And ... Here we go! Lexagon's Journey!

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
Today's Ride (6/10):

8mi ~ 1 hr

Took the bike on the dirt (sand) trails that parallel the bike path I normally run on. Soooooo much fun! And I love SpeedLock on my shocks. You have to pop on the bike trail from time to time and it's much easier riding on pavement w/out the shocks LOL. Rides awesome though! No wipes, but I did get stuck in a couple spots of soft sand ... I mean it's the desert, not surprising. Now I am officially exhausted and filthy ... oh well!! Had fun either way!

Oh and I didn't run into any interference with my front tire ... yesterday I may have had a little issue getting it back on my bike .. just sayin ...

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you're not having fun then what's the point, right? :)

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
If you're not having fun then what's the point, right? :)
Too true! :) And I'm having lots of fun. Was contemplating head out tonight, but I'm exhausted today. So I shall save it for tomorrow morning. :D How could dirt trail biking not be fun. Although I did see a HUGE snake the other day ...

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
Today's Run:

3.1 @ 38.50 mins

Barely made it ... srs my legs were all .. uhhh yeah wtf are you doing? I set my nano to 30 mins thinking that was all I could manage, but when I hit 1/2 way I was like .. pfft whatever I'm doing the full 5k. I only have a couple more weeks until the 5k I can manage.

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
Tonight's Ride:

60 mins ~ 13mi

I stayed on the bike path this time, just wanted to get out and ride. The fact that it was 94-95F didn't really matter, it was actually kinda breezy and felt great! Had to race the sun back a little ... almost set before I got home .. haha! Either way fun ride. No idea why I decided to go, but just wanted to get out of the house for a while. Seemed like a good enough reason.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That sounds fun. I wish I had somewhere around me to ride like that. It's the sidewalks for me, lol. :D

sawa3

sawa3

Awards
WTG.. keep it up! The hard work will pay off..

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
That sounds fun. I wish I had somewhere around me to ride like that. It's the sidewalks for me, lol. :D
We have about 60 miles of paved bike path or something like that. It's pretty cool and almost completely flat :)

WTG.. keep it up! The hard work will pay off..

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
Saturday's Ride:

15 mi ~ 1.5 hrs.

Felt like a looooong ride. I decided to ride from the house to the bike trail (which is the added 4 miles round trip). I didn't realize just how hot it was. But I got a good 5 miles of dirt trails in and the rest was on the bike path. I did buy a new mini hydration pack that is awesome. Pretty sure it's probably a kids pack, but it was red and it fits ... so that's what I got.

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
Today's Bike Ride:

10.2 mi - 45mins

Decided to not take the bike off road this AM. The bike path was good enough. Thankfully it's cool and breezy in the AM .. at least for now. There were A LOT of people out today. I'm guessing everyone is tired of the heat in the afternoon. Then again it would be nice if the runners didn't run in packs of 3 across the path either. Makes it really hard to get around them. Oh well. LOL

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey Lexagon,

did you get the product are you doing a seperate log or logging it here? either way is good for me =)

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
Sorry John I meant PM you over at BB. I got everything on Sat I think. I'll be starting Monday :)

I will probably just throw everything in here since I already have this running, but I might change my mind by then you never know. LOL Either way I will definitely let you know. :) Thanks again!

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome! What's up next?

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice! I think that will become a popular stack. Use in combination with some BCAAs and possibly a cort blocker and you'll be covering quite a few bases. You know I'll definitely follow your log. :)

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
Keep it up girl!

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
Nice! I think that will become a popular stack. Use in combination with some BCAAs and possibly a cort blocker and you'll be covering quite a few bases. You know I'll definitely follow your log. :)
Well you know RP is always around :) And btw ... RP Slushies rock when it's hot out! I need to get some Matcha to throw in there.

Keep it up girl!
Thanks! :)

jiggamanbill

jiggamanbill

Awards
Tonight's Ride:

60 mins ~ 13mi

I stayed on the bike path this time, just wanted to get out and ride. The fact that it was 94-95F didn't really matter, it was actually kinda breezy and felt great! Had to race the sun back a little ... almost set before I got home .. haha! Either way fun ride. No idea why I decided to go, but just wanted to get out of the house for a while. Seemed like a good enough reason.

always good to just get some fresh air!

