Rows**:
5 x 45
5 x 50
5 x 55
5 x 55
5 x 55
5 x 55
5 x 55

* Form is finally feeling much better. Right hip area was a little tight, but I think I got it stretched/worked out. I was able to up weights so I'm happy about that.
** Finally starting to feel better about these as well. I think part of my problem was that I was hunching my shoulders a little, must remember to pull them back

Another awesome feeling workout. The volume is starting to get up there, but it feels great. Felt a little bit of trouble on the last set of squats, but was able to push through. Haven't gotten stuck yet, so I'll keep pushing along Bench is feeling good, ready to get into some higher weights. Gym was empty by the time I got to the rows. Form is definitely starting to pick up there. They feel much better. Contemplated riding my bike to the gym this AM, but was too tired. Think I might try on Monday - it's only a mi and would take me all of like 5 mins probably.

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice! Looking good, and the bike ride would be a nice warm up as well. :) I remember SL mentioning shoulder dislocations to improve flexibility in that area as well. :)

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yep before every leg workout generally, I do 10 mins on the bike to warm up the knees, then about 5-10 mins of stretching, hip mobility, then start warming up lightly

Keep it up Lexagon

jiggamanbill

jiggamanbill

Awards
Oh yeah, I am not looking to get injured trust me. I've been out enough because of stupid things (life, sunburn, etc) I don't need any problems due to laziness. Mon workout everything felt great. We'll see how tomorrows goes. Weights are slowly climbing up :)
slowly climbing is still progress!!!!!

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
No workout today - day off! :)

However, my Magic Matcha did come in last night ... YUM! Exactly as I remember it. Have to use a little less water as I LOVE strong green tea, but it's definitely great stuff. Excited!

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
Unexpected Thurs Bike Ride:

10 mi ~ 1 hr

Mostly in the dirt .. and I rode hard (<--- cracking up). It was an awesome ride, I had a lot of fun with it. Glad I went Even though it was 98 - I had a lot of water with me no worries.

jiggamanbill

jiggamanbill

Awards
Unexpected Thurs Bike Ride:

10 mi ~ 1 hr

Mostly in the dirt .. and I rode hard (<--- cracking up). It was an awesome ride, I had a lot of fun with it. Glad I went Even though it was 98 - I had a lot of water with me no worries.
unexpected 10 miles.... DANG! Good work

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
unexpected 10 miles.... DANG! Good work
Ha! Have I never mentioned that once I get on my bike nothing else exists, I end up riding until my legs are so tired they don't want to anymore. I can typically get close to about 20mi on the weekends. Easy peasy. I LOVE riding my bike.

jiggamanbill

jiggamanbill

Awards
Ha! Have I never mentioned that once I get on my bike nothing else exists, I end up riding until my legs are so tired they don't want to anymore. I can typically get close to about 20mi on the weekends. Easy peasy. I LOVE riding my bike.
I think I need to start riding a bike!

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
Saturday's Workout -

SL - B

Squats:
5 x 45
5 x 55
5 x 60
5 x 60
5 x 60
5 x 60
5 x 60

OHP**:
5 x 45
5 x 50
5 x 55
5 x 55
5 x 55
5 x 55
5 x 55

DLs:
5 x 65
5 x 85

Rode bike to and from gym (about 3 miles total). The ride there was great, warmed up my legs felt good .... ride home ... bahahahahaha! Yeah that was a little harder. Since I killed my legs at gym today! I felt like I could have gone forever. Had a great gym session! Rawr!

** This may be my sticking weight right now, they were tough, but I'll still up the 5lbs next time and see what happens. But they are getting rough.

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
Today's Impromtu Workout -

Cleaned, organized and re-arranged my storage unit. Gah that was annoying. But now I can get to everything.
However, it is now clean and organized ... YAY! 2 hrs later.

Then I celebrated with PANCAKES! And a bowl of watermelon ... LOL Exciting times in Lex land.

jiggamanbill

jiggamanbill

Awards
Today's Impromtu Workout -

Cleaned, organized and re-arranged my storage unit. Gah that was annoying. But now I can get to everything.
However, it is now clean and organized ... YAY! 2 hrs later.

