And ... Here we go! Lexagon's Journey!

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
This is not part of any set workout, just something I threw together when I saw how busy the gym was.

Leg Press - no clue how heavy the sled is so I'm just posting per side
1pps x 5
70 x 5
80 x 5 ** PR
2pps x 5 ** PR
2pps x 5 ** PR
2pps x 5 ** PR
2pps x 5 ** PR
2pps x 5 ** PR

Calf Raise
140 x 5
160 x 5
180 x 5
200 x 3

Cybex Arc Trainer - 25 mins

*Leg Press, I'm actually pretty sure the whole workout may have been PRs I haven't done the leg press in forever. But it was the only thing open and I figured as long as I get a good leg workout I'm a'ok. I was excited about the 2pps though that's for damn sure!

Sooo yeah the gym was pretty packed. Lots of guys in the free weights. Squat rack was being used the WHOLE time I was there, for legit things, so I couldn't complain. Therefore, I decided to just do a few small things and then hit some cardio. I'll get back to SL on Friday AM when I can kick some major azz as always. I'm aiming for 100lb Squat Friday
Did the leg press for a good quad workout and OMG was it. Calf raises are just fun for me, I don't know why but I love doing them. Then I got the crazy idea to throw the ARC in there, OMG that thing KILLS your legs. I almost gave up like 4 times, but I pushed myself harder every time. By the time I was done I think I sweat at least a gallon and I couldn't feel my legs. Srs, hopped off the machine and had jelly legs. I was happy with it though

I was staaaaaaaarving when I got home

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great workout Lex! I'm having to switch up my workout a bit to rehab my hip as well. But nice job on the PRs and KILL IT on Friday! :)

jiggamanbill

jiggamanbill

Awards
Great workout Lex! I'm having to switch up my workout a bit to rehab my hip as well. But nice job on the PRs and KILL IT on Friday! :)

always good to listen to your body... i used to try to train through the pain when I was younger...stupid move. better to change things for a short period and recover then be out long term

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
I do notice a slight body temp increase. I'm thinking about upping the Ketones to 3x a day. I do notice some good things, mostly water related. I'm going to give it another week at the AM/PM if I don't notice too much more different I'll throw them in the middle of the day (before lunch) probably.

jiggamanbill

jiggamanbill

Awards
I do notice a slight body temp increase. I'm thinking about upping the Ketones to 3x a day. I do notice some good things, mostly water related. I'm going to give it another week at the AM/PM if I don't notice too much more different I'll throw them in the middle of the day (before lunch) probably.
sounds like a good plan... have to figure out what works best for you

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
SL - B

Squats*:
5 x 65
5 x 75
5 x 85
5 x 100 *PR
5 x 100 *PR
5 x 95
5 x 95

OHP:
Still nothing here, I'm going to have to throw some RC exercises in I think.

DLs**:
5 x 95
5 x 115
5 x 135 *PR - Big wheels!

* Squats - so I was excited to get back into my regular routine. The light reps were feeling pretty decent. Got up in the weights and just went for the 100 (goal for today). First set was pretty decent. Second set just didn't feel right. Something felt off. I have no idea what (maybe just mental). So I dropped back down to 95 and those felt much better. Then after the second set of 95's my shoulder felt like it was on fire (probably from how I was holding the bar), I dunno so I stopped one short. I didn't "fail" the squats they just felt off. Think I might stay at 95 for another workout. See if I can workout whatever that was.
** DL's felt really good. Hit the big wheels FINALLY! YAY! Awesome PR right there. Fuarking heavy though. WOW! My hands are still a little sore. Definitely going to need to work on grip if I plan on going much higher!

So yeah, wasn't feeling it this AM. I have no idea what was wrong. Maybe that I got woken up abruptly and an hr later than I had planned, stupid phone alarm. I still made it to the gym with plenty of time, but I think it just threw me off. Wasn't feeling the squats. My shoulder started to burn. So yeah. The DLs felt awesome and my legs are def fatigued, I can tell just sitting here. Which is good! We'll see how Wed & Fri go. I definitely need to start throwing in some RC exercises. I'll have to see what I can manage.

