Unanswered CNS recovery

sir_levy

sir_levy

Awards
I don't think I've seen anything on the forum about CNS recovery after going for PR's, lifting to failure etc. I'd like to see people's opinions and thoughts about the subject, what do you do after a heavy lifting session and you get the sluggish "not all there" feeling, do you take a couple days off from the gym? Do you fight through the tiredness and stay on your routine? Or how do you combat/prevent CNS fatigue? Any input on the subject welcome :)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
A deload week is pretty common for most people after peaking on an training program. Lightening up the load a bit and running about 50% volume is a good way to go.

However a few days off with light activity for active rest should probably be done first if feeling rundown.

J

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just a good night's sleep and maybe a lighter day should be enough. I think a lot of times what people are calling CNS fatigue, isn't actually that.

J

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Just a good night's sleep and maybe a lighter day should be enough. I think a lot of times what people are calling CNS fatigue, isn't actually that.
Thats sorta what the article i linked is saying. Basically says its extremely difficult to overload your cns as it recovers very quickly.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thats sorta what the article i linked is saying. Basically says its extremely difficult to overload your cns as it recovers very quickly.
Yep. If you're healthy, your CNS is going to recover before your muscles do.

ItalOne

ItalOne

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
Ksm 66 will help control adrenal stress as well as elevated cortisol levels. Which are both a
Result of taxing the CNS.

E

_Endure_

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I also agree if you are eating and sleeping correctly you should be able to recover. The biggest killer is stress/adrenals IMO. You have a huge lift day over the weekend then head into work and get ran over with stress and it just compounds. It's very tough to recover from such. You definitely have to stay mindful of deep breathing/meditating, cortisol control supps, finding time for yourself, turning off electronics at night, staying on a sleep schedule, all that fun stuff.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I also agree if you are eating and sleeping correctly you should be able to recover. The biggest killer is stress/adrenals IMO. You have a huge lift day over the weekend then head into work and get ran over with stress and it just compounds. It's very tough to recover from such. You definitely have to stay mindful of deep breathing/meditating, cortisol control supps, finding time for yourself, turning off electronics at night, staying on a sleep schedule, all that fun stuff.
That and if you're trying to compensate for lack of sleep with mass amounts of caffeine, it's all going to catch up with you.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
FoxHound Supplements 17
P Training Forum 0
D Supplements 7
Lacrossedude6 Anabolics 5
T Male Anti-Aging Medicine 2