Then I celebrated with PANCAKES! And a bowl of watermelon ... LOL Exciting times in Lex land.
haha

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
SL-B

Squats*:
5 x 50
5 x 60
5 x 65
5 x 65
5 x 65
5 x 65
5 x 65

Bench:
5 x 50
5 x 55
5 x 60
5 x 60
5 x 60
5 x 60
5 x 60

Rows**:
5 x 50
5 x 55
5 x 60
5 x 60
5 x 60
5 x 60
5 x 60

~3.5 mi bike ride - to gym and back. I'm really enjoying this addition. A little cardio and a great warm-up/cool-down. It's not a hard ride everything is completely flat! And it's a really easy ride.

* Legs were still a little sore from the weekend. I'm used to having 2 days off, but I worked out Sat (instead of Fri). I think cleaning/reorganizing yesterday did them in a little too. Lots of lifting heavy boxes. In4 Lex OHPing boxes in the storage unit .. LOL
** The last set of 5 of these were pretty rough. I was just tired by then, but it was ok I still managed to get all of them. I was just a little tired.

Great workout. Felt awesome today even though my hams were kinda sore for some reason (right leg mostly). I did a good amount of stretching and then crushed everything. The weights are starting to get heavier, I can feel it. BP feels really good, finally doesn't feel like I'm going to throw the bar, LOL! Squats are coming along nicely. And rows are getting there. Gym was SUPER empty early in the AM, which was even nicer. Didn't have to fight anyone for anything. Actually saw some ladies pushing good sized DB's ... then saw another doing 1/8 squats .. srs

Looking forward to having tomorrow off. I can tell I'm going to be sore ... hehe!

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
are you seeing small changes in the mirror?
I can see changes in my calves and small changes in my arms. Mid section is a little slower, but it's coming along. I expect that by mid Aug I should see some better progress. I'll have to take some measurements. I keep forgetting.

jiggamanbill

jiggamanbill

Awards
I can see changes in my calves and small changes in my arms. Mid section is a little slower, but it's coming along. I expect that by mid Aug I should see some better progress. I'll have to take some measurements. I keep forgetting.
small changes are changes and progress!

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
SL - B

Squats:
5 x 55
5 x 65
5 x 70
5 x 70
5 x 70
5 x 70
5 x 70

OHP**:
5 x 45
5 x 55
3 x 60 *
5 x 55
5 x 55
5 x 55
5 x 55

DLs**:
5 x 75
5 x 95

* OHP - only got 3 @ 60lbs ... and I BARELY got that 3rd one. Deload back to 55 and I was fine. Looks like I will do another week at 55 for now and try the 60 after that. I have no idea why it was SOOOO much heavier but it was. You know come to think of it I wonder if I had 65 on there, lol wouldn't be surprised. May I'll try 60 again just in case lol

** Got really excited that I was able to use the 25lb plates. Sure it's not the 45's but the little things make me smile right about now. 95lbs felt good, excited to start getting into the higher weights.

Great workout. Seemed to go by kinda quick I have no idea why. I wasn't rushing or anything, I just felt good. Decided to try something different and take .5 scoop of Gluta before and the other .5 post. So far it seems to be working great. Hardly any muscle fatigue during the workout. The only time I felt it was when I was geared too low on my bike going home and had to force it. Felt really good throughout everything. Squats are going amazingly well. I'm not bummed about the OHP I knew that would happen and really I think I might have f'd up on the weight. Hehe ooops! Silly me.

jiggamanbill

jiggamanbill

Awards
SL - B

Squats:
5 x 55
5 x 65
5 x 70
5 x 70
5 x 70
5 x 70
5 x 70

OHP**:
5 x 45
5 x 55
3 x 60 *
5 x 55
5 x 55
5 x 55
5 x 55

DLs**:
5 x 75
5 x 95

* OHP - only got 3 @ 60lbs ... and I BARELY got that 3rd one. Deload back to 55 and I was fine. Looks like I will do another week at 55 for now and try the 60 after that. I have no idea why it was SOOOO much heavier but it was. You know come to think of it I wonder if I had 65 on there, lol wouldn't be surprised. May I'll try 60 again just in case lol

** Got really excited that I was able to use the 25lb plates. Sure it's not the 45's but the little things make me smile right about now. 95lbs felt good, excited to start getting into the higher weights.