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
Update: I noticed that I was getting really weird headaches last week. I stopped taking the Ketones/Mango for a day, they went away. So then I just took the Ketones no headache. I think I am going to drop the African Mango for now and run the remaining bottle of just the Ketones. I need to focus on getting things done this week and those head aches sucked!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Update: I noticed that I was getting really weird headaches last week. I stopped taking the Ketones/Mango for a day, they went away. So then I just took the Ketones no headache. I think I am going to drop the African Mango for now and run the remaining bottle of just the Ketones. I need to focus on getting things done this week and those head aches sucked!
I took a whole bottles worth ( 2 months) of african mango and did not have this experience.

Back when I first ran raspberry ketones I got a heady feeling and I dont get it anymore

Keep up your hard work Lexagon

jiggamanbill

jiggamanbill

Awards
Workouts are looking good... and you are right... phone alarms suck!

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
I took a whole bottles worth ( 2 months) of african mango and did not have this experience.

Back when I first ran raspberry ketones I got a heady feeling and I dont get it anymore

Keep up your hard work Lexagon
Well I didn't get a headache yesterday on just the Ketones. So I decided this AM to go back to the Ketone/Mango combo, so far so good. Maybe it was just a fluke or allergies or something. We'll see what happens.

Workouts are looking good... and you are right... phone alarms suck!
Haha! They always suck! I never like hearing that alarm.

Nice log Lexagon!! I'm a bit late but definitely here for the ride:)
Great to have you around. Thanks for the support! :D

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
I ended up taking my bike out after work yesterday for a quick 6.8 mi ~32 min ride. Dunno why but I just had to get out and get some exercise in. Felt great! Had to race the sun since its starting to set earlier, but still had enough time to get a decent ride in. :)

Cary K

Cary K

Awards
Im still not a fan of running... I'm flat footed so it gets pretty painful... but I'm a fan now of the stairs... which I never thought I would like
I am flat footed too, so I know how you feel when it comes to running.

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
AM: 2 Rasp Ketones/1 African Mango
Lunch: 2 Rasp Ketones
PM: 2 Raps Ketones/1 African Mango
**Update: No headaches the past few days, going to say those were allergy related**

Random Thrown Together Workout for Wed 8/22

Leg Ext:
45 x 5
60 x 5
75 x 5 * PR
90 x 5 * PR
90 x 5 * PR
90 x 5 * PR
90 x 5 * PR
90 x 5 * PR

Lying Leg Curl
30 x 5
45 x 5
60 x 5
*would have done more, but leg press opened up and gym was busy so I wanted to make sure I got it lol

Leg Press:
45 x 5
70 x 5
80 x 5
90 x 5
90 x 5
90 x 5
90 x 5
90 x 10 * Rep PR

Calf Raise (on LPress)
Sled x 5 - footing check
25 x 10
35 x 10
45 x 10
45 x 20
45 x 20

RC Work (Y-T-F) -
7.5 x 5
7.5 x 5
7.5 x 5
* i did front raises instead of L's - lol and I accidentally picked up the 10lb wait on my right side on the first set - haha!

Cardio:
Arc Trainer - 17mins

Great workout. Decided since my shoulder was still giving me some trouble (and the rack was occupied) that I would just use the other machines for a killer leg workout. And it was just that KILLER! Pushed hard on the Ext and Leg Press. Finally found a comfortable footing for the Press. Then decided to burn out my calves, for fun. That's always a great workout.
Did a little RC work, as noted above I grabbed the 7.5 on the left and 10lb db on the right for my first set - haha. Couldn't figure out why the right felt SOO heavy ... lex had the dum. Surprisingly my shoulders don't hurt too bad this AM. I did fall asleep with the heat pad on my shoulder (yes it has auto shut-off and no I didn't mean to fall asleep). And woke up feeling pretty good. Shoulder was a little stiff, but not super sore like usual.

