CNS HEALTH and Weight Loss

workin2005

workin2005

NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
Awards
  • Established
I wanted to post this in the weight loss section because I think it is often times overlooked when dieting and loosing weight.

Getting your diet in order should be the "base" that you build on when looking to loose weight in a healthy and consistent manner. One concern when one goes on a reduced calorie diet and uses stimulants to loose weight, is the effect it may have on your Central Nervous system (CNS). I would recommend taking a good CNS regenerating product like Poseidon to combat any negative effects and keep your body operating optimally. Also, a good BCAA supplement like Excell would be a great addition and would stack very well with Poseidon.

A healthy CNS is one of the key factors in taking weight off and keeping it off.

Workin

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I must say, you are one crafty salesman! With that being said, I can't wait to try Poseidon when my NP order comes in. :thumbsup:

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
I must say, you are one crafty salesman! With that being said, I can't wait to try Poseidon when my NP order comes in. :thumbsup:
lol:)

When you believe in a product as much as I do Poseidon, it's hard not to want to share it with the world. I look forward to hearing about your results!

Workin

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
How exactly does Poseiden "regenerate" the CNS? Other than the B vitamins, which have well-known mental benefits but are very common.

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
How exactly does Poseiden "regenerate" the CNS? Other than the B vitamins, which have well-known mental benefits but are very common.
Hello TeamSavage,

Thanks for your question...it's a great one.

Most, of the ingredients in Poseidon work directly or indirectly to maintain a healthy CNS, as well as creating an optimal environment for literally thousands of different bodily functions. When we say Poseidon is a "Natural Performance Enhancer", we mean in almost any and every task...from lifting weights to studying for an exam.

The main B vitamin found in Poseidon is Methylcobalamin, aka Methly B-12. This should NOT be mistaken with cyanocobalamin, aka B-12. The 2 are very, VERY different animals. As I said earlier, many of the ingredients in Poseidon work directly or indirectly to help regenerate and maintain a healthy CNS. The Methylcobalamin found in Poseidon plays a very large role in this area. Here is a link to a page on our web site that discusses this in detail and will help answer your question:

Your correct, some of the B vitamin's in Poseidon are commonly found in other products as you mentioned. The difference is the way we manufactured them into the formula. Here is an excerpt from our write up on Poseidon:

"Poseidon™ was created, using Patient Pending Technology, to give the user an increase in performance, not just in the gym, but in every area of life. This cutting edge product offers a host of benefits including; improved strength, endurance, mental acuity, coordination and recovery time. So often we think of a “sports nutrition supplement” as one that will pack on size and strength and/or help us shed unwanted body fat. While these are worthy goals, they are only pieces of the puzzle. When looking to create a strong, healthy body, one must look at the whole picture.

Consider the fact that the human body is comprised of 70% water. Proper hydration, of EVERY cell, is imperative to performance of any kind. Armed with that knowledge, we asked ourselves, “What if we could create the PERFECT blend of electrolytes and attach them to other key, strategic and proven effective ingredients…all in effective doses …all that play a role in how we ‘perform’ everyday?” We speculated that by doing this, not only would each ingredient work synergistically with the other, but the attachment of electrolytes would actually increase the effectiveness of them all. WE ARE NO LONGER SPECULATING....
"

Honestly, Poseidon is one of those products that looked good on paper but actually blew us away with the positive results we had after testing it. I know I'm biased, so I'll leave you to be the judge of how effective it is ;-) I will, however, point out that most, if not all of the testers reported signs of improved CNS function including: more energy, focus, improved sleep, reduced anxiety, etc...

I hope this helps. Thanks again for your interest and please let us know if you have any further questions.

Workin

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
Can you provide more information on the patent-pending technology? You mention it but don't really describe what it is or what it does.