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The Magic Matcha goes well with lemon flavors (Gatorade, RecverPro, etc). I don't think I've tried mixing the Red Raspberry with Matcha yet. I have tried some various flavors of Crystal Light with Matcha. Some were good and others were just okay.

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
The Magic Matcha goes well with lemon flavors (Gatorade, RecverPro, etc). I don't think I've tried mixing the Red Raspberry with Matcha yet. I have tried some various flavors of Crystal Light with Matcha. Some were good and others were just okay.
I've been lazy and just tossing a scoop in my mouth and chugging water to shoot it down the hatch lately.

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
We used to just blend it with a little soy milk, ice and a little sweetner at the tea shop I worked at. Definitely a great kick and a cool treat, almost like a milkshake. Not sure if this powder would work the same, but I'm sure it would.

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
Last Night: Restorative Yoga

Went to a restorative yoga class with a couple friends. I was a bit skeptical, but I went anyway because I've been so tense lately I figured it couldn't hurt. It actually ended up being awesome. We worked on stretches and just relaxation (no crazy poses or anything). I felt so much better after. So I'm going back next week. Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to turn into a Yogi or anything, but every once in a while I don't see the harm.

Today:
Was supposed to go for a ride this AM, but I was tired and really lazy so I'm not going to. I have a lot of errands to run before I leave tomorrow AM ... so I'll just hope I get some exercise while I'm away and if not .. no big deal. Vacation is vacation! :) And I really need some time at the beach!

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
Quick update:
Was at the beach for the weekend, so nothing really going on there. Did manage to get myself nice and burned ... ugh! Hoping to be back at it by the weekend, as long as I can bend my legs by then. LOL burning the back of your knees is no fun task! So as long as they will bend again this weekend I'm good to go and I'm getting really antsy!

Ready to start StrongLifts 5x5 on July 1 :D

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
Double post ... but as an addition I do need to get my nutrition back on track. I haven't been horrible, but not as tight as it used to be. I need to buy a new food scale mine died :(

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What happened?! Sunburns suck! Well at least you will have some tan looking legs next week! Mine are so pale! lol

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
We used to just blend it with a little soy milk, ice and a little sweetner at the tea shop I worked at. Definitely a great kick and a cool treat, almost like a milkshake. Not sure if this powder would work the same, but I'm sure it would.
I believe D2 does or has done something similar to this. I think he uses almond milk, though.

What happened?! Sunburns suck! Well at least you will have some tan looking legs next week! Mine are so pale! lol
Don't feel bad about pale legs. I work outside in Central Florida, but I have to wear Dickies Pants all day. My face and arms stay tan year around, but my legs are always 100 shades lighter, lol.

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
Don't feel bad about pale legs. I work outside in Central Florida, but I have to wear Dickies Pants all day. My face and arms stay tan year around, but my legs are always 100 shades lighter, lol.
Umm I might have fallen asleep in the sun at the beach. And by the time I realized I needed more sunscreen it was already too late. So I'm just waiting for the back of my legs to heal a little more and then I'm heading back to gym. It's been an annoying/painful week lol but I'll live.

I believe D2 does or has done something similar to this. I think he uses almond milk, though.
Yeah I've done that too ... or Soy Milk .. so wonderful! :D Now I just have to get my matcha ... perfect timing! ;)

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I hate it when I get sunburn on my feet, lol.

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
Sat Update:

Did Color Me Rad this am. OMG did we have a great time. Srs it was amazing! I'll post pics tomorrow when I get on the comp too much work from here.

Yes (hangs head) I ran the entire thing. Once we started I couldn't help it. I think I ran it in 38-40 wasn't timed but it felt good. Got COVERED in color, haha! And at the end it actually made the sunburn soooo much better!

We all changed and went to lunch covered in color still it was hilarious. So many questions asked, but we didn't care. And thankfully the color came off pretty easy in the shower.

