fiance! I was saying the same may happen.

[In fun, though]
there was a reason though, anyways all in good nature, I assume we could trade gf pics, LOL:thumbsup:

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
No, Andrew PM'ed me today asking me for pictures of my fiance! I was saying the same may happen.

[In fun, though]
LOL..thats what i meant, thats not cool you would p.m him a picture and not me!:lol:....J.K!..:lol:

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This log will be like a slowly developing storm {the BIGGER} that hopefully, by it's conclusion, will be wreaking some havoc with serious gale-force {the FASTER} winds of demolishing {the STRONGER} destruction!

(also, I wanted to tweak the title of the thread a bit so as not to infringe on copyright issues..) :rolleyes:

Here's the situation physically at the current time: Partly cloudy with a chance of rain.. I will be coming back from the double-whammy of some knee/tendon issues that have been recurring the last few months, but now seem to be subsided; as well as a stomach virus that knocked my ass down for 3 days last week (during 2 of which I could eat practically nothing), lingered into the weekend and is now gone - but dropped 10 lbs. of bodyweight off me. Weight upon rising this morning was 186 (ugggh), down from my off-season bulking peak of 207 just 6 short weeks ago.. first time I've been sick in over 3 years, so I guess I can't complain.

The joint issues I've been experiencing on & off are always eliminated (for me) by mega-dosing SuperCissusRx; this time is no different. I'm currently dosing 2 caps, 10 minutes prior to every meal (so 6x daily). I will eventually drop this to 1 cap prior to every meal, and then to maintenance levels. I should mention this is not a sponsored log; I'm a USP athlete, so of course my base will always be some of these products. That's just a given. All the other supps I have purchased myself (even additional quantities of SuperCissus, which I need to run at my preferred dosage) -- altho I do have to add that I've got a source that allows me to get ridiculous deals on these items, which makes it very attractive to me to try some new things.

Other supps in the mix:

USPlabs:
Jacked (3 scoops prior to training)
Prime (3 caps @ 3x daily)
Recreate (2 caps prior to w/o, 1 mid-afternoon, going to 2 eventually)
PowerFULL (3 caps prior to training, 3 caps @ bedtime, SAT & SUN off)
AP & Pslin (either one of these with virtually every meal)
SuperCissusRx (format listed above)

NXLabs
Plasmavol (2 TBS prior to training, stacked w/ Jacked)
*This is a new item for me; the whole Mannitol/Glycerol thing intrigues me.

MRI:
Anabolic Switch (3 scoops immediately following training)
NO2 Black (4 tabs upon rising, 4 tabs mid-day)
ProNOS
ProGainer

Diesel Nutrition:
Diesel Test Hardcore (1 tab 3x daily to start, increasing to 2 tabs 3x daily)
*This is a new item for me, excited to see the synergy this produces when combined with Prime!

Beverly International:
Super Pak (w/ breakfast)
Ultra Size (one of THE best protein complexes in the world imo)
Ultra 40 Liver Tabs (a staple for me; 4 tabs/meal)

CytoSport
MonsterMilk

Optimum Nutrition
NitroCore 24

And some staples..
Udo's Oil
Fish Oil
EVOO
Leucine/BCAA's
Beta-Alanine
Ashwagandha

1000mg addt'l vit C
400 iu vit E

thinking of possibly adding Posiedon.. but I'm not decisive here

(UPDATING IN PROGRESS... STAY TUNED FOR MORE WEATHER ALERTS!)
you have the supply's that's for sure. every bit helps.
whats the diet like...and how often do you eat how many grams of protein do you get per day?

of course carbs are individual and depend on the goal and fat is individual? some people don't count when not6 competing some do. do you?

also will you be posting reps, sets and poundage used, I'd like to see this.

do you currently compete in shows?

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mullet, tell him to PM me for them if your not willing.j/k bro

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
Okay, you asked for her:

Didn't know you were into dudes, its all good, just never ask me for my number and were good, regardless I can not show pics of my girl, yet, she is shy, what gives:lol:

View attachment 25068
Didn't know you were into dudes, its all good, just never ask me for my number and were good, regardless I can not show pics of my girl, yet, she is shy, what gives:lol:

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn!! At what point do you ask yourself if there is a problem??