Rewarded myself with some Froyo after that. And OMG was it good. They had Irish Mint Creme, heaven. If you didn't know i LOVE LOVE LOVE anything mint. Esp mint chocolate chip. Anyway yeah, well worth it. :)

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great workout and way to go on the PR's! Wooooohoooo! Froyo sounds delish! A new place just opened around here and I'm dying to try it out, maybe on a refeed day. :)

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
SL - A

Leg Press -
45 x 5
70 x 5
90 x 5
100 x 5 *PR
100 x 5 *PR
100 x 5 *PR
100 x 5 *PR
100 x 5 *PR
45 x 20 *Rep PR

Bench -
55 x 5
65 x 5
75 x 5
*had to stop shoulder started to hurt

DB Rows -
22.5 x 5
27.5 x 5
30 x 5
35 x 5 *PR
35 x 5 *PR
*again shoulder started to bug me so I left it at that.

Captains Chair -
knee raise x 15
leg raise x 5
knee raise x 10

Pretty good workout over all. Sticking to the LPress for now, as the bar irritates my shoulder on the squats and I'd rather not feel like that right now. Those are going up so at least I'm still getting a good leg workout in each time. I would rather squat, but I'll have to figure something out there first. Bench was just meh - first few sets felt great, but after that one heavier one my shoulder was aching so I stopped. Same thing with rows. Although I did get more sets out of those, thankfully! :) I did the captains chair just to see how my core was doing. Surprisingly it's a lot stronger, which I guess would make sense. Just seems funny since I haven't done any actual core exercises in FOREVER!

jiggamanbill

jiggamanbill

Awards
Well I didn't get a headache yesterday on just the Ketones. So I decided this AM to go back to the Ketone/Mango combo, so far so good. Maybe it was just a fluke or allergies or something. We'll see what happens.

Haha! They always suck! I never like hearing that alarm.

Great to have you around. Thanks for the support! :D
hope you enjoyed the weekend

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
Sunday Workout: Almost forgot to post!
Went on a nice long bike ride this morning. My tude is killing me ... lex will be investing in padded shorts soon! Srs. And probably some cycling shoes, just to make my life easier and not worry about my feet slipping on the longer rides. Despite the sore tude, my legs are feeling wonderful. And the weather wasn't so bad.

22.12 mi ~ 2 hrs

I've drank over a gallon of water today already. Going to be lazy for a little while and then off to yoga w/ some friends around 3. Pretty sure I could use stretching and relaxing! Need to by groceries too, just a few. Maybe that will make grocery shopping more enjoyable.

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is tude what I think it is? Haha :)

What helps when I go grocery shopping is to eat a snack before I leave. That way I'm not walking the aisles feeling famished and end up throwing boxes of pop tarts in my cart lol.

Sunday Workout: Almost forgot to post!
Went on a nice long bike ride this morning. My tude is killing me ... lex will be investing in padded shorts soon! Srs. And probably some cycling shoes, just to make my life easier and not worry about my feet slipping on the longer rides. Despite the sore tude, my legs are feeling wonderful. And the weather wasn't so bad.

22.12 mi ~ 2 hrs

I've drank over a gallon of water today already. Going to be lazy for a little while and then off to yoga w/ some friends around 3. Pretty sure I could use stretching and relaxing! Need to by groceries too, just a few. Maybe that will make grocery shopping more enjoyable.

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
Is tude what I think it is? Haha :)

What helps when I go grocery shopping is to eat a snack before I leave. That way I'm not walking the aisles feeling famished and end up throwing boxes of pop tarts in my cart lol.
Haha yeah, one of my friends refers to it as "bike tude" I forgot to change it, but yeah my butt hurt! :) That's what happens.

Normally I do eat, but I was so tired and relaxed and didn't want to be there anyway so that made my trip a huge success. Plus I'm leaving for vaca on Sat so I didn't want a whole bunch of extra crap sitting around. I just got veggies for the week.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Haha yeah, one of my friends refers to it as "bike tude" I forgot to change it, but yeah my butt hurt! :) That's what happens.

