NEED HELP ON LOOSING WEIGHT AND GETTING CUT NOT BIGGER

stugots87

stugots87

Awards
I am 21 I sit on my ass all day at work and when I go home the only exercise I get is sleeping with my gf. I was at 203 now I am down to 183 but my body is way out of proportion. Big chest fat stomach small arms, big thighs n small calfs.

I just need some dieting ideas on what I should do to just get cut I dont want to get bigger at all being that im 6 foot and big enough. Basically the gym doesnt work out for me becasue of all the crazy prices around me in NYC. At home i do have a bench with alot of weights and the dumbells. But I dont kno what exercies I need to do to reach my goals.

You guys helped me in the past before with loosing my weight now I just want to maintain n get ripped maybe shed a few more pds on the way.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
jOE

dpfisher

If you are that fat at 6'1 183 and don't want to gain muscle then you are probably going to look more "anorexic" than "ripped"

stugots87

stugots87

Awards
so then maybe im wording it wrong what shuld i do?

dpfisher

Oh, I think you are saying you want to end up at the same weight with less fat maybe? At first I thought you meant you just want to lose all your fat and not gain any muscle. Lots of compound movements should help even things out, maybe some specific exercises for parts that are really lagging, maintain a clean diet close to maintenance calories and do lots of cardio is what I would say but that might seem pretty basic to you... or bulk hardcore and lose the weight again once you have more muscle, which will be way faster. Recomping is kinda hard but I'm doing it right now since I don't want to ever be fat again either. Basically just do everything perfect right at maintenance calories.

stugots87

stugots87

Awards
should i puta pic up or something cuz like i said more arms pshh im embarressed my legs are skinny just i gota big frame and im way out of proportion should i jus do cardio and run my ass off everday like im so confused i know i sound dumb but i have no idea where to go from here

and thanks for your response i really appreciate it

stugots87

stugots87

Awards
sorry for double posting but is there a set schedulue to go by working out and eating wise to go by cuz i kno myself iff i have a set schedule on paper ill follow it or maybe if there isnt one could you help me create one to reach my goals

thanks again

dpfisher

Everyone's a bit different, you'll have to read some fitness literature and try some different things to figure it out. What works for me probably won't work as well for you. Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle is an ebook that a lot of people like. He tells you how to create a diet and gives some example workouts. I've never used any prescribed workout regimen but a lot of people like something called 5x5 for starting lifting. You'll need to read up or find someone else to point you in that direction, since I don't know much about it and some of those general plans won't have provisions for needing to work certain parts more than others. (Hint it's not that much more, don't be the guy that works biceps 5x/week and everything else one day) Sorry I can't help more, but no don't just run your ass off and do nothing else, lift too. The calves will be hard to get specifically with just what you have at home but it's possible. If your arms and calves are weak then do a normal routine maybe hit them one extra time per week and use different exercises for them instead of always the same thing. exrx.net lists like every type of exercise by body part so you can find some new ones.

If this response doesn't make sense it's because I don't really understand what you already know/do and what you want to achieve.

stugots87

stugots87

Awards
thanks soo much i am going to do my research but thanks for the starting point!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 32
Newbie78 Anabolics 15
DinosaurMuffins Anabolics 6
Weight Loss 3
Weight Loss 7