Great workout. Seemed to go by kinda quick I have no idea why. I wasn't rushing or anything, I just felt good. Decided to try something different and take .5 scoop of Gluta before and the other .5 post. So far it seems to be working great. Hardly any muscle fatigue during the workout. The only time I felt it was when I was geared too low on my bike going home and had to force it. Felt really good throughout everything. Squats are going amazingly well. I'm not bummed about the OHP I knew that would happen and really I think I might have f'd up on the weight. Hehe ooops! Silly me.
give it another try and see what happens!

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
give it another try and see what happens!
I will when it comes around again on Monday :) I never give up I'll always try again. Because you never know! :D

Thanks Kix! :)

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I will when it comes around again on Monday :) I never give up I'll always try again. Because you never know! :D

Thanks Kix! :)
exactly keep pushing through them barriers

when a person is weak on an exercise just adding small increments over many months can add up to some MAJOR changes!

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
Pre: 2 scoop Con-Cret Pineapple & 1 Scoop Beta-Cret Pineapple & .5 scoop Gluta-Tren Orange Creme
Intra: 3 scoop RP

SL-B

Squats*:
5 x 55
5 x 65
5 x 75
5 x 75
5 x 75
5 x 75
5 x 75

Bench*:
5 x 55
5 x 65
5 x 70
5 x 70
5 x 70
5 x 70
5 x 70

Rows**:
5 x 50
5 x 60
5 x 65
5 x 65
5 x 65
5 x 65
5 x 65

~5.5 mi bike ride - to gym, then Target and back. Long story short since I was already on the bike I decided to run to Target real quick and get some draino because nobody else in my house seems to care that the tub is clogged. And the gym is 1/2 way there. So I just took an extra ride, legs .... are ... toast now. :D

* hehe, so I had a math malfunction and actually added 5lbs too much on the bench. I couldn't figure out why it felt a little heavier than usual, but I got through it. Guess that's a good thing.

So I get to the gym a little later than usual, because I was sleepy. Hoping that everyone who usually goes on Sat AM's is already cleared out. Of course not, everyone was going later. There's this guy that is there sometimes, lifts decent weight, but does these weird circuits. Walk in, he's in the rack, ok fine whatever, then I notice he's also got 2 of the 3 other oly bars set up behind him. Ugh. I stretch, he doesn't finish, so I decide to bench first, he should be done before I am..... still not done ... wtfareyoudoingoverthere.jpg Then I suck it up and do rows, not happy that I have to squat last. Do rows, srs guy is still not done. Finally he brings one bar back so I figured sweeeet! Finish rows ... walk over to the rack ... bertstare.jpg different guy CURLING! Stretch for a few, stare at him, finally ask him how much longer he says just a minute or 2. Then thankfully he wasn't a dbag and asks if I wanted to squat, I said yes. He moved the extra bar out of the way and let me in. He even unracked the other guys weights. I thanked him, nice guy. Well done sir.

^^Pretty sure that was all just ramble. But you get the idea.

On a more upbeat note I just noticed that Monday I will hit my first squat PR :D I'm excited about that. I think all my rows are PRs since you know I've never done them ;)

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
SL - B

Squats*:
5 x 60
5 x 70
5 x 80* PR
5 x 80
5 x 80
5 x 80
5 x 80

OHP**:
5 x 45
5 x 55
5 x 60
4 x 60
3 x 60 - barely got 3
5 x 55
5 x 55

DLs***:
5 x 75
5 x 95
5 x 105

* Squat PR .. YAY! :) Finally hit 80 and it wasn't too bad. I could definitely feel it though. Had to do these after my OHP's because yet again rack was being used.
** Still struggling with the 60. However, I did get more in this time so that has to be a good thing. My shoulders were still really sore/stiff from Sat. Plus I did some lifting/cleaning on Sun. I dunno. I think 60 is my sticking point for now. I'm going to try it one more time and hope for the best.
*** Heavy! But felt great! Next DL round I should hit a PR as well.

