BIGGER, FASTER, STRONGER: Snag's Recipe for a [NATURAL] Recomp, Competition Style!

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ahh, thanx big guy! You guys sure make my deflated ego feel a bit better. I think I look like dogshit personally, but that's what happens when you get steamrolled by a MACK truck! But realistically, I should be filled back up within a few good days of training/eating.
I know what you mean; literally! :lol:

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
Looking swole snag, you should blow real quick with what you are using. How is the pslin treating you so far?

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn I wish I had half that muscle hardness ...

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Looking swole snag, you should blow real quick with what you are using. How is the pslin treating you so far?
Duuude.. love me some Pslin! Such an underrated product.. so versatile too. This morning, since I had to train basically upon waking, I utilized it dumped in my intra w/o concoction (dextrose/trehalose, whey isolate, BCAA's) -- had an excruciating pump! I used it again following training prior to my post w/o drink (Pslin 30 after training; follow 15 minutes later w/ 4 scoops MRI Quick Gainer along with a large grapefruit.. some 120g of carbs shuttled directly to muscle stores.. YEAAAAHHH!! :bb:

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
Duuude.. love me some Pslin! Such an underrated product.. so versatile too. This morning, since I had to train basically upon waking, I utilized it dumped in my intra w/o concoction (dextrose/trehalose, whey isolate, BCAA's) -- had an excruciating pump! I used it again following training prior to my post w/o drink (Pslin 30 after training; follow 15 minutes later w/ 4 scoops MRI Quick Gainer along with a large grapefruit.. some 120g of carbs shuttled directly to muscle stores.. YEAAAAHHH!! :bb:
Nice am going to have to get some of this for a present to myself:lol:

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
All right, so this morning's protocol was kinda make-shift, and certainly won't be utilized if I can help it during the first part of this plan. It works in a crunch tho..

So, the basis of pre/intra/post workout consumption will be this blueprint:

45 minutes prior to training:
3 scoops Jacked
3 PowerFULL
2 Recreate
1 AP

15 minutes prior:
2 TBS Plasmavol
5g BA

Beginning of workout:
10g BCAA, 8g Leucine

Immediately following workout:
3 scoops MRI Anabolic Switch
10g BCAA, 8g Leucine

15 minutes post workout:
1 Pslin

30 minutes post workout:
post workout meal, consisting of a 2:1 ratio of carbs to protein, very little fat in this meal

My basis for this thinking.. I believe foods should be avoided in the 30 minutes following training, so as to maximize bloodflow/nutrient delivery to the muscles. When we're working out, it's been shown that bloodflow is increased 11x that over a relaxed state, and it's also been shown that once you put foods in the stomach, that bloodflow will be interrupted and diverted to the gut to aid the body in its' digestion processes, hence shortening maximal amino acid nutrient delivery in bloodflow that is so precious. This 30 minute window following training is best used to shuttle BCAA's directly to muscle stores imo, and following that up with a large quantity of carbs to slam everything home just makes intellectual sense to me.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So you don't put any fast digesting protein in your post shake...except the BCAAs/Leucine of course?

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
No, the immediate post intake is the BCAA's & leucine. Even an isolate in shake form diverts blood to the gut somewhat..
The Anabolic Switch has 4g EAA and 6g blended creatine in the matrix. I cringe even having the maltodextrin in that product, but this is an experimentation for me.

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
Man if i had the sources to these products it would be incredible, im so jealous snags, What are your opinions on jacked,. how do you rate it as compared to other pre workout supps?

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Man if i had the sources to these products it would be incredible, im so jealous snags, What are your opinions on jacked,. how do you rate it as compared to other pre workout supps?
I think Jacked is awesome! Crisp, clean taste, no fillers, just straight good stuff. Incredible price for what it is. The 3 scoops has been setting me off righteously; then when I added the Recreate in there.. whooa, nice! :thumbsup:

Yeah I've kinda lucked into a hella source at the curent time.. never been able to buy supps at this kind of price before! :woohoo:

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
I think Jacked is awesome! Crisp, clean taste, no fillers, just straight good stuff. Incredible price for what it is. The 3 scoops has been setting me off righteously; then when I added the Recreate in there.. whooa, nice! :thumbsup:

Yeah I've kinda lucked into a hella source at the curent time.. never been able to buy supps at this kind of price before! :woohoo:
I think i need to try some then!!!! Thanks snag, i wont say your my hero it sounds ghey, but your in the running.:thumbsup:

