• First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals prohibited from selling DMAA supplements

https://www.stack3d.com/2017/10/hi-tech-no-dmaa-order.html

The important words from the court file are,

“Hi-Tech is prohibited from, directly or indirectly through third parties, manufacturing, distributing or selling adulterated foods or misbranded drugs, including but not limited to products containing DMAA or its chemical equivalent. This includes but is not limited to: purchasing or receiving DMAA ingredients, and manufacturing, processing, packaging, marketing, or distributing food or dietary supplement products containing DMAA or its chemical equivalent.”

The reason this has all come about is that Jared Wheat of Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals has been indicted for fraud, money laundering, and controlled substances charges. The stop on the production of DMAA supplements is then a condition of Wheat’s release from custody.

There are a lot of other things that have gone on in and around this, but the order for Hi-Tech to stop production of DMAA appears to be the biggest news. The main reason we feel that, is because it affects a large amount of people that both use, sell, and compete against those supplements.

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
Whoa...

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Same as I posted on the other forum...

I really don't have much solid information I can give right now except that HTP will be fighting this (as I'm sure you'd all expect), and there is a LOT more to this situation than what STACK3D is currently showing on their website. I'd expect some major fireworks to play out over the upcoming weeks/months.

Duality29

Duality29

Awards
Wow, better load up on Mesomorph so the value skyrockets in the years to come just like Jack3d :/

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Apparently DEA&IRS came in for a product containing Lovastatin from 4-6 years ago(even though is naturally occuring in Red Yeast Rice), seized all DMAA products(soemthing like 10 - 18 wheelers worth) and arrested him and then released him if he agreed to stop selling/manufacturing DMAA.

Tiocfaidh

Tiocfaidh

Awards
  • Established
Apparently DEA&IRS came in for a product containing Lovastatin from 4-6 years ago(even though is naturally occuring in Red Yeast Rice), seized all DMAA products(soemthing like 10 - 18 wheelers worth) and arrested him and then released him if he agreed to stop selling/manufacturing DMAA.
so we can't get in him court, so we'll try this. love the government

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subd

sespress

Awards
Christ, didn't high tech win a lawsuit recently in regards to this? Maybe 6 months back? My memory may be bad here

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
strong 2014 source...and also obviously insanely biased article lol
Very. But it makes sense as to why they keep coming after him.

It's like a dog with a bone.
Edit: Also bad wording on my part. I meant the stacked article. It states a court file. Removed OG link for irrelevancy

Tiocfaidh

Tiocfaidh

Awards
  • Established
Very. But it makes sense as to why they keep coming after him.

It's like a dog with a bone.
Edit: Also bad wording on my part. I meant the stacked article. It states a court file. Removed OG link for irrelevancy
i read between the lines. you challenge government these days, and this is what you get. manipulation.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Normally cultured Red Yeast Rice has only trace amounts of Monacolin K in it - this can be sold in the US. If you try to increase the amount it contains (through different culturing methods than culinary rice undergoes), the FDA in 1998 ruled it would then be an unapproved drug (Lovastatin). Statins have some nasty sides. That's why testing yo stuff is important - keeps the law away.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
i read between the lines. you challenge government these days, and this is what you get. manipulation.
I definitely understand what you mean. The good part is that you know HTP will fight back.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Same as I posted on the other forum...

I really don't have much solid information I can give right now except that HTP will be fighting this (as I'm sure you'd all expect), and there is a LOT more to this situation than what STACK3D is currently showing on their website. I'd expect some major fireworks to play out over the upcoming weeks/months.
So whats that mean for current sales?

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established

Priceplow did a good video about it.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I definitely understand what you mean. The good part is that you know HTP will fight back.
Apparently he told the court he was broke. I wouldn't be surprised between legal fees for all this court stuff and all the companies he's bought if this thing is on its way down anyway. I know one thing's for sure they are responsible for about 90% of the dmaa on the market. Better buy up boys.

rowz4broz

rowz4broz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I came on here to post about this but see I was beat. This **** is crazy. HTP will fight this, but my gut is telling me DMAA will soon be gone.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Of course this is nothing but foolishness and an abuse of power...we all know that..