Workout was pretty good, even though I woke-up exhausted. I dunno what the deal is. I need to get some more sleep, I'm just not tired at night. Which is a major downside of working out in the AM for me. Wakes me up, but then at night I have excess energy. Felt kinda like just an OK work-out. I mean I did get a PR in Squats (awesome). But the rest felt I dunno just off a little. Admittedly I didn't eat much yesterday and I think that might have effected it since I train fasted.

On a side note: I have barely had any DOMs after the last few workouts. Apparently the ProMera stack is definitely doing it's job and that is awesome! :D

I'm going to take off until next Wed, since I leave for vaca on Thurs night. I'll take the bike out on Wed and get in a good ride since I haven't been able to do that for a while. And then pick up back on SL-A on Wed Aug 1 :) I need to focus on getting some sleep and relaxing a little. Although I do love the gym. We'll see if that lasts. I just feel off. My nutrition hasn't been so great either though. Guess I have some re-adjusting to do. Haha!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
is that 80 lbs?

keep up the good work and awesome youve got a squat PR-keep pushing through!

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
is that 80 lbs?

keep up the good work and awesome youve got a squat PR-keep pushing through!
Yes 80lbs. It's a huge improvement for me! :)

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
Well the plan is that you up Squats by 5lbs every workout - 15lbs a week basically. Eventually that's going to stall, but for now it's been consistent. As are all the other lifts - except OHP, but I'm ok with that. Everyone stalls on the OHP it seems.

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
Today's Work-out:

Pre: 1.5 scoops Con-Cret Pineapple, 1 scoop Beta-Cret Pineapple & .5 scoop Gluta-Tren orange creme
Intra: Plain H2O <--- don't put flavored stuff in my camelback too much cleaning required.

Took a bike ride this AM, wasn't feeiling the gym. My heads just not in it today and I didn't want to risk hurting myself since I'm making such great progress. Figured a nice bike ride would be fine and I'll just pick up where I left off when I get back next week.

10 miles ~ 1hr

Epic fail on the way home when I managed to get a thorn in my tire and ended up with a pin-hole. I managed to make it home fine, tire didn't deflate completely (they are tubeless), so I have to fix that. Just made me kinda blah! Oh well. Felt good to get back in the dirt, forgot how much I love to ride out there. Wasn't my best ride, but it always makes me smile.

sawa3

sawa3

Awards
Hang in there! Keep over coming! Sorry I am slow to keep up...

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
How everything is going well lexagon!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
your doing squats three times a week?

what is gluta tren?

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
Hang in there! Keep over coming! Sorry I am slow to keep up...
No worries, glad to see you checking in! :)

How everything is going well lexagon!
Better than expected most days! :D

your doing squats three times a week?

what is gluta tren?
Yeah, it's part of the Strong Lifts program. It's not as bad as it seems actually.

Gluta-Tren is a recovery product made my ProMera. Between that and RecoverPro my DOMs have been next to nothing.

Quick update: no lifting updates for another few days. I somehow managed to hurt my shoulder (no clue how), just woke up one morning and couldn't move it. So I'm trying to rehab that a little before I try anything. Looks like I won't be OHPing for a while. Grrr! Still need to get my bike tire fixed too!

sawa3

sawa3

Awards
No worries, glad to see you checking in! :)

Better than expected most days! :D

Yeah, it's part of the Strong Lifts program. It's not as bad as it seems actually.

Gluta-Tren is a recovery product made my ProMera. Between that and RecoverPro my DOMs have been next to nothing.

Quick update: no lifting updates for another few days. I somehow managed to hurt my shoulder (no clue how), just woke up one morning and couldn't move it. So I'm trying to rehab that a little before I try anything. Looks like I won't be OHPing for a while. Grrr! Still need to get my bike tire fixed too!
Get well and make sure it's ok before continuing! you don't want to get sidelined for too long! Keep up the hard work though!

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
SL-A

Squats*:
5 x 45
5 x 65
5 x 75
5 x 85 * PR
5 x 85 * PR
5 x 85 * PR
5 x 85 * PR
5 x 85 * PR

Bench*:
No bench today, just not good for the shoulder I tried the motion and I could feel it way too much. No risking injury!

Rows**:
5 x 17.5
5 x 22.5
5 x 25
5 x 25
5 x 25
5 x 25
5 x 25

* More squat PRs. I was actually surprised that I got this up. I was expecting to be a little week after almost 2 weeks off, but I pushed through. The last set of 5 was a little rough, but I still made it. My legs are sore already haha!