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I think I'm gonna dig this Diesel Test Hardcore.. started that on Monday, already noticing some random military-esque standing at attention! ;)

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great posts, Mullet! :thumbsup:

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Hey Snag, I hear what you're saying about the isolate protein still not being as efficient as people think for post-workout recovery. I want to know what your opinion is on hydrolyzed whey/casein, like that of VPX's NO-Synthesize intra-workout drink. I used to drink Oryx Goat Whey intra-workout and it actually worked really well, as it is pretty much predigested and very bio-avail for humans.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great posts, Mullet! :thumbsup:
Thank-you! In 1-2 years [mark my word] AMPk-inducing drugs will be the preferred energy-modulating, weight management [singular] modalities, as well an illicit compound of choice for those wishing to gain an edge. Despite the contentions of detractors, AP operates at a level of sophistication just now being realized in Pharmaceutical applications.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hey Snag, I hear what you're saying about the isolate protein still not being as efficient as people think for post-workout recovery. I want to know what your opinion is on hydrolyzed whey/casein, like that of VPX's NO-Synthesize intra-workout drink. I used to drink Oryx Goat Whey intra-workout and it actually worked really well, as it is pretty much predigested and very bio-avail for humans.
Hmm, don't know much about that particular product.. doesn't look too bad. Doesn't appear to have a ton of magnesium in it.. VPX as a line tho, I think is overpriced..
I like the hydrolyzed whey/casein complex tho. Isolate has it's uses, but I think the majority of the time it's used improperly.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thank-you! In 1-2 years [mark my word] AMPk-inducing drugs will be the preferred energy-modulating, weight management [singular] modalities, as well an illicit compound of choice for those wishing to gain an edge. Despite the contentions of detractors, AP operates at a level of sophistication just now being realized in Pharmaceutical applications.
AP.. FTW!! :head: Should be the ground-floor basis of every solid plan..

tim1985

tim1985

Awards
  • Established
AP.. FTW!! :head: Should be the ground-floor basis of every solid plan..
I would like to use AP again, but its too expensive and gave me minimal results for the money:sad: Im glad it works well for you though:head:

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
I would like to use AP again, but its too expensive and gave me minimal results for the money:sad: Im glad it works well for you though:head:
I'm going to use it for my semi-carb-up to get my thyroid optimized. AP + P-Slin for the win. Hopefully I don't charge to the toilet as bad as the last time, but I think I'll be good if I don't dose the AP too close together.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
All right, time to close the shop up for the day, so I'll be signing off..
On my way out the AM door, just want to touch on the whole 'storm' theme my thread took on at the beginning: I was inspired by the huge ice storm that hit our area last Friday, left some 80,000 ppl without power (counting my blessings that I wasn't one of 'em). I guess 35,000 are still without power still, won't get it back till like Friday, so my thoughts are with them as so many will be displaced for Christmas. I'm counting my many blessings this holiday season, looking forward to spending the time with family.
Temperatures eased today, getting up into the upper 30's (just 2 days ago it was -34 overnight with the wind chill), and the rain has thawed things out somewhat, so hopefully that'll help the electric guys work..
But this Snag-force Storm is still a-brewin', getting ready to hit with a ferociousness that knows no bounds! Forecasts have this monstrosity hitting Friday.. lookout AM-land!

In the meantime, Merry Christmas to all you guys (and gal ;)), may the spirit be with you & yours this Holiday season!

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
On my way out the AM door, just want to touch on the whole 'storm' theme my thread took on at the beginning: I was inspired by the huge ice storm that hit our area last Friday, left some 80,000 ppl without power (counting my blessings that I wasn't one of 'em). I guess 35,000 are still without power still, won't get it back till like Friday, so my thoughts are with them as so many will be displaced for Christmas. I'm counting my many blessings this holiday season, looking forward to spending the time with family.
Temperatures eased today, getting up into the upper 30's (just 2 days ago it was -34 overnight with the wind chill), and the rain has thawed things out somewhat, so hopefully that'll help the electric guys work..
But this Snag-force Storm is still a-brewin', getting ready to hit with a ferociousness that knows no bounds! Forecasts have this monstrosity hitting Friday.. lookout AM-land!

In the meantime, Merry Christmas to all you guys (and gal ;)), may the spirit be with you & yours this Holiday season!
Merry Chritmas to all as well, hey what are the benefits to your workout Snag?

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
But this Snag-Force of Green Storm is still a-brewin', getting ready to hit with a ferociousness that knows no bounds! Forecasts have this monstrosity hitting Friday.. lookout AM-land!