Then lex was super lazy all day. Watched Netflix, had some froyo, a few frosty beverages and did NOTHING! I think by Monday I should be ready to lift again! YAY! Excited!

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
Aaand I'm back @ the gym - and boy was it nice and quiet in there (6:45am).

Stronglifts 5x5 has been started .. yay! Forgot to take measurements, but I did weigh myself. I'll try to get measurements tonight, if I remember. I'm exhausted right now. LOL Still have to figure out macros too, I'm working at about 1550, but I think that's a little low, not sure we'll see how the days go.

SW: 176.8
Pre: 1 scoop HyperFX Grape
Intra: 3 scoops RP w/ 32oz H2O

SL - A

Squats*:
5 x BW
5 x 45
5 x 45
5 x 45
5 x 45
5 x 45

Bench:
5 x 45
5 x 45
5 x 45
5 x 45
5 x 45

Rows**:
5 x 45
5 x 45
5 x 45
5 x 45
5 x 45

* Squat form was sloppy, blah! I had a feeling that would be the case. So I think I'm going to stay at bar next workout to make sure I get it back under control.
** A little awkward, but I figured they would be. Another one I'm going to have to work on form with. Just takes a little time.

The good news is that my knees took it well. I was a little concerned since the back of them are still healing. But they worked fine with no additional pain. Thankfully my skin has finally started to tan out and isn't pink anymore. I do have one spot right near my left armpit that is still green from Sat, cracks me up, but it's new skin so I don't want to scrub it. Anyway. Everything feels good. I'm going to hold off on extra cardio until next week to make sure I'm all healed up and just focus on the lifting for now

Note to self: Must place AI order and some protein soon ... ugh!

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is this your first round on SL? I'm following SL too but I've adjusted it to 3x12 for now. Good stuff, Lex! :)

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
Is this your first round on SL? I'm following SL too but I've adjusted it to 3x12 for now. Good stuff, Lex! :)
Yes ... I was doing NROL4W, but it was just eh so I moved to SL, I think that'll be more to my liking :)

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I dig the dead lift.

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
Can't go wrong with compound lifts :)
That's for sure. :) And I'm feeling it already .. gotta love that first day back after not lifting for a while.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's for sure. :) And I'm feeling it already .. gotta love that first day back after not lifting for a while.
i encourage you to keep lifting it really helps you burn more fat, the more muscle you have

Keep it up chick

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
Pre: 1 scoop HyperFX Grape
Intra: 3 scoops RP w/ 32oz H2O
SL - B

Squats*:
5 x 45
5 x 45
5 x 45
5 x 45
5 x 45

OHP:
5 x 45
5 x 45
5 x 45
5 x 45
5 x 45

DLs**:
5 x 65

* Squat form is getting better now that my legs aren't in shock, but they were definitely sore The good kinda sore that is. Not sure if I will move up on these or try another round at 45 to make sure my form is good. We'll see how the mood strikes me
** Kinda wish I had warmed up w/ just the bar as that was kinda uneventful, but I'll definite do some warm-up DLs next round

jiggamanbill

jiggamanbill

Awards
Umm I might have fallen asleep in the sun at the beach. And by the time I realized I needed more sunscreen it was already too late. So I'm just waiting for the back of my legs to heal a little more and then I'm heading back to gym. It's been an annoying/painful week lol but I'll live.

Yeah I've done that too ... or Soy Milk .. so wonderful! :D Now I just have to get my matcha ... perfect timing! ;)

sounds like me... sleeping in the sun haha

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
SL - B

Squats*:
5 x BW
5 x BW
5 x 45
5 x 45
5 x 45
5 x 45
5 x 45

Bench:
5 x 45
5 x 45
5 x 50
5 x 50
5 x 50
5 x 50
5 x 50

Rows**:
5 x 45
5 x 50
5 x 50
5 x 50
5 x 50
5 x 50

* Squat form much better, think I'll move up to 50 next round. I noticed on occasion I'm leaning forward, so I might throw some plates under my toes to see if that helps, but I definitely feel better. Rawr!
** Form was much better on these, just took some getting used to.