** I switched these to DB Rows - I know they aren't the same thing, but they didn't irritate my shoulder at all. And I was able to at least get some type of rows in.

Felt good to get back into the gym despite not being able to bench (which is one of my favs). At least I was able to do something and I feel a little more like myself now. Being lazy for 2 weeks pretty much sucked. Even with vacation thrown in there. Hopefully everything will start to feel better soon. And yes, I've gotten lectured by EVERYONE I know to not overdo it and injure my shoulder even more. So I'm taking it as easy as I can. And I am getting my tire fixed either tonight or tomorrow. I miss my bike!

Got back on track with nutrition too. Got a little crazy, but I'm back and ready to go. Prepped a bunch of food yesterday. So I am all set for the week, no excuses. Got rid of all the "bad" food in the house. Sometimes you just need to reset a little. Gotta get back into better shape before heading to see my parents in Sept

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good job on squats! More PR's = awesome! Especially when you take a break and come back STRONGER than ever. Hope your shoulders aren't too much of a bother! :)

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
SL-A

Squats*:
5 x 45
5 x 65
5 x 75
5 x 85 * PR
5 x 85 * PR
5 x 85 * PR
5 x 85 * PR
5 x 85 * PR

Bench*:
No bench today, just not good for the shoulder I tried the motion and I could feel it way too much. No risking injury!

Rows**:
5 x 17.5
5 x 22.5
5 x 25
5 x 25
5 x 25
5 x 25
5 x 25

* More squat PRs. I was actually surprised that I got this up. I was expecting to be a little week after almost 2 weeks off, but I pushed through. The last set of 5 was a little rough, but I still made it. My legs are sore already haha!

** I switched these to DB Rows - I know they aren't the same thing, but they didn't irritate my shoulder at all. And I was able to at least get some type of rows in.

Felt good to get back into the gym despite not being able to bench (which is one of my favs). At least I was able to do something and I feel a little more like myself now. Being lazy for 2 weeks pretty much sucked. Even with vacation thrown in there. Hopefully everything will start to feel better soon. And yes, I've gotten lectured by EVERYONE I know to not overdo it and injure my shoulder even more. So I'm taking it as easy as I can. And I am getting my tire fixed either tonight or tomorrow. I miss my bike!

Got back on track with nutrition too. Got a little crazy, but I'm back and ready to go. Prepped a bunch of food yesterday. So I am all set for the week, no excuses. Got rid of all the "bad" food in the house. Sometimes you just need to reset a little. Gotta get back into better shape before heading to see my parents in Sept
Keep the PR's coming! Glad to see you are in my bootcamp running on MFP... NOW MAKE SURE YOU DO THEM ;-)

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
even if you took off from lifting a month you wouldnt lose much muscle and will gain it back-muscle memory is a powerful thing

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
Good job on squats! More PR's = awesome! Especially when you take a break and come back STRONGER than ever. Hope your shoulders aren't too much of a bother! :)
Squats are always fun and seem to be the easiest for me to PR right now.

Shoulder is actually feeling really good now. Woke up w/out any pain this AM, happy about that. I'm not going to go out and blow it though. I'll take it easy for a couple more weeks to make sure it's completely healed.

Keep the PR's coming! Glad to see you are in my bootcamp running on MFP... NOW MAKE SURE YOU DO THEM ;-)
Oh I do them. Don't you worry. My lack of walking comfortable should be a clue! ;)

even if you took off from lifting a month you wouldnt lose much muscle and will gain it back-muscle memory is a powerful thing
Very true. And I am thankful for that haha!

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
No work-out update for today. Decided to take an extra day off. Squats were not going to happen and it wasn't worth going in just to DL. Taking a few more days off on any shoulder work. Want to make sure the pain is gone for good before I start up again. Will do my Wed workout tomorrow and then another on Sat probably.