Good call, man. Good call. :head:

tim1985

tim1985

Awards
  • Established
I'm going to use it for my semi-carb-up to get my thyroid optimized. AP + P-Slin for the win. Hopefully I don't charge to the toilet as bad as the last time, but I think I'll be good if I don't dose the AP too close together.
Good luck with that bro. Pslin did absolutely nothing for me, so once again.... Im glad it works for you guys:thumbsup:

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Good luck with that bro. Pslin did absolutely nothing for me, so once again.... Im glad it works for you guys:thumbsup:
Thanks man. P-Slin worked great for me, though now I'm reading that about half a dozen people I know whom are taken it say that their recent P-Slin product isn't doing anything for them. Metroba took like 1,000mg empty stomach and didn't go hypo at all... but I think it'll work out aight ;)

tim1985

tim1985

Awards
  • Established
Thanks man. P-Slin worked great for me, though now I'm reading that about half a dozen people I know whom are taken it say that their recent P-Slin product isn't doing anything for them. Metroba took like 1,000mg empty stomach and didn't go hypo at all... but I think it'll work out aight ;)
Thats really strange man... Bad batch maybe? Or can a person build a tolerance to that stuff? :think:

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Thats really strange man... Bad batch maybe? Or can a person build a tolerance to that stuff? :think:
I'm not sure really. I guess that one can build a tolerance to pretty much anything, ya know?

tim1985

tim1985

Awards
  • Established
I'm not sure really. I guess that one can build a tolerance to pretty much anything, ya know?
Yeah, I would think so. Mullet stayed on for like 2+ years though... so now I don''t know what to think:think:

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
Hahahaaa.. yeah from cycled off damn near everything, to this.. oooohh but it's gonna be fun!

You know, there's some things - like the NO2 Black - that are fluff; I don't necessarily buy into the whole nitric oxide thing, it's definitely not a requirement, but it came in a box set of stuff I purchased and was practically free, so I mean wth? :shrug: Anyways, I love the physical feeling of the pump! Which, I think this Plasmavol will deliver btw. I've always had tremendous pump results slamming glycerol, and the whole drawing water into the muscle thing (and thus nutrients as well) intrigues me.

I'm motivated bro! Rested, recovered, & recharged!
I don't doubt that for one second, bro ! You're gonna tear it up this time around .. That stack looks yummy, and screams out 'RESULTS' !!!

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, I would think so. Mullet stayed on for like 2+ years though... so now I don''t know what to think:think:
I switched in a manner such that I was never using AP and P-Slin concurrently for more than a few weeks. So, while I was modulating essentially the same pathways of an overarching biological system [production and consumption of lipids and glucose] I was doing so in different manners. My use would look like this, for example:

Week 1: AP
Week 2: AP
Week 3: AP
Week 4: AP + P-Slin
Week 5: AP + P-Slin
Week 6: P-Slin
Week 7: P-Slin
Week 8: P-Slin
Week 9: P-Slin + AP

and so on.

tim1985

tim1985

Awards
  • Established
I switched in a manner such that I was never using AP and P-Slin concurrently for more than a few weeks. So, while I was modulating essentially the same pathways of an overarching biological system [production and consumption of lipids and glucose] I was doing so in different manners. My use would look like this, for example:

Week 1: AP
Week 2: AP
Week 3: AP
Week 4: AP + P-Slin
Week 5: AP + P-Slin
Week 6: P-Slin
Week 7: P-Slin
Week 8: P-Slin
Week 9: P-Slin + AP

and so on.
Alright, thanks for that man.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
I am in. Hoping to get some tips for this since I am in this same mode right now. Good luck! Merry christmas and happy holidays to everyone!

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Alright, thanks for that man.
No problem. I would think 4-6 weeks is the maximum AUC (area under curve) for any supplement to exert peak effects; AP, P-Slin and the entire USP Labs being included. I say peak as the effects may continue for sometime after, and some may have been present prior to this 4-6 week period, but they most likely were not of a substantial nature.

For example, if ones uses a product for 8 weeks, the first week was most likely an accumulation of actives to peak serum levels, the next 6 weeks were AUC proportionate to peak, and the last week involved dissipation and desensitization.

Essentially, if you are cycling compounds you will [hopefully] mitigate some of this desensitization. Specific to AP and P-Slin, you switch between preferential energy use and [to a certain degree] glucose-specific mechanisms, between Insulin-Independent [AMPk and all its substrates] and Insulin-Dependent [IR and IR subsets] mechanisms.

