TRT/Balancing Hormones

gotgoals30

Awards
So I'm about to be 30. I was diagnosed with Low T, and I've been doing testosterone replacement therapy for about roughly 7 months. I was at 246 and got down to 217. I am so proud of my progress, because I was having a tough time getting results.

My doctor stopped the TRT and put me on Clomid. I am hoping the Clomid will help my body to produce its own testosterone at a decent to high enough level so I don't get fat again and go back to having Low T.

Does anyone have any advice on maintaining my testosterone levels and decreasing estrogen for the long term?

Anything I should discuss more with my doctor?

Supps? ZMA? DHEA? Any others? Diet to focus on? How much?

Also, I have a slight case of Gyno, not from the TRT but from the lack of testosterone that I had I guess. I've never done steroids so it was unfortunately natural. It has gotten a little better, but advice on this also would be appreciated.

I am taking Lexapro which helps my mood, but I was told by a pharmacist I shouldn't take DHEA with an SSR (Lexapro), and I've seen mixed reviews on DHEA.

Phentermine also has helped me lose weight.
Also take those Lipo shots.

Anyone who can really give me some quality advice in this arena will be much appreciated.

To recap, my main focus is to balance my damn hormones, stay anabolic, and keep the fat off.

I know this is talked about a lot on here, but when you have Low T it really sucks, and you need all the help you can get!

Thanks!

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
i would wait to see what happens with the clomid and hope it kickstarts your natural levels again.

sinewave3

sinewave3

Awards
  • Established
I have done some research on natural test levels (34 years old) and there are a ton of things that can affect them! The main two I found are to keep your stress low and to make sure you are eating some fats. Stress can affect your test and if you are eating a really low fat diet then your body might not have the raw materials to make test.

Good luck with your doc, but I suggest doing some of your own research. Even if you have a great doc you need to look out for yourself and not be afraid of getting a second opinion if you don't like how things are going.

gotgoals30

Awards
I have see two doctors. One prescribed me the TRT, and the other prescribed me Clomid, now that I'm off TRT.

Thanks for the advice. I try to do as much research as I can.

There are a lot of herbs out there that "supposed" to help, like nettle, fenugreek, etc.

How much fat should I take?

I eat some daily. Not sure how much I should be eating though.

yelis300

yelis300

Awards
  • Established
For fat intake I would follow a .5g/lb of body weight. So if you weigh 200lb then try for about 100g fat. Try to keep it healthy fat if possible IE coconut, olive oil, peanut butter.

gotgoals30

Awards
Ok thank you.

I'm kind of interested in going on a cycle, because the TRT was so helpful, but I don't know where people get the anabolics they talk about in the forums, ie test 400, danabol, and the million other "bols" there are lol.

I've been reading the news part of this site but just registered yesterday, and don't know **** about anabolics, but I figure I might consider them, as long as I pct correctly.

Probably will do Clomid for a while and see how it goes.

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
Ok thank you.

I'm kind of interested in going on a cycle, because the TRT was so helpful, but I don't know where people get the anabolics they talk about in the forums, ie test 400, danabol, and the million other "bols" there are lol.

I've been reading the news part of this site but just registered yesterday, and don't know **** about anabolics, but I figure I might consider them, as long as I pct correctly.

Probably will do Clomid for a while and see how it goes.
if you are struggling with low t and trying to bring it back up why would you even think of using AAS

gotgoals30

Awards
Good question. I thought someone might say that.

Well, basically, because I had Low T, and without the TRT, I wouldn't have been able to make the progress I've made, going a natural route.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but TRT is prescription anabolics. Wasn't I already on a cycle?

I thought I might do Clomid for a while, then go the anabolic route later.

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
AAS suppress your natural production and some times you never get it back, even if you PCT properly.

gotgoals30

Awards
I agree with you 100%, but TRT also suppresses your natural ability also, and without that TRT I would still be fat and have Low T. My body wasn't making enough on its own already.

It's a double edged sword.

AAS might not be a good choice because of your argument, I'm just afraid of going back to stage 1, being fat with Low T again. Hoping the Clomid prevents that.

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
I agree with you 100%, but TRT also suppresses your natural ability also, and without that TRT I would still be fat and have Low T. My body wasn't making enough on its own already.

It's a double edged sword.

AAS might not be a good choice because of your argument, I'm just afraid of going back to stage 1, being fat with Low T again. Hoping the Clomid prevents that.
well yes if you are on trt then your levels are already going to be minimal, but if you are trying to bring your natural levels up dont even think of trying a cycle

gotgoals30

Awards
Ya I agree.

I was only thinking about AAS down the road.

The TRT worked wonders for me, that's why I was interested in AAS.

I guess my plan is to eat quality fats, sleep, and increase my training intensity.

Do you have any recommendations on natural supps that would help with natural production?

I take fish oil, maca, and a little zma, and Clomid.

If there are products out there that help your own production let me know.

Of course I don't want to over do it. Just whatever helps.

gotgoals30

Awards
What do you think about hgh and igf-1?

Would supplementing with either help or no?

I'm not sure how those would affect my body's production of testosterone, good or bad, that's why I ask.

I know less about igf-1 and hgh then AAS.

gotgoals30

Awards
I did blood tests with my doctor. It tested for everything as far as I know, and I took testes regularly while on TRT.

The doc never mentioned anything about my prolactin, so I don't know if it wasn't on the test or if my levels were fine.

I can ask him though.

gotgoals30

Awards
Tests*

I didn't take testes regularly.

AM fail lol.

jbuidon

Awards
There are testosterone booster chocolates. If you are on a tight budget you can make your own testosterone boosting chocolates. You can visit this site: wwwanabolicmen.com/make-raw-chocolate-testosterone-boosting-benefits. insert"." after www