Dangerous Drugs

The Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 (Amendment) Order 2009
Made
Coming into force
23rd December 2009

At the Court at Buckingham Palace, the *** day of ***

Present,

The Queen’s Most Excellent Majesty in Council

In accordance with section 2(5) of the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971(1) a draft of this Order has been laid before Parliament after consultation with the Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs and approved by a resolution of each House of Parliament.

Accordingly, Her Majesty, in exercise of the powers conferred upon Her by section 2(2) of that Act, is pleased, by and with the advice of Her Privy Council, to order as follows:

Citation and commencement
1. This Order may be cited as the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 (Amendment) Order 2009 and shall come into force on 23rd December 2009.

Amendments to the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971
2.—(1) Schedule 2 to the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 (which specifies the drugs which are subject to control under that Act) is amended as follows.

(2) In Part 2 (Class B drugs)—

(a) after paragraph 1(b), insert—
“(c) [2,3–Dihydro–5–methyl–3–(4–morpholinylmethyl)pyrrolo[1, 2, 3–de]–1,4–benzoxazin–6–yl]–1–naphthalenylmethanone.
3–Dimethylheptyl–11–hydroxyhexahydrocannabinol.
[9–Hydroxy–6–methyl–3–[5–phenylpentan–2–yl] oxy–5, 6, 6a, 7, 8, 9, 10, 10a–octahydrophenanthridin–1–yl] acetate.
9-(Hydroxymethyl)–6, 6–dimethyl–3–(2–methyloctan–2–yl)–6a, 7, 10, 10a–tetrahydrobenzo[c]chromen–1–ol.
Nabilone.
Any compound structurally derived from 3–(1–naphthoyl)indole or 1H–indol–3–yl–(1–naphthyl)methane by substitution at the nitrogen atom of the indole ring by alkyl, alkenyl, cycloalkylmethyl, cycloalkylethyl or 2–(4–morpholinyl)ethyl, whether or not further substituted in the indole ring to any extent and whether or not substituted in the naphthyl ring to any extent.
Any compound structurally derived from 3–(1–naphthoyl)pyrrole by substitution at the nitrogen atom of the pyrrole ring by alkyl, alkenyl, cycloalkylmethyl, cycloalkylethyl or 2–(4–morpholinyl)ethyl, whether or not further substituted in the pyrrole ring to any extent and whether or not substituted in the naphthyl ring to any extent.
Any compound structurally derived from 1–(1–naphthylmethyl)indene by substitution at the 3–position of the indene ring by alkyl, alkenyl, cycloalkylmethyl, cycloalkylethyl or 2–(4–morpholinyl)ethyl, whether or not further substituted in the indene ring to any extent and whether or not substituted in the naphthyl ring to any extent.
Any compound structurally derived from 3–phenylacetylindole by substitution at the nitrogen atom of the indole ring with alkyl, alkenyl, cycloalkylmethyl, cycloalkylethyl or 2–(4–morpholinyl)ethyl, whether or not further substituted in the indole ring to any extent and whether or not substituted in the phenyl ring to any extent.
Any compound structurally derived from 2–(3–hydroxycyclohexyl)phenol by substitution at the 5–position of the phenolic ring by alkyl, alkenyl, cycloalkylmethyl, cycloalkylethyl or 2–(4–morpholinyl)ethyl, whether or not further substituted in the cyclohexyl ring to any extent.”;
(b) in paragraph 2A, after “derivative” insert “or of a substance for the time being specified in paragraph 1(c) of this Part of this Schedule.”.
(3) In Part 3 (Class C drugs)—

(a) in paragraph 1(a), after “Flurazepam”, insert “Gamma–butyrolactone”;
(b) in paragraph 1(b)—
(i) before “4–Androstene–3,17–dione”, insert—
“5α–Androstane–3,17–diol.
Androst-4-ene-3,17-diol.
1–Androstenediol.
1–Androstenedione”;
(ii) after “4–Androstene–3,17–dione”, insert “5–Androstenedione.”;
(iii) after “Boldenone.”, insert “Boldione.”;
(iv) after “Bolmantalate.”, insert “1,4–Butanediol.”;
(v) after “Clostebol.”, insert—
“Danazol.
Desoxymethyltestosterone”;
(vi) after “Furazabol.”, insert—
“Gestrinone.
3–Hydroxy–5α–androstan–17–one.”;
(vii) after “Nandrolone.”, insert “19–Norandrostenedione.”;
(viii) after “19–Nor–5–Androstene–3,17–diol”, insert “19–Norandrosterone.”;
(ix) after “Norethandrolone.”, insert—
“19–Noretiocholanolone.
Oripavine.”;
(x) after “Propetandrol.”, insert “Prostanozol.”;
(xi) after “Testosterone.”, insert “Tetrahydrogestrinone.”;
(c) after paragraph 1(c), insert—
“(ca) 1–benzylpiperazine or any compound structurally derived from 1–benzylpiperazine or 1–phenylpiperazine by modification in any of the following ways—
(i) by substitution at the second nitrogen atom of the piperazine ring with alkyl, benzyl, haloalkyl or phenyl groups;
(ii) by substitution in the aromatic ring to any extent with alkyl, alkoxy, alkylenedioxy, halide or haloalkyl groups.”;
(d) in paragraph 1(e), after “Somatropin.”, insert “Zeranol.” and “Zilpaterol.”.
Judith Simpson
Clerk of the Privy Council