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
All right, no hijacking the thread to trade pics of your chicks, or any other such things. Not allowed! You will be banned! :banned:

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
All right, no hijacking the thread to trade pics of your chicks, or any other such things. Not allowed! You will be banned! :banned:
Sorry Snag-o-rama. All done!

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
I was uncomfortable about two hours ago when he PM'ed me asking for pictures of my GF.
Hahahahahahahaha, this is awesome misunderstanding, it is making my day, oh so humorous, and I will let you continue your thread bro, my bad for this weird inconvenience

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
thats what i sai too much bullshit not allowed some play and fun is fine too much is too much. lets talk about training, diet, supplementation and all things bodybuilding and add about 5% goof off

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Cool.

Ohh.. and FOG, I'm warning you right up front.. :nono:

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It's all good. I want there to be open banter in here. I've just seen some threads that go on rampages for pages and it makes the thread like a trillion pages long.. and you have to really sift thru the thread for little nuggets of info.. just not my preference.

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
J/K !! Alright guy's back to business !

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Quoting myself, ahaa..

Just so everybody doesn't think I'm a total dick, FOG knows I was just joking here.. :trout:
I figured you were when you said that. and maybe semi serious..wasnt totally sure and thought you were playing...alright enough for holding this up. I asked some bodybuilding questions the last page of page two. can you answer them?

Last edited:
snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
you have the supply's that's for sure. every bit helps.
whats the diet like...and how often do you eat how many grams of protein do you get per day?

of course carbs are individual and depend on the goal and fat is individual? some people don't count when not6 competing some do. do you?

also will you be posting reps, sets and poundage used, I'd like to see this.

do you currently compete in shows?
Earlier I said I hope to have time tomorrow to fill in diet/training parameters. Too tired tonight, going to bed right now in fact..

Yes, I compete.

tim1985

tim1985

Awards
  • Established
It's time to play 'Find the Canadian!'

This week's challenge is especially difficult.

View the candid photograph and use logic to locate the clues that will let you 'Find the Canadian!'

Do you have the skill?

Do you have the ability?

Do you know enough about your Northern Cousins?

Can You FIND THE CANADIAN?

Taking notes is permissible but try to limit your time to

no more than 5 minutes!

Good luck!

Attachments

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
is it the really white girl in the center?:think:

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
Wow, 25 posts worth . . . with nothing .. Let's keep Snag's new log/thread cleaner, PLEASE !

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hahhaa, thanx Thomas! ;)

Running some fasted training here this morning due to time constraints, but with a Pslin-aided hi-carb/BCAA liquid mix intra w/o -- hope to have this gig all caught up by the end of the day..

Little better pic this morning, compared to the ones taken last night.. I'm inflating like a tire being filled with air!

Attachments

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
New pic does show some more fullness it should really start getting good as you get back into it...sorry to hear you were sick the same thing happened to me a couple months back and it SUCKED..

and o my at how quick this log moved :eek:

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
looking solid snags!..by the time your done with this log!..your going to need the cameraman to take a couple of steps back to fit you in the photo!

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Your left (picture's right) bicep tattoo is badass. I've been thinking about a similar one (only larger) across my chest and shoulder. Big decision!!!

Oh, and apologies for the off track banter. I think in most threads I'm guilty of 85% of that, so I'll keep it to a minimum!!

Aside from that, you're looking lean and mean... Looking forward to the explosion.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Your left (picture's right) bicep tattoo is badass. I've been thinking about a similar one (only larger) across my chest and shoulder. Big decision!!!

Oh, and apologies for the off track banter. I think in most threads I'm guilty of 85% of that, so I'll keep it to a minimum!!

Aside from that, you're looking lean and mean... Looking forward to the explosion.
Nah, no worries bro.. I like what Timber brings to the table! And Mullet too.. I don't want to have guys thinking they can't speak their mind in here, about any issue. By all means - that's how some interesting discussions take off! :)

But some things I can just do without. Not trying to be a dick at all, just wanted to nip that particular issue in the bud..