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
Can you provide more information on the patent-pending technology? You mention it but don't really describe what it is or what it does.
Hey TeamSavage,

It's the manufacturing process we go through to create each batch of Poseidon, and one of the reasons Poseidon is so effective. I'm afraid that's about as much as I feel comfortable saying...I hope you understand ;-)

Workin

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
It's the manufacturing process we go through to create each batch of Poseidon, and one of the reasons Poseidon is so effective. I'm afraid that's about as much as I feel comfortable saying...I hope you understand ;-)
No, I don't really understand. If Nimbus has filed for a patent (or even filed just the PPA) then the technology in question is (a) protected from the date of filing, pending approval, and (b) already in the public record.

I think it's a tad bit shady to claim "cutting edge" "Patent Pending Technology" but then refuse to give even basic information about that technology.

Now you have got me even more curious... Are you really going to make me go to uspto.gov and search for the patent application?

DeerDeer

DeerDeer

Awards
  • Established
I really am unaware of how significant Methly B12 is superior to your old run of the mill b12 it doses >100% of the rda. All I can think of is more costly urine ;-)

Stating that it helps regenerate the central nervous system is quite a significant claim.

No, I don't really understand. If Nimbus has filed for a patent (or even filed just the PPA) then the technology in question is (a) protected from the date of filing, pending approval, and (b) already in the public record.

I think it's a tad bit shady to claim "cutting edge" "Patent Pending Technology" but then refuse to give even basic information about that technology.

Now you have got me even more curious... Are you really going to make me go to uspto.gov and search for the patent application?

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established

Hello TeamSavage,

I understand your frustration. You actually remind me of myself with your sckeptisism...lol! It's great we have people like you that ask these questions! Keep thing interesting ;-)

I think your confusing a "Patent" with a "Pending Patent". A Pending Patent is NOT public knowledge until it actually becomes a Patent. Many, MANY companies file Pending Patents to protect their formula and their manufacturing process from public knowledge for up to 2 years. You see, a Pending Patent is valid for 1 year. It is then able to be renewed for up to 1 additional year. Many innovative formulas and processes are protected this way.

While operating under a Pending Patent, it also allows companies time to decide if they would rather go the "Trade Secret" route. This is when you actually file to protect your manufacturing process from public knowledge indefinatly....Similar to what "Coke" has done with their soft drinks. The down side of going with a Trade Secret is you can't file a Patent if you do. Filing a Pending Patent buys time for a company to decide which route they will use. This is what Nimbus Nutiriton will be deciding with Poseidon over the course of the next few years.

Unfortunately, with business as corrupt and dishonest as it has become, an innovative creation is quickly stolen by someone else, if given the chance.

I hope this helps explain our position a little more clearly. Now an excerpt from our write up on Poseidon does say this:
"What if we could create the PERFECT blend of electrolytes and attach them to other key, strategic and proven effective ingredients…all in effective doses …"
Giving you an idea of what we have created and why it is so effective.

As I said earlier, I commend you for your skepticism. In fact, if you do try Poseidon, I would be very, VERY interested to hear your feed back! I think you will be impressed with the results of our efforts ;-)

Thanks for your interest and for keeping us on our toes! Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Workin

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
I really am unaware of how significant Methly B12 is superior to your old run of the mill b12 it doses >100% of the rda. All I can think of is more costly urine ;-)

Stating that it helps regenerate the central nervous system is quite a significant claim.
Hello DeerDeer,

Here is the beginning of an article that will answer your question on why the Methly B-12 in Poseidon is a very different animal than B-12:

"Methylcobalamin is the only active form of Vitamin B-12 in the Central Nervous System.

Methylcobalamin is the active form of vitamin B12 that acts as a cofactor for methionine synthase in the conversion of homocysteine to methionine, thus lowering blood levels of homocysteine. Methylcobalamin acts as a methyl donor and participates in the synthesis of SAM-e (S-adenosylmethionine), a nutrient that has powerful mood elevating properties. Vitamin B12 can be absorbed sublingually, orally, and in a doctor's office it can be given by injection.

