John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Honestly I haven't been lifting recently. Once I started having shoulder issues, I stopped for a little while to see if rest would help and I have to say that it really has. I plan on keeping with just cardio until the end of the Sept and then slowly adding weights back in. My shoulder has been feeling great, so I'm hoping it just needed a good break. I do miss the gym.

Upper body doesn't seem to have lost much steam from what I can tell, but I'll find out soon enough. :)
best to test the waters by lifting lighter and seeing if it hurts. If it hurts like Bill said, listen to that body

Ive made the mistake in the past of not listening and minor injuries turned into major ones

jiggamanbill

jiggamanbill

Awards
best to test the waters by lifting lighter and seeing if it hurts. If it hurts like Bill said, listen to that body

Ive made the mistake in the past of not listening and minor injuries turned into major ones
more injuries and worse injuries = regret

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
Tuesday's Bike Ride: 9/25

~8.7mi @ 55mins

Yes much shorter, just wanted to test myself and see how the body was feeling. Everything seemed fine, but that road bike makes such a huge difference. Felt good to get back out even for a short ride. Although anything around 10mi is pretty average for a weekday AM ride. I have another one on Thurs.

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
I will definitely be taking it easy, I don't want to risk being out for even longer!

On a side note: I am SUPER excited to try No Whey! Pumpkin Pie! Umm yeah!

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I will definitely be taking it easy, I don't want to risk being out for even longer!

Anything pumpkin pie = winning!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I would prefer sweet potato pie.

jiggamanbill

jiggamanbill

Awards

ME TOO... See below :)

Check out our new protein!!!!

The moment is here; the moment everyone has been waiting for! AI Sports Nutrition is finally bringing out a protein powder supplement. But, as usual, we are taking things a step farther. We are bringing out a custom blend of two very unique protein types, those being pea protein and rice protein.

Why did we choose these two protein types? Well, that is a good question that certainly deserves some time to discuss.

We’ll start with rice protein. We chose to add rice protein because of a particular study that found that supplementing with rice protein actually caused a slimming effect, most likely due to the effect of the rice protein on lipase enzymes in the blood vessels and in the liver. These enzymes “cut up” the fat cells in the blood, essentially making it easier for organs and tissues to absorb them and use them for energy.

Secondly, we have pea protein. This was chosen because of its superior digestibility compared to other protein types (90-95% digestibility). It is also notably less allergenic than other protein types. It also has a naturally sweet taste, and superior mixability.

The combination of pea and rice protein together gives a superior amino acid protein than either of the two alone (pea protein is low in certain amino acids that rice is high in, and vice versa). This combination of proteins is also considered to be the best tasting combination of protein types available.

Another benefit of both of these protein types is they are vegan friendly. You will also find that NO WHEY! is lactose free, and Vitamin D fortified.

You will notice when looking at the nutrition facts that we managed to put a good amount of protein per serving into this, 30 grams. Most are around 20-25 grams, we also kept the fat low (another benefit of the two sources of protein), and the carbohydrates low as well. This makes it extremely versatile when combining it with other ingredients.

I know you are thinking, what is with the name? Well, the name is actually two fold. 1) This product, unlike others, does not use whey protein as a main source of protein, or any source at all for that matter, 2) When initially doing the taste testing, one of the testers actually said “NO WAY!” aloud. It only seemed appropriate to name our newest creation

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
I don't think it's an odd flavor at all! I put pumpkin pie spice or allspice in my Vanilla protein sometimes. Mmmm pumpkin! Tastes like Fall! :) So excited. YAY for payday tomorrow LOL

Last edited:
Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
Thursday's Ride: 9/27

~14.3 mi @ 90 mins
Great ride this AM, everything was working as planned. Bike felt great. Weather is so nice early in the AM, not too much traffic on the bike path. Getting easy to do longer rides on the MTB at least. But still not as fun as that road bike ... LOL

Definitely need to look into bike shoes and a new saddle. On my list of things to buy over the next couple months.

jiggamanbill

jiggamanbill

Awards
I don't think it's an odd flavor at all! I put pumpkin pie spice or allspice in my Vanilla protein sometimes. Mmmm pumpkin! Tastes like Fall! :) So excited. YAY for payday tomorrow LOL
most are happy for pay day just to get a check... we are happy so we can go shopping for protein!

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
most are happy for pay day just to get a check... we are happy so we can go shopping for protein!
Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for the paycheck too! I do have bills to pay. But I am running dangerously low on protein, sooooooooo, this checks splurge will be Pumpkin Protein! :D

sawa3

sawa3

Awards
be sure to be fitted in the bike right.. It will help your comfort in bike rides. I love bike shoes.. and Also cages. I have two bikes one with cages and one that I clip in. I like both. Keep it up!

Thursday's Ride: 9/27

~14.3 mi @ 90 mins
Great ride this AM, everything was working as planned. Bike felt great. Weather is so nice early in the AM, not too much traffic on the bike path. Getting easy to do longer rides on the MTB at least. But still not as fun as that road bike ... LOL

Definitely need to look into bike shoes and a new saddle. On my list of things to buy over the next couple months.

jiggamanbill

jiggamanbill

Awards
Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for the paycheck too! I do have bills to pay. But I am running dangerously low on protein, sooooooooo, this checks splurge will be Pumpkin Protein! :D
Good Splurge!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
its good and is great for recipes

how is the injury , hopefullt its healed, and are you doing upper body at all?

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
Sorry everyone completely forgot to post my rides from the weekend.

Saturday's Ride - 10/6/12

~20mi @ 2hrs .... probably 10 dirt and 10 bike path. So much fun! And nooooooooo flats! Aaaaaaah yeah! I rode my ass off.

Sunday's Ride: 10/7/12

~21.4 mi @ 2 hrs ... oh yeah! Not sure how I did this as my legs were in protest the entire time. But I pushed through it.

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
its good and is great for recipes

how is the injury , hopefullt its healed, and are you doing upper body at all?
So far the shoulder is doing much better. I haven't been doing upper body. But I will be once I get back from Vacation. Time to head back to the gym. Will take it easy on the upper for a little bit until I can gauge what aggravates my shoulder.

do you bike year round?
I can yes. Where I live it doesn't often get much colder than 40F. So really I just need a long sleeve shirt and some pants and I'm good to go :) And no we don't ever get snow! Or rain rarely.

lexi you on vacation?
Actually, I head out on Thurs for Denver until late Monday. Got some hiking, maybe biking and lots of fun planned. This last week/weekend was just really busy. Car problems, work meetings, life you know! ;)

jiggamanbill

jiggamanbill

Awards

~20mi @ 2hrs .... probably 10 dirt and 10 bike path. So much fun! And nooooooooo flats! Aaaaaaah yeah! I rode my ass off.

~21.4 mi @ 2 hrs ... oh yeah! Not sure how I did this as my legs were in protest the entire time. But I pushed through it.
there she is!

sawa3

sawa3

Awards

Keep up the solid work

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
Sorry for the MIA everyone! Things got a little hectic around here.

Spent a week in Denver, hiked one day in Rocky Mountain National Park, it was awesome. But boy is that altitude a killer. Rest of the time we spent exploring Denver/Boulder and just relaxing.

Work has been crazy, they are trying to move my department to work-at-home positions, so there's a lot going on there. Will be cool when it finally goes through though.