So you're talking about my hammer & sickle? Yeah, I'm Russian as you know, and I got that back in the 80's when it was the Soviet Union flag. Shortly after I got it, the Union disbanded.. oh well.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Nah, no worries bro.. I like what Timber brings to the table! And Mullet too.. I don't want to have guys thinking they can't speak their mind in here, about any issue. By all means - that's how some interesting discussions take off! :)

But some things I can just do without. Not trying to be a dick at all, just wanted to nip that particular issue in the bud..

So you're talking about my hammer & sickle? Yeah, I'm Russian as you know, and I got that back in the 80's when it was the Soviet Union flag. Shortly after I got it, the Union disbanded.. oh well.
Yeah, Russian here as well. I like the old hammer and sickle. I think it speaks to a time where Russia had a lot of pride and power and pretty much instilled fear in other world superpowers. Union might be dead, but the sybolism is still there. Rocky IV - end of story.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I missed quite some action here in the past couple of hours! :frustrate: Looking good, by the way, Snag! :thumbsup:

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
Wow, 25 posts worth . . . with nothing .. Let's keep Snag's new log/thread cleaner, PLEASE !

AGREE, or else I'll send a nasty
right out of my lab to get all of you off-topic hijackers :lol:

I like your stack Snag and the science behind it :thumbsup:

You are looking:

Attachments

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
AGREE, or else I'll send a nasty
right out of my lab to get all of you off-topic hijackers :lol:

I like your stack Snag and the science behind it :thumbsup:

You are looking:
I have been having a discussion based on GLUT4 receptor specificity [ability of AP to selectively regulate GLUT4 mRNA expression in muscle {myocytes} cells or fat {adipocytes} cells]. Here is the discussion taken from that other website. May be of some benefit to some!

I've read the claims...I've tried AP/Pslin...enjoy the pumps..however, I still question the ability of it's claims:

1) to Upregulate Glut-4 receptors selectively only in Muscle cells and not adipose

2) How does AP selectively inhibit PPAR gamma (which by inference AP has to be an allosteric inhibitor for FFAs, PGs, LTs)...according to the claims, this is not proven, they just measured mRNA expression of the PPAR)

3) the drug class Thiazolidinediones (used in Diabetes) binds to PPARs and actually increases insulin sensitivity/decrease resistance. How can USP labs claim to INHIBIT PPAR gamma yet increase insulin sensitivity SELECTIVELY in skeletal muscle...

Just curious as to see if there are any theoretical pathways that would make sense...to put the puzzle pieces together
1) The clinical data (albeit in IDDM/NIDDM and rat models) reflects as such; though it is impossible to state AGU is not occurring. However, with that being said, fuel provision is of secondary concern when lipid metabolism - and therein proliferation and differentiation - is being directly controlled.

2) Berberine directly activates AMPk in peripheral tissues, via mitochondrial respiration inhibition; thereby creating a fluctuation in the extracellular AMP:ATP ratio, and creating a demand for AMPk in respects to glucose phosphorylation for energy provision. Data has reflected a 6-16h increase in AMPk levels. This is important for the following reason: AMPk directly inhibits co-activator p3000, inhibits PEPCK through transcription, ACC (and thereby inhibits malonyl-cOA) both at transcriptional and post-translational, as well exerting transcriptional control over PPAR-y, and its target enzyme CPT-1. AMPk, and therefore AP (data reflects a direct and immediate regulation of AMPk in skeletomuscular tissue), selectively regulates PPAR-y via transcriptional factor control, and by the inhibition of co-activation factors, rather than direct site-binding. It selectively regulates PPAR-y, due to p3000 being an AMPk substrate; direct binding is not necessary.