Still have to get the bike fixed. Maybe I'll pull the tire tonight.

jiggamanbill

jiggamanbill

Awards
SL-A

Squats*:
5 x 45
5 x 65
5 x 75
5 x 85 * PR
5 x 85 * PR
5 x 85 * PR
5 x 85 * PR
5 x 85 * PR

Bench*:

Rows**:
5 x 17.5
5 x 22.5
5 x 25
5 x 25
5 x 25
5 x 25
5 x 25

Look at all those PRs!!!!

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
SL - B

Squats*:
5 x 65
5 x 75
5 x 85
4.5 x 90 *PR
5 x 90
5 x 90
5 x 90
5 x 90

OHP:
Still giving the shoulder a rest - feeling much better, but don't wanna push it too much. I'd rather it heal.

DLs***:
5 x 85
5 x 95
5 x 115 *PR

* YAY another Squat PR. My first set @ 90 was only 4.5 because I fell forward a little coming out of my last squat so I didn't count it as a full rep. Have no idea why. On my last round #5 I was half way up and the only thing running through my head was "oh fukc" - Once I re-racked the weights I laughed. I've never had that thought go through my head before. That bar was HEAVY!
** DL PR and I got to put the 35's on there. Oh yeah! 2 more workouts away from the big wheels! Which will be awesome. These felt great!

Felt great to get to the gym. I almost slept in again and just skipped, but I made myself get out of bed and get to it. Nobody ever got anywhere by being lazy. Didn't get a whole lotta sleep last night, but that didn't seem to stop me. Although I did help that I didn't have to do the OHP as well. I'm hoping to be back in full maybe next week. Shoulder is starting to feel better, but AMs are hard. It's usually pretty stiff from sleeping. I do take IB or something before going to gym to help a little, seems to be doing it's job.

I happened to be taking a little rest between squat sets and all the police boys were in there (like they often are). I looked over and 2 guys were doing wide-grip lat pulldowns with some impressive weights. I happened to look up ... You know your weights are heavy when you can literally ride the bar back into place. The guy moved his legs from under the pad and let the weight stack pull him up. It was hilarious. Little things amuse me in the AM.

I also added Raspberry Ketones & African Mango to my daily supplements. Started Tues (completely forgot to post - sorry!) :(

AI Raspberry Ketones - 2 caps AM/2 caps PM
African Mango - 1 cap AM/1 cap PM

Tues - weight 183
Thurs - weight 178.6

Pretty sure some of that is water weight from poor food choices and TOM, however, it's still a significant drop. We'll see what happens over the next few weeks. So far I've noticed a slight drop in appetite. I need to take measurements, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

jiggamanbill

jiggamanbill

Awards
SL - B

Squats*:
5 x 65
5 x 75
5 x 85
4.5 x 90 *PR
5 x 90
5 x 90
5 x 90
5 x 90

OHP:
Still giving the shoulder a rest - feeling much better, but don't wanna push it too much. I'd rather it heal.

DLs***:
5 x 85
5 x 95
5 x 115 *PR

* YAY another Squat PR. My first set @ 90 was only 4.5 because I fell forward a little coming out of my last squat so I didn't count it as a full rep. Have no idea why. On my last round #5 I was half way up and the only thing running through my head was "oh fukc" - Once I re-racked the weights I laughed. I've never had that thought go through my head before. That bar was HEAVY!
** DL PR and I got to put the 35's on there. Oh yeah! 2 more workouts away from the big wheels! Which will be awesome. These felt great!

Felt great to get to the gym. I almost slept in again and just skipped, but I made myself get out of bed and get to it. Nobody ever got anywhere by being lazy. Didn't get a whole lotta sleep last night, but that didn't seem to stop me. Although I did help that I didn't have to do the OHP as well. I'm hoping to be back in full maybe next week. Shoulder is starting to feel better, but AMs are hard. It's usually pretty stiff from sleeping. I do take IB or something before going to gym to help a little, seems to be doing it's job.

I happened to be taking a little rest between squat sets and all the police boys were in there (like they often are). I looked over and 2 guys were doing wide-grip lat pulldowns with some impressive weights. I happened to look up ... You know your weights are heavy when you can literally ride the bar back into place. The guy moved his legs from under the pad and let the weight stack pull him up. It was hilarious. Little things amuse me in the AM.