Personally though, I have gotten nothing out of any products I have tried in the past few years that listed DMAA as an ingredient...so no loss for me. I feel bad for people that do enjoy such products though..

Better stock up is right!

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thank god for Re1gn!!!!
Of course this is nothing but foolishness and an abuse of power...we all know that..

Personally though, I have gotten nothing out of any products I have tried in the past few years that listed DMAA as an ingredient...so no loss for me. I feel bad for people that do enjoy such products though..

Better stock up is right!
I hear ya’ll on this!

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
I have said it before and I will say it again. This isn’t the end!

Ray Donovan

Awards
The PH ban of 2014 will cause me to buy a dozen tubs of Mesomorph this time.

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So they either brought up false charges or spent a crapload of resources to find something against him? Just to get DMAA to go away.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Wow! In for more information

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The interesting thing here is that the FDA didn't go into Hi-Tech for DMAA, they went in for a discontinued RED YEAST RICE extract product called Choladrene. Yes serious. The FDA asserts that the product Choladrene had Lovastatin in it, a scary and dangerous drug, right?

WRONG. It's naturally occurring.

So FDA was able to get in the doors dUE to this. What else did they claim in the paperwork that has been shown? Well namely, that the FDA doesn't have a chemist on board.

Here is what the FDA is claiming HTP is selling in their prohormones:

Wow, this seems intense doesn't it? It would be if it was factual, but the problem is that their chemical nomenclature is horrific.

Lets look at each one:

Superdrol -

They contend androstenedione, 4-androstenediol and/or 4-androstenediol, and boldione

In reality it contains

4-DHEA, 1-DHEA, Androsterone, DHEA acetate, 6-oxo delta 4 pregnane, turkesterone.

You can't confuse these nomenclatures with what they're claiming, you just CAN'T. They're so far off base it's insane.

Look at the rest of the ingredients...they make the same mistakes on ALL of them:

Equibolin - "4-androstenediol/5-androstenediol"...this contains 1,4-DHEA

1-AD - "boldione, androstanedione, 4-androstenediol and/or 5-androstenediol"...this contains 1-DHEA

1-Testosterone - "boldione and androstenedione; and androdiol, which contained 4-androstenediol and/or 5-androstenediol"...this contains 1-DHEA

The ONLY reason DMAA is being lumped into this is because they strong armed Jared and said "in order to get bailed out on selling a NATURAL RED YEAST RICE EXTRACT and PROHORMONES WHICH DON'T CONTAIN ANY OF THE ACTIVES WE SAY THEY DO...you have to stop selling DMAA in the meantime"

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
I'm no .gov lover, so no duh they are using anything and everything they can - just like Al Capone and tax evasion - totally agree it's a witch hunt.

BUT - *If* Choladrene had more than zero, or trace amounts of Monacolin-K in it, it was in violation of a 1998 FDA ruling stemming from the CholestinTM case. If you culture RYR the "normal", culinary way - there are only trace amounts. If you specifically culture to increase the amount of Monacolin-K, then you run afoul of the ruling. It's like Pine Pollen and Testosterone if you could somehow increase the amount in it and make it Trans-Dermal - you'd have the FDA and Andro-Gel up your hind quarters. How much Monacolin-K was in Choladrene? If the answer is zero or trace, HT will win the case, and while no lawyer, maybe get the DMAA back since the initial enforcement action had no merit? If the level of Monacolin-K was higher, it shouldn't have been, since even 2014 was 16 years after the Cholestin case.

Here's a good rundown, by a lawfirm, on the Cholestin case, in an article about CBD: http://www.kkblaw.com/lessons-from-red-yeast-rice-factors-to-consider-regarding-fdas-position-on-cbd-supplements/

Using the "everybody is selling RYR!" is a poor argument (PricePlow) - it's the amount of Monacolin-K in the products, that matters.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm no .gov lover, so no duh they are using anything and everything they can - just like Al Capone and tax evasion - totally agree it's a witch hunt.