Another empty AM in the gym .. YAY! Everything is feeling better. At the time my legs were all moar skwatz, then I hopped in the car and hit the clutch and they were all .. no moar skwatz lmfao But everything feels great. I like that I'm adding weight now so I have some warm-up more than just BW.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LOL. I forgot about trying to work a clutch on leg days. I definitely know what you're talking about.

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome Lex! Just curious, are you using a high bar of low bar stance?

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
LOL. I forgot about trying to work a clutch on leg days. I definitely know what you're talking about.
Haha! Yup, happens often!

Awesome Lex! Just curious, are you using a high bar of low bar stance?
It's supposed to be low bar, which I tried a few times, but it's just not as comfortable for me. So I switched back to high bar for now. I might try it again later, but I dunno yet.

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
Sunday's Bike Ride

16.89 mi @ 1hr45mins

I thought I would post a picture of sand ... or where I ride at least ... lol

I was quite skeptical that this ride would even get that far. When I started out I had some weird right hip pain, but I gave it a good talking to and about 10 mins later it was loose and ready to go. Now both feel great and nicely stretched out. One of the best parts of riding ... :) And I'm finally learning which trails NOT to take. Let's just say that coming down a little decline and hitting soft sand that kicks out your back tire is not always fun. Lex has not fallen or wiped yet knocksonallwoodsurfaces.jpg However, I have come close! :D

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
SL - B

Squats*:
5 x 45
5 x 45
5 x 50
5 x 50
5 x 50
5 x 50
5 x 50

OHP**:
5 x 45
5 x 45
5 x 50
5 x 50
5 x 50
5 x 50
5 x 50

DLs:
5 x 65
5 x 75

* Squat form is much better, tried plates under toes for one set felt weird, removed them and was fine. Had to squat outside the rack since we only have one and someone was using it. Weight is low enough right now that clearing the bar is ok. I did widen my stance just a little and that seemed to make a world of difference, so maybe that was the problem all along. Definitely got lower.
** Last rep on each of these was hard .. but I pushed through. Our seated machine is broken so I've been doing them standing for now.

Workout felt great! Wish the rack hadn't been occupied, but I would have been able to use it had the little front door guy not come up and tell me I have to put my bag in a locker. Srs? Since when? Ugh, by the time I got back someone had taken the rack. I mean srs I probably could have shoved the bag in my pocket that's how big it is. Oh well, guess it's new policy. Other than that everything felt great. I can tell OHP is going to give me the most problems. But I'm ready for it

jiggamanbill

jiggamanbill

Awards
SL - B

Squats*:
5 x BW
5 x BW
5 x 45
5 x 45
5 x 45
5 x 45
5 x 45

Bench:
5 x 45
5 x 45
5 x 50
5 x 50
5 x 50
5 x 50
5 x 50

Rows**:
5 x 45
5 x 50
5 x 50
5 x 50
5 x 50
5 x 50

* Squat form much better, think I'll move up to 50 next round. I noticed on occasion I'm leaning forward, so I might throw some plates under my toes to see if that helps, but I definitely feel better. Rawr!
** Form was much better on these, just took some getting used to.

Another empty AM in the gym .. YAY! Everything is feeling better. At the time my legs were all moar skwatz, then I hopped in the car and hit the clutch and they were all .. no moar skwatz lmfao But everything feels great. I like that I'm adding weight now so I have some warm-up more than just BW.
Form is definetly the key.... sometimes we have to remind ourselves of that and back the weight down to make sure we are working the muscle as much as possible. Your workouts are looking good!

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Form is definetly the key.... sometimes we have to remind ourselves of that and back the weight down to make sure we are working the muscle as much as possible. Your workouts are looking good!
2nd this! Especially when the weights get heavier!

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
Oh yeah, I am not looking to get injured trust me. I've been out enough because of stupid things (life, sunburn, etc) I don't need any problems due to laziness. Mon workout everything felt great. We'll see how tomorrows goes. Weights are slowly climbing up :)