(1)1971 (c. 38). Schedule 2 has been amended by section 21 of the Drugs Act 2005 (c. 17) and S.I. 1973/771, 1975/421, 1977/1243, 1979/299, 1983/765, 1984/859, 1985/1995, 1986/2230, 1989/1340, 1990/2589, 1995/1966, 1996/1300, 1998/750, 2001/3932, 2003/1243, 2003/3201, 2005/3178, 2006/3331 and 2008/3130. Back [1]
Page 1 of 2
Next

First page 1 2 Last page

[Contact Us] [Freedom of Information] [Complaints] [Crown copyright] [Privacy policy]

Gym4Life

Awards
  • Established
what the hell does that mean PHs are banned over here then ?? im from the uk but theirs lots of uk based websites still selling all the PHs and more which were all baned from the usa Like .. Tren etc

michael75

michael75

Awards
If what i have read in this statement is correct then yes,many of the UK retailers are carrying class C drugs.

Just before christmas i did notice a few retailers had removed all of their PH/PS stock,others like on ebay have removed their labeling of the word (prohormone).

I`m not entirely sure how the law works,i do know of a few sites that sell bona fide AAS within the UK which is a bit strange as the sale of steroids in the UK is illegal,possesion isn`t.

Maybe the retailers are not aware of the new laws.I knew these laws were coming into place regarding certain legal highs after seeing it on the news,but not the PH/PS drugs.

Gym4Life

Awards
  • Established
If what i have read in this statement is correct then yes,many of the UK retailers are carrying class C drugs.

Just before christmas i did notice a few retailers had removed all of their PH/PS stock,others like on ebay have removed their labeling of the word (prohormone).

I`m not entirely sure how the law works,i do know of a few sites that sell bona fide AAS within the UK which is a bit strange as the sale of steroids in the UK is illegal,possesion isn`t.

Maybe the retailers are not aware of the new laws.I knew these laws were coming into place regarding certain legal highs after seeing it on the news,but not the PH/PS drugs.
i didnt know nothing about PHs being banned in the uk i thought it was all just in the usa .....

i still know about 6 british websites that sell most PHS. none removed nothing still come under Pro hormones .....

michael75

michael75

Awards
This is true,there are those who are still selling and still advertise Prohormones,how long this will go on for i don`t know,or how the law will be enforced.

As you can see though,it`s in black and white,the UK seems to be following suit with the US...As we usually do,this time not for the better IMO.I do believe though that the UK seems to be more liberal,so it may take some time before we see the websites ceasing trading.

Gym4Life

Awards
  • Established
This is true,there are those who are still selling and still advertise Prohormones,how long this will go on for i don`t know,or how the law will be enforced.

As you can see though,it`s in black and white,the UK seems to be following suit with the US...As we usually do,this time not for the better IMO.I do believe though that the UK seems to be more liberal,so it may take some time before we see the websites ceasing trading.
so if i am to order any PH from a uk website am i commiting an offence ???

michael75

michael75

Awards
Thats a very grey area,i think the authorities wouldn`t really bother with Joe Bloggs,firstly they would cut the supply...Or they would confiscate your product.

So i wouldn`t lose any sleep over it.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Looks like they just added the ones that were recenty banned here, along with 1-AD.

Gym4Life

Awards
  • Established
i guess it was only a matter of time, their wasent much warning about it over here though lol ...

mark118

mark118

Awards
  • Established
oh dear. we could be cracking down on knife crime, drunken assault, theft... but na

michael75

michael75

Awards
I agree,it does seem a bit over the top,lets face it,the supplement industry is big money and some of this money goes into taxes which is a good thing especially in the current financial climate.

It also seems crazy that foods that are full of sh1t,and that contribute to obesity,which will cost society so much in so many ways are actually accepted and promoted...Where as a supplement that helps in improving health,if not abused,is restricted and classified as something that is unwanted.

Where is the sense in it all? It doesn`t add up.Being over weight,obese,is so damaging to health,far more so than taking PS/PH.If used correctly and not abused PS/PH are actually beneficial to health...As far as i`m concerned there is no reasonable argument to ban such drugs.