BUT - *If* Choladrene had more than zero, or trace amounts of Monacolin-K in it, it was in violation of a 1998 FDA ruling stemming from the CholestinTM case. If you culture RYR the "normal", culinary way - there are only trace amounts. If you specifically culture to increase the amount of Monacolin-K, then you run afoul of the ruling. It's like Pine Pollen and Testosterone if you could somehow increase the amount in it and make it Trans-Dermal - you'd have the FDA and Andro-Gel up your hind quarters. How much Monacolin-K was in Choladrene? If the answer is zero or trace, HT will win the case, and while no lawyer, maybe get the DMAA back since the initial enforcement action had no merit? If the level of Monacolin-K was higher, it shouldn't have been, since even 2014 was 16 years after the Cholestin case.

Here's a good rundown, by a lawfirm, on the Cholestin case, in an article about CBD: http://www.kkblaw.com/lessons-from-red-yeast-rice-factors-to-consider-regarding-fdas-position-on-cbd-supplements/

Using the "everybody is selling RYR!" is a poor argument (PricePlow) - it's the amount of Monacolin-K in the products, that matters.
Unfortunately the FDA has not claimed the amount found...just that it was in there. Which to me, seems like an easy excuse to claim whatever they want as a way to "get in the door" and then drop that specific charge later.

Big_Spaz

Big_Spaz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I have no insider information other than what Vaughn posted (and I completely, 100% trust Vaughn).

-Spaz

Duality29

Duality29

Awards
Only had money to stock up on 3 tubs of Meso, but it'll be all worth it to have my DMAA lol.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
I ordered 2 tubs of mesomorph to get me by for some heavy leg workouts, probably get more,
How is the snowcone and green apple flavours.

YamahaC76

Awards
  • Established
I ordered 2 tubs of mesomorph to get me by for some heavy leg workouts, probably get more,
How is the snowcone and green apple flavours.
I too want to know, bet they're good. I just wasn't a fan of tutti fruity so anything that's off base from that I can tolerate lol. I love me some meso.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
I too want to know, bet they're good. I just wasn't a fan of tutti fruity so anything that's off base from that I can tolerate lol. I love me some meso.
I did not like mesomorph in tutti fruitti to sickly, best i have had was pink lemonade and rocket pop, so am hoping sno cone and green apple i get taste nicer, also was put off by cotton candy as it does not sound to appealing and could be a sickly flavour.

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
I did not like mesomorph in tutti fruitti to sickly, best i have had was pink lemonade and rocket pop, so am hoping sno cone and green apple i get taste nicer, also was put off by cotton candy as it does not sound to appealing and could be a sickly flavour.
Waiting in some cotton candy myself. Interested to see how it tastes

Duality29

Duality29

Awards
I got in on snow cone and green apple. Tutti fruitti just didn't taste good at all lol

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
I got in on snow cone and green apple. Tutti fruitti just didn't taste good at all lol
I wasn’t a fan of tutti fruiti either

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
It reminded me of that old zebra stripes bubble gum. Smelled exactly like it, and tasted pretty terrible just like it too
To be fair I was expecting it to taste like that. Being younger myself it brought back some nostalgia but it wasn’t good as an everyday flavor

JAMES1980

JAMES1980

Awards
I have no insider information other than what Vaughn posted (and I completely, 100% trust Vaughn) but I personally am stocking up on some DMAA products today.

I already purchased 7 tubs of Superpump 250 and will probably pickup some Meso as well. No doubt in my mind Hi-Tech will fight this (they always do and that's why we love them ...) but they are clearly using whatever tactics they need to in order to tackle this (DMAA). So it's war ... and in the meantime like someone else said, I'm not letting DMAA go down like the PH ban where I was left with nothing.

-Spaz
I got 23 sealed tubs of dmaa pre and just ordered 3 tubs of Off The Chain ?

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
BLOODSHOT: (Pours out a bit for my favorite)... You'll be missed.