I can say this approach was effective for me, if only because I am afforded unlimited access to the products in question. This unlimited access has allowed me to accumulate both a conceptual and experiential knowledge of the products such that I have been able to successfully apply theory to practice!

Given enough time I could most likely reverse negative responses to positive ones [and have in certain occasions], though the format of an Internet Forum and my preoccupation with other USPlabs-related activities do not afford me enough time to create and maintain necessarily-detailed individual approaches. Anyway, I'm ****ing blabbing.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Mullet, I'm using the AP/P-Slin and some R-ALA for coming off of DNP (kills glycogen and has a thyroid lowering effect)... With 1 AP and 1 P-Slin, do you think that a meal containing 60 grams carbs from rice, 30 from raisins, and 15-20 from kefir/yogurt will be a sufficient amount for the effects of P-Slin and AP?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DNP uncouples oxidative phosphorylation, and as a result the body readily oxidizes both its oxidative substrates [lipids and carbohydrates]. Interestingly enough, it does this through AMPk/p38 MAPK regulation. DNP-mediated glucose uptake has been clinically shown to operate via AMPk: Essentially, as DNP exerts its protonic effects, the AMP: ATP ratio is altered and the body reacts by allosterically activating AMPk to respond to the low energy yield.

Anyway, the issue with utilizing AP post hoc of DNP is this: AP may exacerbate some of the oxidative stress initially induced by DNP. In normal situations the production of ROS due to AP-mediated increases in lipid phosphorylation would be negligible; however, this is not a normal situation! While DNP's role in terms of oxidative-stress is up for debate [in certain cell lines] I would still be careful.

If you choose AP I would utilize therapeutic doses of Vitamin E. In terms of your question, that level of CHO looks adequate.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone!

P slin might have done something..I did an unsponsered log with yellow gold about a year or so ago. would be best if I did one again..not anytime soon though. maybe in the future.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established

DTHC has the Timber stamp of approval. :lol: I'm sure you're going to love the stuff.

Speaking of this weather... are you in the Boston area? Its miserable in New York... Cold as all hell.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
^^^X2 for you and your family as well Snag!!

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Traps and shoulders are looking mean... huge visual difference in a couple days.

This is going to be a cool ass log.

:twisted:

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree with Timber..noticeable difference!! How different is your supplementation around your w/o now compared to the past?

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
Hey Steve, will you be posting your diet as well as your training routine in this log ?? I might have missed it if someone else asked the same question.

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
Snags im impressed, and am now feeling rather inadequate...my arms look like spaghetti...

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Four words, Macho Man Randy Savage, "hoooo-yeeeaaah!!"

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
Snags im impressed, and am now feeling rather inadequate...my arms look like spaghetti...
My arms look like strings hanging from my sleeves compared to Steves :( lol

.. I rhymed :D

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
My arms look like strings hanging from my sleeves compared to Steves :( lol
Lol at least thats 2 of us, im sure mine are smaller than yours...my arms just to reiterate.

That was a cool rhyme, it was all in time, and on one line, nice

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Sorry about the delay guys, today was Christmas with my side of the fam.. should be able to be more reponsive going forward..

Traps and shoulders are looking mean... huge visual difference in a couple days.

This is going to be a cool ass log.

:twisted:
Thanks bro. Definitely filling up quickly. Also, I had a few cheats yesterday that probably impacted my pump this morning. I do have to say tho, the pump from the Plasmavol along with my other ingredients are getting the job done. Almost painful pumps, and strength has been pretty darn decent as well, kinda surprised me. I'll get to those #'s here shortly..

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I agree with Timber..noticeable difference!! How different is your supplementation around your w/o now compared to the past?
Well, what I'm doing now is not drasticly different from what I've previously done, just different products involved. As far as nutrient timing post w/o, I've been doing that for awhile. I switch things up tho when I cycle off BCAA"s and the like.

I will note that I did make a change this morning: I decided to pull out Nitro E8 for my EAA supplementation pre/post workout, and so in turn decided upon different leucine dosing:
6 Nitro E8 beginning workout, + 5g leucine
Mid workout (today I knew at the 30 minute mark I was about 1/2 way done, so I popped 'em here): 5g leucine
Immediately post-workout: 10 Nitro E8, 3 scoops Anabolic Switch

then..
15 minutes post workout: Pslin
30 minutes post workoout: 1 cup oats, 2 scoops MonsterMilk, 1 large grapefruit