3) Actually, and ironically enough, the most recent data is proposing that Thiazolidinediones' Insulin Sensitizing effect is via mechanisms independent of PPAR-y regulated gene transcription; in actuality, and to therefore answer your question, TZDs are now being shown to directly and acutely increase phosphorylation of AMPk. Whereas previous studies into TZD administration postulated that TZD mediated decreases in Insulin resistance were due to adipogenesis induction (and thereby decreased levels of FA, and storage of TGs - direct precursors to Insulin insensitivity), it is now being realized their action is via AMPk induction in skeletal muscle. As a result, Berberine is especially attractive as alternative NIDDM/IDDM, due to its weight loss induction via transcriptional control over the PPAR target enzyme CPT-1; thereby increasing mitochondrial B-Oxidation of FAs, rather than decreasing it. This anti-lipogenic action, combined with increased glucose uptake in myocytes, inhibition of cholesterol and TG synthesis, and more efficient response to energy demands, creates a recomposition effect on tissue via preferential use of energy.

Further, this Berberine mediated AMPk phosphorylation has (as of yet, at least) been most prominent in skeletal muscle. As stated, AMPk is a more direct regulator of the glucose metabolism pathway than that of PPAR-y (direct upregulation of GLUT4 translocation, and more direct control over lipogenesis); in this respect, the secondary pathways of PPAR-y become irrelevant, as they are more or less circumvented by AMPk. Berberine decreases mitochondrial respiration, thereby increasing the AMP:ATP ratio, increasing AMPk phosphorylation and inducing intracellular glycolysis; thereby having an additive effect on Insulin sensitivity.

Finally, to answer your first question in a round about manner, the inhibition of mitochondrial respiration via Complex-I has only been noted in L6 myotubes, and not adipocytes. In this respect, the response to intracellular glucose demand is not specific, but merely the respiratory response of AMPk; in this light, the AMP:ATP ratio modulation by Berberine, and therefore increased phosphorylation of AMPk is myocyte specific, rather than GLUT4 specificity.

The insulemic pathway is far more diverse than PPAR-y mRNA expression, or even PPAR-regulated gene transcription factors. A more direct approach to Insulin/Glucose modulation was necessary due to the additive effects on adipose posed by PPAR-modulating medications. In all respects, AMPk is the key regulator of energy expenditure pathways. Once the true role of AMPk mediated, Insulin-independent glucose metabolism is elucidated, PPAR-y/a modulation becomes of secondary concern (though, it is still important to keep in mind AMPk mediated PPAR-a induction in skeletal muscle, leading to increased FA oxidation, and thereby increases in stamina and endurance). I hope that was exact enough. j/k.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ahaa, D-Fly! That's what I'm talking about! Love your nuggets you bring to the threads, glad you're here! (Plus, I needed to have some feminine input to balance out all the testosterone that's sure to fly around up in here, haha.. ;))

:welcome:

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's why I need the Mulletia up in heah.. :afro:
Hells yeah! Here is an index for all those abbreviations:

PPAR-y (gamma) stands for Peroxisome Proliferated Activated Receptor, and is a subclass in a family of receptor proteins that exert transcriptional control over lipid binding genes and enzymes. This essentially means that it controls the differentiation (unspecialized cells developing into specialized functions; such as preadipocytes differentiating into adipocytes), proliferation (rapid growth and multiplication) and accumulation (plasma triglycerides and FAs bonding to stored adipose) of lipids by regulating the mRNA expression of genes responsible for carrying out these effects.

ACC stands for acetyl-CoA-carboxylase, and is responsible for the carboxylation of Acetyl-CoA into Malonyl-CoA. This process highly regulates the storage of plasma triglycerides, and inhibits the B-Oxidation of FAs by cell mitochondria, as Malonyl-CoA directly inhibits CPT-1: The rate-limiting step for mitochondrial B-Oxidation.

[Did not speak about above, but is important] Malonyl-CoA-decarboxylase performs the exact opposite function of ACC, and catalyzes the conversion of Malonyl-CoA back into Acetyl-CoA and a carbon dioxide emission. It therefore directly increases levels of CPT-1, and subsequently the B-Oxidation of FAs.