Methylcobalamin is one of the two coenzyme forms of vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin) but methyl form is used in the central nervous system. Vitamin B12 plays an important role in red blood cells, prevention and treatment of anemia, methylation reactions, and immune system regulation. Evidence indicates methylcobalamin has some metabolic and therapeutic applications not shared by the other forms of vitamin B12.

Methylcobalamin donates methyl groups to the myelin sheath that insulates nerve fibers and regenerates damaged neurons. In a B12 deficiency, toxic fatty acids destroy the myelin sheath but high enough doses of B12 can repair it....."

Here is the link to the entire article:

I hope this helps answer your question. Thanks for your interest ;-)

Workin

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
Just to clarify, you're referring to a Provisonal Patent Application (PPA), which allows the inventor up to a year to file for a true patent (Non-Provisional). When the real patent application is filed, the patent is protected from the date of the PPA.

"Patent Pending" can refer to either a PPA or a regular patent application that has not yet been approved (approval usually takes 2-3 years), hence my confusion. You are incorrect that patent information does not become public knowledge until you actually obtain the patent. If Nimbus chooses to file for a patent wtihin the next year, the patent application will be available publicly shortly after it's filed.

All that said, I guess I'll have to wait until Nimbus actually files for a patent within the next year to find out about this "cutting-edge technology". I do encourage you to actually provide more information, however, because just looking at the ingredients Poseidon appears to be nothing more than a vitamin drink. Helpful, perhaps, but certainly not unique. I am familar with methyl-B12 and it does have certain benefits in the CNS. The question is whether Poseidon delivers benefits above-and-beyond common methyl-B12 supplements.

I think your confusing a "Patent" with a "Pending Patent". A Pending Patent is NOT public knowledge until it actually becomes a Patent. Many, MANY companies file Pending Patents to protect their formula and their manufacturing process from public knowledge for up to 2 years. You see, a Pending Patent is valid for 1 year. It is then able to be renewed for up to 1 additional year. Many innovative formulas and processes are protected this way.

While operating under a Pending Patent, it also allows companies time to decide if they would rather go the "Trade Secret" route. This is when you actually file to protect your manufacturing process from public knowledge indefinatly....Similar to what "Coke" has done with their soft drinks. The down side of going with a Trade Secret is you can't file a Patent if you do. Filing a Pending Patent buys time for a company to decide which route they will use. This is what Nimbus Nutiriton will be deciding with Poseidon over the course of the next few years.

Unfortunately, with business as corrupt and dishonest as it has become, an innovative creation is quickly stolen by someone else, if given the chance.

Colden

Colden

Nimbus Nutrition Co-Founder
Awards
Just to clarify, you're referring to a Provisonal Patent Application (PPA), which allows the inventor up to a year to file for a true patent (Non-Provisional). When the real patent application is filed, the patent is protected from the date of the PPA.

"Patent Pending" can refer to either a PPA or a regular patent application that has not yet been approved (approval usually takes 2-3 years), hence my confusion. You are incorrect that patent information does not become public knowledge until you actually obtain the patent. If Nimbus chooses to file for a patent wtihin the next year, the patent application will be available publicly shortly after it's filed.

All that said, I guess I'll have to wait until Nimbus actually files for a patent within the next year to find out about this "cutting-edge technology". I do encourage you to actually provide more information, however, because just looking at the ingredients Poseidon appears to be nothing more than a vitamin drink. Helpful, perhaps, but certainly not unique. I am familar with methyl-B12 and it does have certain benefits in the CNS. The question is whether Poseidon delivers benefits above-and-beyond common methyl-B12 supplements.
You are absolutely right about the patent information. We have applied for a Provisional Patent (aka Pending patent).