I also added Raspberry Ketones & African Mango to my daily supplements. Started Tues (completely forgot to post - sorry!) :(

AI Raspberry Ketones - 2 caps AM/2 caps PM
African Mango - 1 cap AM/1 cap PM

Tues - weight 183
Thurs - weight 178.6

Pretty sure some of that is water weight from poor food choices and TOM, however, it's still a significant drop. We'll see what happens over the next few weeks. So far I've noticed a slight drop in appetite. I need to take measurements, just haven't gotten around to it yet.
let me know if you feel your body temp increase now that you are using the RK

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
let me know if you feel your body temp increase now that you are using the RK
Will do, is that a common "side effect".

The only thing I've noticed is a weird headache, but I don't know if that's allergies or these. I'm taking allergy pills today to see if that helps. Otherwise I'll have to test them out separately, see what's causing it.

No gym today - rest day.
AI Raspberry Ketones - 2AM/2PM (7am/5pm)
AI African Mango - 1AM/1PM (7am/5pm)

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards

The only thing I've noticed is a weird headache, but I don't know if that's allergies or these. I'm taking allergy pills today to see if that helps. Otherwise I'll have to test them out separately, see what's causing it.

No gym today - rest day.
My allergies have been horrible this year.

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
SL-A

Squats*:
5 x 65
5 x 75
5 x 85
5 x 95 * PR
5 x 95 * PR
5 x 95 * PR
5 x 95 * PR
5 x 95 * PR

Bench**:
5 x 55
5 x 65
5 x 75
5 x 75
5 x 75

Rows***:
5 x 17.5
5 x 22.5
5 x 27.5 * PR
5 x 30 * PR
5 x 30 * PR
5 x 30 * PR
5 x 30 * PR
5 x 30 * PR

Calf Raises Machine:
5 x 120
5 x 160
5 x 180
5 x 200 * PR
5 x 220 * PR

This was Lex's day for PRs .. Srs .. EVERYWHERE! Felt great to be in the gym this AM. I was feeling it 100% so I just went with it.

* 25's on the bar .. oh yeah! I'm thinking I might hit 95 again on Monday. Form felt a little off and I want to make sure I'm ok when it starts to get heavier. I don't mind repeating 95, I got the 25's on there I feel better!
** Bench actually felt pretty good. I only did 3 sets @ 75 because I started to feel a pinch and didn't want to push myself too hard. But it felt nice to do it again.
*** 2 PRs - should have stopped and done 27.5 x 5 x 5, but they just felt too light so I jumped up to the 30's. Felt great. I can definitely tell that my left side is a little weaker than my right, but I'm ok with that since my right is the injured one. Going to keep it up with these.
**** Through in the calf raises for shiz & lulz. I love that machine. Decided to just go up 5 different weights. Love wearing out the calves. And hit 2 PRs there too!

I'm not sure what it was but I was really feeling it in the gym today so I just went and pushed myself. Everything felt great. Squat form was a little off so I'm going to work on that. But everything else was on spot! Which put me in an amazingly great mood for the day! Plus I went to the farmers market prior to the gym and got some amazing goat cheese, pluots (plum/apricot hybrid), raspberries and blackberries. YUM! Looking forward to being lazy the rest of the weekend. Maybe getting a swim with some friends in since we're going through a wonderful heat wave right now.

jiggamanbill

jiggamanbill

Awards

No gym today - rest day.

i noticed a body temp increase when I took mine... thats why I liked it prior to workout

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
i noticed a body temp increase when I took mine... thats why I liked it prior to workout
Hmm it's possible that's the reason I feel more warm in the gym now. Seeing as I take them before I head to gym in the AM. Never even put 2 + 2 together. :)

No workout today. Opted for sleep. Was feeling funky when I woke up. We're in the middle of a nasty heat wave too though, and that always throws me off. Going to try for after work or tomorrow.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hmm it's possible that's the reason I feel more warm in the gym now. Seeing as I take them before I head to gym in the AM. Never even put 2 + 2 together. :)

most liekly. I heat up as well when i do raspberry ketones

jiggamanbill

jiggamanbill

Awards

No workout today. Opted for sleep. Was feeling funky when I woke up. We're in the middle of a nasty heat wave too though, and that always throws me off. Going to try for after work or tomorrow.

sometimes you just have to listen to your body and take that time off