Now, all this is important for one, primary factor: AMPk (adenosine monophosphate kinase) exerts transcriptional (limits the mRNA expression of) control of PPAR-y, while also exerting post-translational control over its co-activation factors, as well as directly regulating levels of ACC, Malonyl-CoA-decarboxylase, and therefore levels of Malonyl-CoA and CPT-1. Now, why is that important? Because all of the aforementioned compounds directly regulate the storage of circulating triglycerides and fatty acid chains, and therefore regulate the differentiation and proliferation (growth) of lipids (fat). This is the exact opposite effect one desires when attempting to enter ketosis (Acetyl-CoA directly induces ketone body production by the liver as well) - one desires the inhibited synthesis of triglycerides and cholesterol, the increased B-Oxidation of fatty acids, and the decreased redepositing and accumulation of lipids. By raising AMPk (and research has directly shown ACC and MCD inhibition as well, while Corsolic Acid potently regulates PPAR-y mRNA expression in adipose) AP contributes significantly to effects which are beneficial to Ketosis.

Here is a shorthand legend:

PPAR-y: Peroxisome Proliferated Activated Receptor

Function: Diverse, but in an adipose tissue, lipid-specific respect, it exerts gene expression of lipogenic storage factors (genes which regulate the storage of lipids). Also keep in mind there are three subclasses of PPAR-y: PPAR-y1, PPAR-y2, PPAR-y3. It is Gamma 2 which is dominantly expressed in adipose tissue, and responsible for lipid storage.

ACC: Acetyl-CoA-Carboxylase

Function: Carboxylates Acetyl-CoA into Malonyl-CoA, which subsequently lowers levels of CPT-1, and therein the oxidation of Fatty Acids by mitochondria.

Malonyl-CoA-Decarboxylase [did not speak about this above, but is important]

Function: Decarboxylates Malonyl-CoA into Acetyl-CoA and Carbon Dioxide, thereby raising levels of CPT-1 and increasing mitochondrial oxidation.

Phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase (or PEPCK)

Function: Is the rate-limiting enzymatic step in gluconeogenesis [production of glucose to be metabolized]. Overexpression of this gene may result in NIDDM, and AMPk regulates PEPCK via transcription [limits the synthesis of RNA/mRNA of....]

Post-Translational: Post-Translational occurs after the mRNA has been transcripted in the originating cell. It is a key step in gene expression, and involves the decoding of mRNA produced in transcription. Saying an enzyme inhibits a certain gene in a post-translational context means it inhibits the the proteins which are theoretically produced as a result of mRNA translation!

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Snag, you are looking straight swole-da-fukk-up!! :head:Dayummmm!!
I can't wait to see the "after" photos.
By Odin's beard, you're gonna look freaky!! :twisted:

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
My scientific professor Mullet.. :box:

I'll have to sit down when I am unencumbered to Mull (couldn't resist that pun) over that.. good stuff tho. I'm working right now, and we've actually had a few customers coming in this morning, so I've been trying to get everything caught up in between helping ppl. Post #2 is complete now I believe..

I've been adding in the supplemental ingredients over the last 2 days, lining training up -- man, I forgot how hard that second dose of Recreate hits me! I thought I'd be safe starting out at 2 prior to training and 1 in the early afternoon, but I had some jitteryness going on yesterday following that second dose. I remember this from when I first did the product back in February. It went away after a few days tho..

The entire stack will kick off Friday. I will outline my protocol for intra/post w/o consumption shortly..

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looking solid Snag! Deffinite some great genes going on here.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Snag, you are looking straight swole-da-fukk-up!! :head:Dayummmm!!
I can't wait to see the "after" photos.
By Odin's beard, you're gonna look freaky!! :twisted:
Ahh, thanx big guy! You guys sure make my deflated ego feel a bit better. I think I look like dogshit personally, but that's what happens when you get steamrolled by a MACK truck! But realistically, I should be filled back up within a few good days of training/eating.

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, Russian here as well. I like the old hammer and sickle. I think it speaks to a time where Russia had a lot of pride and power and pretty much instilled fear in other world superpowers. Union might be dead, but the sybolism is still there. Rocky IV - end of story.
RUSSIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RUSKI SILA!!!