As far as the increased benefits of Poseidon compared to any other product, including Mb-12 (and I started using mb12 long before we created the Poseidon Formula)... there is no comparison. As far as "Poseidon appearing to be nothing more than a vitamin drink", I would humbly suggest that you give it a try before making judgement... I think you may be surprised...Actually, if you do try it and your not completely satisfied, or feel as though we misrepresented it in anyway, I will personally refund your money.

Thanks for your interest,

Colden

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
As Colden said, you be the judge...try Poseidon. After giving it an honest shot, If you don't feel it's one of the best supplements you've ever put in your body, your money will be refunded in full. :thumbsup:

Workin

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Everything in Poseiden is linked to natural health recovery/maintenence of the CNS system:

Inositol is a fatty lipid that is needed by the body for cell membrane formation. It is sometimes referred to as Vitamin B 8. It is most prevalent in the heart and brain. It affects nerve transmission and helps the body to transport fats.

Vitamin C: A short period of combined deficiency of vitamins E and C causes profound central nervous system (CNS) dysfunction in guinea pigs. For this report, CNS histopathology was studied to define the nature and extent of injury caused by this double deficiency. Weanling guinea pigs were fed a vitamin E–deficient or –replete diet for 14 d. Then vitamin C was withdrawn from the diet of some guinea pigs. Four diet groups were thus formed: replete, vitamin E deficient, vitamin C deficient, and both vitamin E and C deficient. From 5 to 11 d after institution of the doubly deficient diet, 9 of 12 guinea pigs developed paralysis, and 2 more were found dead. The remaining guinea pig in the doubly deficient group and all animals in the other 3 groups survived without clinical impairment until the experiment was terminated at 13–15 d. Brains and spinal cords were serially sectioned and stained for examination. Only the combined deficiency produced damage in the CNS. The damage consisted mainly of nerve cell death, axonal degeneration, vascular injury, and associated glial cell responses. The spinal cord and the ventral pons in the brainstem were most severely affected, often exhibiting asymmetric cystic lesions. Several features of the lesions suggest that the primary damage was to blood vessels. These results indicate that the paralysis and death caused by combined deficiency of vitamins E and C in guinea pigs is caused by severe damage in the brainstem and spinal cord.

Taurine plays an important role in the autotomy model, presumably by protecting inhibitory neurons in the CNS against an excitotoxic damage triggered by injury discharge and ectopic input from the severed nerves.
Potassium, sodium, and magnesium effect the efficiency of neurotransmission... Most of even the better diets lack this balance. This should be a no-brainer how the ratio found in Poseidon will undoubtably optimize CNS function.

The B vitamins and whanot have been talked about and discussed already, so... hopefully that's all cleared up.

I am sure yall are sick of me ranting and raving about Poseidon, but I honestly can't say enough about it.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
I tested Poseidon. Looking at the label, my first thoughts were "fancy gatorade." However, to my surprise, I really did feel significant more "vitality" for want of a better word while on it. I have no idea about how they make it, but my subjective experience (starting from a point of skepticism) was very positive. Take that for what it is worth. Give it a try and get a refund if it doesn't do anything for you.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
I echo that myself. I was in such disbelief that the great things I was feeling was from poseidon that I stopped taking it for a week then started up again.

What I found was it WAS from the Poseidon.

CROWLER

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
I echo that myself. I was in such disbelief that the great things I was feeling was from poseidon that I stopped taking it for a week then started up again.

What I found was it WAS from the Poseidon.

CROWLER
Great to hear Crowler. It's very rewarding for us to read about how others are benefiting from Poseidon. :thumbsup:

Workin

racbox

Awards
If you want to lose weight, you should try eating small amounts of diversified food 5 times a day, at regular hours.
Try to eat more at breakfast, because the calories you get will be burnt during the day. Also, try eating less at the last meal of the day, so that when you sleep you don't have to burn those calories.
These meals may contain even meat, but in small quantities, especially white meat! Must eat as many veggies and salads as you can!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
FoxHound Supplements 17
sir_levy Training Forum 8
Training Forum 0
Supplements 5
Weight Loss 2