Normally I do eat, but I was so tired and relaxed and didn't want to be there anyway so that made my trip a huge success. Plus I'm leaving for vaca on Sat so I didn't want a whole bunch of extra crap sitting around. I just got veggies for the week.
where you going?

are you seeing any small changes in your physique? (which over time them small changes equal quite noticable changes)

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
where you going?

are you seeing any small changes in your physique? (which over time them small changes equal quite noticable changes)
CT to visit with the parents! :) No work for 9 days .. YAY! :)

Yes small physique changes are definitely there. And I do actually notice that I'm a lot more hungry when I forget to take everything (like today) LOL I meant to pack backups for work, but well I kinda forgot oh well.

Miss Q

Miss Q

Awards
What kind of yoga do you do? I've tried hot yoga and relaxation yoga and the relaxation classes win!! I thought I would die or pass out from the hot classes and honestly all I could think of was "when will this torture end?" :)

jiggamanbill

jiggamanbill

Awards
What kind of yoga do you do? I've tried hot yoga and relaxation yoga and the relaxation classes win!! I thought I would die or pass out from the hot classes and honestly all I could think of was "when will this torture end?" :)
oooh the torture we volunarily sign up for!

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
It's called restorative yoga - it's basically relaxation + lots of stretching! It's a great class that I will gladly pay for. Except this time around I over stretched my right hip flexor (or something) and left in some pain for a couple days. Other than that, great class! I keep wanting to try hot yoga, but never go through with it.

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
Ok I'm finally back. Vacation was great. Rained on and off most of the time I was there. But that's ok, it was a nice change since we don't get rain here much. Had a nice time relaxing, eating and visiting with people.

Now back to the grind . haha!

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
Plans for the Week:

We're in massive OT mode at work right now, so I'm taking advantage while I can, since it will drop completely in a month or so. That means my training is going to be a little different for the next couple weeks. I'm going to focus on cardio to get myself back into gear.

Will be trying to get a bike ride of some sort in at least 4-5 days a week (3-4 during the week and one longer on the weekend). Hoping this will get me back into the right mentality and give my body a little more time to rehab. Shoulder is still bugging me a little, but the time off seems to be helping it. Plus I have a 5k coming up on the 29th - Color me Rad :) That's the same race I did earlier this year - different location. Anyway that's what's going on.

I'm continuing to use the African Mango (ran out of Rasp Ketones).

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
Plans for the Week:

We're in massive OT mode at work right now, so I'm taking advantage while I can, since it will drop completely in a month or so. That means my training is going to be a little different for the next couple weeks. I'm going to focus on cardio to get myself back into gear.

Will be trying to get a bike ride of some sort in at least 4-5 days a week (3-4 during the week and one longer on the weekend). Hoping this will get me back into the right mentality and give my body a little more time to rehab. Shoulder is still bugging me a little, but the time off seems to be helping it. Plus I have a 5k coming up on the 29th - Color me Rad :) That's the same race I did earlier this year - different location. Anyway that's what's going on.

I'm continuing to use the African Mango (ran out of Rasp Ketones).

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
Yesterday's Ride:
10.5 mi ~ 55mins Just a quick ride as I had to beat the sunset :) My light for the bike is in the mail and there's no street lights on the path (odd, but oh well) Made it home just in time haha!

jiggamanbill

jiggamanbill

Awards
Ok I'm finally back. Vacation was great. Rained on and off most of the time I was there. But that's ok, it was a nice change since we don't get rain here much. Had a nice time relaxing, eating and visiting with people.

Now back to the grind . haha!
always nice to get to relax for a bit

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
Saturday: 21 mile bike ride ~ 1.55 hrs

Total of ~60mi for the week. Yay!

made it 1 full week without a tire deflating until Sat just after I got done with my bike ride. If another one goes this week, I'm changing brands, because this is getting crazy.

jiggamanbill

jiggamanbill

Awards

made it 1 full week without a tire deflating until Sat just after I got done with my bike ride. If another one goes this week, I'm changing brands, because this is getting crazy.
Looks good

sawa3

sawa3

Awards

What kind of bike are you using?
What are you riding on?
Are you sure it's assembled right? Have you changed the tube also?

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
What kind of bike are you using?
What are you riding on?
Are you sure it's assembled right? Have you changed the tube also?
It's a Trek 8.4 DS (Dual-sport/hybrid type bike)
I usually ride it on the bike path which is paved and pretty smooth. I have taken it out in the dirt before, but oddly enough the tubes lasted longer when I was doing that lol

The bike came assembled from the Trek store. And I have been taking it to my local shop to have the tubes replaced every time. I haven't done it myself as I don't have the tools right now, but will be getting some soon as I can. The guy I usually deal with said it was faulty tubes, which I've read can be a problem with those particular ones. If these ones go again I'm going to go back to the standard tubes (right now I have thorn protection due to the area we live in) and see if that makes a difference. If that doesn't work, well I'll have to find another option, possibly new wheels completely from Trek as I can't imagine it would be anything else. I did let a little air out of each tire last time they were filled thinking they might be a little too hard (we get extreme heat here). We'll see if that helps any.

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
Monday's Ride:
~6.5 mi @ 40 mins - Just a quick ride to Target to pick up some essentials. Haha yeah a little weird, but was better than driving.

Wednesday's Ride:
~11.5 mi @ 65 mins - Felt great to be able to ride early in the AM again (was doing early AM OT at work for the last week or so). Got a great ride in and woke me up for the day! YAY!

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I feel inspired to air up the tires on my bike! :D

sawa3

sawa3

Awards
It's a Trek 8.4 DS (Dual-sport/hybrid type bike)
I usually ride it on the bike path which is paved and pretty smooth. I have taken it out in the dirt before, but oddly enough the tubes lasted longer when I was doing that lol

The bike came assembled from the Trek store. And I have been taking it to my local shop to have the tubes replaced every time. I haven't done it myself as I don't have the tools right now, but will be getting some soon as I can. The guy I usually deal with said it was faulty tubes, which I've read can be a problem with those particular ones. If these ones go again I'm going to go back to the standard tubes (right now I have thorn protection due to the area we live in) and see if that makes a difference. If that doesn't work, well I'll have to find another option, possibly new wheels completely from Trek as I can't imagine it would be anything else. I did let a little air out of each tire last time they were filled thinking they might be a little too hard (we get extreme heat here). We'll see if that helps any.
I check my air pressure every time I ride. We have 6 treks in our garage. Love them. Love our store. They can show you how to change. I would suggest going with standard ones.
My dad owns a Nike store now that sells felt and mazi and a few other bikes. Those are pretty sweet. Not much better than a good quality bike with good service.

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
I feel inspired to air up the tires on my bike! :D
no kidding!
You should!! :) I love riding my bike. I would much rather do that than run at this point. Plus it still gives a great leg workout (for me at least)

I check my air pressure every time I ride. We have 6 treks in our garage. Love them. Love our store. They can show you how to change. I would suggest going with standard ones.
My dad owns a Nike store now that sells felt and mazi and a few other bikes. Those are pretty sweet. Not much better than a good quality bike with good service.
I've been doing that recently, checking the pressure. I have always had a Trek. I had to go out of town to get this one, but it was worth it and does have a years worth of service. So I may head down there soon just to have it checked. Might as well. One more blow-out and I'm going back to the standard tubes. :)

The place I take it does carry Trek, as well as Cannondale, Specialized and quite a few others. The guy I deal with is super cool and knows his stuff.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Still hitting the weights in the gym?

how is upper body strength?

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
Still hitting the weights in the gym?

how is upper body strength?
Honestly I haven't been lifting recently. Once I started having shoulder issues, I stopped for a little while to see if rest would help and I have to say that it really has. I plan on keeping with just cardio until the end of the Sept and then slowly adding weights back in. My shoulder has been feeling great, so I'm hoping it just needed a good break. I do miss the gym.

Upper body doesn't seem to have lost much steam from what I can tell, but I'll find out soon enough. :)

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
Friday's Ride:
~14mi @ 75 mins - this was supposed to be done last night, but I was having a cruddy afternoon and just wanted to go home. Which I did! So I got one in this morning instead. Loving the cool AM's that's for sure.

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
[size=+2]Saturday's Bike Ride of EPIC propotions and never ending miles[/size]

Oh yeah today's ride was for sure Epic! I rented a road bike as I mentioned earlier this week and figured I would shoot for 25miles (since that's a little over what I normally do on Sat rides). I got to the end of the path in one direction and headed back (22 mi round trip), then I made it back to the rental place (it's on the bike path) and decided to go for just a few more miles I wasn't ready to give it back yet. Made a HUGE difference in riding and my tude/legs weren't tired enough yet. Kept riding, kept telling myself just a little farther, just kept going. Finally I was 5 miles from the end of the bike path in the other direction shaking my head laughing at myself. Made it to that end, sat down, had some pixie stix, 1/2 a protein bar, some gatorade, water, and relaxed for a little bit. Then hopped back up on the bike and rode back to turn my wheels in.

[size=+1]Total Trip: ~42mi @ 3.5 hrs <---- yes totally serious. Have a MapMyRide to prove it if you don't believe me.[/size]

Yeah I was feeling crazy today and pushed and pushed, funny thing is my legs didn't start to get really tired until the last 5-8 miles but then I was exhausted.
So far since then I have had a bagel, taken a 3.5 hr nap (haha). I'm heading out to pick up pizza and relax at home with pizza/beer! I might even go get a piece or pie or cake - I think I've earned it. Was soooooo much fun! Legs are super-duper tired right now. But other than that I'm good! And yes padded bike shorts are awesome, new padded gloves were awesome!

Today .... Icing my knees, they are really sore! But otherwise I'm fine. YAY! :D

sawa3

sawa3

Awards
Saturday's Bike Ride of EPIC propotions and never ending miles

Oh yeah today's ride was for sure Epic! I rented a road bike as I mentioned earlier this week and figured I would shoot for 25miles (since that's a little over what I normally do on Sat rides). I got to the end of the path in one direction and headed back (22 mi round trip), then I made it back to the rental place (it's on the bike path) and decided to go for just a few more miles I wasn't ready to give it back yet. Made a HUGE difference in riding and my tude/legs weren't tired enough yet. Kept riding, kept telling myself just a little farther, just kept going. Finally I was 5 miles from the end of the bike path in the other direction shaking my head laughing at myself. Made it to that end, sat down, had some pixie stix, 1/2 a protein bar, some gatorade, water, and relaxed for a little bit. Then hopped back up on the bike and rode back to turn my wheels in.

Total Trip: ~42mi @ 3.5 hrs <---- yes totally serious. Have a MapMyRide to prove it if you don't believe me.

Yeah I was feeling crazy today and pushed and pushed, funny thing is my legs didn't start to get really tired until the last 5-8 miles but then I was exhausted.
So far since then I have had a bagel, taken a 3.5 hr nap (haha). I'm heading out to pick up pizza and relax at home with pizza/beer! I might even go get a piece or pie or cake - I think I've earned it. Was soooooo much fun! Legs are super-duper tired right now. But other than that I'm good! And yes padded bike shorts are awesome, new padded gloves were awesome!

Today .... Icing my knees, they are really sore! But otherwise I'm fine. YAY! :D
Wtg! No trek road bike? ;)

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
Wtg! No trek road bike? ;)
Haha, I would have rathered, but the only place in town that I know of that rents is a major Giant dealer! ;)

jiggamanbill

jiggamanbill

Awards
Honestly I haven't been lifting recently. Once I started having shoulder issues, I stopped for a little while to see if rest would help and I have to say that it really has. I plan on keeping with just cardio until the end of the Sept and then slowly adding weights back in. My shoulder has been feeling great, so I'm hoping it just needed a good break. I do miss the gym.

Upper body doesn't seem to have lost much steam from what I can tell, but I'll find out soon enough. :)
always good to listen to your body